MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

11 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I think the battle pack description is misleading.

7 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Ehm it is not a battle pack.

I suppose I was misled by the News thread, where the name of the set is given as “Death Trooper Battle Pack”.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I suppose I was mislead by the News thread, where the name of the set is given as “Death Trooper Battle Pack”.

I think the confusion stems from the fact that originally it was leaked as being a battle pack, but afterwards leakers started saying it actually wasn't a battle pack. I would have preferred it to be a battle pack but I'm also not much of an army builder so I'm not outraged.

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

I think the confusion stems from the fact that originally it was leaked as being a battle pack, but afterwards leakers started saying it actually wasn't a battle pack. I would have preferred it to be a battle pack but I'm also not much of an army builder so I'm not outraged.

Yes, Meadius is correct. Battle Pack isn't in the official name. 

12 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I think the battle pack description is misleading. I'd be surprised if it is called that given the price and the contents, I think it's more in line with the Trexler Marauder set from this summer (three troops and a main character). I do wonder if they'll change Luke's figure at all, I assume they would give him a hood.

The term "Battle Pack" is misleading, my apologies. I guess its the term I have heard most used in the community. I guess it's important to note that none of the names are known at this point. 

I was most displeased to not see a single sideshow character from RotJ in the TBoBF trailer, thus giving me no indication whatever of what figures, outside Fett and Fennec, would show up in either set, and could be pinched to add to my Jabba shrine. 

I hope they do a proper hairpiece for Fennec, but not counting on it. Thought it odd that they splashed out on a helmet piece for the Light Cruiser considering she didn't even wear her helmet in that episode. Clearly they knew what was coming.

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

Yes, Meadius is correct. Battle Pack isn't in the official name. 

Do we have official names??? *oh2*

2 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

I guess it's important to note that none of the names are known at this point. 

Ah, beat me to it.

I guess since the 501st became universally referred to as a 'battle pack' even though it also isn't, has resulted in other sets $30 or under with multiple factional soldiers and small builds given the same moniker, regardless of the set name.

On 11/6/2021 at 3:54 AM, T21Typhoon said:

I’m in the same boat that this AT-AT is the first truly massive UCS set that I simply have to buy, and it’s precisely because it’s minifigure-scaled. The ISD is cool but didn’t interest me, and the System scaled Falcon is enough for my taste, but this AT-AT is just something else!

Yep! It’s UCS and MBS all-in-one. This AT-AT has more play value than the other minifigure scale UCS sets (e.g. Slave I, Imperial Shuttle, and even Falcon.)

They’re all great sets (I’ve owned most), but as a parent budgeting both cost & space, play value for my kids is always a factor when justifying a self-driven ‘family’ purchase. 

This and the eventual Snowspeeder will be our Hoth disPLAY to pair w/ the Cantina, Ewok Village, & Clone Wars LAAT assault.

6 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

I guess since the 501st became universally referred to as a 'battle pack' even though it also isn't, has resulted in other sets $30 or under with multiple factional soldiers and small builds given the same moniker, regardless of the set name.

Even the designers told us that battle packs aren't dead. It's a bit of a cynical marketing move to effectively double the price, but pretty clear that these larger sets are battlepacks spiritual replacement. Hopefully the accessory packs, whatever they turn out to be, will keep people's wrath at bay. I'm substantially more excited for those than any more BPs. I just hope they're not full of common figures.

A picture of one of the Christmas GWPs, Santa's Front Yard, has just been revealed and on first glance it really does look to me like a battle droid has had a run in with the reindeer. :laugh:

There was a debate the other day about brick built vs mould for creatures In reference to the rancor beast In Boba’s palace set. I think that brick built reindeer speaks for itself 

2 hours ago, LDigital said:

I think that brick built reindeer speaks for itself 

But Rancor is supposed to be far bigger than a reindeer, so perhaps they can make it work if use the right technics. I have my doubts and do believe that mould one with some small parts brick built is the best choice here.

2 hours ago, MaceWindu said:

But Rancor is supposed to be far bigger than a reindeer, so perhaps they can make it work if use the right technics. I have my doubts and do believe that mould one with some small parts brick built is the best choice here.

I think a mold is ideal, but with the variety of parts we have these days a brick-built Rancor could probably turn out at least okay. As you pointed out, a Rancor is way bigger than the typical brick-built animals we get, so it'll probably be okay even if it isn't molded. 

Edited by Meadius
Needed to make an asinine correction to my grammar

4 hours ago, MaceWindu said:

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

I think a mold is ideal, but with the variety of parts we have these days a brick-built Rancor could probably turn out at least okay. As you pointed out, a Rancor is way bigger than the typical brick-built animals we get, so it'll probably be okay even if it isn't molded. 

I reckon this supposed brick/technic-built rancor could turn out decently as you said, but if it isn't a mould I will probably just switch it out for the 2013 moulded one since I have that set.

41 minutes ago, Darkslayer said:

What are the chances the Master Builder series returns in 2022?

If the pattern holds up, we should see another MBS in 2022.

I’d love a Geonosian Arena. Some people are theorizing Endor since it’s been a while since the Village & the Bunker has never received proper treatment. I’m saying Yavin. Never been done before, numerous Rebel Fleet Troopers the other year, Dodonna last year, Andor coming up.

Regardless, I’m also interested to find out ASAP. It could be a while, though; we didn’t know about the Cantina until the summer. Up until then, all year, the rumor had been it was another UCS Imperial Shuttle coming in the fall of 2019.

1 hour ago, Darkslayer said:

What are the chances the Master Builder series returns in 2022?

Pretty high, considering we've had one every even numbered year since either 2016 or 2014 depending on whether or not you consider the sandcrawler.

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Pretty high, considering we've had one every even numbered year since either 2016 or 2014 depending on whether or not you consider the sandcrawler.

The only reason that I'm not sure we'd get one is that the Cantina, at least anecdotally, seems to be the best seller out of any MBS set they've done so far.  Assault on Hoth was kind of a whole thing and seems to be one of the most unpopular D2Cs they've ever done.  While Cloud City was arguably one of the most requested sets of the past decade, it only had like a year and a half shelf life and didn't seem to stay out of stock long.  The Cantina went out of stock for, like, three months (to be fair, that may have been pandemic related, though), so I wonder if they won't keep it around longer than the other MBS sets have stuck around.

If that's the case, I'm wondering if they'd leave two MBS sets out at once.  I know that we've sort of had it with the Death Star being on shelves at the same time as Hoth/Cloud City/the Cantina, but it's sort of a different market altogether ($800 vs $350).

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think only Cloud City and Mos Eisley are officially MBS sets. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-Master-Builder-Series

While the Endor Village, Assault on Hoth and Death star were all location based, they are classed as UCS sets. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-Ultimate-Collector-Series

4 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I reckon this supposed brick/technic-built rancor could turn out decently as you said, but if it isn't a mould I will probably just switch it out for the 2013 moulded one since I have that set.

reindeer.JPG

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I think only Cloud City and Mos Eisley are officially MBS sets. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-Master-Builder-Series

While the Endor Village, Assault on Hoth and Death star were all location based, they are classed as UCS sets. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars/subtheme-Ultimate-Collector-Series

If you don't watch your step you're gonna start the argument about exactly what is and isn't a UCS set again, LMAO. You're right in the sense that LEGO first publicly used the term 'Master Builder Series' in 2018, but terminological arguments don't detract from the point that they've been alternating between system-scale playsets and traditional display models for most of the last decade.

I hate original trilogy, but oh damn UCS AT-AT is a real beauty. Hands down the best UCS set ever, i can only dream about LEGO doing anything as good as this for PT. So much details, interior is great and they even made 40 seats for snowtroopers, the exact number of seats to place an entire platoon (40 troopers plus lieutenant). Only thing i am salty about is that they say figures are a bonus in UCS sets and then put 9 figures into this.

38 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Only thing i am salty about is that they say figures are a bonus in UCS sets and then put 9 figures into this.

Well I think they were talking about the ones that aren't minifig scale.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Only thing i am salty about is that they say figures are a bonus in UCS sets and then put 9 figures into this.

That horse is long-dead.

Apparently the minifigures in Boba Fett's Palace are: Boba Fett, Fennec Shand, 2 Gamorrean Guards, and 2 Bounty Hunters.

That's a pretty lame selection imo. It's probably not LEGO's fault tho. I think the 70€ May set may give us more interesting content. 

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently the minifigures in Boba Fett's Palace are: Boba Fett, Fennec Shand, 2 Gamorrean Guards, and 2 Bounty Hunters.

That's a pretty lame selection imo. It's probably not LEGO's fault tho. I think the 70€ May set may give us more interesting content. 

The two bounty hunters could be moderately interesting. They’re just listed as unknown, maybe we just have no idea who they are instead of them being just generic side characters.