MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The Hoth Scout Trooper looks good, glad they gave them a new torso print :thumbup: My next thought was then which minifig could leak next, until I realised this is it for the January wave :laugh_hard: Unless we get a snow-covered Chewy or something, this is probably the only new minifig. Waiting for the March leaks then… :tongue:

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Hoth Scout Trooper looks good, glad they gave them a new torso print :thumbup: My next thought was then which minifig could leak next, until I realised this is it for the January wave :laugh_hard: Unless we get a snow-covered Chewy or something, this is probably the only new minifig. Waiting for the March leaks then… :tongue:

We still know literally nothing about the accessory packs, right?

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

In essence, it seems pretty clear that if a set is either at or close to minifigure scale, we get a lot of minifigures.  If it's larger than minifigure scale, they're included as a bonus to display, but they can't interact with the set in the same way, so we don't get tons of extras.

Thank you for the analysis. Gunship and AT-AT figure counts seem to line up with this, right? 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Watch the razor crest mando be the muddy variant or something. :tongue:

This really is a pathetic wave. Not so much in terms of set choice (I personally really like the battle pack and hoth at-st ideas at least), but in terms of how LITTLE there is. I know we're getting a few in march too, but seriously, look at these compared to even 2020.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Yeah they could be anything from 4 b1 battle droids with some random garbage side build to Jedi Bob, Rebel friend, Captain Howzer, and Doogie Howzer with a side build of a minikit and accurately sized AT-RT.

Realistically they tend to have 1 new fig each. SW has a greater budget than most of the other themes (I think HP might have a comparable one), so it could be more.

Question to the forum: What do I do so I can buy the AT-AT?

A: Do some mafia-style "persuasion" to get someone to buy the death star and some other stuff I'm selling on bricklink.

B: Take out a government loan and go into crippling debt.

C: Sell my car, then strap a power functions motor onto the AT-AT to use as transport.

7 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

True, but we have no idea when they’ll get released, so I didn’t consider them as part of the January wave :tongue: And even if they were part of that wave, these packs usually leak as a whole, which means the Scout is still likely to be our only factory leak for that wave. Pretty pathetic, but at least the March wave looks a lot better :thumbup:

13 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

In essence, it seems pretty clear that if a set is either at or close to minifigure scale, we get a lot of minifigures.  If it's larger than minifigure scale, they're included as a bonus to display, but they can't interact with the set in the same way, so we don't get tons of extras.

I think the ignorance and hating of some people has reached new levels with this critique about the Gunship figs. To begin, I think the idea of a non-minifigscale UCS gunship is a weird choice. Buy people voted for it. And if they would have put a bunch of troopers inside, it would have just been strange. Like you get a bunch of figures to NOT put in your troop transport, as it's too big for them? If people would have went with the frigatte or T-Bomber we would have also just gotten like some pilot, Monmothma or an imp. officer.

As stated before: there are little to no new prequel molds for years now. So unfortunately, it's unlikely we get new molds für Cody + pilot - the movies are long gone, not as popular as the OT and the molds would likely be a one-off, as they are too specific for different figs. There is no reason to make a propaganda about Lego hating the prequels, the fans or whatever.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah they could be anything from 4 b1 battle droids with some random garbage side build to Jedi Bob, Rebel friend, Captain Howzer, and Doogie Howzer with a side build of a minikit and accurately sized AT-RT.

Realistically they tend to have 1 new fig each. SW has a greater budget than most of the other themes (I think HP might have a comparable one), so it could be mo

I mean recently they have tend to have less new stuff in them but I'd (perhaps optimistically) think that saying they tend only have one new figure is a little pessimistic. I'm expecting at least 2 but depending on which existing figures are included then I could be pleased or disappointed with the figure pack regardless. 

Star wars is licensed so it'd probably be closer to the Harry Potter ones but I remember getting a few ninjago ones and some of them came with 4 new figures and newly recovered parts. Though they're were also some that just existed to get rid of excess stock of minifigures parts from old waves.

Edit- also you should go with C.:laugh:

Edited by Agent Kallus

Question to the forum: What do I do so I can buy the AT-AT?

A: Do some mafia-style "persuasion" to get someone to buy the death star and some other stuff I'm selling on bricklink.

B: Take out a government loan and go into crippling debt.

C: Sell my car, then strap a power functions motor onto the AT-AT to use as transport.

Have you considered selling a kidney? :laugh:

7 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I mean recently they have tend to have less new stuff in them but I'd (perhaps optimistically) think that saying they tend only have one new figure is a little pessimistic. I'm expecting at least 2 but depending on which existing figures are included then I could be pleased or disappointed with the figure pack regardless. 

Star wars is licensed so it'd probably be closer to the Harry Potter ones but I remember getting a few ninjago ones and some of them came with 4 new figures and newly recovered parts. Though they're were also some that just existed to get rid of excess stock of minifigures parts from old waves.

It's possible, again especially since SW has a higher budget.

If I remember correctly most of the ninjago ones have at most 1 new figure or new "wave figures" that are new, but released in other sets in that wave. So it'd be like if one of the accesory pack figures was a snow scout.

I'll do option C then, just have to attach some turn signals onto the set! :laugh:

6 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

Have you considered selling a kidney? :laugh:

Good idea! :laugh:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 11/3/2021 at 8:35 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Thank you for the analysis. Gunship and AT-AT figure counts seem to line up with this, right? 

Looks to be, yes.  I think in the 2021 thread (or maybe it was this one), someone did the math based on the pictures and determined about how high the AT-AT should be, based on the minifigures next to it.  They determined that it was pretty might right at minifig scale.

According to @Childish_Landino, there is evidence to suggest that the accessory packs could be released in January :thumbup: I definitely hope so, that wave is in desperate need of some glow-up :laugh: …unless the packs are just as lame in terms of minifig selection, you never know :tongue:

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to @Childish_Landino, there is evidence to suggest that the accessory packs could be released in January :thumbup: I definitely hope so, that wave is in desperate need of some glow-up :laugh: …unless the packs are just as lame in terms of minifig selection, you never know :tongue:

I would expect one "desirable" figure in each of the packs, looking at how the pervious packs have worked out. Maybe a second figure that is unique, but only slightly. Then 1-2 generic figures. 

And desirable is in quotes as I have a feeling these packs will be certain folks cup of tea, but not all. 

22 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's possible, again especially since SW has a higher budget.

If I remember correctly most of the ninjago ones have at most 1 new figure or new "wave figures" that are new, but released in other sets in that wave. So it'd be like if one of the accesory pack figures was a snow scout.

The ones I have are the following ones both of which have all unique minifigures with all unique prints, however I think that warped my perception as there are more that feature a lot less new figures and prints.

Spoiler

853687-1.jpg?201702230820853544-1.jpg?201606181248

3 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

And desirable is in quotes as I have a feeling these packs will be certain folks cup of tea, but not all. 

I think that perfectly describes every single SW product in existence :laugh: SW fans as a whole are just impossible to please :snicker:

19 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Looks to be, yes.  I think in the 2021 thread (or maybe it was this one), someone did the math based on the pictures and determined about how high the AT-AT should be, based on the minifigures next to it.  They determined that it was pretty might right at minifig scale.

Nice. 
God, I've got to have that AT-AT. It's so expensive but I'm definately going to try for it, I've got some bigger sets listed on bricklink and if they sell soon I'll get it.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

The ones I have are the following ones both of which have all unique minifigures with all unique prints, however I think that warped my perception as there are more that feature a lot less new figures and prints.

Ah, I didn't remember the tournament one. I think the pirate one isn't all unique though? At the very least that zane was from the robot wave, right?

Yeah when you said ninjago packs I remembered the final battle, rebooted, and clutch powers ones, which came with 0-1 unique figures. I'm not gonna crunch the numbers but I remember the majority being like that, although like you show there are definately some.

On 10/13/2021 at 8:43 AM, Pedilego said:

The comp I'm keeping an eye on is sixth-scale figures:

Reveal hidden contents

• Hot Toys & Sideshow produce high-end figures ($200+).
  • Star Wars doesn't sell well in their home market (Hong Kong + China).
  • As a result, they're risk adverse when it comes to Star Wars - just like TLG.

• Earlier in the decade, Sideshow (notoriously lesser quality than Hot Toys) created a line of Clones.
  • Sideshow P2 Fives & Echo now each fetch fetch around/over $1,000.
  • Hot Toys Dark Side Anakin had been going for nearly $1,000 (but there's a CW version on the way).
  • Hot Toys usually increase in price on the aftermarket, but ^those prices exceed most (if not all) OT figures.
  • Secondary market prices for old Clones are absurd. Theoretically, just like TLG, there are signs a market exists.
  • e.g. TLG signs include secondary market prices on minifigures & an entire cottage industry around custom clones.

• Hot Toys just started releasing Clones (e.g. Cody, 501st, Coruscant Guard, Rex) topical to Clone Wars Season 7.
  • They've released, are releasing, and/or have revealed lots of lesser Mandalorian characters:
  • That includes Paz, Armorer, Artillery Stormtrooper, IG-11, Moff Gideon - all things that TLG has produced.
  • Also: Black-Robe-Boba, Incinerator Trooper, Blurrg, Axe Woves, Koska Reeves, Kuiil, Transport Trooper, Loth Cat, Cobb Vanth.
  • Caveat: Not all of ^those are guaranteed to be produced for purchase by Hot Toys; it depends on interest & sales.
  • They're more willing to create $200+ figures of characters (based on demand) that Lego hasn't even produced yet.

• Hot Toys clearly follows the money, which is more than many of us can confidently say about TLG.
  • Question is: Do Clone sales (combined with market signs) justify Hot Toys to go 'backwards' to do more Clones?
  • If no, if they're willing to make all of ^those Mando characters but not more Clones, well, that's a bad sign.
  • If yes, I'll personally be more confident that TLG is letting fear drive their decision-making a bit too much.
  • As we know, fear leads to feelings of anger & suffering in fans. (That's [mostly] a joke.)

tl;dr

• They're risk adverse when it comes to Star Wars - just like TLG.
  • Secondary market prices for old Hot Toys Clones are absurd. Theoretically, just like TLG, there are signs a market exists.
  • Question is: Do Clone sales (combined with market signs) justify Hot Toys to go 'backwards' to do more Clones?
  • If yes, I'll personally be more confident that TLG is letting fear drive their decision-making a bit too much.

tl;dr

• They're risk adverse when it comes to Star Wars - just like TLG.
  • Secondary market prices for old Sideshow Clones are absurd. Theoretically, just like TLG, there are signs that a market exists.

Hot Toys announced a Captain Vaugh and an ARC Trooper Jesse. Relatively timely but deep cuts. Cap appears (alive) in a single episode.

Demand is there. Still hoping to (eventually) see a Rex's Y-Wing with Jesse, and some more Clones.

Anyways, the UCS AT-AT sort of blew up my display plans for Black Friday shopping. Going to have to figure out how to accommodate it. Too good to pass up.

It's crazy to think of how much purchasing it's going to drive: $800 AT-AT, $100+ in Battle Packs just to fill it up, and another $50 for the AT-ST. That's where I'm drawing the line, but...... If you want to go backwards to "complete" your Hoth display (MBS-era onwards), it's another ~$450 MBS AOH, ~$50 75138 Hoth Attack, ~$50 Medical Bay (if you don't already have them). That's $1,500! Of course, "complete" is relative. I mean, is "just" 1 AT-AT enough for a "complete" Hoth display?

2 hours ago, Pedilego said:

t's crazy to think of how much purchasing it's going to drive: $800 AT-AT, $100+ in Battle Packs just to fill it up, and another $50 for the AT-ST. That's where I'm drawing the line, but...... If you want to go backwards to "complete" your Hoth display (MBS-era onwards), it's another ~$450 MBS AOH, ~$50 75138 Hoth Attack, ~$50 Medical Bay (if you don't already have them). That's $1,500! Of course, "complete" is relative. I mean, is "just" 1 AT-AT enough for a "complete" Hoth display?

I guess many would want to acquire one or more snowspeeders too, the most recent would probably set you back$75 at the least

Nice. 
God, I've got to have that AT-AT. It's so expensive but I'm definately going to try for it, I've got some bigger sets listed on bricklink and if they sell soon I'll get it.

All the best with selling your stuff! I did something similar over the year and sold off a bunch of opened and sealed sets to provide my Lego budget for the year, it’s become self sustaining :laugh:

I’m in the same boat that this AT-AT is the first truly massive UCS set that I simply have to buy, and it’s precisely because it’s minifigure-scaled. The ISD is cool but didn’t interest me, and the System scaled Falcon is enough for my taste, but this AT-AT is just something else! 

Does anyone have any idea what the U.K. price will entail? I know the American pride is supposedly $800 USD, so I’m suspecting the GBP price will remain at £650 in line with the Falcon and ISD. Luckily have an array of VIP points and gift cards to make a dent on the price.

This would be the perfect time for Lego to release another Snowspeeder, but there’s nothing on the horizon? It’d be the perfect complement to the UCS AT-AT, Hoth AT-ST, and Snowtrooper Battle Pack. The Snowspeeder is in serious need of a revamped design, and it’s hilarious to think the last time Lego was able to have both an AT-AT and Snowspeeder on shelves was 2014!

32 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

This would be the perfect time for Lego to release another Snowspeeder, but there’s nothing on the horizon? It’d be the perfect complement to the UCS AT-AT, Hoth AT-ST, and Snowtrooper Battle Pack. The Snowspeeder is in serious need of a revamped design, and it’s hilarious to think the last time Lego was able to have both an AT-AT and Snowspeeder on shelves was 2014!

I'm hoping for a more accurate snowspeeder too. They have always been oversized, and with the wrong cockpit. They've stuck with the same basic design for the better part of a decade now. The minifig scale at-at is the perfect opportunity to have a minifig scale Snowspeeder.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ah, I didn't remember the tournament one. I think the pirate one isn't all unique though? At the very least that zane was from the robot wave, right?

Similar but not the same, comparison in spoiler.

Spoiler

njo228.pngnjo085.png

I'd be more than welcoming of a snowspeeder if they finally gave it a new canopy

5 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

All the best with selling your stuff! I did something similar over the year and sold off a bunch of opened and sealed sets to provide my Lego budget for the year, it’s become self sustaining :laugh:

I’m in the same boat that this AT-AT is the first truly massive UCS set that I simply have to buy, and it’s precisely because it’s minifigure-scaled. The ISD is cool but didn’t interest me, and the System scaled Falcon is enough for my taste, but this AT-AT is just something else! 

Legos are currently a net financial gain for me, as I buy bulk lots on ebay and then sell the sets that can be made from them. It's close though, given the new sets I buy, and $800 would take me far enough across that line that I don't want to do it unless some big items sell.

I have the exact same opinion regarding the AT-AT. The minifigure-scaling is what is really driving me to get it. If I do, I'm definately making some hoth terrain around it for display.

49 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Similar but not the same, comparison in spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

njo228.pngnjo085.png

Ah, good to know.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear that Luke is in the Dark Trooper battle pack. Like with the Jedi and Clone Troopers battle pack a few years ago, it seems like LEGO's kinda defeating the purpose of a battle pack by including face characters, especially since RotJ Luke is a less interesting figure than Barriss or Ki-Adi-Mundi, even if this Mando version is updated somehow from the last RotJ one. It would be a much better set if the fourth figure was a stormtrooper or Imperial officer (this would've been a great set for the incinerator stormtrooper, for example). The other sets all sound pretty good, though. With the exception of Boba's Palace the price per piece ratios are all great, and that one may be saved if it has a decent minifig selection.

10 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I'm a bit disappointed to hear that Luke is in the Dark Trooper battle pack. Like with the Jedi and Clone Troopers battle pack a few years ago, it seems like LEGO's kinda defeating the purpose of a battle pack by including face characters, especially since RotJ Luke is a less interesting figure than Barriss or Ki-Adi-Mundi, even if this Mando version is updated somehow from the last RotJ one. It would be a much better set if the fourth figure was a stormtrooper or Imperial officer (this would've been a great set for the incinerator stormtrooper, for example). The other sets all sound pretty good, though. With the exception of Boba's Palace the price per piece ratios are all great, and that one may be saved if it has a decent minifig selection.

I think the battle pack description is misleading. I'd be surprised if it is called that given the price and the contents, I think it's more in line with the Trexler Marauder set from this summer (three troops and a main character). I do wonder if they'll change Luke's figure at all, I assume they would give him a hood.

13 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Ehm it is not a battle pack. It's lterally a $30 set depicting a scene from the show that you are comparing to an actual battlepack. It is as much of a battle pack as this years tie fighter and imperial marauder. Can you buy multiple and form an army or a navy? Yes. Are those battle packs? No. 

On your topic of defeating the purpose of battle packs, when you bought Ki-Adi-Mundi battlepack you got 2 clones for $15, which is 4 of the same clones for $30. Even though that battle pack sucks in theory and leaves you with ton of unwanted same figures of named character it is still superior in army building value to any of the $30 and $40 sets that we have or will have from AAT, Marauder, Tie Fighter, 501st set to the Dark Trooper set. You can literally throw everything other than 2 clones in the garbage and you will still have better army building value than from buying or mass buying any of those $30 and $40 sets. That's what defeats the purpose of battle packs, not releasing battle packs in 2021 and instead throwing army building figures in $30 and $40 sets. I would be perfectly happy with batte pack that has Ki-Adi-Mundi and Barriss with 2 x 332nd for $15 than being forced to buy 9 AATs for $360 to form a squad. Give me Ki-Adi-Mundi and Barriss with 2 x 501st troopers for $15 too instead of having to pay $30 for 501st set to get 3 of the same clone figures i want.