MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

32 minutes ago, HothFan1987 said:

Interior pics out now. Not won over by the interior, but the whole thing looks impressive on the outside.

Theres just no pleasing some of you, im literally comparing it to the cross section picture and its damn near identical for a lego representation 

Definitely adding this to the wishlist, though the price point is ridiculous and I'm still waiting to pull my finger for the falcon.

Edited by SCREDEYE

The AT-AT looks very nice, the interior is spectacular and I like the inclusion of the speeder bikes which are seemingly the same as the playset AT AT (is this a thing now: the BARCs appearing twice and now the speeder bikes making another appearance).

While the interior is nice and the addition of a snowtrooper commander is welcome, as well as a Veers with dual-moulded boots, I find the exterior impressive though a bit underwhelming. The leg sections at least have some detail on the inside, but all the studs on the body take away from the sets aesthetics, in that it seems no more advanced than the playset. Considering the monumental price difference and only one new figure (and one update), and only two extra snowtroopers I wonder whether this set would be worth it.

Just now, SCREDEYE said:

Theres just no pleasing some of you, im literally comparing it to the cross section picture and its very well represented.

Yeah for sure, I’m genuinely impressed by that interior, to the point it almost feels fake if you know what I mean

The legs seem to have some function to pose them too. If it’s actually stable, thats a HUGE step up from most mocs. I’m extremely impressed honestly

6 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

The legs seem to have some function to pose them too. If it’s actually stable, thats a HUGE step up from most mocs. I’m extremely impressed honestly

I noticed some sort of a tool behind the UCS plaque that seems to help with adjusting the legs, looks like some sort of mechanism is used to keep legs sturdy and you can only move them with that tool it seems

Edited by Alpha Draconis
spelling

6 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Theres just no pleasing some of you, im literally comparing it to the cross section picture and its damn near identical for a lego representation 

Definitely adding this to the wishlist, though the price point is ridiculous and I'm still waiting to pull my finger for the falcon.

“The whole thing looks impressive”

”there’s just no pleasing some of you”

I’m very pleased with it. You do you though.  

Now THAT'S an AT-AT! Wow, what an amazing looking set. I wonder if the extra snowtroopers are included because Lego listened to the fans after the Gunship.

That is amazing.  I gotta get me one of those ... by which I mean I need to find the money for 75288, which is really great too ... there's no way I'm going to afford the UCS version but I gotta get me the System version before it retires!

1 minute ago, HothFan1987 said:

“not won over by the interior"

I’m very pleased with it. You do you though.  

Thought I'd remind you of what you said a whoping 10 minutes ago.

8 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

I noticed some sort of a tool behind the UCS plaque that seems to help with adjusting the legs, looks like some sort of mechanism is used to keep legs sturdy and you can only move them with that tool it seems

Great observation! We'll see it next week with the HD pics for sure but id like to see how this works. The 2500 pieces ATAT by raskalinov puts those tevhnic ratchet joints at their limit. You can tell a heavier load would make the set crumble so id love to see how the designers tackled a minifig scaled set at 2.5× the mass

1 minute ago, SCREDEYE said:

Thought I'd remind you of what you said a whoping 10 minutes ago.

I’m not won over by it. I also said the whole thing looked very impressive, but you’ve chosen to ignore that part so you can have a dig at me for some reason. 

Could someone advise me how you block people on here please so you don’t see their comments? No time for trolls who don’t like other people’s opinions. Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I wonder if the extra snowtroopers are included because Lego listened to the fans after the Gunship.

Doubt it. The two minifigures in the Gunship were perfectly in keeping with the amount included in other non-Minifigure-scale UCS sets.

The Minifigure-Scale UCS sets have always had a variable amount of minifigures, to suit the ship/scene. They've gone with a full interior here, so they've opted to include a bunch of snowies for it - and then we consumers can supplement them with the Snowtrooper set coming out.

3 minutes ago, HothFan1987 said:

Could someone advise me how you block people on here please so you don’t see their comments? No time for trolls who don’t like other people’s opinions. Thank you. 

Just be mature and ignore people you want to ignore. That said, I don't see why this has escalated. You said you're impressed by it but not won over by the interior, while Scredeye countered that the interior perfectly matches the official cross section in his opinion. What's wrong with that?

3 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Just be mature and ignore people you want to ignore. That said, I don't see why this has escalated. You said you're impressed by it but not won over by the interior, while Scredeye countered that the interior perfectly matches the official cross section in his opinion. What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with just saying they think the interior looks good as a comment in its own right. If people are big fans of it then great for them.   Everyone has their own opinions. You can have an opinion without needing to quote me to have a go at me for no reason whilst disregarding half of what I’ve said though. I’m very pleased with it so to make out “there’s no pleasing some of you” is disingenuous, and then to double down on it after I pointed out I am  pleased with it is just needless. 

29 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

is this a thing now: the BARCs appearing twice and now the speeder bikes making another appearance

Reusing speeder bike builds has been a thing since the very early days of the theme, nothing new. Just hasn’t happened in a while. If the design works there’s no need to change it. 

The more I look at this thing, the more I love it

It’s like the dream AT-AT set we’ve all had in our heads but thought would never happen, except it’s actually REAL. Crazy. 

8 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Bruh the only new figure is general veers because he has dual moulded legs :(

What did you expect? It was obvious from day 1 that this one wouldn‘t include anything exciting in terms of minifigs :tongue: 

9 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

I don't really know what else they could have done though. There isn't anyone else in the scene....

And even then veers wasn't in that at-at, so it's anachronistic.

Also. Its a new luke unless I'm mistaken 

Head over heels for this set. It's simply stunning. What I really like without even seeing high-res pictures:

1. A full, highly-accurate interior

2. Posable legs

3. Dual-molded legs for General Veers

4. Nearly all pieces devoted to the actual AT-AT, without any huge side-builds, etc.

5. Speeder bikes included

You can even move the neck and the large laser turrets on the front. I'll probably like it even more once official pics come out. This may be the greatest Star Wars set of all time, minus the high price. 

25 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Technically we got the one thing I was hoping for, the Commander is new in the new style for the Snowtroopers. It is disappointing that the snowies appear to lack backpacks again, The Commander doesn't need one but the other 4 should, luckily its nothing I cn't kit bash with the old snowtroopers.

Also you can see in one of the small photos on the back of box pic that the underside is very well detailed, that and the legs interiors are usually the least pretty of the play scale models. Also Luke is wearing what used to represent only the X-Wing jumpsuits but what was I expecting, coldweather jumpsuits are gone since 2018. Veers seems to have a DBG Helmet instead of Sand Blue.

Edited by Archer

45 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

The more I look at this thing, the more I love it

It’s like the dream AT-AT set we’ve all had in our heads but thought would never happen, except it’s actually REAL. Crazy. 

Exactly

25 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

After the whole gunship debacle, I would hope Lego doesn't try jamming in exclusive/new figures. 

28 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

The Snowtrooper Commander is also new, though hopefully not exclusive! Since the print exists now, I can see the Battle Pack being: Snowtrooper (2x), Snowtrooper Commander (1x), Snow Scout (1x) (which also fits the 2/1/1 format of prior BPs). 

1 hour ago, HothFan1987 said:

.....Could someone advise me how you block people on here please so you don’t see their comments? No time for trolls who don’t like other people’s opinions. Thank you. 

I have not seen what I would consider any trolls in this thread but it is easy enough: hover cursor over user name and click on ignore user.

That looks insane. I’m really impressed at the amount of detail that’s been put into the interior. Looks like there’s also a lot of articulation as well. 

Wow, this looks absolutely incredible. Love everything about it. Fantastic build, the interior is so big, and it's so smooth and finished to the last touch.

34 minutes ago, Archer said:

It is disappointing that the snowies appear to lack backpacks again, The Commander doesn't need one but the other 4 should, luckily its nothing I cn't kit bash with the old snowtroopers.

In this case at least there’s a specific reason for it: if they had backpacks they couldn’t sit in the seats in the interior.