MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Looks good :thumbup: So the rumoured "Hammerhead" character turns out to be an Ithorian after all. Sometimes you have to take things literally then :laugh:

Judging by the trailer, we could see B'omarr monks, Twi'leks, Ithorians, Klatooinians, Gamorreans, Aqualish and/or Trandoshans in the palace set, plus Boba and Fennec of course :classic: We've had all of these species before, but at least they're new characters, so I'm excited nonetheless :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I know trailers are often misleading, but it does appear that Boba will be retaining his same armor for a sizable portion of this if not the entire season. I say this because many were speculating that this years Boba may be a one off. That being said it gives TLG a chance to make the helmet color better (if they have any inclination to do so)

5 hours ago, Archer said:

I know trailers are often misleading, but it does appear that Boba will be retaining his same armor for a sizable portion of this if not the entire season. I say this because many were speculating that this years Boba may be a one off. That being said it gives TLG a chance to make the helmet color better (if they have any inclination to do so)

I'm guessing this is a mando s2 situation where almost all footage is from the first couple episodes, but at the very least this is the suit they'll be marketing most.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks good :thumbup: So the rumoured "Hammerhead" character turns out to be an Ithorian after all. Sometimes you have to take things literally then :laugh:

Wait, were people saying it was a fake out? Why would they try to hide the species of a new character?

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, were people saying it was a fake out? Why would they try to hide the species of a new character?

The rumour originated from an extra that was on set who referred to the character as "Hammerhead". Some people (correctly) guessed that this was meant to be taken literally, while others thought it was a misdirect :laugh: I think the whole Plo Koon thing made some people a bit paranoid :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The rumour originated from an extra that was on set who referred to the character as "Hammerhead". Some people (correctly) guessed that this was meant to be taken literally, while others thought it was a misdirect :laugh: I think the whole Plo Koon thing made some people a bit paranoid :laugh_hard:

The fact that Plo never leaked is one of my favorite things about SW. They put all that effort into the fake out and then everyone BUT plo leaked.

BoBf seems to have the same mando s2 issue where everyone leaked. 

Spoiler

bossk, denger, IG-88, cad bane, greef karga, mando, cara, rancor, ithorian, krsstan kryssstyan  kyrsstaan  the wookie with black fur, etc.

5 Snowtroopers rumoured for the UCS AT-AT (Via Instagram- reliable sources). 

The UCS Gunship - 1 Clone Trooper. 

I prefer not to speak. If I speak I’m in big trouble. 

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

One is minifig-scale. The other is not. 

Seems pretty clear to me.

Counterpoint: The Gunship got two exclusive minifigs, while the AT-AT will most likely include 9 repeats that are easily available elsewhere :tongue: I‘ll take a low amount of new minifigs over a larger amount of repeats any day

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Wow, this is fantastic news. I have a feeling the high amount of snow-troopers points to an interior? Honestly not sure why they'd include so many if they were only for display. This is exciting news!

4 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Do we know when we'll probably see pics of this set at this point? 

The rumor is a reveal date of Nov. 9th, so I'd guess a day or so before we can expect to see some leaked pictures.

2 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Wow, this is fantastic news. I have a feeling the high amount of snow-troopers points to an interior? Honestly not sure why they'd include so many if they were only for display. This is exciting news!

The other possibility is that the legs are in some fixed position for stability, perhaps with some small snow base for the troopers to stand on. 

7 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The other possibility is that the legs are in some fixed position for stability, perhaps with some small snow base for the troopers to stand on. 

True, that would look pretty cool. Maybe you will be able to set up some sort of scene with the troopers. I'm wondering if the inclusion of Luke means a side build for a snowspeeder.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders
Spelling

7 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

True, that would look pretty cool. Maybe you will be able to set up some sort of scene with the troopers. I'm wondering if the inclusion of Luke means a side build for a snowspeeder.

I wouldn't be opposed to a small scene for the troopers, yeah. I could honestly see them having larger bases for the feet for stability (a snowy surrounding for each foot), so maybe they could have a probe droid, an E-WEB, or Luke's crashed snowspeeder as parts of those if they decided to do that. 

Honestly, I would not be surprised to see a Snowspeeder set sometime next year to coincide with this set. I doubt they would allocate ~400 pieces to a full speeder for this set.

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

3 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a small scene for the troopers, yeah. I could honestly see them having larger bases for the feet for stability (a snowy surrounding for each foot), so maybe they could have a probe droid, an E-WEB, or Luke's crashed snowspeeder as parts of those if they decided to do that. 

Lukes crashed snowspeeder is the only snowspeeder I can imagine they'd include, as dack isn't mentioned in the figs list, and he's a must for a snowspeeder. 

But even then, I doubt they'd include it, but happy to be wrong.

5 Snow Troopers is very generous for Lego to include, even in an 800$ set with a BP of them coming out soon after. 

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

You should have ended it with ‘I have spoken’. 

24 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

it leaked

I just saw, it looks sick, although sadly we don't see the whole thing or the minifigures.

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Yeah, it'd be almost like comparing the gunship to mos eisley.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Counterpoint: The Gunship got two exclusive minifigs, while the AT-AT will most likely include 9 repeats that are easily available elsewhere :tongue: I‘ll take a low amount of new minifigs over a larger amount of repeats any day

I'm guessing luke and or the AT-AT pilots will have arm printing, but the overall point still stands I think. Plus, it's a minifig scale set, unlike the gunship.

I actually really like that interior, like, REALLY like it.

The sets way better than I was expecting, I kinda wish it had less studs showing personally, but judging from what we see, that seems like a pretty easy fix. I also feel like it’s a little small for $800, but otherwise I’m a huge fan. Probably gonna have to sell a couple things...