MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This is all very fascinating discussion. But I question whether it belongs in the Star Wars topic...

2 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

So are the UCS AT-AT and/or Death Star happening or were those rumours just false

Good question.

Sources still seem to indicate the UCS AT-AT is coming in November, and that an announcement should be soon.  That said, we have no official confirmation that I have seen.

Cheers :)

1 minute ago, Omand said:

Good question.

Sources still seem to indicate the UCS AT-AT is coming in November, and that an announcement should be soon.  That said, we have no official confirmation that I have seen.

Cheers :)

Oh I see, the AT AT is probably just being unveiled / released later than usual. 

4 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

So are the UCS AT-AT and/or Death Star happening or were those rumours just false

75313 UCS AT-AT is coming November 26th with 6782 pcs for 800€.

Don't expect any leaks or official reveal until next month.

On 10/16/2021 at 6:24 AM, MKJoshA said:

This is all very fascinating discussion. But I question whether it belongs in the Star Wars topic...

The whole brigade was out in force

Any guess on what 75323 might be? It was theorized that it could be a Republic Fighter Tank but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

I think this is the only unknown set left in the wave. 

4 hours ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Any guess on what 75323 might be? It was theorized that it could be a Republic Fighter Tank but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

I think this is the only unknown set left in the wave.

I'd bet that it's not the tank rumor, which doesn't have much merit, and is more likely one of the three rumored SW sets w/out set numbers: Ahsoka Brickheadz, Accessory Pack(s), and Death Star Trash Compactor set.

10 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I'd bet that it's not the tank rumor, which doesn't have much merit, and is more likely one of the three rumored SW sets w/out set numbers: Ahsoka Brickheadz, Accessory Pack(s), and Death Star Trash Compactor set.

Brickheadz and accessory packs don't have regular set numbers though :tongue:

39 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Brickheadz and accessory packs don't have regular set numbers though :tongue:

I didn't know that my bad, I've never actually bought an accessory pack and only have Mandalorian brickheadz so I'm not as knowledgeable. However, this might be a good thing cause that means the republic tanker might have more merit as part of the 1st half-year wave since Death Star Trash Compactor will release after the dioramas.

14 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

[…] since Death Star Trash Compactor will release after the dioramas.

Grouping this set with the other dioramas is definitely plausible, but the numbering system doesn’t always make sense :laugh: Sometimes there’s an oddball set sandwiched between others that has no business being there, numbering-wise.

And you’re right, the republic tank still has a chance with that particular set number currently being unoccupied. Not betting on it, but not ruling it out either :classic: The number might also belong to a cancelled set, seems to happen rather often lately

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And you’re right, the republic tank still has a chance with that particular set number currently being unoccupied. Not betting on it, but not ruling it out either :classic: The number might also belong to a cancelled set, seems to happen rather often lately

Yeah, that's become a common occurrence, I remember when Mandr, Falcon, and Fulcrum broke the setlists for this year they both mentioned 75369 which still hasn't been used and seems to have been canceled. 

Thanks for the news! 🙂

The Hoth AT-ST sounds promising.

And the Hoth BP could be a nice set, too, but only if hopefully one of the three Snowtroopers was an officer.

On 10/17/2021 at 7:56 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75313 UCS AT-AT is coming November 26th with 6782 pcs for 800€.

Don't expect any leaks or official reveal until next month.

I am so thirsty for more info and pics on this. Black Friday cannot come soon enough

I think the dream is dead at this point, given how out of place it would be and the fact we haven't heard anything from the more credible leakers. 

4 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

So MandR posted a republic fighter tank review...if the previous theory still holds, then...?

Hmmm, it does seem plausible, but other leak-reviews come well before the other direct leaks. A fighter tank could be possible, perhaps one of the unused set numbers, or another altogether, but I would say that the original figure selection is highly unlikely in any case.

6 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

So MandR posted a republic fighter tank review...if the previous theory still holds, then...?

If he's already gotten through all of the leaks, it stands to reason that the next best set to review is a rumored set. This one's a non-story. (That's coming from somebody who did think the pattern meant something before.) Doesn't mean the Tank won't happen; just that this doesn't tell us anything.

6 hours ago, Gontron said:

I think the dream is dead at this point, given how out of place it would be and the fact we haven't heard anything from the more credible leakers. 

To be fair, greekbricks( a person who rumored republic tank) was right about future creator expert set (Hotel),he mentioned it 3 weeks ago,while Falconfan did that just now. 

Looks like a Rancor is going to be included in Boba’s Palace after all :excited: …however, it’s allegedly going to be brick-built :hmpf:

Come on, what’s wrong with moulded creatures all of a sudden, first the Hungarian Horntail, then Fluffy, and now this :sad: There’s no chance in hell it’s going to look as good as the 2013 one, if true.

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks like a Rancor is going to be included in Boba’s Palace after all :excited: …however, it’s allegedly going to be brick-built :hmpf:

Come on, what’s wrong with moulded creatures all of a sudden, first the Hungarian Horntail, then Fluffy, and now this :sad: There’s no chance in hell it’s going to look as good as the 2013 one, if true.

Depends how much effort they put into it, I don’t like how 18+ sets like the cantina included a moulded drawback when the micro fighter version was already quite good and would have been excellent with a bit of extra effort a larger set could enable, some brick built animals can be very good, and I assume it will (hopefully) have a moulded head or jaw piece. It could be terrible though especially if the joints aren’t done overly well.

I have yet to see a brick-built creature than can even remotely compete with the likes of Smaug, the Wampa, TLBM Killer Croc, and the Rancor :tongue: For at least 90% of creatures, unique moulds are the way to go, in my opinion. I don’t want a cubist nightmare Rancor :laugh_hard: Good name for a band though

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I have yet to see a brick-built creature than can even remotely compete with the likes of Smaug, the Wampa, TLBM Killer Croc, and the Rancor :tongue: For at least 90% of creatures, unique moulds are the way to go, in my opinion. I don’t want a cubist nightmare Rancor :laugh_hard: Good name for a band though

How can you say that when 10071 and 40133 exist though?