MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

You guys keep comparing apples to oranges, and trying to draw conclusions based on these faulty comparisons. Hottoys, Sideshow, and yes even Hasbro Black Series cater to a much older, more affluent audience... kids barely factor into their equation. As has been stated and restated a million times before, LEGO's target market is primarily kids (and parents of kids), with AFOLs a distant (but admittedly growing) second place. What appeals to one audience does not necessarily appeal to the other. 

The fact that Hasbro or Sideshow or whomever sells out of its Clone action figures does not mean that LEGO will do the same with its Clone minifigs. I see ample stock of two recent LEGO sets which collectively feature three different (all-new, unique) Clone designs at every Target, every online store, and every LEGO store I visit. In fact, both have been pretty consistently marked down 20% for the last 9 months... an indicator that retailers are trying to clear out stock of these sets. This doesn't mean they're somehow a failure (all sets get marked down eventually), but it certainly throws cold water on the "if only LEGO would release Clone sets, they would sell out just like Hasbro's Clones do" argument some of you seem to believe.

Star wars mission fleet are literally play sets with shooting projectiles and are  for ages 4+.

Guess what, the tie fighter and other OT sets from january 2021 have also been on sale at 20% the last months. So based on your logic OT sets sell badly and that retailers are trying to clear stock of these sets.

The 20% is a standard discount used by retailers for most Lego products beyond the original release date

Edited by Bobbtom

5 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

Star wars mission fleet are literally play sets with shooting projectiles and are  for ages 4+.

Last I checked these were not Hasbro Black Series products, which is what I and others here were referring to: "Hottoys, Sideshow, and yes even Hasbro Black Series cater to a much older, more affluent audience..."

5 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

Guess what, the tie fighter and other OT sets from january 2021 have also been on sale at 20% the last months. So based on your logic OT sets sell badly and that retailers are trying to clear stock of these sets.

Never said they were "selling badly". In fact I went out of my way to say that discounts did NOT mean they were selling poorly, just that there was enough stock in retailers' inventory to justify discounting them.

9 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

The 20% is a standard discount used by retailers for Lego products beyond the original release date

Yes, this is why I said "all sets get marked down eventually". It typically happens 5-6 months after release, except for the $100+ sets which can take a year or longer.

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I see ample stock of two recent LEGO sets which collectively feature three different (all-new, unique) Clone designs at every Target, every online store, and every LEGO store I visit. In fact, both have been pretty consistently marked down 20% for the last 9 months... an indicator that retailers are trying to clear out stock of these sets. This doesn't mean they're somehow a failure (all sets get marked down eventually), but it certainly throws cold water on the "if only LEGO would release Clone sets, they would sell out just like Hasbro's Clones do" argument some of you seem to believe.

Funny, I don’t see ample stock of those sets you’re referring to. In fact, there hasn’t been ample stock of those sets at all and they’re already fetching ridiculous resale prices despite not even being retired yet. If you want those sets where I live you’ve gotta pay a 50% markup from resellers. So yeah, I’m going to continue believing that lego clone stuff sells out because that’s exactly what I’m seeing with lego clone stuff. 

16 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I would say the popularity of CW sets after years of their releases say enough about show sets selling and should negate the over-cautious nature of Lego release.

1. X-Wings for $40 cheaper are all fine and dandy but that doesn't mean they're new they're just smaller and cheaper. It's not some huge revelation to sell a different variation on the same ship. 

2. I mentioned a clone helmet mold cause that's one of the bare minimum things that should have been done forever ago. Also just cause we get a couple new of molds for new characters doesn't mean we shouldn't have a better mold for older iconic characters. No need to be such a big corporate defender I promise you Lego can afford it. 

3. The dual starfighter set is incredibly popular on the aftermarket and would be refreshing in comparison to what we have now which is an OT remake every 3-4 years. 

4. Just cause you to mention other ships that have been made doesn't mean a lucrehulk wouldn't be new. In fact, it's precisely because they made that god-awful Dorito Tie and the Galaxy's edge transport that there should be a new separatist capital ship. If useless crap like that can be made into a Lego set why can't Lego make a new Separatist cruiser or lucrehulk. 

Point is that it's objectively true that TLG doesn't want to try new things with SW that doesn't revolve exclusively around the OT (except for one mando helmet, so sorry for forgetting that). 

Also, I think it's important to mention that you didn't have a response regarding the CMF series because you know just as well as I do that something like that is long overdue for LSW.

1. It's a new type of set. I don't know why you're doing these semantics games, but yes, it's a new thing for lego to make popular sets at 1/2 the price.

2-4. So your problem isn't that they "aren't doing anything new" like you keep saying, it's that the new things aren't ones that you want. Also, I've made comments before that are just lists of things I dislike that lego has done. This particular issue is not one of them.

See, now you've changed it from lego isn't doing anything new to "lego isn't doing any new non-ot things". Which is sort of true? Lego tests new things with their better-selling OT sets, while continuing to pump out sets based on newer media in the summer waves, such as the august 2021 wave consisting almost entirely of clone wars and mando. 

I didn't respond regarding the CMF because it would be something new that they haven't done yet. I'm not sure why you think I don't want one.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not really a fan of these fragmented waves, to be honest. Maybe there are logistic reasons behind it, in which case it’s weird that neither of the last two 2HY waves seem to have been affected in the same way :shrug_oh_well:

First it was covid impact, now this year it's the massive global supply issues.

13 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Funny, I don’t see ample stock of those sets you’re referring to. In fact, there hasn’t been ample stock of those sets at all and they’re already fetching ridiculous resale prices despite not even being retired yet. If you want those sets where I live you’ve gotta pay a 50% markup from resellers. So yeah, I’m going to continue believing that lego clone stuff sells out because that’s exactly what I’m seeing with lego clone stuff. 

As I think every EB member from Australia has and will attest to, LEGO's distribution in Australia is pretty uneven. I can only speak to my experience in the US, where the PT sets are as readily available as the OT sets. Certainly, the battlepack-type army-builder sets sell through their initial shipments each year, but then reappear a month or two later in greater quantities. Happened with the Praetorian BP, Mando BP, Sith Trooper BP, and most recently the 501st uber-BP. 

And, just to clarify: I'm not saying Clone or PT sets don't sell, or that LEGO shouldn't make more of them. Just that, anyone using Hasbro as a template for what LEGO should do has probably not spent a lot of time collecting Hasbro's products. Because, starting out as a Hasbro collector who only later made the jump to LEGO, I can tell you that the problems we face as LEGO collectors pale in comparison to what you deal with trying to keep up with Hasbro. 

Edited by jdubbs

56 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The fact that Hasbro or Sideshow or whomever sells out of its Clone action figures does not mean that LEGO will do the same with its Clone minifigs. I see ample stock of two recent LEGO sets which collectively feature three different (all-new, unique) Clone designs at every Target, every online store, and every LEGO store I visit. In fact, both have been pretty consistently marked down 20% for the last 9 months... an indicator that retailers are trying to clear out stock of these sets. This doesn't mean they're somehow a failure (all sets get marked down eventually), but it certainly throws cold water on the "if only LEGO would release Clone sets, they would sell out just like Hasbro's Clones do" argument some of you seem to believe.

As you mentioned, not every set needs to be OOS throughout it's life cycle to be considered a success.

Maybe I'm giving too much credit, but I think most people saying that (not all of us are) are being hyperbolic to emphasize the sets would successful. I also don't think people forgot TLG's primary audience is kids - since it "has been stated and restated a million times before".

I only point ^these things out to say if something is as obvious as you think, you may not actually be addressing the point.

You guys keep comparing apples to oranges, and trying to draw conclusions based on these faulty comparisons. Hottoys, Sideshow, and yes even Hasbro Black Series cater to a much older, more affluent audience... kids barely factor into their equation.

Of course there are differences, and it's good to point them out to keep the conversation nuanced - but differences don't simply negate them like a Mirror Force. Yes, Hot Toys targets adults. (Affluent ones that spend money on collectibles, as you mention...) However, the Clone market tends to be younger adults e.g. ones with kids. It's my children that brought upon my own Star Wars renaissance.

As has been stated and restated a million times before, LEGO's target market is primarily kids (and parents of kids), with AFOLs a distant (but admittedly growing) second place. What appeals to one audience does not necessarily appeal to the other.

Yes, that's true, however, I think we need to put "second place" into perspective:

Lego is the largest toy company in the world @ $7.21B/year:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/241241/revenue-of-major-toy-companies-worldwide/

Per Lego, "20% of our sales now are going to adults who buy for themselves."

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-exclusive-afols-taught-us-to-take-adults-seriously/

20% of $7B is $1.4B - good for 5th largest toy company in the world.

3 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Of course there are differences, and it's good to point them out to keep the conversation nuanced - but differences don't simply negate them like a Mirror Force. Yes, Hot Toys targets adults. (Affluent ones that spend money on collectibles, as you mention...)

The differences between LEGO and Hasbro BS are more than just target market. I didn't restate all of them because others have already done so, and this horse can only be beaten so much. But as others have said, Hasbro can issue every Clone variant in the rainbow with virtually no additional investment, because their business model is centered on recycling the same products (digital sculpts, molds, tooling, etc.) over and over with minor upgrades to paint deco, packaging, pack-ins, etc. Since they don't own their own factories or keep product in circulation for any length of time, the risk if any one action figure doesn't sell is minimized given another will take its place in the production line a month later. LEGO is in a very different boat, and steers that boat accordingly.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

The differences between LEGO and Hasbro BS are more than just target market. I didn't restate all of them because others have already done so, and this horse can only be beaten so much. But as others have said,

First: Thank you for the more detailed explanation.

Second: Hot Toys doesn't operate the same way:

There has to be sufficient demand in order to them to create a product, especially names ones because they're required to pay for likeness and because their head sculpts are each hand-painted. This'd apply to named Clones like Fives, Echo, Jesse, Gree.

Even on the helmeted figures (e.g. Coruscant Guard vs. 501st), there are minor differences, showing they're actively evolving and responding to feedback about what works vs. what doesn't work; it's not simply the same product re-packaged.

Their products aren't on shelves for years but they're available for purchase (via pre-order) for 1-2 years. Based on demand, additional figures are produced and tend to be actively in-stock for a few months. They're trying to sell as many as possible, not create artificial scarcity.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

LEGO is in a very different boat, and steers that boat accordingly.

Third (and this didn't even cross my mind until your post): Do they have to be, though? I'm sincerely asking; hear me out:

• TLG could recycle "the same product (digital sculpts, molds, tooling, etc.) over + over w/ minor upgrades to paint deco, packaging, pack-ins, etc."
  • This could be done via minifigure packs of various 'lesser legions' (saving popular ones 501st, 212th, and [apparently] Kashyyk for sets).
  • Build could be the same across releases - just an AT-RT color-coded to the legion.
  • As a result, they're keeping costs low, effectively just re-packaging the same Clone molds + builds.
1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Since they don't own their own factories or keep product in circulation for any length of time, the risk if any one action figure doesn't sell is minimized given another will take its place in the production line a month later.

• TLG isn't above sets w/ short shelf-lives e.g. seasonal sets, promos.
  • Specifically, minifigure pack 40454 'Spider-Man Versus Venom and Iron Venom" had a shelf life of only a few months.
  • As a result, TLG risk is low because production lasts no longer than demand does.
  • Also note, TLG appears to be nimble, creating additional waves of limited products (e.g. promos) to meet demand - unlike Hasbro.

This wouldn't be like a CMF, where TLG would rather insert those minifigures in sets to drive sales. There aren't enough PT set slots for all of the different clone legions. Additional product meets additional demand.

Edited by Pedilego

All this discussion makes me wonder why Lego is introducing Minifigure Accessory Packs next year of all years. Given the price increase associated with the Hoth Imperial Trooper BP and Dark Trooper Not-a-BP, perhaps it’s because they want to introduce an easier way to mass build certain types of characters and factions whilst delegating the traditional BP slots for sure-sellers like the two above? 

Of course, these could just be cheap ways to acquire the most popular characters like Luke, C-3P0, and so on, but why go for that when such characters are already available within modestly priced sets? Contrast that to factions like different Clone Legions, Stormtroopers (both Imperial and First Order), and more, where the varieties are endless and would just clog up BP slots.

On the topic of clone characters, it’s absurd to think that a single new helmet mould (and potentially another accessory bag like what we get with Mandalorians and P1 Clones) would be enough for Lego to make any major Clone character like Rex or Cody without breaking their budget. All they’d require are new prints after that. 

Also agree with those of you unhappy with the staggered release of the 1HY sets. It’s a shame the more interesting sets like Boba’s Palace and the dioramas are still quite far off.

6 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

All this discussion makes me wonder why Lego is introducing Minifigure Accessory Packs next year of all years. Given the price increase associated with the Hoth Imperial Trooper BP and Dark Trooper Not-a-BP, perhaps it’s because they want to introduce an easier way to mass build certain types of characters and factions whilst delegating the traditional BP slots for sure-sellers like the two above? 

On the topic of clone characters, it’s absurd to think that a single new helmet mould (and potentially another accessory bag like what we get with Mandalorians and P1 Clones) would be enough for Lego to make any major Clone character like Rex or Cody without breaking their budget. All they’d require are new prints after that. 

Most likely because they found a way to charge $15 for a battlepack with even less pieces than traditional battle packs. The MF packs  have been steadily increasing in prices and just recently found it's way to $15, the old battlepack price. Combined with the fact that they found out they can sell "premium" battle-pack-like sets for $30, I will not be surprised if this is the new pricing structure for battle-pack type sets. $15 for 3 or 4 figures with an even more measly build (MF packs) and $30 for the more "premium" builds(501st, dark troopers).  After all, they are a corporation and are always finding how just how far to find that "sweet-spot" for rising prices and maintaining high sales.

I don't think asking for a new mold is outrageous in any way and won't break lego's budget. This is no longer the 90s- they regularly put out enormous amounts of parts with new molds, some of which are literally one offs and are never seen again. That being said I would not mind if the current phase 2 mold is still reused so long as much requested figures have updated versions made of them.

22 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

$15 for 3 or 4 figures with an even more measly build (MF packs) and $30 for the more "premium" builds(501st, dark troopers).  After all, they are a corporation and are always finding how just how far to find that "sweet-spot" for rising prices and maintaining high sales.

Ha, fair point! In a sense, adding measly builds seems like a decent compromise if the focus of a Minifigure Pack is full-on army building to be honest, may as well strip out the typical dinky vehicle and add something that’s simple but relevant like a small turret. Said compromise falls apart when considering they’d ‘replace’ the old BP price-point, however.

And I agree regarding the helmet mould issue, it really does feel random at times. Surely if Lego has come out with a new Stormtrooper helmet which doesn’t have any functional difference to the previous one (outside of limiting head movement) they can design a new P2 Clone one? It’s all conjecture for now anyway I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

• TLG could recycle "the same product (digital sculpts, molds, tooling, etc.) over + over w/ minor upgrades to paint deco, packaging, pack-ins, etc."

• TLG isn't above sets w/ short shelf-lives e.g. seasonal sets, promos.
  • Specifically, minifigure pack 40454 'Spider-Man Versus Venom and Iron Venom" had a shelf life of only a few months.
  • As a result, TLG risk is low because production lasts no longer than demand does.
  • Also note, TLG appears to be nimble, creating additional waves of limited products (e.g. promos) to meet demand - unlike Hasbro.

If I had to guess, I don't think this is super feasible within their business model.

As far as the recycling goes, it would certainly work for molds, but they rarely, if ever, like to just re-use the same design.  Even when it's a BARC or Jedi Starfighter, there tend to be slight differences in each iteration of the vehicle or set.  I'm not sure if you meant literally re-making the same set with different clones or whatever, but it just doesn't seem like something they've ever done or shown an interest in doing.  

As far as the shelf lives, the seasonal stuff or promotions, I would assume, are produced in smaller quantities and tend to be a lot smaller.  When they produce regular sets, I'd guess the production runs are a lot larger, because they're assuming that the shelf life is longer.  Plus, most of the seasonal stuff generally doesn't have any new prints or molds.  I don't know the specifics of that Spiderman set, but it seems like they really don't want to have sets with short shelf lives if they're part of a specific theme.  I would also guess that anything larger than, like, $30 needs to have a longer shelf life.

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

TLG could recycle "the same product (digital sculpts, molds, tooling, etc.) over + over w/ minor upgrades to paint deco, packaging, pack-ins, etc."

• This could be done via minifigure packs of various 'lesser legions' (saving popular ones 501st, 212th, and [apparently] Kashyyk for sets).
  • Build could be the same across releases - just an AT-RT color-coded to the legion.
  • As a result, they're keeping costs low, effectively just re-packaging the same Clone molds + builds.

As is well known in other themes like marvel and DC, even changing the print is a cost to them, and while SW has a higher budget than those themes, that's a minimum of 3 new prints per set, more if they have any sort of specialized clone or printed parts on the AT-RT (I don't think minifigure packs come with stickers, but I could be mistaken). Plus, if the variation is that small, those sets aren't going to sell well as soon as the second one hits shelves. Imagine, if you will, that in january 2021 a 212th pack released, same as the 501st one but in orange. It's not going to sell as well. Sure, diehard fans will army-build both, and people like me who just prefer the 212th will buy a couple, but most people who army-built the 501st just 6 months ago aren't going to do the same immediately after with another clone legion, at least not to the same extent. Furthermore, most of the buyers, children, might not buy any copies at all, seeing as they have the blue version already. A lot of parents won't want to get a recolor of a set their kid already has, too. Then in August 2021, a coruscant guard pack releases, and sales continue to lower. Lego already had this issue with their first order battle packs, and those had not only more variety but were released further apart. They aren't going to make that mistake again.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Furthermore, most of the buyers, children, might not buy any copies at all, seeing as they have the blue version already. A lot of parents won't want to get a recolor of a set their kid already has, too.

I think this goes overlooked a lot among AFOLs. My son sees no reason at all to have a second of any figure or set, even something massable like a clone or stormtrooper. I've lost track of how many times I've heard something to the effect of, "I have a stormtrooper already. You can have this one." It's baffling to me, but there you go.

55 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Plus, if the variation is that small, those sets aren't going to sell well as soon as the second one hits shelves. Imagine, if you will, that in january 2021 a 212th pack released, same as the 501st one but in orange. It's not going to sell as well. Sure.....Furthermore, most of the buyers, children, might not buy any copies at all, seeing as they have the blue version already. A lot of parents won't want to get a recolor of a set their kid already has, too. Then in August 2021, a coruscant guard pack releases, and sales continue to lower. Lego already had this issue with their first order battle packs, and those had not only more variety but were released further apart. They aren't going to make that mistake again.

I get what you are trying to say and it does make sense, but lego has sold multiple clone variations not just successive, but simultaneous times as well. In addition, the MF packs have consistently included the exact same characters you could get in sets or small variations of characters. e.g. the current police one has figures you could already get in sets and some with small variations, and the monkie kid one includes small variation of characters AND one that you can already get in sets. Just a cursory look at all of them will give you more examples.  So there is a consistent market for repetition and small variations for all kinds of MF packs that are popular with kids, not just among AFOLs. For some reason It's always alluded by talking heads that kids don't like to army build. Not all, but some certainly do

A very good example is the marvel one. The AIM agents are already in like what feels like every single marvel set, yet they included 2 in the MF pack

18 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I think this goes overlooked a lot among AFOLs.

Edited by Bobbtom

22 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I think this goes overlooked a lot among AFOLs. My son sees no reason at all to have a second of any figure or set, even something massable like a clone or stormtrooper. I've lost track of how many times I've heard something to the effect of, "I have a stormtrooper already. You can have this one." It's baffling to me, but there you go.

A lot of younger kids, not necessarily avid younger lego star wars fans but younger kids who like playing with lego star wars, don't army build because they can only hold a couple troopers in each hand, and it's better to imagine an army of troopers than a ton of named characters.

20 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

I get what you are trying to say and it does make sense, but lego has sold multiple clone variations not just successive, but simultaneous times as well. In addition, the MF packs have consistently included the exact same characters you could get in sets or small variations of characters. e.g. the current police one has figures you could already get in sets and some with small variations, and the monkie kid one includes small variation of characters AND one that you can already get in sets. Just a cursory look at all of them will give you more examples.  So there is a consistent market for repetition and small variations for all kinds of MF packs that are popular with kids, not just among AFOLs. For some reason It's always alluded by talking heads that kids don't like to army build. Not all, but some certainly do

A very good example is the marvel one. The AIM agents are already in like what feels like every single marvel set, yet they included 2 in the MF pack

When have they done this in the past decade? 2014? The start of battle packs, when the clones were drastically different colors, not just different markings but fully different colors, and had different head molds, completely different builds, and yet still didn't sell all too well overall? 

The other themes aren't exactly a perfect comparison to star wars, and even then most of those are named characters. The marvel pack had black widow, the version only available in the expensive helicarrier, and falcon, an exclusive figure, alongside those two aim agents. The Monkie kid pack has substantially different outfits for named characters. 

We need a moratorium on assertions about sales data that aren’t backed up by explicit sources. I wholeheartedly approve of these kinds of arguments, but if we’re gonna do it y’all need to be breaking out the actual stats rather than just declaring that things are underproduced.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The other themes aren't exactly a perfect comparison to star wars, and even then most of those are named characters. The marvel pack had black widow, the version only available in the expensive helicarrier, and falcon, an exclusive figure, alongside those two aim agents. The Monkie kid pack has substantially different outfits for named characters. 

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but also, it seems like you were making the point of "If you made a pack for one clone legion, then released another one six months later, the second one will probably sell worse, because to a lot of people, they're all clones, so why bother with the second one if they already bought the first?"  

That to me is a little bit different than having a clone available in a minifigure pack as well as a set at the same time, since the minifigure packs are sort of supplementary.  It would be like them releasing a set with Stormtroopers at the same time as a minifigure pack that comes with Vader, a Stormtrooper, and Ben Kenobi, versus them putting out that minifigure pack at the same time as a minifigure pack that's two Sandtroopers and C-3PO.  The figures are different, but probably not distinct enough to warrant choosing one over the other to a casual fan or a kid.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A lot of younger kids, not necessarily avid younger lego star wars fans but younger kids who like playing with lego star wars, don't army build because they can only hold a couple troopers in each hand, and it's better to imagine an army of troopers than a ton of named characters.

When have they done this in the past decade? 2014? The start of battle packs, when the clones were drastically different colors, not just different markings but fully different colors, and had different head molds, completely different builds, and yet still didn't sell all too well overall? 

And some kids like to army build.

How do you know for sure they didn't sell too well overall? 

So what if they have named characters? Your point was that MF packs with the same character or variants of characters wouldn't sell and lego would not make them, yet that's what they're doing right now, whether it be including a figure directly from an expensive set or including them with a tiny or large variation. (eg. Tiny: city MF set with tiny variations of existing police and robber minifigs. Large: Monkie kid different outfits)

When it comes down to a a SW MF pack with 1) rex and jesse or 2) anakin and ahsoka, and two 501st clones (straight from the set or with variations), or even a obi-wan one with the 212th would correlate exactly with what they're doing right now for all the other MF packs. I'm not expecting a  MF pack with 4 unnamed clones but two named charactes and two regular clones would follow the trend of what they've been doing

Edited by Bobbtom

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

We need a moratorium on assertions about sales data that aren’t backed up by explicit sources. I wholeheartedly approve of these kinds of arguments, but if we’re gonna do it y’all need to be breaking out the actual stats rather than just declaring that things are underproduced.

Seconded, it feels like the entire thread has been taken over by discussions based entirely on anecdotes and personal opinions.

Anyway, I'm kind of meh on this wave. The diaromas are a neat new experiment, but I'm not sure if I'll be interested in them right now. The battle pack is nice but doesn't interest me, and the BoBF stuff apparently being in summer is a real let down since that's definitely what I'm most excited for. At least the Dark Trooper set sounds like something I'd get.

I think the Hasbro vs Lego discussion has been beaten dead now. Let's give it a rest for a day or two and see if we have something more constructive to add after that time.

After a bit of thinking and analyses of the accessory packs, I have a theory. These accessory packs usually have the following features:

-No new molds

-Around 3 new prints, consisting of 1 or 2 new figs;

-Repeats from sets currently on shelves;

-They works as an extension to sets from the recent waves;

... which makes me believe Bad Batch Crosshairs is a very likely candidate for these packs. Only one new print (the helmet), reusing the other ones torsos, and the pack would be an extension to the Havoc Marauder set. Crosshairs, Hunter repeat and two more figs from Battle of Anaxes, perhaps, and a build for his sniper riffle.

16 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

After a bit of thinking and analyses of the accessory packs, I have a theory. These accessory packs usually have the following features:

-No new molds

-Around 3 new prints, consisting of 1 or 2 new figs;

-Repeats from sets currently on shelves;

-They works as an extension to sets from the recent waves;

... which makes me believe Bad Batch Crosshairs is a very likely candidate for these packs. Only one new print (the helmet), reusing the other ones torsos, and the pack would be an extension to the Havoc Marauder set. Crosshairs, Hunter repeat and two more figs from Battle of Anaxes, perhaps, and a build for his sniper riffle.

They could also do a new phase 2 plain clone, as the leg print already exist from the gunship, so all they’d need is a chest and helmet print.

17 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

... which makes me believe Bad Batch Crosshairs is a very likely candidate for these packs.

Don’t give me hope :cry2:

And keep in mind that the new prints could be virtually anything, not necessarily just minifig parts. This year’s HP pack for instance featured a new printed 2x3 tile as one of its two exclusive prints :tongue: