MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Also kinda dumb to have the “do or do not” quote without the X Wing is trying to lift.

if they had included a full scale x-wing in the set, it would be exponentially more expensive, or much less detailed in other areas. The fact that there's also an X-Wing currently on shelves also contributes to this; you'd have people angry that lego has put out "another x-wing" right after the last one, and it would also hurt the sales of said x-wing as people (especially in the 18+ market) wouldn't feel the need to buy both sets unless they're completionists. I think the inclusion of just the wing is fine, especially considering that's all that was visible of the ship when Yoda said the quote in the film.

I'm very excited about the diaramas, I'm definately getting the dagobah one and maybe the trash compactor too. I'm so glad we're finally getting nice location sets with high detailing and good prices, it's like more bespin duels!

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

The only thing that would convince me otherwise would be having the cave but there’s no Vader so that’s unlikely. Also kinda dumb to have the “do or do not” quote without the X Wing is trying to lift. But that’s just my take on it.

There's an X-Wing wing in the swamp. We don't need a whole new X-Wing, we just got one recently. It's a display piece.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yes, which is EXACTLY why I’m fed up with the barrage of OT sets every year :tongue: There’s so much stuff they still haven’t touched yet across all three eras but nope, OT remakes until the banthas come home :shrug_confused: I now OT sets sell, but is SOME balance between the eras really that much to ask for? Not a single PT, TCW, BB, ST, RO, or Solo set in sight. AGAIN.

The only sets that save this wave for me are the Darktrooper “BP” and the two TBOBF sets, and we have no idea yet if anything new is even included in the latter. My expectations for the accessory packs are low too, probably Luke, 3PO, Obi, and R2 in one pack and Luke, Han, Leia, and Chewy in the other :snicker: 

I can completely understand that, entirely can. 

Maybe, they're trialling more of the smaller 18+ sets in the 'safety' of OT to see how they sell, before giving them a go in different trilogies? 

Probably not, but that's what I'm hoping. 

12 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

I can completely understand that, entirely can. 

Maybe, they're trialling more of the smaller 18+ sets in the 'safety' of OT to see how they sell, before giving them a go in different trilogies? 

Probably not, but that's what I'm hoping. 

I don’t know, even as someone who usually defends legos constant OT stuff, I feel like the “they’re trying something new out” line has gotten a little tired. We’ve heard it with the gunship, the 2020 wave, the smaller scaled ships, MBS…

Maybe we just haven’t seen the effects of these sets yet?

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Simply put we got a very good Dagobah set a few years ago, and I don't see the reason to make a bigger version without making it substantially different.

As always there are people who missed the last one who would like the figures and build without resorting to buying on the aftermarket 

11 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

As always there are people who missed the last one who would like the figures and build without resorting to buying on the aftermarket 

Sure, but how about adding something new for the people who already own the previous version, which they often did in the past? It's not like couldn't include anything new here *cough* non-transparent force ghost Obi-Wan in the same style as the Hogwarts ghosts *cough:tongue: Granted, the trash compactor set offered ZERO potential in that regard from the get-go, except for a more accurate dianoga perhaps

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's an X-Wing wing in the swamp. We don't need a whole new X-Wing, we just got one recently. It's a display piece.

Remember two seconds ago when everyone was saying the only reason the set could be as expensive as it is is if it's got the x-wing and that this was horrible and bad, and now there's no x-wing and that's horrible and bad?

Personally I'm very happy there's no x-wing, two similarly sized x-wings within a year would be a new record for lego I believe, and really not necessary.

48 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I don’t know, even as someone who usually defends legos constant OT stuff, I feel like the “they’re trying something new out” line has gotten a little tired. We’ve heard it with the gunship, the 2020 wave, the smaller scaled ships, MBS…

Maybe we just haven’t seen the effects of these sets yet?

Yeah, the movies are over so now they're throwing a ton of stuff at the wall to see what sticks. The Dioramas, smaller ships, and UCS gunship have been their main attempts (adult "playsets", more affordable starfighters, and prequel UCS respectively), and personally I hope they all do well. Either of the latter two succeeding makes another ARC-170 more likely, and bespin duel is quite possibly my favorite SW set (either that or UCS slave one, and as I glance over at my collection I'm noticing they're right next to eachother)

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure, but how about adding something new for the people who already own the previous version, which they often did in the past? It's not like couldn't include anything new here *cough* non-transparent force ghost Obi-Wan in the same style as the Hogwarts ghosts *cough:tongue: Granted, the trash compactor set offered ZERO potential in that regard from the get-go, except for a more accurate dianoga perhaps

To be fair, the trash compacter has only ever been a set as part of a $400-500 death star, you can't really pretend that it's even remotely similar.

Also it's ironic that the $60 set is more of an 18+ display piece than the $500 set.

I know I’ve been joking about the accessory packs before, but now I really hope they use their 1-2 new prints each wisely :purrr: The rest of the wave is pretty unlikely to include any noteworthy new prints, so they should at least go all-out there.

Mando is already confirmed to be the same as before and Chewy, Yoda, the trio,  C-3PO, R2, the Rebel trooper, the Dark Troopers, and the Snowtroopers will surely be identical to previous releases as well. The Hoth Scout and Mando Luke will probably be kitbashed (i.e. a Scout helmet on a Snowtrooper torso and a hood for ROTJ Luke), leaving only whatever minifigs are included in the TBOBF sets and the accessory packs.

And please don’t tell me they spent their print budget on those quotes :laugh_hard: They’re a neat idea, but the priorities should lie elsewhere :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And please don’t tell me they spent their print budget on those quotes :laugh_hard: They’re a neat idea, but the budget should be spent elsewhere :tongue:

This year’s Imperial Shuttle Pilot is chuckling :laugh: What update did that figure get, an updated uniform crease line or something? 

As far as Accessory Packs go, maybe they’ll at least be Clone Wars or Bad Batch themed? I wasn’t a big fan of the Bad Batch plot-wise, but the show itself is an excellent contemporary opportunity for Lego to release AT-TEs / Gunships / V-Wings / yada yada without bricking themselves at the Prequels = Unpopular spiel. But more importantly I suppose, the BB need villains to fight! As ‘unpopular’ as Prequel vehicles may be, I think they’re vastly more interesting in terms of design and geometry than most of the OT.

One thing I’m not actively a fan of is this new approach towards Battle Packs. Same small piece and figure counts, but higher price points? I was hoping the Dark Trooper one would at least have a small vignette of the Arquitens corridor, but it seems it’ll just be including another vehicle. 

15 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I think it's good what they're doing. Their market of star wars has been saturated with all the rehashes possible, and its kinda a quiet period of in-between series/new stuff for star wars. What with there being an absolute enormous offering of other themed toy sets aimed at kids, it's almost like they've gone 'OK, we've done most of what we can, let's give the rehashes a break and give the adults a bit of time'. 

While I might not be able to afford all the ones I'd like, I think it's great they're giving afols their moment. Let's be honest, parents gonna breath a sigh of relief, kids will have plenty else to choose from, and afols gonna be happy. 

I'm not sure how this could be construed as a bad thing by any stretch. 

Training on dagobah actually sounds like very good value as well, certainly can't knock that. 

....All the rehashes possible??? It's been almost 15 years since the last and only real venator set not to mention a huge number of PT vehicles, minifigures and locations we've yet to have again or at all, irregardless of even OT vehicles that we havent seen any iteration since. If there won't be an  AT-TE or even a rex figure during this "quiet period" then we'll never see one for at least another 5-10 years. New SW media will be coming out the next few years and those will be the ones that sets are based off of. If it's not now

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Surprised by people's reactions about the 18+ dioramas. I remember that people have been asking for this type of sets for years - detailed, movie-accurate display pieces that aren't aimed towards children as they don't have any play functions. And now that we're actually getting them, people think they are 'lazy' and 'boring'? I don't get it.

It's almost as if the internet has a diverse range of people with varying opinions

7 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

One thing I’m not actively a fan of is this new approach towards Battle Packs. Same small piece and figure counts, but higher price points? I was hoping the Dark Trooper one would at least have a small vignette of the Arquitens corridor, but it seems it’ll just be including another vehicle. 

The Snowtrooper one I can kind of swallow, but I'm still sceptical that the dark trooper one is actually a battle pack - that has to be a mistake on the set name. 166 pieces for 30EUR is a pitiful PPP ratio, and while I know this isn't the be-all and end-all metric, for four figures it's taking the megabloks a bit.

7 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

This year’s Imperial Shuttle Pilot is chuckling :laugh: What update did that figure get, an updated uniform crease line or something? 

His uniform got an iron. 🤣

8 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

And the prize for the most pointless print update EVER goes to… :laugh_hard: Yeah, that was pretty silly. Hopefully they spent the budget on prints, recoloured pieces and new parts for the TBOBF minifigs rather than pointless updates like that :tongue: 

All of the expected minifigs have been released before and very recently so, and thus none of them really require any updates. A Chewy with snow print would be neat as some people have suggested, but that’s not very likely :shrug_oh_well:

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure, but how about adding something new for the people who already own the previous version

Apparently a tree, a sunken x-wing and a display base isn’t enough. Knowing LEGO the figures will probably be new variants too. 

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Personally I'm very happy there's no x-wing, two similarly sized x-wings within a year would be a new record for lego I believe, and really not necessary.

Resistance X-Wings from 2015 and 2016, although that was justified with different colour schemes. 

16 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Apparently a tree, a sunken x-wing and a display base isn’t enough. Knowing LEGO the figures will probably be new variants too. 

I meant in terms of minifigs, the set itself is a major update as is :tongue: This would’ve been the perfect opportunity to finally release force ghost Obi-wan, albeit opaque of course

Not really interested or excited about any of the new sets. I was hoping the tank rumor is true, but it's either a bs or it will come later in the year. Pass on helmets, pass on all of the OT sets. Only might get Boba Fett sets if the show is good and maybe 3 hoth battlepacks if the speeders inside are size accurate and not oversized like 501st ones. Overall sad, boring and depressed first 8 months of 2022 that can only be salvaged by a decent minifigure pack, but i am not expecting anything.

28 minutes ago, Tanniao said:

So we still have no news on the fighter tank or the minifigure packs?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the Fighter Tank rumor was probably just fake. As for the minifig packs, there hasn't been any new information on them yet as far as I know.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I meant in terms of minifigs, the set itself is a major update as is :tongue: This would’ve been the perfect opportunity to finally release force ghost Obi-wan, albeit opaque of course

I've been suggesting an Endor Celebration set with the pyre, Luke, and the ghosts since bespin duel came out. Personally I think they need to be mostly transparent, but we know for sure that at the very least arms, legs, and heads can be made transparent, right?

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Resistance X-Wings from 2015 and 2016, although that was justified with different colour schemes. 

Yeah, this set is a massive update.

I forgot about that. I feel that's not quite as bad as if they did the 2021 x-wing but just with some swamp parts on it, since like you said the color scheme is different, but yeah, that was still a weird choice.

3 hours ago, Meadius said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the Fighter Tank rumor was probably just fake. As for the minifig packs, there hasn't been any new information on them yet as far as I know.

The Fighter Tank is probably fake. As for the accessory packs, there isn't anything known on their contents or release date, but they are coming. 

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Before we got the leak I was hoping ghost obi-Wan was going to finally show up.

Between what HP, Chima, Hidden Side, Ninjago, and CMF have achieved with various ghostly figures opaque would be just fine! For years we excused the ghosts due to the impossibility of transparent figs but I think all these themes have proved that some transparent parts plus the aqua blue would work just fine. It would be a pipe dream but a cool 18+ set would be the "Jub- Jub" celebration scene with all three ghosts at once.

12 hours ago, Bobbtom said:

....All the rehashes possible??? It's been almost 15 years since the last and only real venator set not to mention a huge number of PT vehicles, minifigures and locations we've yet to have again or at all, irregardless of... 

I'm talking about OT. Clearly there's a metric crap ton of PT stuff they could throw the designers at for rehashes and even new yet to be done stuff, but it's clear by now it's literally almost at the bottom of their priority list so it is what it is. (yes, I'd love more PT stuff, but, it's obvious they're overloading OT stuff and slinging PT to the side, not much you can do other than accept it or go all mandrproductions at them) 

Also, 'irregardless' isn't a word :wink:

23 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I feel like we've been at the stage of "they're only testing OT" for years now. As for the discussion of re-releases, there is no reason they need to rehash the same vehicles/figures every 1-2 years when several main characters like Lando, Padme, and Mace Windu haven't been available for a long time and are expensive on the after market. Don't even get me started on Clone Troopers prices...