MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This thread collects everything you think you know about 2022 LEGO Star Wars sets; discuss your opinions here! Please read before posting:

• Stay on target. stayontarget.gif
  • No wish lists. Remember that this topic is for discussing sets that are rumored to come in 2022. If it's something you wish to see or something you think that we will see sometime in the future, but not something that's actually rumored to be a 2022 set, then it is pure speculation and it belongs in the Future Star Wars Sets topic. (We also have a topic for minifigures you want to see, which might be more appropriate.)
  • No fighting. Yes, we actually have to post that!
  • We strongly suggest you refrain from criticizing sets on the basis of what you imagine they're going to look like. Wait till we have pictures before you start complaining. And even then, think twice about it :wink:
  • If you post news in this thread, it will not be transferred over to the 2022 News thread.  Be smart, think about what you are posting and in what thread you are posting. This IS your warning!
  • If you have substantiated news, you can post it in the 2022 News thread. If your news is not able to be substantiated your post will be removed.
  • If you choose to post fabricated information; you can expect to be banned. It's not worth the fifteen minutes of internet fame.
  • Do not post watermarked or confidential images; they will be removed and the poster will be dealt with appropriately. As stated in our Member Guidelines:
    Sinner said:
    Sinner said:
    If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material.

This topic is for 2022 discussion, not 2021, and not 2023.  We will make a new topic when we feel it is necessary.  If your post was on the boards, and now it's not...there is a good chance it was either hidden or moved.  Off topic posts, placing info in the wrong thread, or a request from LEGO to remove something; these are all possible reasons why something may have disappeared.

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

Eurobricks Star Wars Forum Spoiler Policy
With regards to upcoming sets and rumors: Read at your own risk. This is a topic about potential items to be released. If you do not want to know, stay out of these forums!!!

With regards to spoiler tags: these are not required and we will not force anyone to use them.  That being said, I'm sure if you did use them, the community would be a much happier place!  Please be respectful of others. If a member used a spoiler tag, their intention was to keep something quiet; it was a courtesy to others. If you choose to comment on the contents of that spoiler tag, please refrain from publicly mentioning what the contents of the spoiler were!!!

With regards to movies or shows: We feel that two weeks from the release date is an ample amount of time for most people to view a movie. Once a movie or episode is released, we the staff, will do all we can to curb the usage of spoilers in any of the topics in the Star Wars forum for two weeks. If you do not see the movie or episode within two weeks, then you read here at your own risk.

This is the policy in the Star Wars forum, going forward. If you did not agree with us in the past, so be it. From this point on, we will not police the threads unless something becomes an issue. We ask that members not mini-mod (directly telling other members how to behave ) in the thread and tell others to use spoiler tags. If something is a problem, please inform the mods by reporting it. Any questions, please ask in the appropriate thread.

Since it’s now October, it shouldn’t be too long before the first minifigs start leaking :sweet: Could be quite exciting, especially in regards to the TBOBF set. We still have no idea who will show up in that show apart from Boba and Fennec of course, and with a $100 set we should expect quite a few minifigs :excited: The only familiar characters that are currently rumoured to appear are

Mando, Bossk, and Cad Bane

and the only new character we’ve heard of is codenamed

Hammerhead, so maybe it’s an Ithorian?

Characters from upcoming SW content being revealed through minifig leaks is a tradition I’d definitely like to see continue :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since it’s now October, it shouldn’t be too long before the first minifigs start leaking :sweet: Could be quite exciting, especially in regards to the TBOBF set. We still have no idea who will show up in that show apart from Boba and Fennec of course, and with a $100 set we should expect quite a few minifigs :excited: The only familiar characters that are currently rumoured to appear are

Hide contents

And also 3 more characters from The Mandalorian: Cobb Vanth, Greef Karga and Mayfield

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And also 3 more characters from The Mandalorian: Cobb Vanth, Greef Karga and Mayfield

I sure hope so, we still need minifigs for two of those :moar:

Stonewars have started to write a series of articles on the 2022 set lists, so it shouldn’t take too long before they get to the SW one :thumbup: Let’s hope they have some new bits of information to add, especially in regards to the Yoda and Death Star sets

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Stonewars have started to write a series of articles on the 2022 set lists, so it shouldn’t take too long before they get to the SW one :thumbup: Let’s hope they have some new bits of information to add, especially in regards to the Yoda and Death Star sets

I'm definitely very curious as well, since there's at least a couple of things both could be.  The Yoda set, to me, could be either a remake of the 2003 Yoda's Hut + X-Wing (which I think makes sense as a set, but not right now, we just got Yoda's Hut like 3 years ago and there's a Red Five X-Wing on shelves right now.  They've doubled up X-Wings before, but only when it was sequel and OT, not two versions of the exact same ship), the Force cave thing (maybe attached to Yoda's Hut?), or something from the Jedi Temple (Though I'm not as sure how playable this is, I definitely think a Jedi Temple set would be popular).  Assuming the Death Star set is minifigure scale, the Detention Block/Garbage Masher makes sense, because we've gotten all of the other major scenes from the DS as sets within the last couple of years, but it could also be the Rey/Kylo duel from TRoS.  It could also be ship-based, maybe an A-Wing + TIE variation + some external structure of the DS.  

I'm excited to see what these are.

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since it’s now October, it shouldn’t be too long before the first minifigs start leaking :sweet: Could be quite exciting, especially in regards to the TBOBF set. We still have no idea who will show up in that show apart from Boba and Fennec of course, and with a $100 set we should expect quite a few minifigs :excited: 

I think Gamorrean guards figs are likely to appear in the set, but that's just an assumption.

54 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'm definitely very curious as well, since there's at least a couple of things both could be.

Indeed. There’s another option for the Yoda set. It’s incredibly unlikely, but if “Yoda’s training” is actually the proper name of the set, it could be based on the Yoda arc of TCW S6. After all, we already got Yoda’s Jedi interceptor from that very same arc :shrug_oh_well: Not counting on it, but at least it’s an option

The options for the DS set are a bit more limited, so not looking forward to that one too much. Could still be another remake of the ROTJ duel

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Assuming the Death Star set is minifigure scale, the Detention Block/Garbage Masher makes sense, because we've gotten all of the other major scenes from the DS as sets within the last couple of years, but it could also be the Rey/Kylo duel from TRoS.  It could also be ship-based, maybe an A-Wing + TIE variation + some external structure of the DS.  

I'm excited to see what these are.

I'd love to see the TIE Whisper made into a set, but the price point makes me skeptical. $60 does not seem enough for a TIE fighter and Death Star terrain.

I do agree that a vehicle will likely be included. My money is on a water skimmer..

49 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. There’s another option for the Yoda set. It’s incredibly unlikely, but if “Yoda’s training” is actually the proper name of the set, it could be based on the Yoda arc of TCW S6. After all, we already got Yoda’s Jedi interceptor from that very same arc :shrug_oh_well: Not counting on it, but at least it’s an option

The options for the DS set are a bit more limited, so not looking forward to that one too much. Could still be another remake of the ROTJ duel

While that would be incredible I doubt they do a set from TCW S1-S6 in 2022 but if they were to do one I think they'd make it relevant to characters who are popular now like Ahsoka, Rex, and (Maybe) Echo not from Yoda's training arc. Also, I think, as a lot of people pointed out in the last thread, parents, and kids who haven't watched TCW won't recognize the set/scene so at an $80 price point it would sit on shelves until sales.

2 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

While that would be incredible I doubt they do a set from TCW S1-S6 in 2022 but if they were to do one I think they'd make it relevant to characters who are popular now like Ahsoka, Rex, and (Maybe) Echo not from Yoda's training arc. Also, I think, as a lot of people pointed out in the last thread, parents, and kids who haven't watched TCW won't recognize the set/scene so at an $80 price point it would sit on shelves until sales.

As much as I hate to see it, I think an X-wing plus hut is the most likely. 75301 will be phasing out and it would fit the $80 price point with the inclusion of Yoda's hut. Plus, they could add some mud and swamp elements to make the model look different 

Thing is, Brickset says 75301 is lasting until end of 2023, which makes sense to me, and their source is apparently official.

23 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The only familiar characters that are currently rumoured to appear are

Reveal hidden contents

Kinda wish I didn’t click that, but at the same time I’m glad to hear that my favorite bounty hunter is going to be in a live action show with my second and third favorite bounty hunters. Also I hope we get minifigures for the returning mando characters. I’ve seen some credible sources say Cara Dune is back too, we’ll see how this all plays out. Really seems like it’s going to be Mando Season 2 1/2

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Kinda wish I didn’t click that, but at the same time I’m glad to hear that my favorite bounty hunter is going to be in a live action show with my second and third favorite bounty hunters. Also I hope we get minifigures for the returning mando characters. I’ve seen some credible sources say Cara Dune is back too, we’ll see how this all plays out. Really seems like it’s going to be Mando Season 2 1/2

Those are pretty vague rumours anyway, there’s no guarantee any of them actually pan out :wink: It’s not like TFA or TROS where we had concept art to confirm character appearances… I’m not fully convinced myself yet, but I think we can expect a decent handful of familiar characters to show up. Hopefully, we also get some cool new characters with minifig potential :thumbup:

We’ll see… as tight as Mando’s production was, castings still leaked. Agreed on the potential figures though.

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Oh yeah, live action bane will be incredible, hopefully they keep his real Angel Eyes aesthetic (the "bad" in "the good, the bad, and the ugly"). I'm also hyped for Bossk, one of my favorite hunters, and one that fits into an interesting morality bit, as he's not motivated by profit but religion. I had heard rumors about Cara coming back with the same actress, but I didn't see any really reliable ones. If it is true, I will be very happy though. Anyway, since the set is $100 I think most of these characters could be in the set, with the exception of Bane (He feels like he'll be a surprise)

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Those are pretty vague rumours anyway, there’s no guarantee any of them actually pan out :wink: It’s not like TFA or TROS where we had concept art to confirm character appearances… I’m not fully convinced myself yet, but I think we can expect a decent handful of familiar characters to show up. Hopefully, we also get some cool new characters with minifig potential :thumbup:

As @Brikkyy13 said, the same thing happened for mando and virtually all rumors were true (except sabine I guess). 

As for new characters,

Spoiler

There's some ithorian warlord that's been rumored forever, as well as Black Krrsytan or whatever the evil wookie's name is (from comics but we haven't gotten the figure before.) There's also credible rumors of boba RIDING A RANCOR, which if that's in the set could certainly be part of the $100 price point.

I think that the Republic Fighter Tank rumor is dubious already, let alone speculating that Commander Cody is somehow included.

I have no doubt that Lego has heard the outcries for a Phase Two Commander Cody figure, however, and wouldn’t be surprised if we see him included somewhere in the next few years.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I think that the Republic Fighter Tank rumor is dubious already, let alone speculating that Commander Cody is somehow included.

I have no doubt that Lego has heard the outcries for a Phase Two Commander Cody figure, however, and wouldn’t be surprised if we see him included somewhere in the next few years.

Agreed. To be frank, with how much people seem to want Cody I would be surprised if Lego throws him in a rather expensive set. But then again, Lego also hasn't made a ton of expensive prequel/CW sets, so maybe not.

The set descriptions Stonewars have provided over the last few days for the other themes have revealed plenty new details, so I hope they can do the same for some of the SW sets :excited: I imagine there aren’t any prelim images of the TBOBF set in the catalogues, so that one will most likely be shrouded in mystery a while longer, but hopefully we will finally learn what the Yoda and Death Star sets are actually based on :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Meadius said:

Agreed. To be frank, with how much people seem to want Cody I would be surprised if Lego throws him in a rather expensive set. But then again, Lego also hasn't made a ton of expensive prequel/CW sets, so maybe not.

Expensive CW sets is easy for LEGO to do. They could just make Clone Turbo Tank or AT-TE with CW design  as 120$-130$ sets, and put some highly desired CW figures there like new Phase 2 Cody and Rex along with other clones.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The set descriptions Stonewars have provided over the last few days for the other themes have revealed plenty new details, so I hope they can do the same for some of the SW sets :excited: I imagine there aren’t any prelim images of the TBOBF set in the catalogues, so that one will most likely be shrouded in mystery a while longer, but hopefully we will finally learn what the Yoda and Death Star sets are actually based on :thumbup:

I hope we can at least get a trailer fro TBOBF soon. That would provide some neat set ideas.

1 hour ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I hope we can at least get a trailer fro TBOBF soon. That would provide some neat set ideas.

I think there's some sort of Disney+ day in mid-November (I have the 19th in my head), so I'd expect to see a trailer then.

12 hours ago, The Stud said:

I doubt cody is in the republic fighter tank. If they're putting him in a set, it'll either be an expensive one to increase sales. Even if it's a cheaper one, I think it'd be one where he canonically makes sense, like a wheel bike chase right after grievous's starfighter retires or something.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I hope so. Does stonewars have the prelim catalog?

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I hope so. Does stonewars have the prelim catalog?

They don’t mention their source anywhere, but it being a catalogue seems fairly likely to me. At least it would explain why they’re not sure about certain details (e.g. whether there’s a new leg-skirt combo piece included in one of the HP sets or not) :classic: