Feuer Zug

OcTRAINber 2021 - WIP story

3 hours ago, Hod Carrier said:

That's some great work being done there. Getting power and drive into that tiny FIAT van is just incredible!! How are you finding the twisted band drive solution? Is it as good as having gears or are you having any issues with slipping?

Regarding the pantographs, I was wondering whether there was enough space to use the top dark bley bar as a mounting point for the collector head. Some clip plates (PN:15712) and Belville ice skates (PN:42013) should look just about right.

Thank you very much!!! I was a lot lucky, I'd say :laugh:  - the CC motor is fantastic, and easy to power also using other electronic parts - 3.7v is perfect. The battery and the small, small,small power/charge circuit required a bit of soldering, but just fit in 4x2 studs.

The twisted rubber band transmission is strangely quite efficient for small loads. I think it's due to the new silicone bands and to that 90 degrees twist, which keep them well wrapped around driver and driven axle.

For the moment no slipping from the band , nor in the Blue Lok, nor in the 500 (both are quite light, after all). I know it's a curious way to transmit power, but it's nice and worth to be tested on small vehicles. :thumbup::laugh:

Ciao!

Davide

7 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Thank you very much!!! I was a lot lucky, I'd say :laugh:  - the CC motor is fantastic, and easy to power also using other electronic parts - 3.7v is perfect. The battery and the small, small,small power/charge circuit required a bit of soldering, but just fit in 4x2 studs.

The twisted rubber band transmission is strangely quite efficient for small loads. I think it's due to the new silicone bands and to that 90 degrees twist, which keep them well wrapped around driver and driven axle.

For the moment no slipping from the band , nor in the Blue Lok, nor in the 500 (both are quite light, after all). I know it's a curious way to transmit power, but it's nice and worth to be tested on small vehicles. :thumbup::laugh:

Ciao!

Davide

i think i will try it with my 4 wide monorail sooner or later! thanks for the idea!

16 hours ago, Hod Carrier said:

Regarding the pantographs, I was wondering whether there was enough space to use the top dark bley bar as a mounting point for the collector head. Some clip plates (PN:15712) and Belville ice skates (PN:42013) should look just about right.

Sorry - I forgot to thank you for the suggestion! :sweet: