zephyr1934

steamers with puffing smoke stacks- my BMR OcTRAINber 2021 odyssey

16 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

While the video in my previous post was a campy recreation of the pivotal moment in the book when she breaks free of the train, I've now added another short video of her zipping down the tracks.

LOL!! Go Katy, go!!! :laugh:

On 11/5/2021 at 2:45 PM, zephyr1934 said:

That means a lot after seeing some of the wizardry that you both pull off in your builds.

Who sir, me sir?? I'm a strictly 90 degrees kinda guy. Everything I build is square. I've a looooong way to go before I become a Jedi Master.

Cute liitle caboose you have build. Reminds me of the My-Own-Train 10014 caboose, which I have equipped with a 9V motor as well :classic:

10 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

I promise to devote all of the proceeds from my winnings to the Lego company

I think we all do that already. Again, congrats on a wonderful design.

Thank you all for the kind words! It was a lucky stroke of inspiration, all sparked by the off-hand comment of a motorized bobber caboose.

As a life-long Bill Peet fan, this build ticks a number of boxes. Very well done on your design, and massive congrats on a well deserved win!! Katy looks top notch. If you ever decided to sell instructions, I would be a keen buyer. Would love to have her on my layout.

can only second this. congrats on cathy, a really really good build!

You folks are way too kind, thank you again for such nice words.

On 3/13/2022 at 2:55 PM, sunhuntin said:

As a life-long Bill Peet fan, this build ticks a number of boxes. Very well done on your design, and massive congrats on a well deserved win!! Katy looks top notch. If you ever decided to sell instructions, I would be a keen buyer. Would love to have her on my layout.

That is an interesting idea. Probably the only unexpected expensive part on the build are the red hinge tops and those can be easily switched to black. It also has the magnets, roller bearing wheels (which could be done with technic axles when drag isn't an issue) and the truck sides. The biggest constraint is time, but I'll let this marble roll around my head and perhaps I'll have time this summer to do it.

Congrats on the win and thanks for taking us along on your building journey.  You really did a great job in creating Katy out of Lego.  If you do decide to do instructions I would be interested as well.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:50 PM, garmsey said:

Congrats on the win and thanks for taking us along on your building journey.  You really did a great job in creating Katy out of Lego.  If you do decide to do instructions I would be interested as well.

Alright alright (grin), I'll try to get something out this summer, though I'll probably do away with the dual mode so that I can make it a stronger build.