Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #6: We Now Interrupt This Broadcast

The party rushes into the chamber and the O'Kor'uk police officer finally takes note of them. He scowls in their direction.

eyzV416.png

"Wastelanders!" He hisses. "You might as well leave me to the Enchidira. But you don't look like the locals... And that Rampart Shield..." The police officer murmurs, notcing Max's gear. "If you're the type that wants me dead, put me down so I don't have to go out to some fucking jellyfish. Otherwise, a little help would go a LONG way here."

The other beasts catch scent of the charging in agents. It seems like the fray was about to get a lot more hectic.

Agents, Prepare For Battle!

ZUZ7SQj.png

Initiative Check (Agents):

Max: (5, 6) Two Successes

Valesia: (2, 6) One Successes

Soren: (5, 3) One Success

Officer: (1) Zero Successes

Turn Order: Max, then Valesia/Soren, then the Officer

Initiative Check (Foes):

Enchidirus Grande: (5, 1, 5) Two successes

Enchidirus A: (2, 2) Zero successes

Enchidirus B: (5, 2) 1 success

Unknown Organism?: (6) 1 success

Turn Order: Enchidirus Grande, Enchidirus B/Unknown Organism?, Enchidirus A

Foes:
8HL0oXk.png
Enchidirus Grande [Intel: Weak to Cold! +1 successes towards any Elemental attack directed towards them]
Vitality: 8/11
Velocity: 3
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Survival 2, Nature 3, Melee Weapons 1
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Velocity Amplification
Equipment: Sharp Fangs (Standard Melee Kinetic Weapon), Golden Gelatinous Hide (Standard Energy/Kinetic Armor)
Drops: Golden Gelatinous Hide

7kbVhZf.png
Enchidirus A [Intel: Weak to Cold! +1 successes towards any Elemental attack directed towards them]
Vitality: 4/5
Velocity: 2
Skill: 1

Proficiencies: Survival 2, Nature 2, Melee Weapons 2
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation
Equipment: Sharp Fangs (Standard Melee Kinetic Weapon), Gelatinous Hide (Standard Energy Armor)
Drops: Nanite Elixir

7kbVhZf.png
Enchidirus B [Intel: Weak to Cold! +1 successes towards any Elemental attack directed towards them]
Vitality: 5/5
Equipment: Sharp Fangs (Standard Melee Kinetic Weapon), Gelatinous Hide (Standard Energy Armor)
Drops: Plasma Potion

MdJKVNX.png
Unknown Organism? [Cowardly - Flees When Vitality Hits 3 or Below]
Vitality: 8/10
Velocity: 1
Strength: 3
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Acrobatics 1, Stealth 1, Short Range Weapons 1
Equipment: Whip Tail (Calibrated Short Range Weapon)
Drops: Whip Tail

Xthlm5b.png
Rusted Coolant Pipe
Vitality: 2/5
Velocity: 0 (It's a pipe.)
Proficiencies: Getting coolant From Point A to Point B
Equipment: Sturdy Alloy (Reinforced (+3) Energy/Elemental Armor)
Upon Breaking: ???

The Agents

1340555818_Heroica2.png.af8199e345ea7c34257ea18ab20b6688.png

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Character Points: 2/12
Vitality: 6/6
Velocity: 2
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Explosives 2, Occult 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Credits: 10
Equipment:  D-KA Carbine (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Rampart Kinetic Shield (Standard Kinetic Armor), Energy Cell
Inventory: 2 Hydrocobalt Shards
Locker:  Empty

51233820556_180a0dba60_t.jpg
Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
110 Year Old Female Cladrasith
Character Points: 2/15
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 1, Nature 3
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Healing Light, Mystic Binding, Photonic Manipulation
Credits: 70
Equipment: Holo-scroll, Chef's Kit (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Inventory: Ætherbrew, Essence of Precaution
Locker:

189444369_933832327392718_3084432536823807458_n.jpg
Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)
31-year-old male Human
Character Points: 3/17
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Spirit: 2
Proficiencies: Nature 1, Insight 1, Piloting 2, Short-Range Weapons 2
Spells: Elemental Evocation, Mystic Binding
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged calibrated energy weapon), Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell
Credits: 10

Allies:

eyzV416.png [Acts On His Own...but might hear you out.]
Officer In Distress

??? Cycles Old O'Kor'uk
Vitality: 4/8
Strength: 2
Skill: 3
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 2, Athletics 1, Intimidation 1, Survival 2
Credits: 20
Equipment:  Distinguished Corvanis Peacekeeper (Calibrated Energy Long Range Weapon), Riot Gear (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: Farsight Goggles, Steel Blade (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Plasma Potion x2

Edited by Endgame

17 hours ago, Endgame said:

The party rushes into the chamber and the O'Kor'uk police officer finally takes note of them. He scowls in their direction.

eyzV416.png

"Wastelanders!" He hisses. "You might as well leave me to the Enchidira. But you don't look like the locals... And that Rampart Shield..." The police officer murmurs, notcing Max's gear. "If you're the type that wants me dead, put me down so I don't have to go out to some fucking jellyfish. Otherwise, a little help would go a LONG way here."

"That's what we're counting on Sweetie, don't you go get your uniform all up in a bunch. Think you can handle the second (B) of the jellies from your current position?"

"Max, hun, can you get in range of that coolant pipe? Chilling the surrounding area here might make things a bit easier." Valesia begins to hum forming the sand around her into a piercing mote of an elemental bolt before sending it shooting towards Enchidirus A. "Soren, should we tag team the same enemy or spread our attacks?"

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Max, hun, can you get in range of that coolant pipe? Chilling the surrounding area here might make things a bit easier." Valesia begins to hum forming the sand around her into a piercing mote of an elemental bolt before sending it shooting towards Enchidirus 

"I can try, though i reckon it will take some maneuvering. And that range looks to be a bit longer than i'm used to, but if we get the B jelly out of the way i believe i can make the shot"

Can a ranged attack from E4 hit the coolant pipe? I'm a little unsure as to how line of sight works in this case.

42 minutes ago, Alix said:

"I can try, though i reckon it will take some maneuvering. And that range looks to be a bit longer than i'm used to, but if we get the B jelly out of the way i believe i can make the shot"

Can a ranged attack from E4 hit the coolant pipe? I'm a little unsure as to how line of sight works in this case.

MM Note: If I'm not mistaken, you can hit it from E4, but because it's 3 squares away instead of 2 (the optimal range of your Carbine), you'll be docked 1 success on your Weapon Check. You can hit it from there, you'd just be less effective.

4 hours ago, Alix said:

OoC: I'm ok if you want to spend this turn attacking an enemy and then move, so that you can move again next turn and attack the pipe at full efficiency.

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Max, hun, can you get in range of that coolant pipe? Chilling the surrounding area here might make things a bit easier." Valesia begins to hum forming the sand around her into a piercing mote of an elemental bolt before sending it shooting towards Enchidirus A. "Soren, should we tag team the same enemy or spread our attacks?"

I'd like to start taking down that bigger one, 'f I can.

Soren clenches his fist, gathering some cold energy but deciding that even with his advantage, it's going to be better to do this the old fashioned way, and fires his gun and Enchidirus Grande.

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

OoC: I'm ok if you want to spend this turn attacking an enemy and then move, so that you can move again next turn and attack the pipe at full efficiency.

OoC: I think i'll do that. It just feels like i'll get into melee if i move into my optimal range

6 hours ago, Alix said:

OoC: I think i'll do that. It just feels like i'll get into melee if i move into my optimal range

MM Note: So to clarify, which square are you moving to/which enemy would you like to target? :classic:

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

MM Note: So to clarify, which square are you moving to/which enemy would you like to target? :classic:

Max stays still and fires at Enchidirus B.

OoC: My idea is that once the B jelly is out of the way Max can move to that tile and from there fire at the pipe with full efficiency. Even though this will take a couple of turns, it seems like the only feasible way to do it.

MM Note: :thumbup:

On 11/11/2021 at 12:07 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"That's what we're counting on Sweetie, don't you go get your uniform all up in a bunch. Think you can handle the second (B) of the jellies from your current position?"

eyzV416.png

"...It would be poor taste for me to doubt the words of a Cladrasith," the officer states, taking a long look at Valesia and her appearance finally registering over the chaos of battle. "I will try. For all of our sakes, I shall pray you know what you're doing."

Round One of the Sandy Sunken Sub Skirmish:

Agents' Turn:

Max VS Enchidirus B: (6, 2, +1) vs (2) = 2 successes - 0 successes = 2 damage

Valesia hurls an Elemental Bolt at Enchidirus A: (3, 6, 4) = 2 successes + 1 success due to Elemental Weaknesses = 3 damage

Soren vs Enchidirus Grande: (6, 3, +2) vs (2, 6, +1) = 3 successes - 2 successes = 1 damage

Officer vs Enchidirus B: (6, 3, +2) vs (3, +1) = 3 success - 1 success = 2 damage

Oppositions' Turn:

Enchidirus Grande moves to D3 and unleashes an Accelerated Strike: (1, 3, 6) = 1 success = 1 damage, Soren is Frightened for 1 turn

Enchidirus B moves to B5 and strikes at the Officer: (1, 5, +1) vs (1, 4, 2, +1) = 2 successes - 2 success = 0 damage

Unknown Organism attacks Max: (2, +2) vs (3, 1, +1) = 2 successes - 1 success = 1 damage

Enchidirus A hurls an elemental bolt at Valesia: (5, 6) 2 successes, 2 damage

The party opens with a rather strong offensive! Max chooses to stay put until he can clear a path to the coolant pipe, landing a potshot on one of the lesser Enchidira. It recoils back as Valesia uses her magic to shape some of the coolant soaked sand into what was effectively a javelin, scoring a direct hit on the other lesser Enchidira. The force of the blast alone was nearly enough to finish it off. Soren takes on the devious Enchidirus Grande and manages to land a glancing shot, spraying a chunk of goldish goo on the wall of the sub. The police officer, no longer outnumbered, manages to center himself and blasts away at Enchidirus B.

But the creatures respond with force of their own. The apex Enchidirus didn't seem to take Soren's assault well. It drifts over to him, moving through the air like a beach ball before suddenly lunging at lightning fast speeds. The swiftness of the attack is enough to leave the agent shaken up. One of the blue jellyfish drifts over to the Officer, apparently frustrated by the last shot it took, and tries to bite him. The unknown organism reels back its whiplike tail and lashes at Max, managing to plant a few tiny barbs in one of his shoulders. Finally, the nearly dead Enchidirus A responds with an elemental blast of its own. It clicks its fangs together to generate an electrical current and spews it at Valesia, hitting the Cladrasith squarely in the chest.

eyzV416.png

"We can beat these things. Keep it up!"

The battle rages on!

The Battle Gird:

kNh9RI2.png

Foes:
8HL0oXk.png "Skree! SKREE!"
Enchidirus Grande [Intel: Weak to Cold! +1 successes towards any Elemental attack directed towards them]
Vitality: 7/11
Velocity: 3
Skill: 2
Spirit: 1/2
Equipment: Sharp Fangs (Standard Melee Kinetic Weapon), Golden Gelatinous Hide (Standard Energy/Kinetic Armor)

7kbVhZf.png "Globble... Glooble..."
Enchidirus A [Intel: Weak to Cold! +1 successes towards any Elemental attack directed towards them]
Vitality: 1/5

Drops: Nanite Elixir

7kbVhZf.png "Gluh... Skree..."
Enchidirus B [Intel: Weak to Cold! +1 successes towards any Elemental attack directed towards them]
Drops: Plasma Potion

MdJKVNX.png "..."

Xthlm5b.png
Rusted Coolant Pipe
Velocity: 0 (It's a pipe.)
Proficiencies: Getting coolant From Point A to Point B
Equipment: Sturdy Alloy (Reinforced (+3) Energy/Elemental Armor)
Upon Breaking: ???

The Agents

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Vitality: 5/6
Equipment:  D-KA Carbine (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Rampart Kinetic Shield (Standard Kinetic Armor), Energy Cell

Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
Vitality: 3/5
Spirit: 2/3
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Healing Light, Mystic Binding, Photonic Manipulation
Locker:

Soren Aeolus (The Legonater) *Frightened! 1 Turn!*
31-year-old male Human
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged calibrated energy weapon), Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell

Allies:

eyzV416.png "Damn thing! Back off!"
Officer In Distress
??? Cycles Old O'Kor'uk
Equipment:  Distinguished Corvanis Peacekeeper (Calibrated Energy Long Range Weapon), Riot Gear (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: Farsight Goggles, Steel Blade (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Plasma Potion x2

Edited by Endgame

6 hours ago, Endgame said:

MM Note: :thumbup:

eyzV416.png

"...It would be poor taste for me to doubt the words of a Cladrasith," the officer states, taking a long look at Valesia and her appearance finally registering over the chaos of battle. "I will try. For all of our sakes, I shall pray you know what you're doing."

"Don't worry Sweetie, we'll get these things cleared out of here in no time. Go for the big one, we'll clear out the smaller vermin." Valesia grimaces from the shock but manages to summon another mote of frozen earth and casts the same spell again at Enchidirus B.

"I'll try to dash forward to take out that pipe". The move he was about to make was risky, but Maximilian trusted his shield to protect him well enough while he took the shot. Not to mention that it seemed that the unknown creature's tail hit best with a little range between it and the target. Perhaps he'd be able to push out of the tail's optimal range.

Max moves to D5 and fires at the old Coolant Pipe.

(OoC: I can fire at the pipe despite being in melee range of some enemies right? Or does being in melee stop shooting from happening like in some rulesets?)

38 minutes ago, Alix said:

"I'll try to dash forward to take out that pipe". The move he was about to make was risky, but Maximilian trusted his shield to protect him well enough while he took the shot. Not to mention that it seemed that the unknown creature's tail hit best with a little range between it and the target. Perhaps he'd be able to push out of the tail's optimal range.

Max moves to D5 and fires at the old Coolant Pipe.

(OoC: I can fire at the pipe despite being in melee range of some enemies right? Or does being in melee stop shooting from happening like in some rulesets?)

OoC: If you shoot at a non-adjacent enemy when next to an adjacent enemy. That enemy gets a free attack against you.

Damn! That didn't go how I planned.

Keeping an eye on the leader, Soren retreats to B2 and then fires at Enchidrius A.

Sorry for the delays! It's been a crazy week on my end.

MM Note: No worries @The Legonater

Round Two of the Sandy Sunken Sub Skirmish:

Agents' Turn:

Max moves to D5, Max vs the Coolant Pipe: (6,1, +1) vs () = 2 successes - 0 successes = 2 damage. The Coolant Pipe breaks...

The room's temperature dips! All Enchidria's Skill plummets to zero! All Enchidria suffer -1 Velocity!

Unknown Organism VS Max (Opportunistic Attack): (3, +2, -1) VS (5, 3, +1) = 1 success - 2 successes = 0 damage.

Valesia hurls an Elemental Bolt at Enchidirus B: (6, 3, 2) = 1 success + 1 success due to Elemental Weaknesses = 2 damage, Enchidirus B defeated!

Soren moves to B2, Soren vs Enchidirus A (4, 2, 4, 2, +2) vs (+1) = 2 successes - 1 success = 1 damage, Enchidirus A defeated!

Officer vs Enchidirus Grande: (4, 5, +2) vs (+1) = 4 successes - 1 success = 3 damage

Oppositions' Turn:

Enchidirus Grande hurls an Elemental Bolt at the Officer: (6, 6, 1) = 2 successes - 0 armor =  2 damage

Unknown Organism moves to C4, Unknown Organism VS Soren: (4, +2) vs (3, 6, 2) = 3 successes - 1 success = 2 damage

Max spots a hole in the enemy formation and slips through the gap, positioning himself to blast a hole in the rusted coolant pipe. He succeeds, the bullet rupturing the old pipeline. Coolant spews out from the wall, causing the temperature in the room to plummet; not enough to impede the agents, but certainly enough to render the temperature sensitive Enchidira sluggish. Unable to effectively dodge any more, Valesia and Soren (despite his trembling hand) dispatch the two smaller Enchidira with ease. The strange organism spots an opportunity to attack Max, but the former Hydrocobalt miner knows what to expect this time, and successfully blocks the barbed tail. The agents' impressive offensive is capped by the police officer landing a brutal shot on the Enchidirus Grande.

However, the remaining enemies respond in kind. The last Enchidirus fires a brutal blast of electricity at the officer, and the strange green larva wises up. It chooses to pick on an unarmored combatant, lashing at Soren with its barbed tail. Soren tries to dodge but still takes the brunt of the blow. The enemies were thinned out, but damage was starting to accumulate.

The battle rages on!

The Battle Gird:

HfIx9rA.png

Foes:
8HL0oXk.png "Skreeeeurghhh..."
Vitality: 4/11
Velocity: 3 2
Skill: 2 0
Spirit: 0/2

MdJKVNX.png "...!!"

The Agents

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf

Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
Vitality: 3/5
Spirit: 1/3
Locker:

31-year-old male Human

Allies:

eyzV416.png "Aurgh... Couldn't get out of the way in time...!"
Officer In Distress
??? Cycles Old O'Kor'uk
Vitality: 2/8

Edited by Endgame

Alright, let's get this big one out, and then we hit that little one with as much firepower as we have. See if we can take it down without it running on us.

Soren moves to B1 and fires on the Enchidrius Grande.

"How are you two holding up?" Maximilian said looking at his teammates, before shifting his sight to the two foes between him and them.

Max moves to E5 and fires at the Enchidirus Grande

MM Note: Sorry Sixers! I couldn't get onto Eurobricks last night for some reason and we missed an update. Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Round Three of the Sandy Sunken Sub Skirmish:

Agents' Turn:

Max moves to E5 and shoots at Enchidirus Grande: (4, 5, +1) vs (+1) = 3 successes - 1 success = 2 damage.

Valesia casts sustaining healing on Soren: (5, 3, 2) =  1 vitality healed

Soren moves to B1 and fires on Enchidirus Grande: (4, 1, +2) vs (+1) = 3 successes - 1 success = 2 damage

Officer takes a plasma potion: 2 vitality restored!

Oppositions' Turn:

Unknown Organism moves to C3 and strikes at Valesia: (5, +2) vs (5, 6) = 3 successes - 2 successes = 1 damage

The agents take some time to patch themselves up, getting back into fighting shape. The Enchidirus Grande proves to be a much easier target with the temperature dropped, and is dispatched by Max and Soren in short order. The once mighty predator falls to the ground like a popped balloon. As the Officer downs a potion, the unknown organism shuffles over to Valesia and lashes at her with its tail, leaving her critically wounded. Hearing the fatal gunshot from Soren's handgun, though, the creature looks around and inhales.

MdJKVNX.png

"...I'm alone? Oh, this SUCKS!"

eyzV416.png

"Wait - you knew how to talk? This whole time?"

The battle rages on!

The Battle Gird:

SNM5X47.png

Foes:

MdJKVNX.png "Ugh..."

The Agents

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf

Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
Spirit: 0/3
Locker:

31-year-old male Human

Allies:

eyzV416.png "Seriously?"
Officer In Distress
??? Cycles Old O'Kor'uk

Edited by Endgame

OoC: Sustained healing heals Successes +1, so Soren should have gotten 2 Vitality back. :wink:

"Well that certainly smarts," Valesia grits her teeth through the pain, trying to persuade the sentient being. "You'd best be giving up now, you're outnumbered."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

OoC: Sustained healing heals Successes +1, so Soren should have gotten 2 Vitality back. :wink:

"Well that certainly smarts," Valesia grits her teeth through the pain, trying to persuade the sentient being. "You'd best be giving up now, you're outnumbered."

Valesia's persuasion attempt: (2, 3, 4) vs DC 3 - Failed

The strange creature hisses at Valesia.

image.png.4e305af9446a09299523317239a1a41a.png 

"Things were going fine until you jerks stepped in here! It's not my fault the Enchidira need a jacket!" Something about the creature's voice sounded distinctly... whiny. This wasn't a mature organism in any sense of the word.

45 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Soren peers at the little creature, trying to gain insight into its intentions or fears.

Soren's Insight Check: (4, 5, 5, 3) vs DC 3: Success!

It was hard to know the mannerisms of a creature Soren had never seen before, but something about the wormlike larva seemed slighted and angry. Seeing as it was lashing out at the O'Kor'uk before the party even got there, it seemed reasonable that the creature's ire was directed at him... at least initially.

image.png

"What are you looking at, flyboy, never seen a Progg before? I bet you're an even crappier driver than that guy in the dumb hat."