Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #6: We Now Interrupt This Broadcast

Recommended Posts

Glenn grits his teeth as the party puts their plan into motion. It was now or never, with the outcrop of rock rapidly approaching!

The start of the tricky maneuver all hinges on Soren being able to pull off the turn properly. He takes the controls and makes a hard left, the suspension in the skiff screeching as the turn is made:

Proficiency Check: Piloting (5, 5, 6, 2, 3) 3 successes vs DC 2: the turn is made!

Proficiency Check: Piloting Pt. 2 (1, 1, 2, 5, 4) 1 successes vs DC 2: ...a bit roughly!

Soren manages to avoid head on collision with the rock for the front skiff. It's not the cleanest turn in the world, and the action jostles the party around a bit, causing them to sustain a bit of minor bruising.

Next up was Valesia. Soren's turn had averted loss of life but the cargo didn't have hands to hold onto the guard rails with. Channeling her connection with Nature Valesia casts Mystic Binding:

Spell Check: (5, 1, 6) 2 successes, vines bind tightly to all cargo!

Even in the wastelands Valesia's power functions. Vines spring into action and coil around the antenna, locking them into place well enough. Now there was only the question of the back skiff: the front skiff's cargo was protected by Soren's driving and Valesia's vines, but the sharp turn caused the towed vehicle to swing towards the outcrop of rock: Maximilian's talent with his shield projector would have to bail out the back skiff.

Maximilian's Strength Check: (5, 5, 6): 3 successes vs DC 2, the shield projector and Maximilian hold strong!

Maximilian's experience with the shield projector manages to protect the swerving towed skiff. It scrapes against the rock and sprays sparks, suffering a bit of chipped paint, but otherwise makes it through unscathed.

Other than getting a bit jostled, the agents cooperated and made it around the obstacle and out of the storm. They all gain 1 character point from the experience.

The Agents

1340555818_Heroica2.png.af8199e345ea7c34257ea18ab20b6688.png

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Character Points: 1/11
Vitality: 5/6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Explosives 2, Occult 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Credits: 10
Equipment:  D-KA Carbine (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Rampart Kinetic Shield (Standard Kinetic Armor), Energy Cell
Inventory: Empty
Locker:  Empty

51233820556_180a0dba60_t.jpg
Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
110 Year Old Female Cladrasith
Character Points: 1/14
Vitality: 4/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2/3
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 1, Nature 3
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Healing Light, Mystic Binding, Photonic Manipulation
Credits: 65
Equipment: Holo-scroll, Chef's Kit (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Inventory: Ætherbrew, Essence of Precaution, Plasma Potion
Locker:

189444369_933832327392718_3084432536823807458_n.jpg
Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)
31-year-old male Human
Character Points: 2/16
Vitality: 4/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2
Proficiencies: Nature 1, Insight 1, Piloting 2, Short-Range Weapons 2
Spells: Elemental Evocation, Mystic Binding
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged calibrated energy weapon), Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Plasma Potion
Credits: 10

Glenn signals when to stop as the agents escape the storm.

OfmyYlh.png

"Here, pull over here, son."

Glenn, too motivated for his own good, begins to set up his camp. He requires a bit of help to get the tent and his computer terminal out of the skiff, but otherwise is quickly set up.

GDNvEU0.png

He rolls out his shoulders.

OfmyYlh.png

"I'm sore, but aren't I always, and the paint job on one of the skiffs got marked up, but that thing always looked like it came out of a dump. We made back the time we lost by your pilot droid being late, so I would say that was a pretty worthwhile endeavor, going through that storm. Thanks for not getting us killed."

"If you recall the map I showed you before, we're at Point A right now. You need to take the skiffs and set up the antenna at points C and D to-"

YFQbt81.png

" .. -. ...- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / .-- .- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- --- - .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- . ...- . .-. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- "

Glenn's barely portable field terminal begins beeping and chittering. The signal, again.

OfmyYlh.png

"...We're closer. We can hear it more, maybe hear it better..."

 

 

Edited by Endgame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soren glances over his shoulder and flashes a grin as the crew bumpily passes the outcrop. What did I tell you? Not a problem.

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

He rolls out his shoulders.

OfmyYlh.png

"We made back the time we lost by your pilot droid being late, so I would say that was a pretty worthwhile endeavor, going through that storm. Thanks for not getting us killed."

What can I say? I'm good at my job.

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

OfmyYlh.png

"If you recall the map I showed you before, we're at Point A right now. You need to take the skiffs and set up the antenna at points C and D to-"

Are we splitting up, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Endgame said:

Proficiency Check: Piloting Pt. 2 (1, 1, 2, 5, 4) 1 successes vs DC 2: ...a bit roughly!

OoC: So by my count, Soren actually rolled 2 Successes (5 & 4) unless I'm missing something.

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Soren glances over his shoulder and flashes a grin as the crew bumpily passes the outcrop. What did I tell you? Not a problem.

"Nicely done Soren, to think we ever doubted you!"

As the Cladrasith summons the securing vines, she smiles inwardly, even in this desolate place hope and life still managed to survive.

Bracing herself for a crash into the rocky outcrop, she shouts with surprise as Max deftly deflects with his trusty shield.

"Seems you can take the soldier out of the battlefield, but you can't take the battlefield out of the soldier. Excellently accomplished Max!"

4 hours ago, Endgame said:

"If you recall the map I showed you before, we're at Point A right now. You need to take the skiffs and set up the antenna at points C and D to-"

YFQbt81.png

" .. -. ...- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / .-- .- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- --- - .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- . ...- . .-. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- "

Glenn's barely portable field terminal begins beeping and chittering. The signal, again.

OfmyYlh.png

"...We're closer. We can hear it more, maybe hear it better..."

Valesia listens intently trying to determine if there is any code or pattern to the message.

"Quite spooky. Are you sure you'll be alright out here on your own Glenn?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Legonater said:

What can I say? I'm good at my job.

Are we splitting up, then?

Maximilian steps down from the skiff and takes a knee breathing a sigh of relief. "That was close". Then he walks up to Soren giving him a friendly pat on the back. "I don't think good even begins to describe it. Considering the time we won back by going through that storm, i believe it'd be wiser if we stayed together and went to points C and D one at a time."

11 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Seems you can take the soldier out of the battlefield, but you can't take the battlefield out of the soldier. Excellently accomplished Max!"

Maximilian gave a faint smile "Yeah i suppose you are right. Your vines were a sight to behold aswell. I don't think i have ever seen a mage using powers akin to yours."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

OoC: So by my count, Soren actually rolled 2 Successes (5 & 4) unless I'm missing something.

"Nicely done Soren, to think we ever doubted you!"

As the Cladrasith summons the securing vines, she smiles inwardly, even in this desolate place hope and life still managed to survive.

Bracing herself for a crash into the rocky outcrop, she shouts with surprise as Max deftly deflects with his trusty shield.

"Seems you can take the soldier out of the battlefield, but you can't take the battlefield out of the soldier. Excellently accomplished Max!"

Valesia listens intently trying to determine if there is any code or pattern to the message.

"Quite spooky. Are you sure you'll be alright out here on your own Glenn?"

MM Note: So he did! You'll all have the 1 HP returned to you. Y'all still scratched up the paint, though. :tongue:

Valesia wasn't one for technology, but she could still exercise a little bit of insight whilst listening...

Insight Check: (4, 2, 4, 1) 2 successes vs DC 3 check: Failed

Valesia can't quite crack the code or discern the exact pattern, but has a vague hunch that the long and short beeps are not entirely random.

At the question, Glenn pulls out two final items from his bag: a pistol and a flare gun.

OfmyYlh.png

"I'll be fine. I need to be here at my terminal to nail this thing's source down. And I'd barely call this equipment portable, so I can't go with you folks anyway. Believe it or not I do have a little bit of experience with a firearm," he says gruffly. "If I crack the signal's source, which you shouldn't expect me to do until you set up both antennas, or I end up getting gnawed on my Molgerawns, I'll fire off a signal flare. Watch the sky for blue smoke and double back here if and when you see it. Preferably with a little haste, especially if the Molgerawn scenario comes up."

15 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Soren glances over his shoulder and flashes a grin as the crew bumpily passes the outcrop. What did I tell you? Not a problem.

What can I say? I'm good at my job.

Are we splitting up, then?

OfmyYlh.png

"I agree you are. The paint job may not," Glenn says gruffly. Maybe he was just making a joke.

"I'm bunkering up here, if that's what you mean by splitting up. If you folks want to divide into teams and head to Points C and D separately, I mean, you could, but at that point one of you would be going solo, and that could be awful dangerous. Wouldn't really recommend it. These wastelands ain't friendly. If you decide to stick together just take both skiffs to one place, or I can tie 'em together and you can tow one again, if only one of ya feels like driving."

1 hour ago, Alix said:

Maximilian steps down from the skiff and takes a knee breathing a sigh of relief. "That was close". Then he walks up to Soren giving him a friendly pat on the back. "I don't think good even begins to describe it. Considering the time we won back by going through that storm, i believe it'd be wiser if we stayed together and went to points C and D one at a time."

Maximilian gave a faint smile "Yeah i suppose you are right. Your vines were a sight to behold aswell. I don't think i have ever seen a mage using powers akin to yours."

OfmyYlh.png

"Not horrible intuition, boy. Just as a reminder, Point C is by the water, and Point D is by the derelict sub. Each skiff has a device with the coordinates coded into it that'll ping as you approach the spot you need to set up the transponder. That's literally all the device can do, though. Don't expect a state of the art nav system. Corvanis Comms doesn't have the budget for those kinda of bells and whistles."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alix said:

Then he walks up to Soren giving him a friendly pat on the back. "I don't think good even begins to describe it. Considering the time we won back by going through that storm, i believe it'd be wiser if we stayed together and went to points C and D one at a time."

'At's a good call; do we have any preference which point we hit first?

48 minutes ago, Endgame said:

OfmyYlh.png

"If you decide to stick together just take both skiffs to one place, or I can tie 'em together and you can tow one again, if only one of ya feels like driving."

If it's all the same to you, I think it best we keep the skiffs together. Clearly having 'em tied up together ain't much a deterrent to my piloting, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

'At's a good call; do we have any preference which point we hit first?

"Can't say i have any, what about you Valesia?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.