Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #6: We Now Interrupt This Broadcast

20 hours ago, Endgame said:

"Plasma potions? Hardly sporting, Miner. But you seem a bit too durable to harm at this range - something about that armor. Let's try this instead."

"Who said anything about this being a sport?"

Max stays still and fires at Invictus

Versus Invictus, Round Four

Agents' Turn:

Valesia retreats to F1 and downs an Aetherbrew: 4 + 3 = 7 Spirit restored!

Glenn stays put and provides cover fire versus Invictus: (6, 1, +2) vs (6) = 3 successes - 1 success = 2 damage

Soren moves to B1 and casts Hampering Hold: (5) = 1 success = Invictus Restrained for 1 round, -1 spirit

Max holds his ground and fires on Invictus: (5, 6, +1) vs (3) = 3 successes - 0 successes = 3 damage

Invictus' Turn:

Invictus casts pulling point on Max, dragging him to B4: (3) - (+1) = 0 successes - 1 success = 0 damage, -1 spirit.

Invictus lunges with his Conqueror's Talons: (4, 6, 4, +1) vs (4, 2, +1) = 4 successes vs 2 successes = 2 damage

An Aetherbrew has Valesia feeling in tune with the harmonies of the desert, even with Invictus' insidious static scraping against her eardrum. Soren proves he has some magic tricks of his own. Channeling his connection to nature, brisk desert wind swirls around the warbot's legs, crystallizing into a restrictive sheathe of ice. He has no choice but to sit nice and still as Max and Glenn plug him full of bullets. invictus looks at Soren with some consternation.

mAwLBYG.png

"You four. Full of surprise."

2 hours ago, Alix said:

"Who said anything about this being a sport?"

mAwLBYG.png

"...You know, you have a good head on your shoulders, Elf. You're right. So why am I still playing fair?"

Invictus clenches his fist and lets a gravity sink pull Max in. With a grunt of exertion Invictus shatters his ice shackles, and in a flash lunges for Max. His swift kick is met with Max's rampart shield, but his talons sink into the shield and grab it. With another hiss of effort Invictus lifts Max off the ground and slams him back down, pinning him beneath his own shield for a moment with his foot.

mAwLBYG.png

"Give up. Let me silence the AI. It's not too late," Invictus urges, leaning over to look Max in the eye as he keeps him prone in the sand.Not wanting to be left a sitting target, Invictus disengages and hops back. He was starting to show some physical damage.

The Battle Rages On!

The Battle Grid:

g24wjJ4.png

The Opposition

mAwLBYG.png "..."
Invictus - "HARBINGER" Shell
Vitality: 14/26
Velocity: 1
Strength: 5
Skill: 1
Smarts: 5
Spirit: 1/5
Proficiencies: Arcana 1, Melee Weapons 3, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 3, Acrobatics 2, Intimidation 4, Explosives 1
Spells: Elemental Evocation, Gravity Sink, Sonic Sweep, Quantum Transposition
Equipment: Conqueror's Talons (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Inventory: UVB-76 Static Cannon (Calibrated Long Range Energy Weapon - enables use of the Static Storm ability)
Drops: ???
Passive Abilities:
Phantom of Nendara: Invictus gets two Actions per round.
Static Storm: Invictus can spend an Action making an antenna Static Charged, if it is within the range of his Static Cannon. He is immune to the resulting blasts.

The Agents

1340555818_Heroica2.png.af8199e345ea7c34257ea18ab20b6688.png

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Character Points: 3/12
Vitality: 3/6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Explosives 2, Occult 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Credits: 10
Equipment:  D-KA Carbine (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Energy Cell, Golden Gel Hide (Standard Kinetic/Energy Armor)
Inventory: 2 Hydrocobalt Shards, Rampart Kinetic Shield (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Locker:  Empty

51233820556_180a0dba60_t.jpg
Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
110 Year Old Female Cladrasith
Character Points: 3/15
Vitality: 4/5
Strength: 1
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 1, Nature 3
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Healing Light, Mystic Binding, Photonic Manipulation
Credits: 70
Equipment: Holo-scroll, Chef's Kit (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Inventory: Essence of Precaution, Nanite Elixir
Locker:

189444369_933832327392718_3084432536823807458_n.jpg
Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)
31-year-old male Human
Character Points: 4/17
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 1/2
Proficiencies: Nature 1, Insight 1, Piloting 2, Short-Range Weapons 2
Spells: Elemental Evocation, Mystic Binding
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged calibrated energy weapon), Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell
Inventory:  Whip Tail (Calibrated Short-Range Kinetic Weapon)
Credits: 10

OfmyYlh.png "Max, that was a hell of a hit, you gonna be okay?"
Glenn Harmondon
64 year old Undead
Vitality: 5/7
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Technology 3, Short Range Weapons 2, Arcana 1
Spells: Warding Bond
Equipment: Empire Army Standard Issue Handgun (Calibrated Kinetic Short Range weapon), Kevlar Vest (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: Plasma Potion x3, Emergency Flares

6 hours ago, Endgame said:

mAwLBYG.png

"Give up. Let me silence the AI. It's not too late," Invictus urges, leaning over to look Max in the eye as he keeps him prone in the sand.

Soren scoffs.

'Not too late? We've got you pinned down 'nd low on Spirit. It's jus' a matter of time, maybe you should give up.

He moves to B2 and fires at Invictus.

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Soren scoffs.

'Not too late? We've got you pinned down 'nd low on Spirit. It's jus' a matter of time, maybe you should give up.

He moves to B2 and fires at Invictus.

mAwLBYG.png

"Give up, huh. Surrender myself to the oligarchs of Savior City. Enter their custody. Have them dissect this body, reverse engineer the blue prints, churn out consumer grade copies of me for private security purposes within the next cycle," Invictus muses. "I'll pass. If you beat me and drag my carcass back with you as evidence, my parts go to the highest bidder and the exact same scenario plays out." Invictus shakes his head. "If there's two things people can't resist, it's a chance to profit and a shiny new weapon to point at their enemies."

Invictus plants his feet, hand on his arm cannon. "Just throwing out a theory or two. One thing is for certain... things around here get interesting if I fail to dispose of you four, here and now." Invictus laughs morbidly. It sounded distorted and off kilter, like his voice was being pushed through an electric sieve.

21 hours ago, Endgame said:

"Max, that was a hell of a hit, you gonna be okay?"

Max struggled up, first rising to one knee and only then being able to stand up. His head was pounding, he could feel bruises all over his body from being kicked down and despite Invictus having retreated his chest still felt like it pressed on his lungs.

"Y-yea i'll live." Max gathered his thoughts for a second as pain turned into resolve. "But i'm reserving those legs. I'll rip them out and take them home as trophies"

Maximilian backs off to A3 and fires and Invictus

41 minutes ago, Alix said:

Max struggled up, first rising to one knee and only then being able to stand up. His head was pounding, he could feel bruises all over his body from being kicked down and despite Invictus having retreated his chest still felt like it pressed on his lungs.

"Y-yea i'll live." Max gathered his thoughts for a second as pain turned into resolve. "But i'm reserving those legs. I'll rip them out and take them home as trophies"

Maximilian backs off to A3 and fires and Invictus

OfmyYlh.png

"You know, lad, we might just be able to arrange that. Let's get him!"

Versus Invictus, Round Six

Agents' Turn:

Valesia casts Sustaining Healing on Max: (3, 1, 5, +1) = 2 successes = 2 vitality healed for Max, -1 spirit for Valesia

Glenn holds his ground and attacks Invictus: (5, 3, +2) vs (4) = 3 successes - 1 success = 2 damage

Soren moves to B2 and shoots invictus: (5) = (1, 4, +2) vs (5) = 3 successes - 1 success = 2 damage

Max backpedals to A3 and shoots Invictus: (6, 2, +1) vs (5) = 2 successes - 1 success = 1 damage

Invictus' Turn:

Invictus marches to B3 and attacks Soren: (2, 4, 1, +1) vs (1, 1, 5) = 2 successes - 1 success = 1 damage to Soren

Invictus strikes at Soren again: (5, 6, 3, +1) vs (1, 3, 2) = 3 successes - 0 successes = 3 damage to Soren

Max could feel some of the ache start to alleviate as Valesia healed him, but his bruises remained. A round from Glenn's gun rips off a chunk of Invictus' shoulder, and another shot from Soren lodges itself in his arm cannon. The warbot almost manages to dodge Max's cover fire, but it just barely grazes him. Still unimpeded, the robot is finally given free reign, able to march up next to Soren and swipe at him with his talons. The first swipe barely manages to leave a gash on Soren's face, and the second lunge lets Invictus clamp down on Soren's shoulder with one of his claws, crunching one of his bones.

The party was starting to look a bit ragged, but the static in Invictus' helmet was stuttering and freezing up. He was getting worse for wear too.

The Battle Rages On!

The Battle Grid:

2pUX55H.png

The Opposition

mAwLBYG.png " -.. .- -- -. / .. - .-.-.- / - .... .- - / -.. .. -.. -. .----. - / ..-. .. -. .. ... .... / .... .. -- .-.-.-"
Vitality: 9/26
Proficiencies: Arcana 1, Melee Weapons 3, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 3, Acrobatics 2, Intimidation 4, Explosives 1
Inventory: UVB-76 Static Cannon (Calibrated Long Range Energy Weapon - enables use of the Static Storm ability)
Passive Abilities:
Static Storm: Invictus can spend an Action making an antenna Static Charged, if it is within the range of his Static Cannon. He is immune to the resulting blasts.

The Agents

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Vitality: 5/6
Equipment:  D-KA Carbine (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Energy Cell, Golden Gel Hide (Standard Kinetic/Energy Armor)
Inventory: 2 Hydrocobalt Shards, Rampart Kinetic Shield (Standard Kinetic Armor)

Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
Spirit: 2/3
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Healing Light, Mystic Binding, Photonic Manipulation
Locker:

31-year-old male Human
Vitality: 1/5
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged calibrated energy weapon), Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell

OfmyYlh.png "Soren, you have to hang on, we're so close."
Glenn Harmondon
64 year old Undead
Equipment: Empire Army Standard Issue Handgun (Calibrated Kinetic Short Range weapon), Kevlar Vest (Standard Kinetic Armor)

Soren spits out blood, reeling from the attack. 

'That all you got, you metal bastard? 

He limps back to B1, gun in hand, firing at Invictus.

Valesia, bust our your big guns; don't bother healing me. We take this thing down here and now

“If you go down sweetie we are going to be in trouble, I hope you know what you are doing. Glenn, be a dear and shoot that bot, off of Soren can ya?” Valesia focuses her energies on channeling the natural harmonies around her into a living cascade of thorns, slamming as an elemental bolt into Invictus. “You wish us to assume the worst of other’s motives yet demand we trust yours, not? No, this ends here.”

21 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Valesia, bust our your big guns; don't bother healing me. We take this thing down here and now

Maximilian would have liked to not take risks like the one Soren was taking, but his hand was forced. Now they really had to hit their shots.

Max moves to A5 and fires at Invictus

MM Note: Hi sixers, got my booster shot today and am a bit under the weather - the round will be ran tomorrow!

MM Note: Sorry about that! I feel a bit better now.

Versus Invictus, Round Seven

Agents' Turn:

Valesia casts Elemental Bolt against Invictus: (6, 2, 3) = 1 successes - 0 armor = 1 damage, -1 spirit for Valesia.

Glenn shoots at Invictus: (1, 6, +2) vs (5) = 3 successes - 1 success = 2 damage

Soren backpedals to B1 and fires at Invictus: (3, 6, +2) vs (4) = 3 successes - 1 successes = 2 damage

Max backpedals to A5 and shoots Invictus: (6, 6, +1) vs (1) = 3 successes - 0 success = 3 damage

Invictus' Turn:

Invictus marches to B2 and attacks Soren: (2, 4, 1, +1) vs (5, 5, 6) = 3 successes - 3 successes = 0 damage to Soren

Invictus strikes at Soren again: (5, 1, 2, +1) vs (2, 2, 5) = 2 successes - 1 successes = 1 damage to Soren, Soren rendered unstable.

The party opts for an all out offensive., trying to put the warbot down for good. Valesia's barrage of thorns don't entirely find the mark, Invictus managing to dodge much of the shrapnel, but his tall frame proves to be easy target practice for Glenn, Soren, and Max. Max unleashes what would've and should've been the killshot, but the warbot hangs on by a thread, smoke emitting from its chest cavity. Servos gnashing and screaming, Invictus walks over to Soren to see if he can finish the job. He lunges once, viciously, the critically wounded hero somehow riposting the blow. It's the second attack where Invictus gets Soren by the neck, and with a single squeeze of his talons, the agent falls.

mAwLBYG.png

"...It hardly matters," Invictus says, looking over Soren's body as he drops it to the ground like a ragdoll. "I'm going to lose. I'm going to... Lose. Hah. When was the last time..." Invictus seems to remember something, and then briefly falls silent. "Well. I'll just have to start preparing for round two is all..."

MM Note: Normally I would autoroll here, since victory is in hand, but with Soren's KO I'll let you roleplay/decide who is stabilizing him.

The Battle Nears Its Conclusion!

The Battle Grid:

LMFO7am.png

The Opposition

mAwLBYG.png ". . ."
Vitality: 1/26
Passive Abilities:

The Agents

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf

Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
Spirit: 1/3
Locker:

Soren Aeolus (The Legonater) *Unstable! 3/3 Rounds Remain*
31-year-old male Human
Vitality: 0/5

OfmyYlh.png "No!"
Glenn Harmondon
64 year old Undead

At first Max is happy with himself, having unleashed a devastating salvo on the warbot, but then he realizes that Invictus isn't stopping. He can only watch in horror as the Phantom of Nendara brutally wounds Soren. 

"Soren!... Valesia can you get to him? I have nothing left to help him with." Turning to Invictus Max shouts "Round two? How's this for a round two?" and begins firing repeatedly at the robot. 

3 hours ago, Alix said:

At first Max is happy with himself, having unleashed a devastating salvo on the warbot, but then he realizes that Invictus isn't stopping. He can only watch in horror as the Phantom of Nendara brutally wounds Soren. 

"Soren!... Valesia can you get to him? I have nothing left to help him with." Turning to Invictus Max shouts "Round two? How's this for a round two?" and begins firing repeatedly at the robot. 

Valesia gasps as she watches one of her companions go down for the first time, the melody of his life force growing softer. "No, no, no. Hang on Soren!" Valesia begins weaving a casting of Sustaining Healing, "Glenn, continue firing, blast that sodding thing out of here."

As life flows back into his lungs, Soren sputters, grabbing his gun and firing it at Invictus as soon as he can. If Invictus is dead, he fires at the bot's husk anyways.

Damn near workedhe coughed, his voice hoarse.

Versus Invictus, Round Eight

Agents' Turn:

Valesia casts Sustaining Healing on Soren: (5, 2, 6) = 2 successes = 2 vitality returned to Soren, Soren stable and awake, -1 spirit to Valesia

Glenn goes for the decisive hit on Invictus: (4, 6, +2) vs (3) = 4 successes - 0 successes = 4 damage, Invictus destroyed

Soren and Max continue to spray Invictus with bullets as he falls

The battle was all but in hand. Valesia had one task left in this bout, to help her fallen comrade up. Valesia could hear Soren's life force seep away, but in his damaged state, Invictus didn't emit as much dissonance. The Cladrasith is able to focus and bring Soren back to consciousness as Glenn steadies his hand. With one last decisive shot to the chest, Invictus' legs buckle, and, he drops to his knees.

mAwLBYG.png
"I see." The warbot sounded oddly at peace. "Until next time. I'm sure we'll meet again... again. Again, again, again, again, -again, -again, -again, -again, -agai-"

His voice was skipping like a record, the static growing louder, louder, louder, before Soren and Max unload the rest of their clips into the body of the battle machine. Invictus falls to the sand, servos popping and wires bursting, letting out a low series of beeps and tones before powering down for good.

mAwLBYG.png

" -.. .- -- -. / -.-- --- ..- --..-- / .- -. -.. / -.. .- -- -. / - .... . / .... .- ...- --- -.-. / -.-- --- ..- .----. .-.. .-.. / -... .-. .. -. --. / - --- / - .... . / .- .-. -- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- "

The agents stood. Wounded, but victorious. All agents gain 2 Character Points!

Party, Please Distribute The Loot:

CRyJOyIuttJ6kRulTWE_kdFXqsStiHGYlcp1TUXfyyFjNjfrYG9xKJ9yrc_QDxjDLt22ZUKH8XcpdZ8NcAuUsFy3KjoQ7-XQbEoTt4O6Br1nIabnQ8tRDjm2qr6jrYzQksyz0CMc Adrenaline Decoction: (Consumable) Used as part of the Attack Action, grants a second attack

It seems that the warbot relied at least partially on some sort of Adrenaline Decoction based fuel source to enable his relentless aggression.

uQzb2_ciofHHwG7TWpkpj8F8tDKS8hyojex-JizfWvLYTtUY9bJq9MroKvJf8dSaaP_YO294UKseSNb6sBZAgnuMP1C9K8YyBrj0L-ODGQo0EpN7huiL4q0x5mCMGHZp9GNBbrME AV Rig: (Tool) Grants +1 Intimidation or Performance Success

Salvaged from the chassis of the Invictus - "HARBINGER" Shell. Added to his intimidating presence, surely.

aVaAK2vWzEL9_cpPxUuDJ5YLa2dfIcHkxe_h6RnXomm2PH3kvk63gjaSFpR4_dX8NjSYwxEHmeYU1SQ4pGa69MoXnhDJ1iKXFtxQiARMwMXIURjOvCgQVuXnglBjXRDQeLJpRbdP Holo-Scroll: (Tool) Grants 1 extra known Spell

Warbots were not typically so capable of tapping into the Arcane, but it seemed Invictus knew this and equipped himself appropriately.

IzzyxGc.pngConqueror's Talon: Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon

A broken, severed leg from Invictus' body. The pneumatic tubes are too damaged to enable his signature crushing lunges, but the thing is still hefty enough to club someone over the head with.

The Agents:

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Character Points: 5/12

Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
Character Points: 5/15
Spirit: 1/3
Locker:

31-year-old male Human
Character Points: 5/17
Vitality: 2/5

--------------------------------------------------------------

The day won, a weary Glenn walks over to sit on an outcrop of rock near one of the ruined antennae.

OfmyYlh.png
"If you told me back during the days where I was serving for the Empire, that I would meet Invictus... I would've thought I was dead. And not like this," Glenn says, signalling to his gray complexion and laughing. "You three had me scared for a second when he was first pitching his story. Glad to see we got it together. What now?"

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

The day won, a weary Glenn walks over to sit on an outcrop of rock near one of the ruined antennae.

OfmyYlh.png
"If you told me back during the days where I was serving for the Empire, that I would meet Invictus... I would've thought I was dead. And not like this," Glenn says, signalling to his gray complexion and laughing. "You three had me scared for a second when he was first pitching his story. Glad to see we got it together. What now?"

Of those drops, I'm most interested in the decoction, by and by. 

The pilot glanced at the dilapidated hulk. I guess you take this into the city, 'rip it into parts 'nd see what you can find. As for the three of us, I believe we're 'bout done here?

16 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Of those drops, I'm most interested in the decoction, by and by. 

The pilot glanced at the dilapidated hulk. I guess you take this into the city, 'rip it into parts 'nd see what you can find. As for the three of us, I believe we're 'bout done here?

OfmyYlh.png

"More or less. I don't see any reason why this mission isn't successful. We opened a whole damn big can of worms with this one, but that's how it goes, I suppose. We can head back into the bunker to check on - what name did you give it, Perry? But otherwise... ship this husk back to Savior City and it's a done deal." Glenn looks over the warbot's corpse. "We gotta keep a lot of it for evidence, so no pilfering the arm cannon, but, hell, the thing has two legs. Might as well let you folks take one of 'em."

Valesia watches as Invictus finally goes quiet, the static in the air and in her spirit finally clearing. The Cladrasith takes a moment to meditate, "Soren Hun, do you require more healing? That was a nasty hit you took back there." Valesia wipes away the sand and dust from her skirts, "Glenn, good shooting. You've brought a semblance of peace hopefully to yourself and others. I'd recommend we head back into the bunker and obtain the storage device." Moving toward the corpse of the robot she assess the Holo-scroll and the Talon"I'd be content to ensure either of these find a better use. Max any preferences, dear?"

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

OfmyYlh.png

"We can head back into the bunker to check on - what name did you give it, Perry?"

Right. We should ensure the systems are all functioning, 'n spite of Invictus' intereference.

51 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Soren Hun, do you require more healing? That was a nasty hit you took back there." 

The pilot shrugs.

I'm not gonna make you exert yourself if you don't feel the need to. I can probably manage all right by myself.

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Valesia watches as Invictus finally goes quiet, the static in the air and in her spirit finally clearing. The Cladrasith takes a moment to meditate, "Soren Hun, do you require more healing? That was a nasty hit you took back there." Valesia wipes away the sand and dust from her skirts, "Glenn, good shooting. You've brought a semblance of peace hopefully to yourself and others. I'd recommend we head back into the bunker and obtain the storage device." Moving toward the corpse of the robot she assess the Holo-scroll and the Talon"I'd be content to ensure either of these find a better use. Max any preferences, dear?"

"I'd quite like to get the Talon, having made too close of an acquaintance with it i feel like i've earned it"

Edited by Alix

"Alright then, Soren feel free to dispose of the rig if you wish. Let's get to that bunker."

Loot:
Soren - Adrenaline Decotion, AV Rig
Max - Conqueror's Talon
Valesia - Holoscroll

22 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Right. We should ensure the systems are all functioning, 'n spite of Invictus' intereference.

OfmyYlh.png

"Mm. Gotta make sure the poor bastard is still alive. I'll stay here to watch the body. If you hear gunshots, come back. We don't want anybody swiping this evidence out from under us."

23 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Glenn, good shooting. You've brought a semblance of peace hopefully to yourself and others. I'd recommend we head back into the bunker and obtain the storage device."

OfmyYlh.png

"Peace? Hell, I don't know what I'm feeling. It gives me a sinking feeling in my gut that he's still out there, and looking at his corpse is giving me agita. But on the other hand... If he's still out there, we can make him pay. That isn't peace. But it is purpose, and that's still something."

"It might take specialized equipment to get all of him out of there, you know. Stuff I don't have but myself or others could come back with later. Unfortunately with this old Empire tech, it's not always as simple as just ripping it out of the wall and throwing it in the skiff. I'd like to reiterate that you all did your duty. And more, really, considering who we just beat. The mission is a success. If you check on Perry now we can come back for him soon."

7 hours ago, Alix said:

"I'd quite like to get the Talon, having made too close of an acquaintance with it i feel like i've earned it"

OfmyYlh.png

"You fought good, son. Could've made a hell of a solider. I think Heroica won't mind keeping you around."

The party doles out the spoils of war.

The Agents:

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Character Points: 5/12
Vitality: 6/6
Inventory: 2 Hydrocobalt Shards, Rampart Kinetic Shield (Standard Kinetic Armor), Conqueror's Talon (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)

Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
Character Points: 5/15
Spirit: 3/3
Equipment: Holo-scroll, Chef's Kit (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Holoscroll
Locker:

31-year-old male Human
Character Points: 5/17
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged calibrated energy weapon), Farsight Goggles, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell
Inventory:  Whip Tail (Calibrated Short-Range Kinetic Weapon), Adrenaline Decotion, AV Rig,Hacking Chip

The bunker is a bit easier to navigate the second time around. Going back through its depths again, the agents are reassured to see red light spilling out of the corridor. The emergency power kicked back on, that was a good sign.

dVfvH43.png

There's a low mechanical whirr, a series of beeps, and then Perry's hologram arm re-emerges from the wall.

bpE5Bpz.png

"<<Confirm iden-iden-identification. Soren. Max. And - Valesia-ia-ia? Issuing apologies for vocal g-g-glitching. Apology issued.>>"

He wasn't dead. Very clearly worse for wear, but not dead.

31 minutes ago, Endgame said:

OfmyYlh.png

"Peace? Hell, I don't know what I'm feeling. It gives me a sinking feeling in my gut that he's still out there, and looking at his corpse is giving me agita. But on the other hand... If he's still out there, we can make him pay. That isn't peace. But it is purpose, and that's still something."

"It might take specialized equipment to get all of him out of there, you know. Stuff I don't have but myself or others could come back with later. Unfortunately with this old Empire tech, it's not always as simple as just ripping it out of the wall and throwing it in the skiff. I'd like to reiterate that you all did your duty. And more, really, considering who we just beat. The mission is a success. If you check on Perry now we can come back for him soon."

"Purpose then, dear Glenn. Peace in time."

30 minutes ago, Endgame said:

bpE5Bpz.png

"<<Confirm iden-iden-identification. Soren. Max. And - Valesia-ia-ia? Issuing apologies for vocal g-g-glitching. Apology issued.>>"

He wasn't dead. Very clearly worse for wear, but not dead.

Valesia navigates through the darkened corridors, relieved that the hologram still operated, at least partially. "Confirmed. We're here for the black-box, or whatever you can give us to carry the information to the appropriate authorities."