Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #6: We Now Interrupt This Broadcast

7 minutes ago, Endgame said:

mAwLBYG.png
"My proposal: you forget what you saw today. We descend back into that bunker together and finish the job. The AI should be fried, but I overheard talks of physical media, backup storage... It must be destroyed. Expunged."

OfmyYlh.png

"So you can go about plotting whatever it is you're trying to do."

mAwLBYG.png

"Plotting? I have done nothing but keep to myself for years and years. Occasionally emerging from hiding like this to tie up loose ends and to tend to people sticking their noses where they don't belong. You two think I'm plotting? What I desire is to look up at the sky and see the stars, instead of whole battleship fleets packing a hundred proton torpedoes with my name on them. If you send the galaxy after me... I will not shoot first. And I may not even be able to survive them. But you better believe that before the dust of battle settles there will be plenty of new graves to dig. Is that blood you want on your hands?"

mAwLBYG.png

"For one, if we got into a conflict, I risk damaging or losing this remote body. These things don't grow on trees or get churned off of assembly lines, you know. Building them is... Something of a hassle. But, more than that, I just don't have any real desire to kill you. You've really done no wrong, not yet. How could've you known you were getting tangled up in this?"

"The way I see it, you don't have the right to decide that exile fits the punishment for your years of marauding and the pain you caused."

4 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"The way I see it, you don't have the right to decide that exile fits the punishment for your years of marauding and the pain you caused."

Soren cast an eye to Valesia, a little taken aback by her hostility.

'Nd do you think we have the right to determine that? 'Not sure the death sentence is a thing I'm a big fan of, personally. The machine don't seem particularly interested in further bloodshed, maybe it's had a turn of... heart?

16 minutes ago, Endgame said:

mAwLBYG.png

"Plotting? I have done nothing but keep to myself for years and years. Occasionally emerging from hiding like this to tie up loose ends and to tend to people sticking their noses where they don't belong. You two think I'm plotting? What I desire is to look up at the sky and see the stars, instead of whole battleship fleets packing a hundred proton torpedoes with my name on them. If you send the galaxy after me... I will not shoot first. And I may not even be able to survive them. But you better believe that before the dust of battle settles there will be plenty of new graves to dig. Is that blood you want on your hands?"

Look, I ain't got much care in jumping into a fight we don't need to jump into. If my friend here wants to blow you head to spare parts, I have no issues with that. But if the muderbot has become a poet, I don't see a point in turning it to scrap. We've done our job, we've figured out the source of the transmissions. We ain't frying Percy, that's for sure, but we can convince him that he's fulfilled his duty and we can all go our merry way. 'Fact is, Invictus is right - none of this is really our business, and we have no stake here. 'Not sure we should be the ones make sweeping decisions for 'em. 

34 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Soren cast an eye to Valesia, a little taken aback by her hostility.

'Nd do you think we have the right to determine that? 'Not sure the death sentence is a thing I'm a big fan of, personally. The machine don't seem particularly interested in further bloodshed, maybe it's had a turn of... heart?

"Does the fish decide to grow wings, does the predator decide to subsist on grass? There is no change, especially of its ilk."

38 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Look, I ain't got much care in jumping into a fight we don't need to jump into. If my friend here wants to blow you head to spare parts, I have no issues with that. But if the muderbot has become a poet, I don't see a point in turning it to scrap. We've done our job, we've figured out the source of the transmissions. We ain't frying Percy, that's for sure, but we can convince him that he's fulfilled his duty and we can all go our merry way. 'Fact is, Invictus is right - none of this is really our business, and we have no stake here. 'Not sure we should be the ones make sweeping decisions for 'em. 

"It already confessed to having a back-up. It doesn't get to decide its own punishment, those whom it caused pain do and they won't get that if we let it destroy what evidence is still around."

16 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Does the fish decide to grow wings, does the predator decide to subsist on grass? There is no change, especially of its ilk."

"It already confessed to having a back-up. It doesn't get to decide its own punishment, those whom it caused pain do and they won't get that if we let it destroy what evidence is still around."

Colour me shocked that someone as long-lived as yourself believes people can't change. I can't imagine you spent the last one hundred years doling out candy, did you?

Soren glances back at Invictus, trying to gain insight as to how honest it was being.

Glenn said no one knew for certain whether Invictus was sapient. Is this thing a robot, or a person, Valesia? If it's a bot, then it's hardly responsible for its actions. Someone ought to take it into holding, interrogate it, find out who built it and why, the works. If Invictus is a person, well, that means he has... y'know, personhood. Which, again, means he can change. And it means he has responsibilities, rights and shit. Which means we can't just give him a private execution just 'cause we decide to.

But again, none of this is our responsibility anyways. Glenn knows this damn place, he and Invictus ought to hash it out, come to a middle ground. If Glenn wants to kill the thing, then whatever. But if Invictus can convince him that it - he, whatever - has changed, well, I think that's somethin', isn't it?

10 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Colour me shocked that someone as long-lived as yourself believes people can't change. I can't imagine you spent the last one hundred years doling out candy, did you?

"Hun, please don't think me so fatalistic. People change, yes Soren, as much as their nature will allow. Machines... machines do not and to give one the semblance of such a will is to mock true life."

Glenn said no one knew for certain whether Invictus was sapient. Is this thing a robot, or a person, Valesia? If it's a bot, then it's hardly responsible for its actions. Someone ought to take it into holding, interrogate it, find out who built it and why, the works. If Invictus is a person, well, that means he has... y'know, personhood. Which, again, means he can change. And it means he has responsibilities, rights and shit. Which means we can't just give him a private execution just 'cause we decide to.

Valesia pauses to consider Soren's reminder of Invictus's nature, "If it's a bot, then it gets taken out of commission. If it truly is sentient, then it should at least be restrained should it seek to destroy the bunker. The knowledge of its survival is not for it to decide what to do with."

But again, none of this is our responsibility anyways. Glenn knows this damn place, he and Invictus ought to hash it out, come to a middle ground. If Glenn wants to kill the thing, then whatever. But if Invictus can convince him that it - he, whatever - has changed, well, I think that's somethin', isn't it?

"Sweetie, we are part of this universe whether we like it or not. To stick our heads in the sand simply because the suffering caused by this machine did not directly impact us... I'm sorry Soren, but I can't let that stand. If it truly wished to make amends for its injustices, it would surrender to the proper authorities, not threaten to shed further blood."

Until now Max had silently stared at Valesia, taken back by her hostility, which was most unexpected from such a sweet person.

"If he has already stated that this isn't his only body, what do we gain from fighting him. We possibly get badly wounded or die only for him to escape to another body."

He took a deep breath before continuing: "And what the Aether was that talk about not caring about avoiding death and war!? If the League and Empire hear about this, it only takes a tiny human error for it all to boil over and result in an invasion or full scale war. And who will pay for that?"

Max grabs his hat from his head. "Those who get drawn into it and have fight other living *thinking* beings."

With a sigh he swinged his hat back on his head and continued with a calmer tone:

"If there is a chance to avoid that risk we need to take it. If he has actually had a turn of heart we can solve this without further bloodshed and get him to answer for his actions somehow."

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

mAwLBYG.png

"Perhaps. But what justice do you earn by killing me - either this self, or my real body? Will the lives I took come back, will the desert here be returned to ocean? No. The galaxy would continue on exactly as it would before. Perhaps besides the vultures of the savior city plucking my corpse dry for their Weapon R&D programs."

OfmyYlh.png

"You son of a bitch, this isn't ancient history. There's still families mourning their missing sons and daughters."

mAwLBYG.png

"Exactly. So let it fade into history. Let them mourn. Without me becoming a person of interest again."

12 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Soren glances back at Invictus, trying to gain insight as to how honest it was being.

Soren Insight Check: (3, 6, 6, 2) vs DC 2, DC 4; Success, Failure

Soren struggles to perceive if the machine really experienced any sort of permanent change of heart. But it seemed like its offer of a nonviolent end was genuine. Likewise, if Invictus' offer was rejected, the pilot could sense that if push came to shove, Invictus could get very violent indeed.

mAwLBYG.png

"If you would feel better with having what's left of the AI and the data in my possession instead of destroyed, that is fine. But I am not willingly leaving here with that data just... lingering in the desert, for someone to find. Defeats the purpose."

OfmyYlh.png

"Come to a middle ground?! Do you know what you're suggesting - he's killed thousands! He was there, he was right there with the two blockades, maybe hours before the gate collapse!" Glenn's composure was all but gone, his gun hand trembling.

"Did you cause the gate collapse!? Are you why I'm like this?! TELL ME!"

mAwLBYG.png

"...What answer could I give that would possibly satisfy you, undead?"

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Glenn nods along in full agreement.

OfmyYlh.png

"Valesia, you're right. Soren, listen, you're talking about us having no right to exact justice? This isn't even him! He's just... inhabiting a more human form to get us to feel bad. The real Invictus, the actual monster, is elsewhere, puppeteering this shell. Whatever we do today is about securing justice in the future, not in the now. If you three choose to let this chance at securing the galaxy slip through our fingers, you better believe I'm not gonna feel good giving this mission the green stamp, either."

mAwLBYG.png

"...If the financials become a tipping point in this, I suppose I could leverage a connection or two and see that the compensation is matched. You may have guessed this, but I value my privacy."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Sweetie, we are part of this universe whether we like it or not. To stick our heads in the sand simply because the suffering caused by this machine did not directly impact us... I'm sorry Soren, but I can't let that stand. If it truly wished to make amends for its injustices, it would surrender to the proper authorities, not threaten to shed further blood."

mAwLBYG.png

"If I planned on turning myself in to any authority in any system, it would have happened long ago. The Arm is convinced I am dead. It shall remain that way, for the best of all parties. It's hard to stay in the grave when you're being interrogated by every member of the military brass from here to Qilin system."

34 minutes ago, Alix said:

Until now Max had silently stared at Valesia, taken back by her hostility, which was most unexpected from such a sweet person.

"If he has already stated that this isn't his only body, what do we gain from fighting him. We possibly get badly wounded or die only for him to escape to another body."

He took a deep breath before continuing: "And what the Aether was that talk about not caring about avoiding death and war!? If the League and Empire hear about this, it only takes a tiny human error for it all to boil over and result in an invasion or full scale war. And who will pay for that?"

Max grabs his hat from his head. "Those who get drawn into it and have fight other living *thinking* beings."

With a sigh he swinged his hat back on his head and continued with a calmer tone:

"If there is a chance to avoid that risk we need to take it. If he has actually had a turn of heart we can solve this without further bloodshed and get him to answer for his actions somehow."

Glenn shakes his head.

OfmyYlh.png

"No, Max, my boy. The League and Empire wouldn't turn on each other for this, at least I-I don't think so. What they would do is turn their attention to wiping Invictus off the map. He terrorized all sides in the Five Years war. He doesn't have many friends anywhere in any system."

mAwLBYG.png

"Recover the data, track me down, send the forces of the Arm to my doorstep if you must. They will want to see my dead. I will respond in kind. Before I fall you'll have a few more memorials to erect. That's a promise."

"Two of you are seeing reason. I implore you, let the past stay dead. All of you - choose."

Edited by Endgame

55 minutes ago, Endgame said:
48 minutes ago, Endgame said:

OfmyYlh.png

"No, Max, my boy. The League and Empire wouldn't turn on each other for this, at least I-I don't think so. What they would do is turn their attention to wiping Invictus off the map. He terrorized all sides in the Five Years war. He doesn't have many friends anywhere in any system."

But why. To what end. That's what I don't get about all of this. What does a piece of code have to gain from killing people? Either it's sentient and may have changed, or there's someone else behind this. Either way, the death penalty is pretty damn final, and we might want this thing around for answers. 

55 minutes ago, Endgame said:
51 minutes ago, Endgame said:

OfmyYlh.png

"Valesia, you're right. Soren, listen, you're talking about us having no right to exact justice? This isn't even him! He's just... inhabiting a more human form to get us to feel bad. The real Invictus, the actual monster, is elsewhere, puppeteering this shell. Whatever we do today is about securing justice in the future, not in the now. If you three choose to let this chance at securing the galaxy slip through our fingers, you better believe I'm not gonna feel good giving this mission the green stamp, either."

And you think killing a shell is going to bring your justice, old man? You're aiming to kill a ghost, there's no peace in this.

'Say we let the world know Invictus is here, and that we killed but a copy of him. Everyone's gonna go into a hizzy over it. Mass hysteria. We accomplish nothing but tell everyone the boogyman is still out there. Best case scenario, we arrest him, and you lot on Corvanis can question him and see how genuine he's being. If y'all believe him, great, you let him go. If not, at least you have this model and can track down a source or somethin'. I just see no point in trying to kill a weapons module if it's not actually going to accomplish anything.

Edited by The Legonater
Post glitched out and lost content somehow, sad.

1 hour ago, Alix said:

"Max, Dear, you forget the part about him wanting to eliminate any evidence of his survival."

1 hour ago, Alix said:

"Death and war come to us all..." Valesia pauses while glancing with sadness at Glen, "eventually, there is no avoiding that." A smile briefly plays across the Cladrasith's face, "Hun, all one can do is ensure that life and healing continue after the pain. The Empire and League have no warring fued in this machine's existence, if anything it would ease the suffering of those on both sides knowing that it was brought to justice."

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

mAwLBYG.png

"Perhaps. But what justice do you earn by killing me - either this self, or my real body? Will the lives I took come back, will the desert here be returned to ocean? No. The galaxy would continue on exactly as it would before. Perhaps besides the vultures of the savior city plucking my corpse dry for their Weapon R&D programs."

OfmyYlh.png

"You son of a bitch, this isn't ancient history. There's still families mourning their missing sons and daughters."

mAwLBYG.png

"Exactly. So let it fade into history. Let them mourn. Without me becoming a person of interest again."

"Trite, you mock their pain, you do not get to dictate the terms of their mourning."

Soren Insight Check: (3, 6, 6, 2) vs DC 2, DC 4; Success, Failure

Soren struggles to perceive if the machine really experienced any sort of permanent change of heart. But it seemed like its offer of a nonviolent end was genuine. Likewise, if Invictus' offer was rejected, the pilot could sense that if push came to shove, Invictus could get very violent indeed.

mAwLBYG.png

"If you would feel better with having what's left of the AI and the data in my possession instead of destroyed, that is fine. But I am not willingly leaving here with that data just... lingering in the desert, for someone to find. Defeats the purpose."

OfmyYlh.png

"Come to a middle ground?! Do you know what you're suggesting - he's killed thousands! He was there, he was right there with the two blockades, maybe hours before the gate collapse!" Glenn's composure was all but gone, his gun hand trembling.

"Did you cause the gate collapse!? Are you why I'm like this?! TELL ME!"

mAwLBYG.png

"...What answer could I give that would possibly satisfy you, undead?"

Valesia winces at the rawness of Glenn's hurt, "Perhaps remorse, or are you not coded to feel that emotion? Regardless, I have no intention of letting you control the data, even if you say you won't destroy it."

mAwLBYG.png

"If I planned on turning myself in to any authority in any system, it would have happened long ago. The Arm is convinced I am dead. It shall remain that way, for the best of all parties. It's hard to stay in the grave when you're being interrogated by every member of the military brass from here to Qilin system."

"Your consequentialism only extends to the point where you are not personally inconvenienced. I will not enable it."

mAwLBYG.png

"Recover the data, track me down, send the forces of the Arm to my doorstep if you must. They will want to see my dead. I will respond in kind. Before I fall you'll have a few more memorials to erect. That's a promise."

"Two of you are seeing reason. I implore you, let the past stay dead. All of you - choose."

"You do not promise peace, only peace deferred. The death of the past shall not be at your whim. You'll either accompany us to Savior City, or have to deal with losing one of your doubles here. Soren, Max, I don't think Glenn and I can handle this machine ourselves, please we must look beyond the here and now."

OoC: Because I hate interparty conflict and don't want to have a PvP combat, if you two want to just let him stay alive, as a player I can make that work. Valesia will simply be unhappy about it.

3 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Your consequentialism only extends to the point where you are not personally inconvenienced. I will not enable it."

Are we really any different?

Look, 'Victus, you can't remain in the shadows forever. Clearly. We had employers and ran into a lot more folks than just you; if we go missing, they'll ask questions, and follow the trail back to you. Violence is gonna be a waste of everyone's time. The way I see it, you can either try an' kill and fail, or, you can go quietly with us and find some semblance of justice. But lettin' ya go is just going to prolong the inevitable, for everyone. It's time to make some real steps here.

32 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

But why. To what end. That's what I don't get about all of this. What does a piece of code have to gain from killing people? Either it's sentient and may have changed, or there's someone else behind this. Either way, the death penalty is pretty damn final, and we might want this thing around for answers. 

And you think killing a shell is going to bring your justice, old man? You're aiming to kill a ghost, there's no peace in this.

'Say we let the world know Invictus is here, and that we killed but a copy of him. Everyone's gonna go into a hizzy over it. Mass hysteria. We accomplish nothing but tell everyone the boogyman is still out there. Best case scenario, we arrest him, and you lot on Corvanis can question him and see how genuine he's being. If y'all believe him, great, you let him go. If not, at least you have this model and can track down a source or somethin'. I just see no point in trying to kill a weapons module if it's not actually going to accomplish anything.

OfmyYlh.png

"A ghost? He's here! He's right here! Or at least proof of him is. Why are we being so defeatist about this? We can beat him, we can take back the double and the data as proof, we can report it smartly, make sure it doesn't leak... We can track him down and beat him for good. Do you really think he's never going to return? Just how many loose ends have you already "tied up" to hide yourself, machine?"

mAwLBYG.png

"Enough to stay hidden." Invictus hisses, still soft voiced but sounding more aggravated. "How many did I kill in the Five Year's war, undead? Don't pretend like the numbers matter right now."

27 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Max, Dear, you forget the part about him wanting to eliminate any evidence of his survival."

"Death and war come to us all..." Valesia pauses while glancing with sadness at Glen, "eventually, there is no avoiding that." A smile briefly plays across the Cladrasith's face, "Hun, all one can do is ensure that life and healing continue after the pain. The Empire and League have no warring fued in this machine's existence, if anything it would ease the suffering of those on both sides knowing that it was brought to justice."

"Trite, you mock their pain, you do not get to dictate the terms of their mourning."

Valesia winces at the rawness of Glenn's hurt, "Perhaps remorse, or are you not coded to feel that emotion? Regardless, I have no intention of letting you control the data, even if you say you won't destroy it."

"You do not promise peace, only peace deferred. The death of the past shall not be at your whim. You'll either accompany us to Savior City, or have to deal with losing one of your doubles here. Soren, Max, I don't think Glenn and I can handle this machine ourselves, please we must look beyond the here and now."

The machine's indignation only mounts.

mAwLBYG.png

"I see. Perhaps we shall see if your strength matches your conviction, Cladrasith."

20 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Look, 'Victus, you can't remain in the shadows forever. Clearly. We had employers and ran into a lot more folks than just you; if we go missing, they'll ask questions, and follow the trail back to you. Violence is gonna be a waste of everyone's time. The way I see it, you can either try an' kill and fail, or, you can go quietly with us and find some semblance of justice. But lettin' ya go is just going to prolong the inevitable, for everyone. It's time to make some real steps here.

Invictus shakes his head.

mAwLBYG.png

"Waste of time? You four are the biggest hurdle between me and anonymity that I've come across in quite some time. I heard some of what the AI told you... Rather damning stuff. Violence is hardly a waste for me here. I already extended mercy to you. I could've attacked in the dark and I didn't." Invictus raises his arm cannon again. The barrel of it crackled and hiss with static charge. "I will not surrender to the Savior City. Step aside and let me take what I need. Or like I said... The next shot may not miss."

Edited by Endgame

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

"Yes, otherwise I'd be letting it go. What skin off of my back is it if the machine walks?"

50 minutes ago, Endgame said:

The machine's indignation only mounts.

mAwLBYG.png

"I see. Perhaps we shall see if your strength matches your conviction, Cladrasith."

Valesia takes a moment to meditate in preparation for the upcoming combat before opening her eyes filled with resolve, "No point in having them if I ain't willing to defend them."

Invictus shakes his head.

mAwLBYG.png

"Waste of time? You four are the biggest hurdle between me and anonymity that I've come across in quite some time. I heard some of what the AI told you... Rather damning stuff. Violence is hardly a waste for me here. I already extended mercy to you. I could've attacked in the dark and I didn't." Invictus raises his arm cannon again. The barrel of it crackled and hiss with static charge. "I will not surrender to the Savior City. Step aside and let me take what I need. Or like I said... The next shot may not miss."

Hardly forging a middle ground, don'tchya think? Soren muttered, eyes glancing back and forth between Invictus and Valesia. He wasn't sure how much he was cozy with the Cladrasith's bigotry coming out as she put the bot on death row, but Invictus wasn't exactly making matters easier. This whole situation was just a waste of time, all they were doing was putting Invictus down a body. None of this mattered. But if it made the damn Undead sit any easier and get them a paycheque, he supposed that was something.

Following in Valesia's footsteps, Soren breathed in an icy cold breath of air, clearing his mind and meditating. Gotta make this one quick.

Soren eyed Invictus again and levelled his gun at the robot, a weary expression on his face. I s'pose we're doin' this. 

MM Note: If memory serves, you guys never actually split the loot from the submarine battle, so here it is again before a fight potentially breaks out:

JRETHyW.pngGolden Gel Hide: Standard Energy/Kinetic Armor

ZvaUBVi.pngWhip Tail: Calibrated Short-Range Kinetic Weapon

Fy84nb1CEoMn2Ex4TRVbnRiw1qnxv9dZcqfbAyYSr9wOSBZXU5BtSto5cv_T3vPpfoSKR8v9banfn2yaqzBkHdiqxkHW42R4_7-9WooMYuOBV8ApBbufZW1IGEy7tNtEEu8ohw-DNanite Elixir: (Consumable) Removes 1 negative status effect from character

ApYKxj1hSMJOKbpOAkwBSFxYdOyw8diu5zNMyDSyHighY2mfewA1etTViqNlgiTCPBNJz0gXQhhGD-aA9RhVNYc26x5-kjNBLJKGP8AoauX5Prta9xQ1VzgVOxRIFUViK4vWHWo4Plasma Potion: (Consumable) Heals character 1d6 Vitality + user's Medicine proficiency

If it makes more sense to dole this out out of character, by all means do so - just want to make sure that all of this finds its way to someone's inventory before a potential boss fight.

4 hours ago, Endgame said:

"A ghost? He's here! He's right here! Or at least proof of him is. Why are we being so defeatist about this? We can beat him, we can take back the double and the data as proof, we can report it smartly, make sure it doesn't leak... We can track him down and beat him for good. Do you really think he's never going to return? Just how many loose ends have you already "tied up" to hide yourself, machine?"

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Seeing that the negotiations with Invictus had fallen apart, and with his mind swayed by Valesia's and Glenn's valid arguments Maximilian prepared for battle along with his two comrades, lifting his carbine. 

"So much for a change of heart"

OOC:

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

OoC: Unless anyone objects:

Golden Gel Hide - Max (Only one who can currently use it)
Whip Tail - Soren (Can't use it due to strength requirement, but Max already has a kinetic calibrated weapon)
Nanite Elixer - Valesia
Plasma Potion - Max (Best to spread out the healing)

No quite sure but Max already has armour, standard kinetic one, but doesn't have a kinetic calibrated weapon, his carbine is a standard one. Whereas Soren doesn't yet have armour if i'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Right Soren can't use the Gel hide either so we can just split them like Waterbrick proposed

Edited by Alix

1 minute ago, Alix said:

Seeing that the negotiations with Invictus had fallen apart, and with his mind swayed by Valesia's and Glenn's valid arguments Maximilian prepared for battle along with his two comrades, lifting his carbine. 

"So much for a change of heart"

OOC:

No quite sure but Max already has armour, standard kinetic one, but doesn't have a kinetic calibrated weapon, his carbine is a standard one. Whereas Soren doesn't yet have armour if i'm not mistaken.

OoC: good point adjusted. Though Soren’s Strength attribute prevents him from using the armor.

I'll take whatever is left. :laugh: Armour would be nice but I won't be able to equip it for a solid quest or so.

Invictus's frustration subsides for a moment. A sigh escapes from his armor as he just shakes his head in disappointment.

mAwLBYG.png

"I suppose we are doing this. You can't say I didn't try."

The machine draws in one deep breath, then another, seemingly meditating himself.

"It's been a while since I've had to fight in this body. It's... Hah, it really has been a while since I've fought at all. Show me a good time, would you?"

Invictus raises his arm cannon slowly... in and in a single jerky motion, suddenly angles it to fire above the agents, hitting one of the antennae. The metal rod begins to bristle with strange energy as Invictus leaps back, legs widened in a combat stance. He throws his head back and unleashes a horrible shriek-!

mAwLBYG.png

".̸̢̅-̶̩̚-̷̭̂.̴̤̉ ̸͙̑.̶̡̉-̸̨̆.̸͚̚ ̵̟͂.̴͕̀ ̶̝̔.̶̰̀-̴͕͂-̵̱̆.̴̯̓ ̸͈̐.̴̯̊-̷̰́ ̸̤̌.̷̯̀-̷̦̔.̷͕̇ ̶͙͐.̴͍͒ ̸̨̔/̴̧͋ ̵̬͐-̴͙͒ ̴͚̅-̴̦͛-̶̫̒-̴̖̽ ̷̝͘/̷̻̂ ̶̱͝-̸̝̍.̴̪̇.̶̝̓ ̴̥̌.̶̳̎.̶̻͒ ̴͈̉.̵̺̾!"

OfmyYlh.png

"Brace yourselves, agents - this is it!"

His voice echoes through the desert, ringing in the agents heads, as the final battle began!

AGENTS, PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

5TyLuwC.png

Round Zero:

Invictus charges up Antenna C!

Initiative Check (Agents):

Soren: (3, 1) 0 successes

Valesia: (3, 4) 1 success

Max: (2, 2) 0 successes

Glenn: (5) 1 success

TURN ORDER: Glenn/Valesia, and then Max/Soren

The Opposition

mAwLBYG.png "You chose this."
Invictus - "HARBINGER" Shell
Vitality: 24/26
Velocity: 1
Strength: 5
Skill: 1
Smarts: 5
Spirit: 5/5
Proficiencies: Arcana 1, Melee Weapons 3, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 3, Acrobatics 2, Intimidation 4, Explosives 1
Spells: Elemental Evocation, Gravity Sink, Sonic Sweep, Quantum Transposition
Equipment: UVB-76 Static Cannon (Calibrated Long Range Energy Weapon - enables use of the Static Storm ability)
Inventory: Conqueror's Talons (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Drops: ???
Passive Abilities:
Phantom of Nendara: Invictus gets two Actions per round.
Static Storm: Invictus can spend an Action making an antenna Static Charged, if it is within the range of his Static Cannon. He is immune to the resulting blasts.

JzZ0mK8.png
Antenna A
Vitality: 10/10
Passive Abilities:
Static Discharge: A round after getting Static Charged, the antenna disperses the static energy in a Static Discharge, a blast that spans a 2 square radius around the antenna. All agents caught in the blast take 3 Energy Damage, minus any skill successes that Agent rolls for.

JzZ0mK8.png
Antenna B
Passive Abilities:
Static Discharge: A round after getting Static Charged, the antenna disperses the static energy in a Static Discharge, a blast that spans a 2 square radius around the antenna. All agents caught in the blast take 3 Energy Damage, minus any skill successes that Agent rolls for.

JzZ0mK8.png
Antenna C *Static Charged!!*
Passive Abilities:

JzZ0mK8.png
Antenna D
Passive Abilities:

The Agents

1340555818_Heroica2.png.af8199e345ea7c34257ea18ab20b6688.png

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Character Points: 3/12
Vitality: 6/6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Explosives 2, Occult 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Credits: 10
Equipment:  D-KA Carbine (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Energy Cell, Golden Gel Hide (Standard Kinetic/Energy Armor)
Inventory: 2 Hydrocobalt Shards, Rampart Kinetic Shield (Standard Kinetic Armor), Plasma Potion
Locker:  Empty

51233820556_180a0dba60_t.jpg
Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
110 Year Old Female Cladrasith
Character Points: 3/15
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 1, Nature 3
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Healing Light, Mystic Binding, Photonic Manipulation
Credits: 70
Equipment: Holo-scroll, Chef's Kit (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Inventory: Ætherbrew, Essence of Precaution, Nanite Elixir
Locker:

189444369_933832327392718_3084432536823807458_n.jpg
Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)
31-year-old male Human
Character Points: 4/17
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Nature 1, Insight 1, Piloting 2, Short-Range Weapons 2
Spells: Elemental Evocation, Mystic Binding
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged calibrated energy weapon), Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell
Inventory:  Whip Tail (Calibrated Short-Range Kinetic Weapon)
Credits: 10

OfmyYlh.png "Let's see if I'm still handy with a gun...!"
Glenn Harmondon
64 year old Undead
Vitality: 7/7
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 1
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Technology 3, Short Range Weapons 2, Arcana 1
Spells: Warding Bond
Equipment: Empire Army Standard Issue Handgun (Calibrated Kinetic Short Range weapon), Kevlar Vest (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: Plasma Potion x3, Emergency Flares

Edited by Endgame

What in the starsSoren muttered, immediately wishing he'd followed his instincts and left the thing well enough alone.

Mmkay, there's a couple ways we can go about this. I say we try and clear out some of these antennae; putting any one of 'em down is gonna be a bit of concerted effort, but it'll make dealing with this hunk of bolts much easier. 'Lternatively we can try an' strafe the static charges and put all our work into securing Invictus, but stars, even doing that will take a heap of trouble. I think splittin' our attention is a bad idea for the moment, either way. We should try an' focus on one thing.

MM Note: Noticed Glenn's velocity was listed as a 1 instead of 2, fixed.

Valesia shudders a moment before steeling her resolve, "Glad he didn't bring reinforcements."

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

What in the starsSoren muttered, immediately wishing he'd followed his instincts and left the thing well enough alone.

Mmkay, there's a couple ways we can go about this. I say we try and clear out some of these antennae; putting any one of 'em down is gonna be a bit of concerted effort, but it'll make dealing with this hunk of bolts much easier. 'Lternatively we can try an' strafe the static charges and put all our work into securing Invictus, but stars, even doing that will take a heap of trouble. I think splittin' our attention is a bad idea for the moment, either way. We should try an' focus on one thing.

"We'll need to take out those antennae, otherwise we risk getting dragged into their blast radius via spells. Take care where ever you position yourself that it's far enough away to avoid that, also if you have to choose between being up close or at long range from the bot, pick up close." Valesia moves to F4 and casts hampering hold on Invictus, "I'll try and lock him down, the rest of you focus either on upping your defenses or taking out one of those antennae. Glenn, do you think using your technological know-how you might be able to ground one of those antennae to keep it from discharging?"

OoC: So under current rules, only one weapon can be equipped at a time by Invictus. Also, is it intended for Invictus to be immune to the Static Storm ability?

MM Note: Got it! And reading the rules and FAQ he will have to burn an action to swap. :thumbup: Invictus can't blow himself up with his own static, I'll amend that.

OfmyYlh.png
"Valesia... I'm looking at the weird static charge this bastard is flinging around, and it's nothing I've ever seen before. That being said, comms equipment is my area of expertise, so if I get up close to one of these I might be able to pick out a weak spot on 'em. All four look the same make and model, so it'd help all around, but... Dammit, I should've done this before we went into the bunker." Glenn would kick himself if it didn't mean leaving himself wide open to Invictus. "Which antenna should I check out if any?"

Edited by Endgame

10 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

“Soren, Max, you good with Glenn scoping out Antenna D?”

Sounds good to me. 

Soren moves to D5 and fires at Antenna D.

Maybe if Glenn finds a weak spot we can take thing down right now...