Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #6: We Now Interrupt This Broadcast

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

[[This mission and thread is intended for chosen participants only. If you're interested in joining the game, please check out the Rules & FAQ topic pinned in this subforum!]]

FnnJBTk.png

Four agents were en route to Corvanis aboard the Initium. It wasn't the fastest vessel, nor the most luxurious, and certainly not the most fuel efficient, but hopefully the craft would do. The lack of bells and whistles was tempered by the majesty of the vastness of space... stars and planetoids scroll by, the occasional freighter dreadnought visible in the horizon. It was common for ships to come and go along this particular neck of the galaxy; the agents' destination, Corvanis, had recently re-invented itself as what the planet's oligarchs called a "stronghold of commerce."

The only sound besides the purr of engines was the whistling of the vessel's droid pilot. For an AI written in deadcode, his manufacturer made him rather lively in nature.

Hl2nuaG.png

cHpkTYJ.png

"You're all so quiet," the droid remarks. His voice modulator sounded partially damaged, making his speech scratchy and bitcrushed but otherwise perfectly audible. "I'm not driving you guys to like, a funeral, am I? That would be a big downer."

The droid points his arm to a display as the vessel nears planetfall. On it was a zoomed in view of The Savior City, new capital city of Corvanis.

Bw4MwVF.png

The city was dense and vertical, buildings practically stacked upon each other. A grid of transportation infrastructure ran through the city unopposed, cleaving whole districts in two sometimes. The city's productivity came before all else; a sentiment felt by all who lived in the shadows cast by a myriad skyscrapers. The fact that there was any city at all was rather impressive, considering what had happened not even half a lifetime ago in this particular system. Storm clouds rumble over and around the city, crackling but yielding no rain.

cHpkTYJ.png

"I assume something or other is bringing you to the city, uh-huh? Now, landing has always been a pain in the rear ever since the Gate Collapse did a number on the atmosphere, but..."

In that moment, one of the screens the droid pilot was hisses to life, bursting static before returning to normal operational use.

YFQbt81.png

" .. / .- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / .. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- ...- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / .-.. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- . "

The droid looks back at the party, confused.

cHpkTYJ.png

"Huh. This bucket of bolts is old, but I've never seen it do that before. Uh, not to worry, we should be able to land just fine. Console's back and I don't even need it anyway," the droid says pridefully. "We'll descend nice and easy and you'll be off doing heroics and whatever in no time."

The Party:

1340555818_Heroica2.png.af8199e345ea7c34257ea18ab20b6688.png

Maximilian Vetre (Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Character Points: 0/10
Vitality: 6/6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Explosives 2, Occult 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Credits: 10
Equipment:  D-KA Carbine (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), Rampart Kinetic Shield (Standard Kinetic Armor), Energy Cell
Inventory: Empty
Locker:  Empty

51239752472_33cc55f83d_o.jpg

Felix Mao (Khorne)
37 Cycles Old Male Chimeran
Character Points: 0/13
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 3
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 2, Insight 1, Coding 2*, Survival 1, Occult 1
Known Spells: Illusory Clone, Spirit Ally
Credits: 60
Equipment: 'Old Reliable' Plasma Handgun (Standard Short Range Energy Weapon), Hacking Chip
Inventory: Plasma Potion (1x), Cloaking Generator, Adrenaline Decoction (2x), Bulking Stim
Locker:

51233820556_180a0dba60_t.jpg
Valesia
 (Waterbrick Down)
110 Year Old Female Cladrasith
Character Points: 0/13
Vitality: 3/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 1, Nature 3
Known Spells: Elemental Evocation, Healing Light, Mystic Binding, Photonic Manipulation
Credits: 65
Equipment: Holo-scroll, Chef's Kit (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Inventory: Ætherbrew, Essence of Precaution, Plasma Potion
Locker:

189444369_933832327392718_3084432536823807458_n.jpg
Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)
31-year-old male Human
Character Points: 1/15
Vitality: 5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 2
Proficiencies: Nature 1, Insight 1, Piloting 2, Short-Range Weapons 2
Spells: Elemental Evocation, Mystic Binding
Equipment: MK-12 personal handgun (short-ranged calibrated energy weapon), Farsight Goggles, Hacking Chip, Plasma Potion
Credits: 10

MM Note: @Alix, @The Legonater, @Khorne, @Waterbrick Down, hello and welcome to Mission 6! You guys have 24-36 hours to confirm. Feel free to make purchases in the bazaar, let me know if your stats are alright, check in and start RPing and we can start rolling! Alix, since this is your first mission, don't be afraid to ask questions- I'd be happy to answer anything you got. :classic:

Edited by Endgame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soren watched silently as the ship began to touch down on Corvanis. Another job, another city. He just hoped this one went smoother than the last.

Apparently, I never updated my stats after coming back from #1 - everything in the registry should now be proper for you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well that is good new, I must say, Mr. Pilot. I imagine just part of the atmosphere, or have you made many landings here before?"

Valesia smiles at her traveling companions, she had a good feeling about this mission.

"I made a batch of bonbons if anyone's interested, got to keep that blood sugar up."

OoC: Stats look good. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

MM Note: Thanks for the heads up! Soren's stats are now fixed.

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Well that is good new, I must say, Mr. Pilot. I imagine just part of the atmosphere, or have you made many landings here before?"

Valesia smiles at her traveling companions, she had a good feeling about this mission.

"I made a batch of bonbons if anyone's interested, got to keep that blood sugar up."

OoC: Stats look good. :thumbup:

 

image.png.a1f17f4e0e18344b45755dfc384eb891.png

"Probably a dozen landings or so. Lots of hustle and bustle at the Savior City. First time I ever saw that happen, though..."

Edited by Endgame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Valesia smiles at her traveling companions, she had a good feeling about this mission.

"I made a batch of bonbons if anyone's interested, got to keep that blood sugar up."

Soren glances up at Valesia. While he didn't share her boundless optimism, he couldn't deny it was a nice change of pace.

Sure, I'll take one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Endgame said:

MM Note: Thanks for the heads up! Soren's stats are now fixed.

 

image.png.a1f17f4e0e18344b45755dfc384eb891.png

"Probably a dozen landings or so. Lots of hustle and bustle at the Savior City. First time I ever saw that happen, though..."

"Well perhaps the atmosphere then, like you mentioned."

16 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Soren glances up at Valesia. While he didn't share her boundless optimism, he couldn't deny it was a nice change of pace.

Sure, I'll take one. 

"Take two, save one for later." Valesia nodded warmly. "You're fresh off another off-world mission aren't you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Endgame said:

"Probably a dozen landings or so. Lots of hustle and bustle at the Savior City. First time I ever saw that happen, though..."

"What kind of folk have you brought here on those previous landings?"

Hearing Valesia's offer made Maximilian's mouth water, the ones she offered back in the Hall were some of the best he had ever eaten.

"I'd quite like some as well"

 

Nice to hear that Endgame, i'll probably throw some questions your way soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alix said:

"What kind of folk have you brought here on those previous landings?"

Hearing Valesia's offer made Maximilian's mouth water, the ones she offered back in the Hall were some of the best he had ever eaten.

"I'd quite like some as well"

"Sure thing, Sweetie. Also, excellent question." Valesia selects a cocoa filled bonbon before also asking the pilot, "Would you categorize our destination as friendly?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Well perhaps the atmosphere then, like you mentioned."

"Take two, save one for later." Valesia nodded warmly. "You're fresh off another off-world mission aren't you?"

cHpkTYJ.png

"Yeah, maybe. The storm clouds literally never dissipate on this planet, as far as I can tell."

 

55 minutes ago, Alix said:

"What kind of folk have you brought here on those previous landings?"

cHpkTYJ.png

"Not as well armed as you guys, that's for sure! Mostly just business people. The ones too far down the corporate ladder to afford the nice shuttles with extra leg room," Kayarr laughs.

50 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Sure thing, Sweetie. Also, excellent question." Valesia selects a cocoa filled bonbon before also asking the pilot, "Would you categorize our destination as friendly?"

cHpkTYJ.png

"Friendly? Oh, I'm not dropping you off in a warzone, if that's what you mean. We're landing at Dock B in the Innovations District. It should be connected right to the building your employer works out of. Glenn Whathisface, or whatever it was. Now, the city ain't exactly always sanitary, and all the folk you meet there won't be all sunshine and rainbows, but it's really no more or less safe than Ebria. ...This neck of town, anyway..."

Edited by Endgame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Take two, save one for later." Valesia nodded warmly. "You're fresh off another off-world mission aren't you?"

'Sure did. Train job that went up in smoke. 'Got some decent pay out of it in the end, though. You took that rat job, right?

5 minutes ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png

"Friendly? Now, the city ain't exactly always sanitary, and all the folk you meet there won't be all sunshine and rainbows, but it's really no more or less safe than Ebria. ...This neck of town, anyway..."

Well, we ain't all sunshine and rainbows, either. We can take whatever they throw at us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Legonater said:

'Sure did. Train job that went up in smoke. 'Got some decent pay out of it in the end, though. You took that rat job, right?

"You blew up the train? Bit excessive isn't it?" Valesia munches away, "Yes, turned out to be a misunderstanding with a rather intelligent colony and an unfortunate soul who had gotten trapped in the bowels of the Hall. All was well in the end though and we ensured everyone was safely relocated."

5 hours ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png

"Friendly? Oh, I'm not dropping you off in a warzone, if that's what you mean. We're landing at Dock B in the Innovations District. It should be connected right to the building your employer works out of. Glenn Whathisface, or whatever it was. Now, the city ain't exactly always sanitary, and all the folk you meet there won't be all sunshine and rainbows, but it's really no more or less safe than Ebria. ...This neck of town, anyway..."

"Splendid, you've really been a peach dear. We'll make sure to leave a good review."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"You blew up the train? Bit excessive isn't it?" Valesia munches away, "Yes, turned out to be a misunderstanding with a rather intelligent colony and an unfortunate soul who had gotten trapped in the bowels of the Hall. All was well in the end though and we ensured everyone was safely relocated."

The job went up in smoke, not the train. ...Actually, the train did, too, but that wasn't our fault. 

'Impressive work with the colony, though. Maybe we'll have as much luck with this broadcast thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

The job went up in smoke, not the train. ...Actually, the train did, too, but that wasn't our fault. 

'Impressive work with the colony, though. Maybe we'll have as much luck with this broadcast thing.

"I find, there's often a peaceable solution if one is simply willing to work hard enough for it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MM Note: Hi folks, just waiting on final confirmations. I'll be moving this along tomorrow if not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2021 at 9:42 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"I find, there's often a peaceable solution if one is simply willing to work hard enough for it."

'Not sure I share you're optimism, but I'll admit you've been doing this a lot longer than I have. I imagine that comes with a certain amount patience I lack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

'Not sure I share you're optimism, but I'll admit you've been doing this a lot longer than I have. I imagine that comes with a certain amount patience I lack.

"The Cladrasith are a long lived raced, we have time for patience I suppose. It is good though to have a group filled with so many unique perspectives, ensures we don't loose sight of the matter at hand. Wouldn't you agree Maximilian?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"The Cladrasith are a long lived raced, we have time for patience I suppose. It is good though to have a group filled with so many unique perspectives, ensures we don't loose sight of the matter at hand. Wouldn't you agree Maximilian?"

Until now Maximilian had stood there silently watching his two teammates converse, unsure if he should join in.

 

"Well i suppose so. More pairs of eyes means more knowledge and like you said, perspectives. Lets us draw from that pool of skill when carrying out the mission. Though i don't think i share your optimism about always having a peaceful option available."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alix said:

Until now Maximilian had stood there silently watching his two teammates converse, unsure if he should join in.

 

"Well i suppose so. More pairs of eyes means more knowledge and like you said, perspectives. Lets us draw from that pool of skill when carrying out the mission. Though i don't think i share your optimism about always having a peaceful option available."

"Oh most definitely. You're packing quite the kit there yourself, military?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Indeed, though it's been a while. Still I suppose you could say i am biased against always finding a peaceful solution."  Maximilian said with a small chuckle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alix said:

"Indeed, though it's been a while. Still I suppose you could say i am biased against always finding a peaceful solution."  Maximilian said with a small chuckle

Biased against, eh? 'At's an interesting take. Soren shrugs. Personally, I'm not exactly against a peaceful option, I'm just not prone to goin' outta my way to seek one out. I look for whate'ers direct, right? 'Guess that means we've gotta whole spectrum of viewpoints here. Snazzy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Biased against, eh? 'At's an interesting take. Soren shrugs. Personally, I'm not exactly against a peaceful option, I'm just not prone to goin' outta my way to seek one out. I look for whate'ers direct, right? 'Guess that means we've gotta whole spectrum of viewpoints here. Snazzy.

"So it would seem. And not to worry, i was merely joking. Might I ask what's your story? How'd you end up on such a ill-fated job?"

Edited by Alix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MM Note: Moving things along for now. @Khorne, i can give you another 24 hours before I have to move you back to the Hall - hope everything is alright on your end!

Kayarr chuckles lightly hearing the crew talk about violence, and their affinity (or lack thereof) for it, but is too focused on landing to otherwise weigh in on toomuch. The Savior City was blanketed by storm clouds, and as the Initium swooped in to dock, the party could see the windows of the craft cloud up with smog. The culprit was surely the hundreds of factories, billowing all sorts of smoke into the air.

The building that the ship was docking at was near the city limits. It was a vast tower with multiple levels and multiple balconies, all for docking. This particular docking station seemed to be moreso for small-scale professional use; the agents could see a massive highway flooded with transport vehicles, likely carrying important cargo.

The ship docks and the landing ramp deploys, and waiting for them at the bottom is a man with a furrowed brow.

4hfLsDg.png

A bushy white beard and cracked, gray skin. From just the look of him, the man had all the signs of being among the undead.

OfmyYlh.png

"Droid in the back. Were you the pilot? You're late," the man remarks, voice hoarse and gravelly.

cHpkTYJ.png

"All drop-off estimates are plus or minus 90 minutes to account for travel delays, sir," Kayarr chirps happily, as if that was a line that he had rehearsed and happily delivered many times.

OfmyYlh.png

"No matter. Agents, I'm Glenn Harmondron, your contact. Seeing as your pilot plays fast and loose with scheduling I decided to join you out at the dock instead of having you try to find my office. This damn tower is a labryinth anyway, we'd have another two dozen reports about that damn signal that's going off before you even found me."

Glenn beckons the agents to follow him as he begins to walk away.

"Come. We have much to discuss. We're walking to my personal hangar right now. I would've had the droid drop you off closer to the job site, but with the atmosphere on Corvanis near the wastelands, high flying shuttle ships like that... Simply not safe. We'll be taking ground based transportation."

"I'm sure you have questions about the nature of this mission. Ask them now."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alix said:

"So it would seem. And not to worry, i was merely joking. Might I ask what's your story? How'd you end up on such a ill-fated job?"

My story? Oh, you mean the train. Yeah, poor communication, mostly. Y'know how they say it kills, and all that.

6 hours ago, Endgame said:

"I'm sure you have questions about the nature of this mission. Ask them now."

Uh-huh - you mentioned in the initial brief that this broadcast we're looking for had 'ominous contents' or something? What exactly does that mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Endgame said:

OfmyYlh.png

"No matter. Agents, I'm Glenn Harmondron, your contact. Seeing as your pilot plays fast and loose with scheduling I decided to join you out at the dock instead of having you try to find my office. This damn tower is a labryinth anyway, we'd have another two dozen reports about that damn signal that's going off before you even found me."

Glenn beckons the agents to follow him as he begins to walk away.

"Come. We have much to discuss. We're walking to my personal hangar right now. I would've had the droid drop you off closer to the job site, but with the atmosphere on Corvanis near the wastelands, high flying shuttle ships like that... Simply not safe. We'll be taking ground based transportation."

"I'm sure you have questions about the nature of this mission. Ask them now."

 

"Well, that must have been what we encountered upon our landing. Any idea if these signals are being broadcast en masse or only to specific targets?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

My story? Oh, you mean the train. Yeah, poor communication, mostly. Y'know how they say it kills, and all that.

Let's put some effort on that then.

 

9 hours ago, Endgame said:

"I'm sure you have questions about the nature of this mission. Ask them now."

What about the source of the signal, do we know anything about it, besides it coming from the wastelands? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.