3 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Dude, please give us instructions. I will gladly pay for them. This looks fantastic in every way.

funny thing is there's a studio file hyperlinked to the flickr page hyperlinked in the photo; do check that out and uh see if you can engineer it

Very good shape-mixing, evoking various modern Gundam designs and the X-Wing... And the colors too. I think the almost-total omission of Gundam-standard yellow is... Basically correct here, because it'd look out-of-place on the X-Wing. Turning the V-fin into the rebellion logo...

I was gonna ask what that black part was, that connected the thumb to the hand... Was baffling me, but then I opened the stud.io file and... It's the Overwatch gun base! I was wondering how it was at that angle; I thought "that angle looks like a minifig hand, but minifig hands can't attach into bar-holes like that, can they?", and then separately, I couldn't figure out what it was attached to the underside of; I thought MAYBE a headlight brick in some orientation but... Whatever I thought didn't make sense, no matter how I thought about it.

30 minutes ago, Flak Maniak said:

I was gonna ask what that black part was, that connected the thumb to the hand... Was baffling me, but then I opened the stud.io file and... It's the Overwatch gun base! I was wondering how it was at that angle; I thought "that angle looks like a minifig hand, but minifig hands can't attach into bar-holes like that, can they?", and then separately, I couldn't figure out what it was attached to the underside of; I thought MAYBE a headlight brick in some orientation but... Whatever I thought didn't make sense, no matter how I thought about it.

XpUUgq1.png

if you've ever stacked "older" SNOT bricks stud to antistud and put tiles on em they usually happen to be off a stud or two; the travis brick somehow made up for the remainder of the overwatch gun and it worked out. i was surprised this worked as well as it did tbh: i was considering a different gun base since i had seen an overwatch gun used recently and didn't want to feel derivative, but when i tested it out it was actually more brilliant than i thought. tha the trigger works to make it feel connected is even more of a W.

and thanks for the rest of your comments! to be honest almost all of those comments on decisions were almost exactly thoughts i had in the process of building it, looking at both the rx 728 and red 5 and figuring out how to merge the designs ideally. should mention that the helmet was designed as a callback to the x wing helmet but with an insignia and the gun was a merger of that gundam rifle with the dc-15 and that longstanding star wars rifle butt. definitely one of the models that's taken a while to make work and i'm glad i did

Awesome chimera of the X-Wing and a Gundam. Both parents are recognizable, but the result is unique and spectacular. My only question is, where do you fit the droid?

Edited by Feuer Zug

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

Awesome chimera of the X-Wing and a Gundam. Both parents are recognizable, but the result is unique and spectacular. My only question is, where do you fit the droid?

good question. i considered that while building the back engines but i completely forgot at the end. Just imagine r2 calls in via bluetooth :)

Big Gundam fan so this is so awesome! I really like how sleek it is, which is often hard to do with bricks on a mech!