Peppermint_M

Adventure Supplies: Parts from other themes for Adventurers!

Historic themes have their own lovely thread all about sharing cool parts and sets that can be adopted and adapted to fit their theme. So here we are with our own thread. Ready to supply any budding adventurer!

This thread is for sharing about parts, prints and sets that are currently available from 2021 onwards. (Of course if the thread lasts a long time, some sets and parts/prints might be retired in future).

Any and all themes can be the source of useful parts and even sets that supply our thirst for Adventure! Build a Minifig, Pick a Brick and Bricks and Pieces tips are welcome. 

Remember: Adventure is out there!

I really like the lantern piece from 2018. It's so useful in so many scenarios - whether it's a pirate, adventurer or any other scenario, it looks so good with the figures. Can't recommend it enough.

37776.png

Just starting with some 2021 regular sets : 

60276: Police Prisoner Transport , Black Hat,  Pearl Dark Grey Aviator Cap + Dark Grey goggles.

6289522.jpg6278975.jpg 6170695.jpg

60295: Stunt Show Arena has the Reddish Brown Cap

4507049.jpg6170695.jpg

And beside the entire wildlife theme , there's the epitome of adventure here, with a hybrid Adventurers/Indiana Jones Magazine gift in some countries, figure is more indy, chest/magnifyer/scorp is more like one of the small adventurers sets.

952110-1.jpg?202109281052

Gravis from 71735: Tournament of Elements could act like an oriental character, as seen in 7418: Scorpion Palace

njo637.png

And then there is the rest of Ninjago, Islander theme figures could be used as jungle tribe, or just the masks/shields for something more classic, and then the underwater subtheme for more atlantean adventuring.

Edited by TeriXeri

There is a few obvious contenders for Adventure supplies currently out. One that comes to mind is the new City Wildlife Rescue sets with all of its animals and wilderness settings, and Sleet would make for a good Adventurer minifig. I'd love to see someone make a retro remake of the Elephant Caravan using the new elephant.

Obviously, any of the Jurassic World dinos would make a good addition to Dino Island, and of course there's also still the Haunted Mansion with all of its Adventurers parts (Has anyone modded the set into a pre-attraction Manor Von Baron yet?).

Some that are perhaps less obvious are Mickey Mouse's Airplane which would make for a nice Adventurer plane if you just remove the logos and switch Mickey's head for Harry Cane's.

Also, the the Chinese New Year sets and the Chinatown Xtra pack are a great source for parts and figs to serve as a (less offensive) addition to the Orient Expedition sets.

@Peppermint_M Thanks a lot for starting this thread. :thumbup: I'm sure it will be very interesting and useful.

CITY has two new adventurers:

Jessica Sharpe from sets 60264 and 60301 (she appears in The LEGO City adventures season 2 episode 15: YT video). 

As mentioned above by @TeriXeri: Larry Jones from the German Lego Magazine 34/2021 (YT video). 

Another adventurer: the paleontologist from set 21320.

An aviatrix: Amelia Earhart from set 40450  (I gave her a yellow head). You can get her via B&P.

The globe minifig-head from set 43193 might be helpful (part ID 6407746). And what about the trans-clear 1x2 compass tile from the 2017 CITY jungle series (the crashed plane and the ruins from set 60161 are very useful!!!), which is also in set 75810 (part ID 6274803)? Or the round 1x1 compass tile (part ID 6141970)?

The azure cockpit piece from sets 70422 and 10273 (part ID 6273354) which first appeared in 1998 in Johnny Thunder's Scorpion Tracker (set 5918). I built an azure expedition vehicle with it.

The pith helmet/hair combo from set 41437 (part ID 6322890).

The canoe from set 10292 (part ID 6344066).

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Islander theme figures could be used as jungle tribe

Set 71747 Keepers village is great. I use it as an expansion for the Adventurers' jungle sub-theme.

1 hour ago, Oky said:

Has anyone modded the set into a pre-attraction Manor Von Baron yet?

Not yet - actually it's too large for my collection.

1 hour ago, Oky said:

switch Mickey's head for Harry Cane's

I will get it one day, but unfortunately Mickey's bomber jacket torso has the Disney logo as well.

Edited by The Reader

1 hour ago, Oky said:

There is a few obvious contenders for Adventure supplies currently out. One that comes to mind is the new City Wildlife Rescue sets with all of its animals and wilderness settings, and Sleet would make for a good Adventurer minifig. I'd love to see someone make a retro remake of the Elephant Caravan using the new elephant.

Obviously, any of the Jurassic World dinos would make a good addition to Dino Island, and of course there's also still the Haunted Mansion with all of its Adventurers parts (Has anyone modded the set into a pre-attraction Manor Von Baron yet?).

Some that are perhaps less obvious are Mickey Mouse's Airplane which would make for a nice Adventurer plane if you just remove the logos and switch Mickey's head for Harry Cane's.

Also, the the Chinese New Year sets and the Chinatown Xtra pack are a great source for parts and figs to serve as a (less offensive) addition to the Orient Expedition sets.

The Manor Von Barron (Haunted House) set has been modified and instructions made, as seen on seen Rebrickable by user Das_Felixle. The MOC as it is uploaded needs a good amount of work: according to comments from multiple users, the second floor and roof are unstable and fall apart a lot. You need 1,400 parts extra to build it as the MOC is intended, but as stated, you might want to do it in a digital format first to rework it!

On 10/4/2021 at 8:26 PM, Jack Sassy said:

I really like the lantern piece from 2018. It's so useful in so many scenarios - whether it's a pirate, adventurer or any other scenario, it looks so good with the figures. Can't recommend it enough.

37776.png

Yes, it's very useful. I like the dark pearl metallic version.

Some more ideas:

The baby croco-gator from the Marvel CMF series (unfortunately it has blue eyes - we need it with yellow eyes). It fits to the printed egg from set 60302 (part ID 6343846).

The pearl golden 1x1 round tile with "Yellow, White, Light Bluish Grey and Dark Red Circles print" (part ID 6322943) might be used as an amulet deep from the jungle.

From Star Wars:

Obi Wan' Hut (set 75270) might be used as an Arabian house after some minor modifications.

The Tusken Raider (from sets 75270 or 75299): Give him a yellow head with black beard, a keffiyeh (element ID 88287) and a rifle from the old Western sets and he makes a perfect Bedouin warrior. Or give him a flintlock rifle (part ID 4211311) or a flintlock pistol (part ID 6344738) from set 21322.

Golden sextant (part ID 6323378) from sets 76185 and 76156.

Bomber jacket torso from set 76195 (part ID 6366740).

Personally, I enjoy creating new characters to go adventuring. This needs new torso prints. 2021 has supplied a few:

973pb4185c01.png &  973pb4327c01.png &973pb4345c01.png 

973pb4376c01.png & 973pb4164c01.png973pb4170c01.png

That's just the first few that I like. While the licenced stuff is not the easiest, the rest are likely in B&P.

To be honest, this is partially building a shopping list for my next purchase!

On 10/9/2021 at 11:13 PM, Peppermint_M said:

To be honest, this is partially building a shopping list for my next purchase!

Same here ... :sceptic:

On 10/9/2021 at 11:13 PM, Peppermint_M said:

973pb4185c01.png 

That Misako torso is great! I already have the tan version:

973pb2094c01.png

Not sure yet how to use the Monkie Kid torso ...

21 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

that shade is a very tasty one

:thumbup:

A torso with a bow tie (part ID 6353129 from 2021 CITY advent calendar) to build Dr. Charles Lightning:

973pb4454c01.png

A torso (part ID 6308432 from set 60266) to build a sailor:

973pb3919c01.png

Edited by The Reader

11 hours ago, The Reader said:

One of the twelve mini-figures will be a female explorer with dual-moulded legs, bag, binoculars and a tucan (new mould).

That sounds nice, reminds me a bit of the paleontologist from Series 13, she could also be useful for some adventuring:

71008-6.jpg?201412171130

Last year I bought a small set from City line thus obtaining this interesting torso with legs, it definitely has some potential, but I'm yet to add it in any scenario:

cty1163.png

On 10/19/2021 at 8:09 AM, Jack Sassy said:

paleontologist from Series 13

That's a great minifig indeed!

On 10/19/2021 at 8:09 AM, Jack Sassy said:

this interesting torso

The torso is good, but with these modern buckles and harnesses it is (like other CITY torsos) imho less useful for classic adventurers from the 1920/1930s.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:43 PM, The Reader said:

One of the twelve mini-figures will be a female explorer with dual-moulded legs, bag, binoculars and a tucan (new mould).

I think she wears a modern base-cap. So she seems to be a modern ornithologist rather than an adventuress from the 1920/1930s.

Pigsy’s legs would be great for a short/young adventurer!

970cm00pb004.png

10 hours ago, Oky said:

Pigsy’s legs would be great for a short/young adventurer!

970cm00pb004.png

Good idea! What set are they from?

1 hour ago, The Reader said:

Good idea! What set are they from?

The pic links to the bricklink page. It’s only in two of the larger MK sets, but it’s also available on Bricks & Pieces. 

2 hours ago, Oky said:

The pic links to the bricklink page. It’s only in two of the larger MK sets, but it’s also available on Bricks & Pieces. 

Thank you! I wasn't aware of the hidden BL-link in the picture.

On 10/6/2021 at 12:23 PM, The Reader said:

Golden sextant (part ID 6323378) from sets 76185 and 76156.

That set also comes with a sweet hourglass with tan sand! Not necessarily an adventure item, but would fit into an adventurer's office or as part of some ancient mechanism.

23945pb02.png

11 hours ago, Oky said:

23945pb02.png

An hourglass!? In Lego!?

How come I didn't know it even exists? Now that I know it exists, why didn't they include it in the Astronomy Tower instead of that sticker on 1x2x2 brick?

Anyway, I really like the Ice Fisherman figure from CMF Series 5, I think his outfit could be used for Johnny and his band, whenever they might be somewhere cold (at least would look more realistic than their Mount Everest clothes :grin:):

col068.png

Once the snow comes around in my region, I might take a few pictures with Johnny and Doc in these outfits outside.

Yay, that's definitely a great thread idea! :excited:

Just with the newest 2021 parts, for "classic" adventurers, and without taking into account the animals who would obviously fit in all kind of adventure settings (ex. the dark anglerfish), I'd already list all the following...

Minifig parts 
6366740.jpg (not found on B&P)
6353165.jpg (not found on B&P)
6365603.jpg (not found on B&P)
6361169.jpg (not found on B&P)
6388274.jpg (not found on B&P)
6388276.jpg (not found on B&P)
6364627.jpg (not found on B&P)
6351757.jpg (available on B&P - Element ID 6351757)
6343689.jpg Perfect for a vintage lady of Adventure! (available on B&P - Element ID 6343689). 

Accessories & Equipment
6368309.jpg The small one, previously only available in red: glad to see a more subdued colour! (available on B&P for the completely surrealistic price of 19€ - Element ID 6368309 for the millionaires among us)
6326425.jpg (available on B&P - Element ID 6326425)
6365629.jpg Did not previously exist in medium nougat. (available on B&P - Element ID 6365629)

Printed parts
6362419.jpg First wood grain tile in dark orange (available on B&P - Element ID 6362419)
The printed globe head, which has already been mentioned but doesn't seem to be available on B&P anymore 

Other parts
6345509.jpg Glow in dark! (available on B&P - Element ID 6345509)
6338570.jpg A quite useful and versatile part IMO (available on B&P - Element ID 6338570)
And all the new opalescent parts - perfect to decorate a lost temple or something!

Edited by Aurore

21 minutes ago, Aurore said:

6368309.jpg The small one, previously only available in red: glad to see a more subdued colour! (available on B&P for the completely surrealistic price of 19€ - Element ID 6368309 for the millionaires among us)

I believe there was an older version for this boat in colours like dark bluish grey, but then again, that one couldn't fit the big crate (I'm not really sure if they both are similar in size).