Paperinik77pk

[MOC] Lego DB V60 - in 12v style

Hi all,

after seeing the beautiful V60 created by @Asper, I realized that I've never tried to represent it (I started with the V80 and V100). Being the iconic 7760 historically identified a s a V60, I did not pay too much attention to that specific group of locomotives.:hmpf_bad:

But it's a nice shunter and has a pretty complex shape, so I wondered if it could be possible to replicate it in 12v-style. :wub:

Lego DB V60 - 12V

The result is pretty similar to the 7760 and to the red little locomotive shown near the car-loader in 7777 book. The front hood starts in 4 wide, then becomes 5-wide to return again to 4-wide.

Lego DB V60 - 12v

The rear part of the cabin is 5-wide and features low doors (standard train doors were too big). 2x1x2 blue windows are going all around the cabin (no absurdly expensive 3x1x2 windows needed!)

I did not mean to make it too complicated, but at least representing the enlarging/restricting body was mandatory to make it different from the 7760. Paint scheme and the headlights were made to elaborate a bit the front and rear parts. Some handrails made with bars could have been nice, but were not existing as parts at the time.

Lego DB V60 - 12v - Red&Yellow

I made also the red version with yellow stripes - just to see how it was like.  The more I look at it the more I think also the V100 needs some restyling, now!

That's all for the moment! :laugh:

Ciao!

Davide 

A very nice new interpretation of a 12V classic!
Brings back sweet childhood memories... :wub:

What program did you use to render the pictures? Doesn't look like Stud.io.

Edited by Tenderlok

14 hours ago, Selander said:

Nice designs 👍 I love V60:s 😉

Thank you very much!!! :laugh:  They are nice locomotives indeed and deserve to be reproduced in any scale!

14 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

A very nice new interpretation of a 12V classic!
Brings back sweet childhood memories... :wub:

What program did you use to render the pictures? Doesn't look like Stud.io.

Ciao Sven!!!

Thanks as usual :sweet: - the CAD is always Stud.Io, but in the rendering panel I chose "POV-RAY" instead of "Photorealistic".

My poor spare computer (a barebone with a Celeron fanless and Intel Graphic card, even if souped up with a lot of memory and fast SSDs), has no power to generate high level renderings, but it seems times and quality is acceptable with this POV-RAY method. It has a more "playful" feeling :classic:

I hope to get back to a more powerful rig, but for the moment prices are way too high due to "chip crisis".:wall:

Edited by Paperinik77pk

Hi Davide,

thanks for the information!

On 10/5/2021 at 10:54 AM, Paperinik77pk said:

It has a more "playful" feeling

That's exactly what I thought. The pictures almost look as if they were from an advertising campaign of the '80s.
I like that nostalgic appeal very much!

Edited by Tenderlok

I love this! Keep 12v alive. I may try to build this at some point... Davide, your MOC's are amazing! I especially love your large steam engines.

7 hours ago, Reker1000000 said:

I love this! Keep 12v alive. I may try to build this at some point... Davide, your MOC's are amazing! I especially love your large steam engines.

Thanks!!! It's a very appreaciated compliment, sincerely! :sweet:

4 hours ago, Asper said:

Wonderful - I like the parts used for the headlights. Great idea!

Thank you sir!!! :laugh:

awesome model really nice bulding style it for shure is difficult to make the model look like the prototype but not going to fancy and ruining the 12v astetic 

3 hours ago, XG BC said:

awesome model really nice bulding style it for shure is difficult to make the model look like the prototype but not going to fancy and ruining the 12v astetic 

Thanks!!! :wink:

It's not so difficult, mainly a matter of exercise! :classic:

Just pick a prototype, try to keep the overall shape, find the main details and try to understand how to reproduce them with parts and colors of the time.

In some cases I go beyond the 4,5v and 12v style, not including the big doors for example, and in some cases using SNOT tecniques - applying the rule "piece was existing at the time and I can use it as I like". I'm more restrictive on color palette,and this is blocking a lot of nice prototypes to be drawn and built (e.g. green wagons).

Basically for Gray Era trains from the 80s you've to downgrade your mind to 8-bit! :grin:

My brain never upgraded, though.:hmpf_bad:

**** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****

64k RAM SYSTEM  38911 BYTES FREE

READY.

3 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Thanks!!! :wink:

It's not so difficult, mainly a matter of exercise! :classic:

Just pick a prototype, try to keep the overall shape, find the main details and try to understand how to reproduce them with parts and colors of the time.

In some cases I go beyond the 4,5v and 12v style, not including the big doors for example, and in some cases using SNOT tecniques - applying the rule "piece was existing at the time and I can use it as I like". I'm more restrictive on color palette,and this is blocking a lot of nice prototypes to be drawn and built (e.g. green wagons).

Basically for Gray Era trains from the 80s you've to downgrade your mind to 8-bit! :grin:

READY.

i mean you are thinking similar to how i think when doing 4 wide models just that i am kinda going the other way with like how can i make this piece stay on? but the overall line of thinking is very similar!

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

... and the relative motors were available...

....working on it, but it's a real mess to "pirate" those old parts  :pir-grin:

22 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

READY.

I bet Geos blew your mind!

3 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

I bet Geos blew your mind!

Indeed! I bought 512kb of ram for the C128 in order to run it, discovering three weeks later that the new AMIGA was out. :damn:

Gentle reminder that this topic is about DB V60 in 12V style and not a gathering of computer geeks ;) Even though I think that a love for LEGO Trains and (embedded) computer systems makes perfect sense :)