Svelte

Lego Death Star 10188 - Pics at last!

Well this is good news! The Death Star set in the United Kingdom is £199.99! A much better price over the anticipated one.

-- Andrex

Edited by Andrex

Hope this has not been stated already, but:

I just yesterday recieved the shop at home catalog and it says that crank on the side of the death star is indeed for raising the small elevator for stormtroopers to access the hanger bay.

Wow, that was a long sentence. :wacko:

I'm sorry but I don't get the sense of your topic.

Maybe you should have just posted this in the DS topic?

Benny

I just yesterday recieved the shop at home catalog and it says that crank on the side of the death star is indeed for raising the small elevator for stormtroopers to access the hanger bay.

And... ?

:skull:

I think he is just telling us that he found the purpose of the mystery crank in the Death Star, which does belong on the Death Star topic, so I'm sure a mod or someone will merge the topics soon enough. Its obvious that the designers have put a lot of detailing and feeatures in the Death Star, but wow they seem to have put every little thing that happened in the movies into this set even the elavator that Han and Luke took to get to the prision block, so they really did an excellent job with this I'm sure it will be one of the best Starwars sets ever, it's just to bad some of us can't afford it *cough* me :cry_sad: *cough*.

This should really go in the Death Star topic...

:skull:

This should really go in the Death Star topic...

Indeed it should. Merged!

Canada's being slightly beaten up by that 500$ price, but I'll still try my best to buy this set...

I'm very happy about this price revelation! £199.99 makes it that bit more accessbile. Now, if I get it, where will I put it...? :laugh:

Has anyone who's planning to buy this already decided the perfect place to display it?

Hi, Guys! Just been on the Lego site and the price of the Death Star has jumped upto £274.99. Thats quite a leap. Having second thoughts about this now, I mean thats quite a severe hike in price. Anybody out there already ordered their set and have you been e-mailed about a new price or are you still getting it at the £199.99 mark.

Hi, Guys! Just been on the Lego site and the price of the Death Star has jumped upto £274.99. Thats quite a leap. Having second thoughts about this now, I mean thats quite a severe hike in price. Anybody out there already ordered their set and have you been e-mailed about a new price or are you still getting it at the £199.99 mark.

Yeah. The Australian price just changed to $629.99. I have pre-ordered two copies already, and have the invoice. :sweet:

Swedens S@H has also increased the price on the Death Star set. Not by quite as much as in UK. But it's still a lot cheaper for the britts though... :(

Well this is a major sack of crap. Thank LEGO... thanks a bunch. :thumbdown::angry:

TK

Well this is a major sack of crap. Thank LEGO... thanks a bunch. :thumbdown::angry:

TK

*looks at sig and takes it to heart*

*eye twitches as TDF wonders if TK is serious*

*eye continues to twitch as he wonders if TK is critical of the price or the set itself*

HAZABABA?!???!!! How dare you to change the price? But I was excepting something like this, because the MTT was just 105€, first time on the site, and then the changed the price into 119.99€, 124.99€, 129.99€ and finally 139.99€.

But for my luck, I ordered the DS last Tuesday in a Lego Store, so I get it for 300€ and without shippingcost.^^

Well this sucks. But maybe they'll drop the price like they did with the Star Justice and Space Skulls sets.

These price increases seem to becoming a regular thing, well at least here in Australia. First Green Grocer and now the Death Star. It certainly looks like it pays to jump in early these days. I know I did. :classic:

These price increases seem to becoming a regular thing, well at least here in Australia. First Green Grocer and now the Death Star. It certainly looks like it pays to jump in early these days. I know I did. :classic:

What a surprise - Lego is trying to screw Europeans over again!

Thank god I already ordered - parity with US prices, I knew that had to be a mistake

...do you think Lego will honour the price of those that already ordered?

How dare Lego rip people off like this - if they can make a profit on $399 in the US, why do they charge $540 in the UK?????

Why is there such an incredible difference in price?

Yes. They did when I ordered Green Grocer.

I believe that this was a planned thing. If it was a misstake we would have seen this in one or two countries. Not every country. And even if it was a misstake they wont be able to later on come and demand more money. At least in Sweden I think it's considered to be a contract as soon as you submit your order. A contract that applies to both parties. And for lego to charge extra because of a misstake they've done I beleave would be illegal. At least it would generate a whole lot of "badwill".

Why is there such an incredible difference in price?

Guessing it has to do with VAT, cheaper transports, low wages, tougher competion on the toy market, etc.. I don't think that there really is a simple answer to that question...

We must show TLC, that these prices aren't okay and faire! So I started a programm for a big letter to LEGO, I will describe this sitation and that they make a mistake-thats bad for us and for TLC, too! So give your meaning in this thread its a german Forum, but you can say it in Englisch as well! Please help us :thumbup:

for a better price worldwide!!!!

greetz Asajj Ventress

damn, I saw this price increase comming, but not this fast, should have ordered earlier. This is so low, the fact also that those who don't have to save up some money first can get the set the cheapest. This really makes me mad and wonder why is still collect SW Lego.

We should do some European boycot. I wonyt buy Lego sets anymore during 2008 after that, I'll see...