evancelt

[COR-FB] You Don't Need To Run Faster Than The Bear

The two soldiers were out for a patrol from Fort Arltrees.

As they entered a small stand of trees, they came across a cute baby bear. They tossed it some cheese and then came close to pet its head.

Then the mama bear appeared.

As they fled for their lives, the soldier in front remembered something his cousin had told him as a child: "You don't need to run faster than the bear to get away, you just need to run faster than the guy behind you".

With this in mind, he tossed his musket aside and ran a little faster.

bear-1.jpg

bear-2.jpg

bear-3.jpg

bear-4.jpg

Instructive story. "You just need to run faster than the guy behind you!":pir_laugh2: The build looks good and lifelike. Well represented how the soldiers run away. The adapter for the feet is practical.

I had some serious laughs with this story! Perfect posing, really nice trees and snot baseplate! And somehow this extended arm doesn't look out of place!

10 hours ago, NOD said:

Instructive story

:pir-laugh::pir-grin::pir_laugh2:

haha!  Great posing, great technique for the backpack, and I also love the pizza tiles on the tree trunk.  The contrast in the expression of the two soldiers is hilarious. :pir-laugh:

:laugh: Very funny scene!  The vegetation and irregular base are great, and the posing is excellent as well :pir-grin:  I'll second Kai about the quarter tiles too - great idea there!

On 10/3/2021 at 12:29 AM, NOD said:

Instructive story. "You just need to run faster than the guy behind you!":pir_laugh2: The build looks good and lifelike. Well represented how the soldiers run away. The adapter for the feet is practical.

Haha I hope you don't learn too much from the bluecoats' bad example. Honorable Corlanders would put up a fight! They have bayonets after all

On 10/3/2021 at 1:41 AM, Fraunces said:

Nice action put in bricks! Very good,.

Thanks! I'm a big fan of those clear minifig posing elements. They allow for all sorts of scene staging and present a fun angle for mounting architectural elements.

On 10/3/2021 at 11:14 AM, blackdeathgr said:

I had some serious laughs with this story! Perfect posing, really nice trees and snot baseplate! And somehow this extended arm doesn't look out of place!

:pir-laugh::pir-grin::pir_laugh2:

Thanks! Yeah after @KotZ made that corporal punishment Corrington build I figured it was time to poke fun at the bluecoats!

4 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

haha!  Great posing, great technique for the backpack, and I also love the pizza tiles on the tree trunk.  The contrast in the expression of the two soldiers is hilarious. :pir-laugh:

Thanks! I got the idea for the backpacks from @quiriacus on Instagram. It uses the 2x2 TLG rubber belt to attach the suitcase and technic pin. I really like the different colors made available by interchangeable parts. I saw the pizza tiles / quarter round tiles used as fungus by @BardDandelion and figured I should give it a try!

49 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

:laugh: Very funny scene!  The vegetation and irregular base are great, and the posing is excellent as well :pir-grin:  I'll second Kai about the quarter tiles too - great idea there!

Thanks! I saw @Kai NRG's recent kite build on Instagram and figured I'd try a brown base with green on top

Haha very clever! Glad to see a build get back at the corproal punishment one.