DMRR WOLFE

MOC Hogwarts Express build! Help!

This is my first train MOC (and my first post!) that started out as a "simple" upgrade to set 75955 and, well, I just got a little carried away. I originally wanted to add a bit more detail, but after researching the "Hall" class locomotives, a dozen bricklink orders, wheels from Big Ben's Bricks and the Brick Train Depot, and 4+ months of on-and-off-again building, I think I have finaly something that looks like a locomotive! I've had more fun, challenges and frustration than from any other MOC I've ever built before, but I'm now hooked on building ONLY Lego trains....and maybe some Star Wars stuff.....and modulars......and.............

Still plenty to do, but as I'm stuck on a couple SNOT connections, I'm going to be asking for your help with this as I finish up the build.

Some details: it will run on standard track but it is big at 62 studs long with the boiler 6W to accommodate an L motor, PFx brick and lights (the flickering coal in the fire box looks so cool) 7W walkway, 8W cab, and the battery and speaker in the 8W tender (9W at the top) 51534370374_4937fd0df9_b.jpg51534383144_0bf1b1ed07_z.jpg

Hope to get the plans ready by Christmas!

Thanks!

DMRR Wolfe

As someone who has worked on a similar MOC, I can only say: EPIC model. I love what you've done with the wheels on the tender.

You've done an amazing job with this MOC... though are you sure this is your first MOC? It looks like you must have been doing MOCs for years (grin). Do you have a flickr account with more pictures?

Great work on rebuilding the Hall Class from the paltry Hogwart's Express model to your MOC. The size increase really makes this locomotive pop. I like how you have slanted the top of the boiler to properly reflect the shaping of the real engine. Stuffing the L motor in the boiler must have been a fun challenge too. Overall, this is about what I would like to see with a UCS Hogwart's Castle. Brick on!

Looks great so far!  Hopefully you won't end up needing to re-engineer too much for those finishing touches... that's always fun.  :wink:  As others have said, great shaping and scale while still keeping it runnable.