Stoertebricker

[MOC] Black "Brick" Pearl (motorized with PF)

Hi mates!

It has been some time, I only teased differend WIPs but never showed a finished one the last months... :pir-skel:

No honestly, I just had no time - but now it´s here:

Davy Jones, do you fear the Black Pearl?

51511324777_90f463ec6e_c.jpg

The ship is fully motorized accompanying my "Rolling" Dutchman:

Motorized Features:
  • Rolling movement caused by waves (1. L-Motor)
  • Motorized movement for- and backward (1. L-Motor, switched manually)
  • Motorized steering with simoultaneously rotating ship´s wheel, rudder and steering mechanism (1.S-Motor)
  • Motorized sail trim with turning capstan and changing sail position of all square sails (2.S-Motor)
  • All features can be controlled by rc-control via 4 channels and two receivers
  • The battery box can slide out easily to switch on/off and change batteries

EXTRA:

• The lower cannons can fire a broadside automatically!

General Features:
  • Two decks with cannons (one side the lower deck is closed to store the motors)
  • The two tripple-barreld chasers can manually slide backwards and then the gun ports can be closed
  • Handmade sails or original Lego-Sails
  • Two functional anchors
  • Upper cabin minifigure size (illuminated by light-brick)
  • The ropes between the masts can be removed easily to take them apart for transport

Some videos in the flickr album, showing the different fuctions:

Black-Pearl at Flickr

52725497642_976afaa8f1_c.jpg

52726271819_0574b10838_c.jpgBlack-Pearl Full Broadside Firing 2

There is also a video on youtube showing the ship and its functions (german):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35WEGDM8yYE

The functions are shown at e.g. 04:55 and the shooting mechanism at 07:18.

51512349043_2212342792_c.jpg

51512125081_63747f550a_c.jpg

51512349358_393e989d71_c.jpg

51512840004_ddb4756c98_c.jpg

51512454448_7df8cdfd17_c.jpg

I have the ship with self-made sails fitting the style of my "Rolling" Dutchman as well:

51513162775_b3db513e82_c.jpg

51512456563_b54112d491_c.jpg

I hope you enjoy it!

My dream is a video reassembling the popular footage in the maelstroom, I hope I can arrange something similar in the future... :pir-love:

Yours, Captain Störtebricker

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Stoertebricker
Added some videos

A jolly good version! I really like this version of the Pearl (there are so many of them nowadays). Amazing job! :pir-thumb:

(Would be interesting to see someone build Black Pearl on a wider brick-built hull. I know that Babyteeth created one but I need more. :pir-grin:)

I absolutely love this build, but as is the nature of a single colour build, a lot of the more innovative design details get lost.

Stunning build regardless!

This is a very nice ship with great additional functions.:pir-love: I also liked the video. Fortunately it was in German and I could understand everything.

20 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

A jolly good version! I really like this version of the Pearl (there are so many of them nowadays). Amazing job! :pir-thumb:

(Would be interesting to see someone build Black Pearl on a wider brick-built hull. I know that Babyteeth created one but I need more. :pir-grin:)

Thanks @Jack Sassy! I decided to take partly the prefab hull for stability reasons. But I divided it at the front to accompany the front wheels and the back ppart is brick built do get a more curvy shape to the stern (You can see it in the last foto).

16 hours ago, thewatchman said:

I absolutely love this build, but as is the nature of a single colour build, a lot of the more innovative design details get lost.

Stunning build regardless!

a black pearl is somehow black, true. The blue tiles scattered around give it some more reflections but yes, still black :pir-vader:

3 hours ago, PxChris said:

Very impressive!

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, NOD said:

This is a very nice ship with great additional functions.:pir-love: I also liked the video. Fortunately it was in German and I could understand everything.

Thanks @NOD and @ Henry from klemmbausteinlyrik, I think I would not had the time to make a video this long on my own.