Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - Faction Flavours] Observation Platform, Stormhaven

A flimsy observation post, somewhere in the marshes of the Marion river, near Stormhaven.

Officer: I say, is that a white spotted greater marsh boobie? Ye Gods! I think it is. (leans further forward to get a better look)

Pioneer: Sir, please step back, this platform has been precision engineered and you risk toppling into the swamp

Officer: What is that you say man??? Oh my! Two! there are two boobies!

Pioneer: (rather dryly) There usually are...... Sir, I must caution you, please step back.

Officer: I must record this. (reaches for a quill, which breaks). Damn! I say, (examines the quill) Made in Eslandola - well that explains it... rubbish quality control.

Pioneer: Indeed Sir, mass produced for a quick profit.

Officer: Be a good chap and nip down and get me a reed. I can fashion an new nib from one.

Pioneer: Surely you jest, there are crocodiles down there.

Officer: Crocodiles...? Oh you mean the Serentia River Crocodile, nevermind old chap, they only eat fish.

Pioneer: Tell that to the crocodile Sir, look if you want to wade around down there, please feel free. I'm remaining here until the canoe returns for us.

Another typical day in Corrington!

51518162217_931ce15520_c.jpg

5 uses of the telescope in this one! I tried for the same style dialogue as my Eslandolan entry with a contrast between the pragmatic engineer and the absent minded naturalist!

A build for the current mini challenge, but not to be included in judging please. I'd like to exclude myself from this competition.

Great natural landscape. The crocodile is well camouflaged. It's not a water lily. I like the reeds and the tree is also very well built. One has the impression that it is round.

Nice little vig and hilarious story, Ayrlego! :laugh:  The half-connected angled vegetation works really well, and that watchtower definitely does look a little flimsy! :grin:

:pir-laugh:  This was a fun read!  Great uses of the scope, the platform looks suitably rickety for sure.  I am wondering where the rest of that croc's body is. :pir_tong2:  The sand green telescope reeds look quite good though, especially with the half-attached angles!