LEGO Train 12 Volts

DB118 & Blauer Enzian

Hello everyone,

today I want to present my replica of this beautiful convoy created by user Thomas.

The train consists of the electric locomotive 118-020-7 (from Bricks On Rails + some modifications to the pantographs)...

db118-001.jpg

...and four wagons, the head and tail have the typical rounded shape. :wub:

db118-004.jpg

I wanted to build this convoy, whose name recalls the flower "Blue Gentian", due to the extreme elegance of its dark blue. :excited:

db118-003.jpg

I also found windows in this color from Bluebrixx making the model even more exclusive! :wink:

db118-002.jpg

db118-005.jpg

db118-006.jpg

...thanks for watching! :classic:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Hello Lego Train 12 Volts ( I can´t find your first name, sorry),

cool, immediately recognizable that this is a "Blauer Enzian".

The cars look particularly familiar, but somehow one is missing or? Should be 5, or ;-)

Thanks for mentioning it, similarities are definitely there.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
the carriages had to be 5 but the cost of each one is so high that I gave up! :laugh: ...furthermore the 8 studs wide carriages are so large to maintain the proportions that four carriages for me are the perfect compromise between size, weight and accuracy of the model.
What I like about this train are also the red wheels of the locomotive ...I was missing them in my collection! :classic:

Emanuele

Hi Emanuele,

looks really good! :thumbup:
Do you plan to actually build that magnificent overhead line from the render pictures (maybe at least a short piece as a display background for new models)?

Best regards,
Sven

Hi Sven, I don't think so, but I have a project for the new railway circuit which I hope will see the light in a few months.
The collection is now nearing its end (I know ...I always say that! :grin:)

Thanks for your compliments! :classic:

Emanuele, I really forgot your name, sorry

Fun fact: My first locomotive was strongly inspired by your BR05-003. I only showed it in a German forum (with reference to you).
Therefore, I am particularly pleased that I could now inspire you.

11 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

hehe, I don't think so ;-)

Thomas

5 minutes ago, Ts__ said:

Fun fact: My first locomotive was strongly inspired by your BR05-003.

...thanks for giving me credit but your version of the BR03 is truly unique in the lego universe! :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, Ts__ said:

hehe, I don't think so ;-)

Thomas

You talk like my wife ...but your're right, trains are a drug for me! :laugh:

Great build Emanuele! It is really elegant and well-proportioned, and a great addition to your collection!!! The overhead line is magnificent - I like it a lot! :wub::wub::wub:

Ciao!

Davide

3 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

The collection is now nearing its end

Oh, c'mon - you don't really believe this yourself, do you? :laugh:

P.S.: Congratulations for being frontpaged!

Edited by Tenderlok

This build looks really great! I can never get enough of the dark colors and you've used them in a top notch MOC. Meanwhile, I agree with the others that the catenary in the renders really pops (the classic 12v supports help)

4 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

As in "You're older than you've ever been and now your even older, and now your even older, and now your older still"?

19 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

As in "You're older than you've ever been and now your even older, and now your even older, and now your older still"?

Ahahahah ...I think it is a widespread feeling here on the forum! :pir-huzzah2:

5 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Thanks for the compliments Davide! :blush:

I haven't seen you around in a while, do you have new projects coming up? :classic:

Ciao Emanuele! It's true - it was a busy summer (mainly due to work reasons) so I did not follow Lego stuff for awhile, basically since my last drawings in 1:87. Plus, the old PC has broken down so now I'm using a small spare barebone PC, not so powerful for CAD and renderings.

Main project now is to go on with the garden railway, but restoring all the old track (copper rails and 40 years old  wooden sleepers) is a slow and steady work :wub:

5 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

Oh, c'mon - you don't really believe this yourself, do you? :laugh:

P.S.: Congratulations for being frontpaged!

I was doubtful on that "collection sentence" too :laugh: - I follow the congratulations from @Tenderlok !!!  (Ciao Sven!)

Well - tipping hat, and a slight bow.

What else.

Wonderful. Just enjoying the pictures - every single one.

For me Emanuele, there is one thing that is very "assuring": There is no surprise. There is: "Ohhh - new entry from Emanuele". OK. That has to wait a little though, when the daylight is fading and work is done. When a nice bottle of ice-cold beer is waiting. And then, when other new entries were passing by - I click on your entry. Before scrolling down, there is this hiss (tiny, the beer is ice-cold) - and then I sit back and relax. And enjoy everything that is "appearing".

Frontpaged? Uhm - of course?

Thank you very much for all these wonderful models you create and show here. This one is as beautiful as so many others you have created.

Warmly, and please say hello to the family!
Thorsten

13 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Main project now is to go on with the garden railway, but restoring all the old track (copper rails and 40 years old  wooden sleepers) is a slow and steady work :wub:

It sounds good Davide!

9 hours ago, Toastie said:

Tipping hat, and a slight bow.

Beautiful comment Thorsten! :thumbup:

The description of the scene is very similar to the one I experience when in the evening, after a day of work, I dig through the topics looking for something that leaves me speechless.

Thanks for the warm welcome that I reciprocate! :classic:

Hi Emanuele ,

This is a wonderful train and a great presentation (as always!) - thank you for sharing.

Steffen

9 hours ago, Asper said:

This is a wonderful train and a great presentation (as always!) - thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the compliments ...I am always fascinated by the beauty of your DB Class V60! :wub:

5 hours ago, Sérgio said:

You did a great job!

Thank you Sérgio ...you're very kind! :thumbup:

Hi Emanuele

Many compliments for the MOC it deserves the frontpage and, also if I'm focused on boiling affairs:laugh:, it's really charming. I agree with the overhead line enthusiasm but I realize that is not easy to make, above all in the curves.

Sergio

13 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Amazing work on those subtle angles. 

The rounded parts were the most stimulating of this project ...obviously my work was reverse engineering because the original idea was by Thomas :thumbup:

11 hours ago, monai said:

Many compliments for the MOC it deserves the frontpage and, also if I'm focused on boiling affairs:laugh:

I know steam is always first for me too but I like to have diesel and electric models in the collection as well :wink:

6 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Fantastic work.

Thank you very much! :classic: