BC01pool

【BCPL MOC】China Railway “DF” diesel locomotive

Hello everyone,today I want to share my new MOC with your.

"Dongfeng" diesel locomotive is a diesel locomotive produced in China from 1958 to 1972. (The appearance of Dongfeng 3 diesel locomotive is consistent with that of Dongfeng, and the production year is 1972-1974)

The Chinese pronunciation of "Dongfeng" is " 东 风 ", which means the wind in the East. It means that the east wind brings hope and vitality to the country and people.

Today, the diesel locomotives have all been retired, and some locomotives have entered museums and parks for display.

(These pictures come from the Internet.)

8f87340303091506.jpg

3db344220bf1b215.jpg

Next is my work display. This picture was taken in my garden. The slope of the front is what I'm proud of. The back carriage are also my MOC.

I chose the most conventional green for the locomotive body, because this green can show different depths in different light environments, which is very interesting.

The sticker is designed by myself and uses ordinary paper.

8288c421701d6848.jpg

This is my favorite photo, which can highlight the characteristics of the locomotive.There are two lights on the front of the locomotive.

0f97ad9bb59990da.jpg

On the side of the locomotive, I used a lot of "32028" to depict the body, making the work more vivid.

2b697a4bb33064c3.jpg

The back of the locomotive is provided with number and allocation place.

29935adbf3ab15f1.jpg

The roof can be easily removed.The power uses the Bluetooth battery box of mouldking and two XL motors of LEGO. There is no problem with the locomotive running. I am very satisfied with the traction.I can use my mobile phone to remotely control the locomotive.

1d6921e2132ac9bf.jpg

The diesel engine in the middle is movable, and a rod is connected to the motor.

258e473e5b3df697.jpg

In July this year, I attended a Bricks lovers' Party in Guangzhou. This is a group photo of my locomotive and other MOCER s' locomotive.

I'm the head of the train area for this party,I took a lot of photos for this party. If you are interested, I will open another new topic to show you the photos.

e111dc964fe74fc5.jpg

c64d01712f22f53d.jpg

Finally, thank you for watching.

You did a great job with some challenging curves, excellent rendition of the prototype.

21 hours ago, BC01pool said:

I'm the head of the train area for this party,I took a lot of photos for this party. If you are interested, I will open another new topic to show you the photos.

That would be great, please do

20 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful locomotive! :wub:

I always like to see the three-axle configurations and the solutions used for the motion transmission! :thumbup:

Great job with the stickers too! 

Thank you very much,I also like the three-axle locomotive.

20 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Great MOC - the locomotive is very nice and you reproduced a lot of details! Really really really well done!!! :wub:

Ciao!

Davide

Thank you for your compliment. :laugh:

Thank you very much !:grin:

17 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

This is a really beautiful model, very accurate and well-executed! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing! 

Thank you very much !:grin:

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

You did a great job with some challenging curves, excellent rendition of the prototype. 

That would be great, please do

Yes, the curve took me a lot of effort to design. Thank you for your compliment.:laugh:

Sweet!  That's a difficult prototype, very challenging indeed.  I think the nose is more successful than most solutions for curved front ends.

Metta,

Ivan

On 9/26/2021 at 6:41 AM, ivanlan9 said:

Sweet!  That's a difficult prototype, very challenging indeed.  I think the nose is more successful than most solutions for curved front ends.

Metta,

Ivan 

Thank you for your compliment,I am also satisfied with the scheme of the front end of the locomotive.

18 hours ago, Asper said:

Great model, very realistic! It has many clever details. 

Thank you.:laugh:

14 hours ago, LEGOTrainBuilderSG said:

Fantastic details both on the outside and inside. The locomotive must be really powerful with two massive motors powering each bogie. 

Any videos of the locomotive running? 

Thank you for your compliment.

Yes, I have a video of locomotive operation.

Here is the link to the video:https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1zf4y1V7Wi?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0

On 9/27/2021 at 10:17 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Great work. I like the use of the plates with rails for the sides. 

Thank you for your compliment

16 hours ago, Sérgio said:

Sexy nose curves!

Yeah, the nose curve of this locomotive is very special. Thank you!

It looks really nice. One question though, The battery box and XL motors seem to be off-brand because I do not see a receiver and there is also four connection points. Where can I get a hold of this? As a builder, authentic LEGO brand can sometimes be quite the penny. 

17 minutes ago, AlexxInc said:

It looks really nice. One question though, The battery box and XL motors seem to be off-brand because I do not see a receiver and there is also four connection points. Where can I get a hold of this? As a builder, authentic LEGO brand can sometimes be quite the penny. 

To be quite honest, I don't see any Lego logos on any of the bricks that are visible. It's quite possible the motors that were mentioned in the first post are the only Lego parts on the MOC. (I could be wrong though!)

EDIT: Nope, they aren't Lego either, upon closer inspection.

Edited by Murdoch17

@Murdoch17 I did notice that the pieces were not LEGO, but the creator of this lives in China and I believe that there are less stores available there. Chains such as MouldKing and other leading brands exist there. I have no hate towards those companies, but I like to use LEGO parts as much as possible. Exceptions for me include motor elements, parts not available in specific color, expensive train elements, custom elements, etc. What I am trying to say is that it is okay to use what is available and I give props to BC01POOL if that makes sense.:classic:

@BC01pool Those other trains in the back ground of one of the images look nice too, such as the QJ locomotive!

Edited by AlexxInc

Oh man that sloping on the front is to die for! the overall shaping of the front is just fantastic!