Sign in to follow this  
lmcpicture

[COR - Faction Flavours] The Hertzie tower

Deimos Anaximander the well-known Oleon astronomer and cartographer who serves no faction, has recently been put under Corrington protection. After gossip involving his religious beliefs spread the streets of Oleon. Despite having helped all factions by creating accurate maps of the new world, his religious views have led to him receiving many death threats. And after a failed assassination attempt, he saw no other option then to seek refuge in another colony. He managed to reach out to some of his fellow scientist friends in Port Woodhouse, who hired the Privateer Edward Scarver to assure his escape. He was welcomed to Woodhouse with open arms after spending some time with his friends, he was moved to an old tower on the west coast of Celestia which one of the scientists had bought some years ago as an escape from society. The tower was supplied with everything he might need to proceed with his research and just to be on the safe side, he was accompanied by a small company of guards. Thus, after the most stressful time of his life, Deimos can finally continue his passion and seek answers in the stars above.

The Hertzie towerThe Hertzie towerThe Hertzie towerThe Hertzie towerThe Hertzie tower

The Hertzie tower

And creds to @Justsomebrix for helping me with the story and writing on my post :pir-grin:

Edited by lmcpicture

1 hour ago, lmcpicture said:

his religious views have led to him receiving many death threats. And after a failed assassination attempt

Permission to pick this thread up?

It's a great build. Nicely done. Feel like you missed a trick by not using a telescope piece as part of the telescope, though. Is that where the inspiration came from?

Interesting story and nice tower. I particularly like the upper part with the battlements and the interior.

Great ! Lovely build with an interesting story.

This half-tower is a smart idea.

I like the solar system device inside the tower, what a good idea this astromic tower... well thought, really.

Lovely work!  The sloped base is fantastic, and your treatment of the curves on the tower is excellent as well.  And great interior! - it definitely paid off to go through the extra effort with that, and the curving stairs, lights, and astronomical details add a great deal to the build :thumbup:

The combo between curved tower and square top is really messing with my eyes... in a good way!  Really cool interior details too, I love the sun and planets especially. 

19 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Permission to pick this thread up?

It's a great build. Nicely done. Feel like you missed a trick by not using a telescope piece as part of the telescope, though. Is that where the inspiration came from?

Yeah sure, and thanks. I used a telescope as part of the telescope it's just not that visible in any of the pics (it's placed at the back of the telescope):pir-wink:

19 hours ago, NOD said:

Interesting story and nice tower. I particularly like the upper part with the battlements and the interior.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Great ! Lovely build with an interesting story.

This half-tower is a smart idea.

I like the solar system device inside the tower, what a good idea this astromic tower... well thought, really.

Thanks. Wanted it to feel like a astronomer lived there, so the device was a must :pir-grin:.

17 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Lovely work!  The sloped base is fantastic, and your treatment of the curves on the tower is excellent as well.  And great interior! - it definitely paid off to go through the extra effort with that, and the curving stairs, lights, and astronomical details add a great deal to the build :thumbup:

Thanks. Glad the extra effort on the slope base and the interior was worth it :pir_laugh2:. Used about the same time on the lighting as I did with the build to get it the way I wanted it, I'm glad it paid off. 

14 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

The combo between curved tower and square top is really messing with my eyes... in a good way!  Really cool interior details too, I love the sun and planets especially. 

Thanks:thumbup:. I tried to mix it up a bit to make the design more interesting. 

Lovely work on the curvature of the tower, I especially like the way you cut it open to show the interior. The spiralling staircase is a favourite detail of mine here! Very nice work.

13 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Lovely work on the curvature of the tower, I especially like the way you cut it open to show the interior. The spiralling staircase is a favourite detail of mine here! Very nice work.

Thanks. Didn't plan on making the interior at all, but at the end it was worth it :thumbup:.

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine tower indeed!

Thanks!

On 9/23/2021 at 7:12 PM, lmcpicture said:

Deimos Anaximander the well-known Oleon astronomer and cartographer who serves no faction, has recently been put under Corrington protection. After gossip involving his religious beliefs spread the streets of Oleon. Despite having helped all factions by creating accurate maps of the new world, his religious views have led to him receiving many death threats. And after a failed assassination attempt, he saw no other option then to seek refuge in another colony. He managed to reach out to some of his fellow scientist friends in Port Woodhouse, who hired the Privateer Edward Scarver to assure his escape. He was welcomed to Woodhouse with open arms after spending some time with his friends, he was moved to an old tower on the west coast of Celestia which one of the scientists had bought some years ago as an escape from society. The tower was supplied with everything he might need to proceed with his research and just to be on the safe side, he was accompanied by a small company of guards. Thus, after the most stressful time of his life, Deimos can finally continue his passion and seek answers in the stars above.

The Hertzie towerThe Hertzie towerThe Hertzie towerThe Hertzie towerThe Hertzie tower

The Hertzie tower

And creds to @Justsomebrix for helping me with the story and writing on my post :pir-grin:

This Build looks so nice! Especially the lights of the torches. :pir-sweet:

On 10/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, MetallFanYT said:

This Build looks so nice! Especially the lights of the torches. :pir-sweet:

On 10/11/2021 at 8:11 PM, Brickwolf said:
  • Great tower!:thumbup:

Thanks!