evancelt

[COR - Faction Flavours] Ninian's Priory, Breshaun

"Enough is enough, Brother Phillipe!"

"When you joined our order you agreed to shave your head."

"I don't know what Bishop François had you doing in Terraversa, but you've been back in Breshaun for 3 weeks and it's time to cut your hair!"

goblets-1.jpg

-----------------------

Submitted as a Oleon entry in the Faction Flavours Mini Challenge.

Though a bit of a rush job, it was fun to discover goblets have a pin hole in the bottom, fit a round plate base in the top, and can be tesslated together!

Can you spot the 9 uses of the element? Some are pretty hard to see.

Spoiler

I think there are 28 total in the build, with ~24 visible in this photo. Two of the back legs of the candle table and two of the ones stuck in the wall aren't visible here. A little hard to tell the doorknob is a goblet!

Isn't it interesting these simple monastic brothers have so much gold? :pir-grin:

Licensed as a small cultural building in Breshaun

Edited by evancelt

Great build and funny story. It was fun to find the 9 goblet uses.:pir-classic: You have built-in this creatively.

Another excellent build from you. Great job incorporating so many uses of the goblet piece. The gold parts are a nice accent to the grey, especially around the perimeter. Where are the robes from? They look great.

14 hours ago, evancelt said:

so much gold?

Ha. Funny. :grin:

I've commented on the pic on Flickr, but it is a lovely build. Kudos for managing to put something together on a tight schedule. 

I'm curious whether you had any kind of story surrounding Ninian?

On 9/23/2021 at 8:58 AM, NOD said:

Great build and funny story. It was fun to find the 9 goblet uses.:pir-classic: You have built-in this creatively.

Thanks! It was a rush job because I had an hour to make it and take the photo. Glad it worked out to fit some many different uses in!

23 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

That window with the transparent cups is so good! 

Thanks! It isn't especially strong, but it looks cool :pir-huzzah2: My favorite was the doorknob, though it's hard to see.

10 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Another excellent build from you. Great job incorporating so many uses of the goblet piece. The gold parts are a nice accent to the grey, especially around the perimeter. Where are the robes from? They look great.

Ha. Funny. :grin:

Thanks! The robes are from the "plague doctor" figure available on BrickWarriors. They are meant to be black, but when I saw the brown variant knew it was time for monk habits! I've used them on some Redwall builds too.

6 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I've commented on the pic on Flickr, but it is a lovely build. Kudos for managing to put something together on a tight schedule. 

I'm curious whether you had any kind of story surrounding Ninian?

Thanks! I haven't had any time to flesh out Ninian and you are welcome to do so if you'd like. The name came from some Redwall books I am reading with my kids (Saint Ninian's)