Sign in to follow this  

Hello everyone,

I am really glad to present you my new MOC, a replica of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS. My goal was to built a fast and good looking car, so it has not that much technique inside of it (it just uses one single gear for steering :) ). This model is RC and has the following features:

• Rear wheel drive powered by 2x Buggy-Motors (top speed is around 12-13 kp/h, in ludicrous mode 14-15 kp/h)
  • Steering powered by a servomotor
  • Working rear lights
  • Independent wheel suspension
  • Opening doors and detailed interior and exterior

The car is powerd by Buwizz, so it has plenty of power.

Dimensions: length: 35,5 cm | 46 studs / width: 15 cm | 19 studs / height: 11,2 cm | 14 studs 

Scale: 1:12

800x533.JPG

800x533.JPG

The model is relatively small compared to the Lamborghini Sian.

800x533.JPG

800x533.JPG

Important Picture from the bottom ;).

800x600.jpeg

I made some 3D printed wheels and panels for the car.

800x369.jpg

The car with normal lego wheels.

800x533.JPG

You can find more pictures (including some from the building progress) at: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Lukes_Brick_Studio/porsche-911-gt2-rs

Comments, suggestions and questions are always appreciated.

See you.

Edited by Lukes_Brick_Studio

Love the model! Very nice lines and really captures the essence of the real car.
I like the back section a bit more than the front. Front headlights, even though probably one of the trickiest parts of the model, looks a bit lacking compared to the clean back section.

Also, @Lukes_Brick_Studio resize the photos, right now they are 6 times the allowed size. Take a look at the pinned topic.

The overall shape is really good! And I like the way the 2 bugy motors are mounted to a single balljoint. Well done!

Only the headlights totally ruin it for me... Looks like a really big pair of glasses, and pretty stupid if I am honest :laugh:. Did you try to mount a 3 wide Trans-clear radar dish? should look a lot better that this.

Edited by Gray Gear

Nice work!

Does it have suspension as well? The pictures make it look that way, but I don't think you mentioned it.

Thank you very much for all nice comments, I am very happy that all you liked it :). I am always very happy about every comment, because it helps me to improve future buildings and give me some feedback to this construction.

I can definitely understand the point that the front does not look as good as the back. For me the overall bodywork it was very challenging to create, because the scale is relatively small and Porsche 911´s have so many curves. The front part was very hard to create, as all parts needed to fit in place without hanging around. The light idea with those rigid hoses I is definitely not perfect and in need of improvement. I will check out if a 3 wide trans clear dish look better like @Gray Gear said.

@2GodBDGlory yes the car has independent wheel suspension, but I forgot to mentioned it in the description. 

@Milan I´m so sorry that I forgot about the right size of the pictures.

See you.

Well done, both the car and the prints.

How is the rear wheel drive done from the RC motors? Did you use pulley wheels and 3-sided connectors to make a custom CV joint?

17 hours ago, Lukes_Brick_Studio said:

@Milan I´m so sorry that I forgot about the right size of the pictures.

All good, Lukes, we solved it :sweet:

Looking forward to see the Porsche with the new headlights you are planning to put.

Sorry for the late response, but I was very busy last weekend. First of all I want to say thank you for all nice comments, I´m very happy that so many here like it.

The updated version with new headlights is still in progress, so I don´t have any new pictures here.

@Zerobricks @Igor1I didn´t used any custom parts inside of the car, because I will release some instructions soon (I hope I can finish them in 1 month) and the car should be build-able without any 3D-printed parts.

Some pictures of the rear axle. The design is very compact and perfect for cars in scale 1:12

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

640x853.jpg

I have created a studio file for the rear axle, you can find it on my Bricksafe page. https://bricksafe.com/pages/Lukes_Brick_Studio/porsche-911-gt2-rs

See you.

Thank you, meanwhile I already figured how it works as soon as I saw the suspension arm holding the motors. A very nice and clean solution!

Is that wheel hub fixed in place using a Bar inside 1/4 Bushes? I have never seen that. What's the advantage of that?

I’m confused. Could you not have used a #3 with a stop?

Sweet MOC btw, I love it :) congrats 

4 hours ago, sm1995 said:

I’m confused. Could you not have used a #3 with a stop?

Sweet MOC btw, I love it :) congrats 

Thanks, I´m glad you like it. A #3 axle with stop would not work, because the structure couldn´t move.

4 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

@Lukes_Brick_Studio Thanks for the pic.

I can see your problem. Not really an ideal solution tho as the bar in the cross hole will introduce friction in the suspension.

No problem. Yes you are right there is some friction in the suspension, but the whole setup with the hard springs work really good.

Oof, silly me. For some reason it escaped me that those hubs have axle holes instead of pin holes.

Hello everyone,

it´s been a long time since I finished this MOC, but I didn´t release any instructions for this MOC because, I wanted to improve the headlights, which were not 100% perfect. But after a while of engineering and experimenting with Lego parts I didn´t found a good solution for them. (A solution were the construction do not rubber the front wheels). So if anyone has a good idea I would be cool to let me know.

Some people asked me for instructions, so I created some, which you can find on Rebrickable, I decided to release them for free, so everybody can built this rather expensive MOC.

Link to the instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-100387/Lukes_Brick_Studio/porsche-911-gt2-rs/#details

I knew I had already seen this before when I saw it on Rebrickable. Looks very good with the printed wheels.