Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I wonder if it will include goofy with his black jacket rather than the yellow disney parks one from the train d2c, as I noticed that the lego stores were selling keychains of that variant (maybe that's old news, haven't really been following this topic) while he doesn't have that in any of the sets.

You‘re absolutely right, that version only exists as a keychain currently! Hope this means he‘s included in one of the sets :thumbup:

I picked up a couple copies of the Lightyear XL-15.

Man, the thing is built like a brick! (No pun intended). I mean, it's THICC. It is a very dense build and the spaceship has some real heft to it. I think you could strip off half the parts and get a sleeker ship.

To really get a sense of how dense this build is, compare it to the Deep Freeze Defender which had about 80 less pieces! And retailed for less.

The yellow canopy of course had some scuff marks as all transparent pieces seem to have after Lego cheaped out on plastic. So that sucks. The canopy seems very long for its height, but it's only one plate less tall than the old Deep Freeze Defender canopy. However the tall part is only one stud long, vs 4 studs long in the old canopy. So your space pilot basically has to sit way back in the cockpit, or you need a deeper cockpit. Just something to be aware of for MOCing.

Also I didn't realize the set comes with a really cool control panel print on a triangular tile.

35787pb014.png

I'm a little disappointed they didn't make a new hair mold for Lady Tremaine. They get so close with these designs, but never quite stick the landing. Oh well. I think Cinderella's Castle looks okay, I like the new roof piece with the windows.

The Frozen set is pretty lackluster, seems like they phoned that one in.

Love the medieval Mickey Set, especially jester Donald, with a new facial expression. Although I would've preferred it if goofy was in the camper van considering he is sometimes portrayed as living in one. I wonder what 10779 will contain as we still don't have the keychain goofy. I'm mostly hoping for a Pete figure, but that's probably too much to ask for.

I think these Mickey 4+ sets have genuinely been fantastic little sets. Sure, they are 4+ sets but the cartoon aesthetic really works to their advantage. I’m also very impressed that they’ve avoided reusing figures in these sets.

10777 honestly looks like a really good camper van, though the car definitely looks very basic. It looks like it rolled straight out of the cartoons. This set is $20 if I’m not mistaken, which is very generous on Lego’s part to include Pluto in such a small set this time around. I’ll probably throw this in with a bigger purchase at the Lego Store sometime.

10778 looks like a fun little set as well, but like a lot of these Mickey sets, I don’t know what I’d do with the builds. Bummed that Lego isn’t including just a basic Goofy figure here either, but it’s cool to get some variations of him I guess. This one is less specific than the apron from last year I guess.

10780 looks like a cute little castle and all, but I’m very impressed that Lego went out of their way to make specialized versions of Mickey and Donald’s head molds for their hats, similar to the firefighter variants from last year.

I still need to look into getting a lot of the figures from last year’s sets off of Bricklink and I’ll probably do the same for the two bigger ones here. Still, these are some neat little sets.

Edited by The Stud

On 5/2/2022 at 3:36 AM, The Stud said:

10780 looks like a cute little castle and all, but I’m very impressed that Lego went out of their way to make specialized versions of Mickey and Donald’s head molds for their hats, similar to the firefighter variants from last year.

Didn't they do it for Daisy aswell?

9 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Do we have prices for the Mickey & Friends sets yet?

European prices via Stonewars currently listed as : 

€20 for camping 

€30 for fairground

€50 for Castle Defenders

€35 for Anna / Olaf 

€75 for Cinderella

Edited by TeriXeri

So I just got the 4+ Elsa and Nokk set (didn’t get the jewellery box but have been sorely missing the Nokk since) and it randomly included a duplicate dress legs piece for Elsa? I’ve never seen a duplicate minifigure part before, has anyone else who got the set had this?

2 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So I just got the 4+ Elsa and Nokk set (didn’t get the jewellery box but have been sorely missing the Nokk since) and it randomly included a duplicate dress legs piece for Elsa? I’ve never seen a duplicate minifigure part before, has anyone else who got the set had this?

Not a leg piece, but it was really common to get an extra of Cole’s hairpiece with The Temple of Ultimate Ultimate Weapon from the Ninjago Movie a couple years ago.

6 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Yes, I had the same when I got the set. It was very unexpected. Also the Nokk is a different colour than the one in the jewelry box, which is more transparent.

On 5/3/2022 at 7:40 AM, Marvelous Spidey said:

Do we have prices for the Mickey & Friends sets yet?

In America the prices are

$54.99 for Castle Defenders

$34.99 tor Fairground Fun

$24.99 for Camping Trip

Just built the lightyear XL-15 and wow, this is one cool spaceship.  Wonder if anyone else got wrong colour hair piece for Buzz in 76380?

10 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

Just built the lightyear XL-15 and wow, this is one cool spaceship.  Wonder if anyone else got wrong colour hair piece for Buzz in 76380?

I got the wrong hairpiece and was kind of bummed because the dark brown is much more rare.

The new playground looks great it looks similar to the toy story sets tho but the knight set is actually cool

43205 revealed.

The castle itself looks a bit chaotic but good for the 5 princesses.

Tiana now has a more accurate skin tone (bit of a random update now considering we just got new Tiana, but I’m thankful) - but still no gloves or ball gown. Ball gown I get as the set features all their bedrooms so she wouldn’t be able to lie down. Also - who is the white cat? I watched film 2 weeks ago and I don’t remember it. I would’ve loved a new Prince Naveen frog as animal sidekick.

Snow White again finally. I have no complaints.

Moana now has dark brown hair which I think I kinda actually like. She’s using that increasingly overused 3/4 skirt piece but it’s not so bad here.

Ariel is okay. Not a massive fan of the non-movie turquoise dress they give her now but it looks decent enough here and that’s disneys marketing not Lego.

Rapz looks the same as last year, but keeping fingers crossed that torso is updated to the newer style with back printing.

Now just got to hope for Pocahontas next year (again). And also want a massive Madrigal house similar to the Frozen D2C last year

There was a white kitten at the very start of the film when Tiana's mother was reading the story and making Lottie's dress. Lottie put a frog-mask thing on it's head and the kitten panicked and ended up hanging from the ceiling.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:49 PM, strangely said:

I believe it's Marie from the Aristocats.

Nope @sunhuntin was right it’s Charlotte’s cat Marcel according to the description. He does bear a striking resemblance to Marie and I’m sure most people will use him as her!

Does anyone know who the minifigure with the Haunted Mansion is? Just a random park guest?

The Haunted Mansion set leaked, it’s based off Disneyland’s version. I wish they included a more interesting character for the minifig. Would’ve like to have seen Constance the Killer Bride, the Hatbox Ghost, or even the grave keeper and hound dog. 

46 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Does anyone know who the minifigure with the Haunted Mansion is? Just a random park guest?

It’s a castmember in the Haunted Mansion uniform

hm0987609870976.jpg

Interesting that they went with the Disneyland version when the mini version of the castle is Disney World's. I guess the southern gothic style is more iconic in their opinion, but they'll look odd next to each other.