Set: 43217 - {? TBA Classic Disney Animation ?}
    • Includes 598 pieces
    • US $54.99 - DE/FR €54.99 - UK £TBA
    • Release: APRIL 1ST 2023

Set: 43220 - {? TBA Classic Disney Animation ?}
    • Includes 111 pieces
    • US $19.99 - DE/FR €19.99 - UK £TBA
    • Release: MARCH 1ST 2023

No clue which movies they might be from, especially at those price points.

I liked the previously mentioned ideas of Cruella's car or sets based on The Lion King. I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is that TLG/Disney will be aiming for a broad audience here--so the likelihood of more obscure films/characters is pretty low at this point (sorry, Oswald fans).

As a parent of young kids, I can tell you that The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, and (of course) all of the fairy tale-based films are still super popular with the little ones. Given the fact that separate lines already exist for Disney Princesses and Mickey and Friends, I'm very curious to see what these might be based on!

34 minutes ago, jjr_2009 said:

I liked the previously mentioned ideas of Cruella's car or sets based on The Lion King. I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is that TLG/Disney will be aiming for a broad audience here--so the likelihood of more obscure films/characters is pretty low at this point (sorry, Oswald fans).

As a parent of young kids, I can tell you that The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, and (of course) all of the fairy tale-based films are still super popular with the little ones. Given the fact that separate lines already exist for Disney Princesses and Mickey and Friends, I'm very curious to see what these might be based on!

I'd never heard of Oswald, so just Googled it. Honestly, if they released that in any form, most people would think that it's a bad knock-off Mickey Mouse. So yes, I think you're right. It wouldn't get picked up by a general audience, as cool as it would be for there to be references to early history and the opportunity to learn something about it.

On 10/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, jjr_2009 said:

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is that TLG/Disney will be aiming for a broad audience here--so the likelihood of more obscure films/characters is pretty low at this point (sorry, Oswald fans).

On 10/10/2022 at 6:17 PM, RichardGoring said:

I'd never heard of Oswald, so just Googled it. Honestly, if they released that in any form, most people would think that it's a bad knock-off Mickey Mouse. So yes, I think you're right. It wouldn't get picked up by a general audience, as cool as it would be for there to be references to early history and the opportunity to learn something about it.

Uhm, the leaked Brickheadz description literally name Oswald to be in the big Disney100 celebration brickheadz set, alongside Steamboat Willie (Mickey I assume), Snow White and Tinkerbell. So if anything he has the biggest chance to appear in the cmf series of the same name.

He's nowadays mostly known for his Epic Mickey appearance, and I'm sure he will be pushed to the forefront even more by disney in 2023 with their entire anniversary campaign.

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Uhm, the leaked Brickheadz description literally name Oswald to be in the big Disney100 celebration brickheadz set, alongside Steamboat Willie (Mickey I assume), Snow White and Tinkerbell. So if anything he has the biggest chance to appear in the cmf series of the same name.

He's nowadays mostly known for his Epic Mickey appearance, and I'm sure he will be pushed to the forefront even more by disney in 2023 with their entire anniversary campaign.

Fair enough. Still looks like a knock off Mickey to me, but if they're in the same set/series it will probably make more sense. Nice that they are truly going so the way back in their history though.

A knock-off Mickey Mouse? My dude, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit came before Mickey. If anything, Mickey is a knock-off Oswald. (More accurately, of course, cartoon characters in the 1920s just Looked Like That--see also Felix the Cat, Bosco, etc.).

Walt Disney created Oswald under contract with Universal Pictures in 1927, only to discover that he didn't own the rights to his own creation. So he ended the relationship with Universal, struck out on his own, and created Mickey, and the rest is entertainment history. Mickey succeeded and Oswald fell into obscurity until the Walt Disney Company bought back the rights to the character in the 2000s and did some promotions, including using him in the video game Epic Mickey.

I wonder if we'll get any Nightmare Before Christmas stuff for the 30th anniversary.  I wouldn't mind an updated Jack Skellington now that long arms and legs have been reintroduced by the Avatar sets.

On 10/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if we'll get any Nightmare Before Christmas stuff for the 30th anniversary.  I wouldn't mind an updated Jack Skellington now that long arms and legs have been reintroduced by the Avatar sets.

I would love to see Jack Skellington coming with long arms and legs one day! But I know we are in minority as other users here think it’s 100% unlikely because they don’t think long legs would look great on Jack. 

I’m only just finding out about these Disney Classics sets, interesting indeed. I agree with a lot of what’s been said already. I wonder if they rejected the Snow White cottage ( which was perfect as it was ) because they knew there were plans in the works. I assumed it was because of the controversy regarding the new film at the time. It seemed strange that they rejected it first time round, then it went to review, then more review needed only for them to say .. nope ! The price points seem to indicate there wont be something as large as the ideas submission was. Regarding the minidolls vs minifigures I’m hoping they’ll be minifigures of course. I still think that they included Elsa and Anna in CMF 2 because they knew a lot of fans would want to swap out the minidolls from the Ice Castle and replace them with the minifigures, I’m pretty sure I cant be the only one who did that 😁 Looking forward to more information on these.

Disney 100 CMF wishlist. I purposely left out Pixar and tried to throw in some figures that would honor the theme park division. 

1. Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey (hat, broom, bucket)

2. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

3. Snow White (basket, apple)

4. Pinocchio (school book)

5. Jiminy Cricket (medal)

6. Fantasia Female Centaur (flowers)

7. Cruella De Ville (Dalmatian puppy)

8. Haunted Mansion Hatbox Ghost 

9. Figment; may be too obscure for general consumer

10. Tiana in Wedding Gown (Naveen frog)

11. Dr. Facilier (Tarot cards)

12. Mirabel (candle)

Alernates that could also make the final list:

Jack Skellington

Sally (nightshade urn)

Judy Hopps 

Nick Wilde (pawpsicle)

Moana (Heart of Tefiti)

Orange Bird (in place of Figment to represent WDW)

Vanellope Von Schweetz 

Bruno (rat accessory)

Haunted Mansion Constance w/ axe (murderous ghost bride probably too grim)

Walt Disney 

17 minutes ago, skelliesgang said:

Alernates that could also make the final list:

Jack Skellington

Sally (nightshade urn)

These two were already done in series 2, so it’s incredibly unlikely we’ll see them again in a CMF. If you missed them back in 2018 then your best bet is hoping that lego does something for the milestone anniversary next year as people have speculated in this thread. 

1 hour ago, skelliesgang said:

9. Figment; may be too obscure for general consumer

Honestly, any theme park-only character is probably too obscure for the general consumers. Which is not to say that they shouldn't make any, because it may be small, but the Disney theme park fandom is ferociously, illogically loyal and ready to drop absurd amounts of money on anything that tells us the company remembers we exist.

I would love to have a Figment minifig. And, as the kids say, I don't even go here (meaning I have little personal connection to Epcot, being a Southern California native).

falconfan put a screenshot from peter pan 2 on his story yesterday, wonder what it means 🧐

It's still a travesty that after all the Lego Frozen sets we still don't have a minidoll of Prince Hans Westergarde of the Southern Isles. The huge adult Frozen Castle they made should have had him really. Wonder if we'll ever get him?

Anyway, this is pretty much the only Disney set I'm currently interested in ;     https://ideas.lego.com/projects/4675eb19-4c5e-43c3-b5a7-ee48db822f07

On 11/16/2022 at 3:41 PM, Karalora said:

Honestly, any theme park-only character is probably too obscure for the general consumers. Which is not to say that they shouldn't make any, because it may be small, but the Disney theme park fandom is ferociously, illogically loyal and ready to drop absurd amounts of money on anything that tells us the company remembers we exist.

I think Haunted Mansion characters would be be well-known enough to warrant figures (I've seen quite a bit of merch featuring them lately, actually), and I think a Jungle Cruise skipper is also pretty recognizable.  I realize technically there are movies based on both rides, but I feel like most people would associate it with the park anyway (and honestly I don't know if any of the characters in HM actually show up in the movie).

That's probably about it, though.  You could maybe do a generic cast member or something, but I think if they went with a non-character, it'd be Walt Disney.  

After 6 years, the 71040 Disney Castle is getting retired and we'll get a series 3 next year, don't you think we'll also have a new Disney D2C to replace the one leaving the catalog? 

29 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

After 6 years, the 71040 Disney Castle is getting retired and we'll get a series 3 next year, don't you think we'll also have a new Disney D2C to replace the one leaving the catalog? 

I think lego would likely put out a massive D2C they could slap the Disney 100 branding on irregardless of what other Disney D2Cs were already on shelves. The fact that the hugely popular castle set is retiring at just the right time to make space for such a set is to convenient for it to actually be a coincidence. After all, that castle is just the sort of big ticket item that the marketing people at Lego and Disney stores would really like to have on shelves when they’re doing 100th anniversary promos, the fact that it’s leaving at the exact time that Disney’s planning on getting everyone hyped up on nostalgia suggests there’s something else equally large and eye catching in the pipeline for fans to splurge on. 

20 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I dont think its Series 3, but a stand alone series for the 100th anniversary

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I mean, technically yes, rumors indicate that the upcoming CMF will have Disney 100 branding, but isn’t that like arguing about shovels versus spades? At the end of the day it’s a CMF of Disney characters and the slight change in branding isn’t likely to change the fact that we’re unlikely to see character (or variant) repeats. The more specific theme might change the choice of character lineup slightly, but not nearly enough for it to feel like a different Minifigures subtheme. 

On 11/18/2022 at 3:19 PM, Robert8 said:

….what a difference between Series 3 and Disney  100 Series?

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

….what a difference between Series 3 and Disney  100 Series?

Technically, a 100th anniversary branding could allow them to redo some if the figs from the previous two series (say, Peter Pan), citing that this is its own thing and not S3.

I hope that’s not the case. I don’t care about the branding, as long as all 12 figures are new :thumbup:

You can't have a Disney CMF celebrating the 100th anniversary without Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy (and Pluto)

In a "Series 3", maybe only Mickey and Minnie would had appeared, but branding it as the 100th anniversary series I think the main gang is mandatory. They're more than likely to appear in the platinum sparkling gala versions Disney is releasing for the 100 Years of Wonder Celebration starting on January 27, 2023. All the merch related to the 100th anniversary will have them in those outfits

Edited by Robert8

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

You can't have a Disney CMF celebrating the 100th anniversary without Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy (and Pluto)

Those are a lot of spots though *huh* I sure hope they don’t waste almost half the spots on variants of characters we’ve had so many versions of already!

Edit: Ahaha, I’m an Arch Duke now! Tremble before me, puny mortals, as I will destroy all of you with my newly gained UNLIMITED POWAAAAHH

…Or maybe not.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Those are a lot of spots though *huh* I sure hope they don’t waste almost half the spots on variants of characters we’ve had so many versions of already!

And I wouldnt' be surprised if all the characters are "platinum sparking" versions: Snow White, Tinkerbell, Woody, Mary Poppins, Elsa, Captain America...

Regarding a D2C to go along with series, a floats parade similar to the Chinese New Year one would be nice I think

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'm having a hard time believing this series will have only 12 minifigures tho