Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

32 minutes ago, jjr_2009 said:

Good call on the chameleon!

Molds already exist for The Beast's head and Rapunzel's hair (for the Friends-style figures). I'm not sure if The Beast's head could be used for a minifigure? I've never seen the piece in-person. Rapunzel's hair could *definitely* be improved on, but I think it could work in a pinch.

Oh! I got what you mean now, my bad!

Yeah I think Frends-ensue headpieces may look good on minifigures but Idk. 

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

P.S., I would swap Rapunzel’s brush for chameleon. There is an existing chameleon mold from Series 19. 

There's also an existing Pascal the chameleon, from the Friends-styled Disney Princess line, if that's what you really want.

Back when the first wave of these had just come out and we were speculating about any future waves, a lot of people suggested packaging characters with their animal sidekicks. I said then, and I still mostly think now, that this is unlikely. I suspect that the licensing contract with Disney addresses a particular number of characters in a given wave, and that trying to include sidekick characters as accessories would be in violation. But I could be wrong, and in any case they packaged Gonzo with Camilla, so even if it was true then, it mightn't be anymore.

25 minutes ago, Karalora said:

There's also an existing Pascal the chameleon, from the Friends-styled Disney Princess line, if that's what you really want.

Back when the first wave of these had just come out and we were speculating about any future waves, a lot of people suggested packaging characters with their animal sidekicks. I said then, and I still mostly think now, that this is unlikely. I suspect that the licensing contract with Disney addresses a particular number of characters in a given wave, and that trying to include sidekick characters as accessories would be in violation. But I could be wrong, and in any case they packaged Gonzo with Camilla, so even if it was true then, it mightn't be anymore.

I think that's mostly for disney original ips. So Marvel and the Muppets weren't affected by it. While the non disney ip for dc and batman was (still sad we didn't get the monkey with the wonder twins.) And most likely the Looney Tunes as well (otherwise they could've included Tweety with Sylvester.) So I think this time around the series will be affected by it again. It really depends on each series.

All I'm saying is, a lot of our problems would solve themselves if they made a separate Disney Villains CMF series.

I just really want Lego Gaston.

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

True.But there was Loki-gator in Marvel and there was Camilla the chicken in the Muppets series. Both propeprities are owned by Disney. 

45 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

True.But there was Loki-gator in Marvel and there was Camilla the chicken in the Muppets series. Both propeprities are owned by Disney. 

I...mentioned Camilla. Did you miss the part where I mentioned Camilla?

I think Disney should get collectable vignettes, instead of collectable minifigures

Like the ones they used to make as seasonals. One per Disney Animated feature, so 61 total (including the upcoming Strange World)

Lego 40123 Thanksgiving Feast V39, Building Sets - Amazon Canada

2 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I...mentioned Camilla. Did you miss the part where I mentioned Camilla?

Ouch…i guess you forgot the fact that I am legally blind. I didn’t see that specific part. 

12 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Two additional points regarding the S3 branding (or rather, lack thereof):

• It finally would‘ve broken the „two series“ curse for licensed CMF series. Now, it technically persists :tongue:
  • The 100th anniversary branding could‘ve been compatible with it as they don‘t rule each other out. Pretty sure it‘ll pop up on the Princess set boxes next year too (maybe even the Star Wars ones)

I also think it’s just because by the time this series releases, it will have been four years since Series 2 and so much has occurred since then that Lego might want a clean slate with the branding here. It also reduces the risk of newer fans wondering where they can get Series 1 or 2 at.

If they EVER release Cruella, I feel it would be best to include her car at some point later in Speed Champions. Removable "Battle damage" would be great play feature, knowing LEGO.

It shouldn't be that hard to do, as we got the James Bond DB5 and the F&F Charger just this Summer...

8 hours ago, jjr_2009 said:

4. Sorcerer Mickey (no accessory, since the hat would need to be a new mold)

You’d hardly need a new mold to give Sorcerer Mickey a pre-enchanted broom and bucket. They just put out a new broom head in the Harry Potter theme, it doesn’t exist in yellow yet but that’s just a recolor. 

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

You’d hardly need a new mold to give Sorcerer Mickey a pre-enchanted broom and bucket. They just put out a new broom head in the Harry Potter theme, it doesn’t exist in yellow yet but that’s just a recolor. 

In my opinon, the old broom head (introduced with the CMF janitor) l works much better, as evidenced by the Disney Castle :classic: The new one doesn’t capture the shape from the cartoon quite as well

16 hours ago, Karalora said:

It seems to me that there is too much thought put into it with discussion about potetial licencing deals. Disney sells. People went crazy about Disney series 1 and 2. It wasn´t a problem for the sales that sidekicks were missing, so there was no reason to put the effort and money in to include them. Lego also has the chance to successfully sell even the most pathetic Mulan friends set as long as a nice little exclusive mould for Mushu is included. Gonzo needed an accessory. The chicken is in production. It wasn´t much effort to give it a different print. (Pretty much) Nobody would buy a little set to get that chicken side character. No reason not to include it. If Disney wasn´t that popular, I´d say we probably could get sidekicks now, but even for 5€ they will still sell well enough.

Edited by Gorilla94

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think Disney should get collectable vignettes, instead of collectable minifigures

Like the ones they used to make as seasonals. One per Disney Animated feature, so 61 total (including the upcoming Strange World)

I´d really like this. It also means that there isn´t the gambling aspect of cmfs in boxes. But I doubt It would include the sidekicks. They are really strong selling points and Lego could just as well make a larger princess set including the side character - or a 4+ Set like they did with Pluto.

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

In my opinon, the old broom head (introduced with the CMF janitor) l works much better, as evidenced by the Disney Castle :classic: The new one doesn’t capture the shape from the cartoon quite as well

That’s a mop, not a broom, and I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have an antistud on the base to allow it to stand up on its own (but correct me if I’m wrong). 

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

That’s a mop, not a broom, and I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have an antistud on the base to allow it to stand up on its own (but correct me if I’m wrong). 

It can stand up on its own

On 8/29/2022 at 7:44 PM, Robert8 said:

This is a solid idea. I’ll say I think the more popular and classic movies should get sets but the smaller ones could get a vignette if the focus was to have some sort of representation for each film. Aristocats would naturally get a vignette under this proposal given the popularity of the film, but something like Dumbo or Snow White I reckon would warrant an actual set. And honestly with how huge and expansive Disney is they could make sets and still make a cmf series. For example, Snow White cottage with Snow White, 7 Dwarves and the Queen as a witch? Include the regular Queen in a cmf series. 

I wonder why Disney doesn’t get actual system scaled sets given how huge this theme is. If they don’t want to have figure scaled princess sets to compete with the mini dolls, there’s still so many other properties that would warrant sets. Like okay we can’t get figure scaled princess sets, but whats stopping them from tackling other films as sets? 

I do like this vignette idea for covering films we want representation of but don’t have set material. Lady and the Tramp for the spaghetti scene is a great example imo. A small garbage scenery for Wall-E also makes more sense than actually giving him a set. A lot of wishes have come true in recent years for other themes for me (Bo Katan in Star Wars, Stargirl and Mister Miracle in DC) so I have hope that maybe Lego will get around to producing more exciting content for this as well.

14 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

It seems to me that there is too much thought put into it with discussion about potetial licencing deals. Disney sells. People went crazy about Disney series 1 and 2. It wasn´t a problem for the sales that sidekicks were missing, so there was no reason to put the effort and money in to include them. Lego also has the chance to successfully sell even the most pathetic Mulan friends set as long as a nice little exclusive mould for Mushu is included. Gonzo needed an accessory. The chicken is in production. It wasn´t much effort to give it a different print. (Pretty much) Nobody would buy a little set to get that chicken side character. No reason not to include it. If Disney wasn´t that popular, I´d say we probably could get sidekicks now, but even for 5€ they will still sell well enough.

:def_shrug: People wondered why characters were given uninspiring accessories instead of their small animal sidekicks. I proposed a reason. Did I overthink it? Maybe. But so what? Speculating is fun.

I have a strong feeling Pinocchio and Mary Poppins will be made figures, but I’m hoping we get a few more princesses. On the topic of minifig compatible pieces from the mini doll line, I still feel the Flounder and Sebastian molds we have are perfect and fit right in with figures just as nicely as they do with the dolls. Same for Olaf.

My kingdom for a Mary Poppins minifigure. If they do it I will literally say nothing negative of the CMF.

Mary Poppins is one of those characters who is live-action but could be considered an honorary animated character, simply because her film is so iconic within the Disney library alongside animated ones.

Mary Poppins is one of those characters who is live-action but could be considered an honorary animated character, simply because her film is so iconic within the Disney library alongside animated ones.

Not to mention the movie actually has hybrid live action/animation scenes 

I kinda hope that Peter Pan and Alice from Series 1 would get update by having medium legs. You see, Seires 1 came out in 2016 and medium legs were introduced in 2018. 

Of course, these characters I mentioend won’t show up in Seires 3. But it would be nice to have their own sets - Neverland or Wonderland. Or Pride Land. Or Atlantica. Etc etc. 

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

kinda hope that Peter Pan and Alice from Series 1 would get update by having medium legs. You see, Seires 1 came out in 2016 and medium legs were introduced in 2018.

I don't think it would fit Peter. He's young, but like he's faily tall and slender.

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I don't think it would fit Peter. He's young, but like he's faily tall and slender.

He is a pre teenager…