Cinderella (1950s)

Mowgli (1960s)

Robin Hood (1970s)

Human Ariel (1980s)

Mulan (1990s)

Lilo (2000s)

Judy Hopps (2010s)

Mirabel (2020s)

12th slot is up in the air. Maybe Disney himself, but I know he’s kinda controversial so idk.

I would love for Atlantis: The Lost Empire or Treasure Planet to make it he cut, but sadly they aren’t even close to being popular enough.

This is a great idea and a great list! My only suggested change would be Roger Rabbit in the 1980s slot, as Princesses in general and Ariel in particular are overrepresented in Disney merch. I'd also love to see a minifig of Mary Poppins (and like her better than Mowgli as a character), but for the Disney rounds, they seem pretty committed to animated characters only.

Ok here is my guesses for Series 3:

1.) Belle

2.) the Beast

3.) Lilo

4.) Kristoff (Frozen)

5.) Snow White

6.) Evil Queen

7.) Cinderella

8.) Maribel (Encanto)

9.) Simba

10.) King Triton (classic animation)

11.) Mad Hatter

12.) Apprentice Mickey

I really don’t see why marvel characters should be included in Disney Series if there is Marvel Serie AND sets…. And i don’t think we would get Stars Wars or Tarzan minifigures. 

Oke I'm gonna give this a go:

1. Sorcerer Mickey: Probably the most likely figure to show up, and the necessary Mickey of the Series.

2. Oswald: To represent Disney's early years.

3. Pete: To represent the first big bad guy for disney and to represent Steamboat Willie. Not sure about the variant as they'll likely wanna reuse this head. Also this ends the Mickey and Friends representation for the series. I think 3 is fair for a 12 figures series compared to how they handled the previous 2.

4. Snow White: First Feature Length animation and upcoming live action make her a must for an anniversary series.

5. Pinocchio: Fun fact, originally this was supposed to be the first feature length animated movie for disney, it really deserves a spot on here, especially with the live action remake for disney+.

6. Cruelly DeVille: Trully iconic disney character, also the one with not 1 but 2 different live action adaptations (1 even with a sequel). Not to mention (as Accio Lego already explained in finer detail) that her movie introduced new technique which basically defined disney animations for decades.

7. Mary Poppins: Perhaps the most well known Disney live action movie, at least from the classics. Also very well known for combining animation with live action (not a first, but still very impressive)

8. Bo Beep: The least likely choice on this list, as I feel like they will be focusing more on main disney, but if they want to represent pixar in there anyway, it has got to be toy story again. And I feel like Toy Story 1 Bo Beep is kinda missing from the figures we've gotten so far and unlikely to get sets anytime soon. So if there's pixar, I bet on classic Bo Beep.

9. Tarzan: To represent the disney renaissance, ofcourse not the one who kickstarted it, but the one that ended it. Other options were either already done or kind of come in a pair.

10. Rapunzel: For the movie that basically started the modern computer animated Disney era (after about a decade of trial and error). Not to mention the animated hair.

11. Mirabel: To represent the new disney movies obviously.

12. Walt Disney: I think it makes sense for a 100th year anniversary series to include Walt himself. Plus funko did it, so it's not beyond the realm of possibilities. Not to mention he's what started it all, the one that makes most sense to put at the beginning of the timeline in 1923. Way more sense than the long forgotten Alice.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Did they call it Series 3?

Because Ashnflash referred to it as Disney 100th Anniversary Series. I wonder if this is actually going to be Series 3 or an unnumbered special series. I imagine light lbue/silver packing with the siver Disney 100 logo

I don’t think it will be called series 3. Should be called Disney 100th anniversary or something like that

Edited by Falconfan1414

2 hours ago, Karalora said:

My only suggested change would be Roger Rabbit in the 1980s slot, as Princesses in general and Ariel in particular are overrepresented in Disney merch.

Ya, the 60s and 80s slots I was stretching on since I was trying to be realistic and was only pulling from animated projects. Personally I would prefer Black Cauldron to represent 80s, but that’s way too deep of a cut to happen.

Though now that I think about it, I’d def change 60s to be Cruella and 80s to Triton or Basil (Great Mouse Detective)

Edited by Subnautica

Now this is something I'm interested in.

Really curious to see what characters they’ll, as I can see them taking multiple paths — classic characters? A characters for a decade? Most popular characters? Most impactful characters? 

Really exciting. I'll definitely buy all of them.

So essentially we’re finally getting Disney series 3, they’re just calling it something different. I’m hyped, especially since I’ve regained some of my Disney fandom after going back to WDW this past spring. I didn’t realize next year was the 100th anniversary of the company.

I think we’ll get a lot of characters skipped over in previous series or ones that exist as mini-dolls but not as minifigures. I don’t expect any Marvel or Star Wars figures, and part of me isn’t really expecting Pixar either for whatever reason. We’re obligated to get a Mickey figure and I agree that it’ll probably be Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey. I also think this is our best chance at getting an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit figure as he was actually one of the early characters before Mickey. Fingers crossed.

My pipe dream wish for the series is a Figment figure. Despite the current state of the Imagination Pavilion (it was super run down when I visited in March), he’s still a beloved character and his merch sells. Remember those Figment popcorn buckets from a while back? Still, even if he isn’t included here, we could always get Figment if Lego ever did a Spaceship Earth/EPCOT set.

Like others have stated, I think the guess of a figure or two per decade is a pretty solid one.

20’s: Oswald, representing Disney’s very early years.

30’s: Snow White, representing the first feature-length animated movie.

40’s: Sorcerer Mickey, giving us a new Mickey in one of his most iconic appearances.

50’s: Either Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty, preferably the former as we have her Castle.

60’s: Mary Poppins or Baloo.

70’s: Robin Hood maybe?

80’s: Maybe Roger Rabbit or Figment? (Two Rabbit characters may be a bit overkill for this series.)

90’s: There’s a lot of characters they could do here (I’d like to see Mulan or Tarzan personally), but I could see them doing both Belle and the Beast for this decade.

2000’s: Princess Tiana. She’s from what is probably the most popular in-house Disney animated film from that decade, she brings some diversity to the series, and it ties-in with the upcoming Splash Mountain re-theme.

2010’s: Rapunzel. One of the most popular animated Disney movies from that decade and she’s a popular mini-doll character they didn’t do as a figure in previous series.

2020’s: An Encanto character, idk I haven’t seen the movie.

Ideally though, we’d get more than 12 figures but I won’t get my hopes up.

On one of the Discord servers that I’m in, Brick Clicker said that we can expect more sets to celebrate outside of this CMF. At the very least, more Brickheadz and probably a D2C to replace the Castle when that retires. I’m hoping for Mickey and Minnie Brickheadz that don’t cost $50 online and there’s a lot of things I’d like to see for the D2C. Either a Diagon Alley-esque Main Street USA, Spaceship Earth or Space Mountain would be my top picks.

Edited by The Stud

14 minutes ago, The Stud said:

At the very least, more Brickheadz […]

Basically already confirmed. Jedijacpenguin lists three Disney-themed Brickheadz 2-packs (40619-40621) and one labelled „100th anniversary“ (40622) :thumbup: I supposed the previously rumoured Cruella is featured in one of the 2-packs

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

16 minutes ago, The Stud said:

80’s: Maybe Roger Rabbit or Figment? (Two Rabbit characters may be a bit overkill for this series.)

I didn't even consider the possibility of theme park original characters! I would DIE for a Figment minifig! A miniFigment, if you will...

I’m elated about the news of another Disney CMF, as I love the characters and they translate to Lego very well. However I have to admit I’m really really concerned about the new standard for CMFs being 12 figures (let alone the upcoming boxes instead of bags thing), and how that specifically will hurt this new Disney series. 

I don’t expect there to be any change in the 12 count roster, and with only twelve figures we would be seriously limited in what new characters we end up with. A Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and probably Goofy (now that we have a mold for him) variants are required inclusions for any Disney CMF—that’s four figures, two thirds of an entire series! Throw in a Daisy or maybe a stand alone Pluto? And oof, we are running out of space! What happens if they put a repeat—are they going to leave all that money on the table by not adding a new Elsa minifigure? 

Let’s be honest the 12 figures a series thing is great for non-licensed waves, because Lego has been clawing at the pavement below the bottom of the barrel for years now to conjure half-baked CMF figure concepts :blush:, but the limit of twelve is really a gut punch to licensed series, especially those without ongoing sets (sans Mickey & Friends), like Disney, who benefited immensely from the past large roster.  

Ideally, I hope whatever roster space available is used to cover the most amount of films possible with one off encompassing characters. Cruella is a popular guess (I agree and wouldn’t bet against her inclusion), who would cover essentially the entire Dalmatian films. Same with someone like Tarzan, Tiana, or Snow White (disregarding my desire for an Evil Queen) It’s tough, once you start getting characters like Belle and Beast for instance—then that’s two slots gone to represent only one film. Granted, I have to admit I’m biased. Can we just get like all villains Lego? All Disney villains! Then you’ll get no complaints from me! 

Or just like make Disney minifigure sets based off various movies, it’s not that hard Lego. 

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

Let’s be honest the 12 figures a series thing is great for non-licensed waves, because Lego has been clawing at the pavement below the bottom of the barrel for years now to conjure half-baked CMF figure concepts :blush:, but the limit of twelve is really a gut punch to licensed series, especially those without ongoing sets (sans Mickey & Friends), like Disney, who benefited immensely from the past large roster.  

Completely agree. I do hope Disney overrides Lego and opts for the bags. I can imagine they have some sort of say in it. I was surprised to see Marvel got 12 figs considering the endless possibilities. It’d make no sense for them to increase the fig count and go with boxes, it’s like catering to fans while also disregarding another sentiment of theirs. I’m very interested to see how this plays out.

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

Or just like make Disney minifigure sets based off various movies, it’s not that hard Lego. 

Literally my biggest wish. I reason they haven’t because a bulk of said sets would be Disney princess based and they can’t compete Disney princess sets with figs against the mini doll sets as they’d be cutting into their own profit. Which also kind of makes no sense because admitting this is admitting there’s a huge if not bigger portion of people willing to buy princess sets with figs instead of dolls.

as for your sentiment of hoping we get as many one offs as possible, I agree Cruella, Mary Poppins and even Tarzan would be great contenders , but Snow White? Besides the Evil Queen, all 7 Dwarves and (considering it’s the very first) even the prince feel like must have’s for the theme. Not to mention the Queen in her evil witch variant. There’s even something to be said that fans who’d buy Tarzan would be just as willing to buy Jane.

My dream is for a Lego Pinocchio set. Or two. Geppetto’s workshop with Fairy Godmother, Pinocchio, Geppetto, and Figaro. A set with the whale and some of the Donkeys from Pleasure Island. And of course a set of Strombolli, and his carriage with performance scene. Maybe include the girl doll Pinocchio duetted “no strings” with. If they don’t do mini fig Princess sets to avoid cutting sales for the mini doll line, whatever. But Pinocchio and Dumbo? Who wouldn’t buy Lego sets for these?!!

Edited by cosmic

20 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think it will be called series 3. Should be called Disney 100th anniversary or something like that

What a big difference? :P

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

Completely agree. I do hope Disney overrides Lego and opts for the bags.

The Disney 100 series should come in bags. The boxes will be introduced in the one after Disney: the september 1st series

So, there are still 2 series left with bags: Series 24 and Disney 100

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What a big difference? :P

Series 3 would be just another series with Disney characters from popular movies.

100th Anniversary will specifically focus on it. 

If there going to do it, go big!  100 years, 100 figs!

Never would happen, but that would be amazing, and they could easily pull it off. 

On second thought, not sure I could afford that many! :laugh:

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Series 3 would be just another series with Disney characters from popular movies.

100th Anniversary will specifically focus on it. 

…and what‘s the difference? :tongue: They‘ll still pick characters from popular films to celebrate the 100th anniversary. S1 and S2 would‘ve worked in that capacity too.

I think a S3 branding would‘ve reduced the risk of repeats (say, an updated Ariel or something). Under the new branding, they could theoretically excuse reusing characters by saying it‘s a separate series :shrug_oh_well: 

Not saying they‘re gonna do that though, I have faith in the CMF team to give us all-new stuff :thumbup:

Is there even the slightest chance to getting a Lion King set? Any at all? The've got most of the molds they would need by now.

I wonder if there will be any Pixar characters included.  We've only gotten a total of 6 Pixar minifigures across the previous two series, and only from Toy Story and The Incredibles at that, which makes me think any Pixar inclusions for this series will be extremely limited at best, especially if we're only getting 12 minifigures this time (though I would certainly hope Disney pushes for 18, considering that would still divide evenly into a case of 36)

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…and what‘s the difference? :tongue: They‘ll still pick characters from popular films to celebrate the 100th anniversary. S1 and S2 would‘ve worked in that capacity too.

I think a S3 branding would‘ve reduced the risk of repeats (say, an updated Ariel or something). Under the new branding, they could theoretically excuse reusing characters by saying it‘s a separate series :shrug_oh_well: 

Not saying they‘re gonna do that though, I have faith in the CMF team to give us all-new stuff :thumbup:

Exactly.

Two additional points regarding the S3 branding (or rather, lack thereof):

• It finally would‘ve broken the „two series“ curse for licensed CMF series. Now, it technically persists :tongue:
  • The 100th anniversary branding could‘ve been compatible with it as they don‘t rule each other out. Pretty sure it‘ll pop up on the Princess set boxes next year too (maybe even the Star Wars ones)

4 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Is there even the slightest chance to getting a Lion King set? Any at all? The've got most of the molds they would need by now.

This is what I am hoping. Of course, Pride Rock is not a theme park so it may not make sense to fill it with random minifigures like Peter Pan, Maleficent, Elsa when we got Disney Castle with Series 1 and Train Station with Series 2. 

But getting Lion King or other popular film-based sets would be great and we get more characters. 

5 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if there will be any Pixar characters included.  We've only gotten a total of 6 Pixar minifigures across the previous two series, and only from Toy Story and The Incredibles at that, which makes me think any Pixar inclusions for this series will be extremely limited at best, especially if we're only getting 12 minifigures this time (though I would certainly hope Disney pushes for 18, considering that would still divide evenly into a case of 36)

I hope we don't get any more Pixar characters in the Disney waves. It has always bothered me that Disney itself tends to mash its own animation studio and Pixar together as if there were no distinction between them. The two studios have notably different storytelling styles and ways of setting up character dynamics (although naturally there is some cross-pollination).

Hooray for more Disney figures! I wanted LEGO to make them since I was a kid, and now my own kids LOVE the figures from the previous 2 series! 

Here are my predictions/wishes:

1. Snow White (w/ apple, of course)
2. Dopey (w/ pickaxe and gem) NOTE: the current x-mas elf hat/ears mold would work PERFECTLY for Dopey
3. Pinocchio (w/ school book)
4. Sorcerer Mickey (no accessory, since the hat would need to be a new mold)
5. Princess Minnie Mouse (from The Brave Little Tailor--again, she would require a new mold for the hat)
6. Mary Poppins (w/ umbrella)
7. Cruella de Vil (w/ purse)
8. Belle (w/ book) NOTE: I could see them putting her in either the ball gown or her blue dress from the beginning of the film
9. Beast (w/ enchanted rose)
10. Rapunzel (w/ hair brush)
11. Flynn Rider (w/ wanted poster and satchel)
12. Mirabel (w/ magic candle and butterfly)

Of the figures I listed, only Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Mary Poppins, and Cruella would require new molds.

I also wouldn't put it past TLG to feature Woody and Jessie in the series--reusing the molds from Toy Story 4 and giving the figures better printing. I'd prefer that they weren't included, but I also wouldn't mind getting better figures for those characters.

12 minutes ago, jjr_2009 said:

1. Snow White (w/ apple, of course)
2. Dopey (w/ pickaxe and gem) NOTE: the current x-mas elf hat/ears mold would work PERFECTLY for Dopey
3. Pinocchio (w/ school book)
4. Sorcerer Mickey (no accessory, since the hat would need to be a new mold)
5. Princess Minnie Mouse (from The Brave Little Tailor--again, she would require a new mold for the hat)
6. Mary Poppins (w/ umbrella)
7. Cruella de Vil (w/ purse)
8. Belle (w/ book) NOTE: I could see them putting her in either the ball gown or her blue dress from the beginning of the film
9. Beast (w/ enchanted rose)
10. Rapunzel (w/ hair brush)
11. Flynn Rider (w/ wanted poster and satchel)
12. Mirabel (w/ magic candle and butterfly)

Of the figures I listed, only Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio, Mary Poppins, and Cruella would require new molds.

Only Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio Mary Poppins and Cruella de Vil requiring new molds? What is that suppsoed to mean? Other characters like the Beast and Rapunezel do need some new molds. Like the Bast needs a head mold and maybe clawed legs or Rapunzel’s hair need to be little longer than Jasmine’s hairpiece. 

P.S., I would swap Rapunzel’s brush for chameleon. There is an existing chameleon mold from Series 19. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Only Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio Mary Poppins and Cruella de Vil requiring new molds? What is that suppsoed to mean? Other characters like the Beast and Rapunezel do need some new molds. Like the Bast needs a head mold and maybe clawed legs or Rapunzel’s hair need to be little longer than Jasmine’s hairpiece. 

P.S., I would swap Rapunzel’s brush for chameleon. There is an existing chameleon mold from Series 19. 

Good call on the chameleon!

Molds already exist for The Beast's head and Rapunzel's hair (for the Friends-style figures). I'm not sure if The Beast's head could be used for a minifigure? I've never seen the piece in-person. Rapunzel's hair could *definitely* be improved on, but I think it could work in a pinch.