Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

It's interesting to see how different the 2023 Disney minidolls are compared to 2022, same characters but very different style of prints, especially the eyes and mouth prints have very different proportions and shapes.

So it's not just friends getting a doll makeover.

Edited by TeriXeri

Has anyone considered the possibility of Carl's House being a microscale set? 

I really hope it's not the case, since that's one of my dream sets, but the number of pieces is line with the Disney Castle and the Haunted Mansion.

The only difference is that the set numbers for those were different, and the one for Carl's House is in line with other regular Disney sets.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Has anyone considered the possibility of Carl's House being a microscale set? 

I think it’s been brought up before, and while I’d prefer something in a bigger scale, microscale is the likeliest option I’m afraid. The balloons alone would make a minifig-scale set below $120 next to impossible *huh*

51 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think it’s been brought up before, and while I’d prefer something in a bigger scale, microscale is the likeliest option I’m afraid. The balloons alone would make a minifig-scale set below $120 next to impossible *huh*

Exactly. 600 pieces isn't much for a regular house, yet alone one with hundreds of balloons.

Still, I hope it makes a nice display piece. Minifigures are a must tho, without those I probably won't buy that set.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Exactly. 600 pieces isn't much for a regular house, yet alone one with hundreds of balloons.

Still, I hope it makes a nice display piece. Minifigures are a must tho, without those I probably won't buy that set.

Luckily if I recall correctly the price point is above the micro castle and haunted mansion, which would suggest wiggle room for multiple accompanying minifigures instead of just one like the others. We definitely need at least Carl and Russel, preferably Doug as well (the golden retriever mold already exists after all). 

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Luckily if I recall correctly the price point is above the micro castle and haunted mansion, which would suggest wiggle room for multiple accompanying minifigures instead of just one like the others. We definitely need at least Carl and Russel, preferably Doug as well (the golden retriever mold already exists after all). 

Yeah, I'd be happy with a well-done microscale model with those three characters. 

19 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

(the golden retriever mold already exists after all). 

Yes, but Doug looks nothing like a regular golden retrievet (let alone the existing mold), the movie style is way more cartooney, so he'd need a new one

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Yes, but Doug looks nothing like a regular golden retrievet (let alone the existing mold), the movie style is way more cartooney, so he'd need a new one

Some of that could be compensated for with printing. I just think a molded Doug next to a Carl and Russel using standard minifigure heads wouldn’t look quite right. It would be like if they’d done the Winnie the Pooh set with a molded Eeyore but just given the rest of the included characters printed minifigure heads. Yes, Doug is in a very cartoonish style, but so are the rest of the characters (Carl’s head is square and takes up over 1/3 of his height), so I think you’d either need to do new molds for everyone (which might not fit the budget and doesn’t fit with their previous handling of Pixar’s penchant for nonstandard body proportions in human characters) or make the designs fit on the current system the best they can. 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

think you’d either need to do new molds for everyone

which is what I'd expect

like this ones I genuinely can't see working as standard minifigures. maybe rusell, but Carl has a square head

Edited by PGBQW