Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

As far as I know it hasn’t been confirmed on way or the other yet - but I think there are many people wary about assuming it will use minifigures because most of the sets featuring young female characters like Wendy tend to be Princess themed and use minidolls. I think there’s a more than reasonable chance it’ll use regular minifigs, seeing as it isn’t a Princess set in any way. 

That makes sense. But Wendy isn't a character Disney has ever marketed much so she doesn't fit the princess demographic the way even Alice or Tinker Bell would. Also as an anniversary Disney set, that presumably will include other sets besides just Up, it seems these sets are aimed at a more general demographic than just young girls. 

I just rearranged some of my display area to make space, so I sure as hell hope they ain’t minidoll-based :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Goodness gracious, the Up house! with only over 500 pieces it seems to be in a smaller scale than we'd might have expected... which gives me the impression the balloons could be left out completely. Which I'm perfectly OK with to be honest, in order to look "right" balloons should have at least a double of the house's volume, and with that piece count it doesn't seem feasible. We'll see, as long the house isn't too small and we'll get Carl, Russell, Dug and (most likely brick built) Kevin, I'll be happy.

Yeah, I also really hope they're minifigures. I have big nostalgia for Peter Pan, so I would consider getting that set if it looks good.

I think the only sets that have a chance at not having minidolls are: Peter Pan and Wendy's Storybook, Birthday Train, Carl's House, and the D2C.

There's also obviously the CMF :tongue:

Damn, next year is going to be an expensive one for me, particularly when it comes to Lego. Retired and new Star Wars sets, Marvel stuff, collecting all the CMFs, getting caught up on some D2Cs, the return of Lego Indiana Jones and this Disney 100th Anniversary thing.

Finally getting the Up house is very exciting for me, thought the rumored price and piece count worries me. I’m guessing it’ll either be at a similar scale as the mini-Disney Castle or Haunted Mansion, or it’s going to be a somewhat small playset, comparable to something like Emmet’s House. As long as we get some versions of Carl, Russell, Dug and Kevin, I’m content.

The Peter Pan book isn’t super interesting to me but I might get it since it’s so cheap. This is of course assuming that it comes with minifigs, not minidolls.

I wish Lego would branch out a bit with their Disney themes. We still need playsets based on:

Lilo and Stitch

The Lion King

Hercules

Pocahontas

Alice in Wonderland

101 Dalmatians

The Sword in the Stone

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

The Jungle Book

Duck Tales

TaleSpin

Gargoyles

The Emporer's New Groove

Fantasia

Tarzan

Treasure planet

Atlantis

Robin Hood

Zootopia/Zootropolis

Mary Poppins

Return To Oz

The Muppet Christmas Carol

A Bug's Life

Muppet Treasure Island

Monsters Inc

Enchanted

Disney Fairies

Wreck It Ralph

Big Hero 6

Coco

Rescue Rangers

Wuzzles

Descendants

I know some characters have appeared in CMF series or as Brickheads, but I want more characters and locations in Minidoll or Minifigure based sets. I don't get why licenses such as Winnie The Pooh only got one set instead of being a 5 set theme etc...

On 11/16/2022 at 12:01 PM, skelliesgang said:

Disney 100 CMF wishlist. I purposely left out Pixar and tried to throw in some figures that would honor the theme park division. 

1. Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey (hat, broom, bucket)

2. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

3. Snow White (basket, apple)

4. Pinocchio (school book)

5. Jiminy Cricket (medal)

6. Fantasia Female Centaur (flowers)

7. Cruella De Ville (Dalmatian puppy)

8. Haunted Mansion Hatbox Ghost 

9. Figment; may be too obscure for general consumer

10. Tiana in Wedding Gown (Naveen frog)

11. Dr. Facilier (Tarot cards)

12. Mirabel (candle)

Alernates that could also make the final list:

Jack Skellington

Sally (nightshade urn)

Judy Hopps 

Nick Wilde (pawpsicle)

Moana (Heart of Tefiti)

Orange Bird (in place of Figment to represent WDW)

Vanellope Von Schweetz 

Bruno (rat accessory)

Haunted Mansion Constance w/ axe (murderous ghost bride probably too grim)

Walt Disney 

Since it is the Disney anniversary, I think it is just about the right time they also pay homage to some of the original princesses. I know there's a line of minidolls but that is for the small girls and AFOLs time and time again have expressed disappointment and frustration at the lack of princess minifigs. Wasn't there supposed to be an Ideas Snow White house that was scrapped? I am hoping this CMF series would include Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty, or at least one of them!

I also just realized that Disney has all but skipped the Pocahontas theme, even for the minidolls line. I suppose it is too controversial? Hmm...

On 11/23/2022 at 6:58 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope we get more sets without minidolls next year.

Carl's house obviously is one, but I do hope there's more beyond that.

Very much hoping so, too! AFOLs want it. The general public wants it. The minidolls are only for a specific market. Come, on Lego!!!

On 11/23/2022 at 8:41 PM, JeanGreyForever said:

Has it been confirmed if the Peter Pan Storybook set is minidolls instead of minifigs? I'll be really disappointed if it's minidolls because I wanted a Wendy to join my Peter, Tink, and Hook. It would have been nice to have a whole line of Disney storybook sets for other movies like Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, etc. but I'll have little to no interest if minifigs aren't involved.

And I agree with everyone else that $160 seems too low to be the Sleeping Beauty castle. I'd love to see it represented in Lego form though, either as the Disneyland version or the Disneyland Paris version since I think that's the most spectacular castle from all the parks. But the Disneyland one is definitely more iconic, small as it is.

I'd be very disappointed with any more minidolls!

I'm really hoping for another castle - perhaps the Cinderella one? What's the most iconic Disney building that hasn't been done?

Edited by hikouki

2 hours ago, hikouki said:

I'm really hoping for another castle - perhaps the Cinderella one? What's the most iconic Disney building that hasn't been done?

I’m pretty sure the Sleeping Beauty one in California hasn’t been done yet. 

As for other buildings, maybe the Epcot globe? A rather daunting shape to do with lego, but the challenge of it would definitely be interesting. A selection of buildings along Main Street is also an option if want a building. I could also easily see the designers going in the same direction as this year’s Chinese New Year’s set and doing a Lego rendition of the Main Street Electrical Parade - since that’s a pretty iconic part of the park. Or perhaps since this is an anniversary of Disney Animation (and by extension Disney as a whole), perhaps something like Toontown (although that is something that could be accomplished in the current Mickey & Friends theme). 

11 hours ago, hikouki said:

Since it is the Disney anniversary, I think it is just about the right time they also pay homage to some of the original princesses. I know there's a line of minidolls but that is for the small girls and AFOLs time and time again have expressed disappointment and frustration at the lack of princess minifigs. Wasn't there supposed to be an Ideas Snow White house that was scrapped? I am hoping this CMF series would include Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty, or at least one of them!

I also just realized that Disney has all but skipped the Pocahontas theme, even for the minidolls line. I suppose it is too controversial? Hmm...

Very much hoping so, too! AFOLs want it. The general public wants it. The minidolls are only for a specific market. Come, on Lego!!!

I'd be very disappointed with any more minidolls!

Agreed, we need to get at least one of Walt's princesses if not all three. I still don't understand why they put Maleficent in Series 1 without Aurora (or for that matter, Stitch without Lilo). And frankly not just Snow White, but also all Seven Dwarfs deserve to have minifigs. They're literally the foundation of the Disney company since the dwarfs hold up the main Disney building. That's why I really wanted the cottage because it would have been an easy way to get all the dwarfs plus Snow White and maybe the witch. The dwarfs alone make up more than half of a series now so it's not really feasible to put them all in one wave. We'll be lucky at this point to only get one, probably Dopey.

I know they include Pocahontas in some of the Lego Disney Princess books which makes it even stranger that they made up a minidoll for her in print form but never bothered to physically include her in a set. I've heard from people who work at the now defunct Disney Stores that she actually sells quite well with millennials so even if there's never a minidoll of her, they should at least consider making her into a minfig.

The Snow White cottage is probably the most iconic Disney building after the Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty castles or the theme park buildings like Epcot or the Haunted Mansion. Maybe It's a Small World and its whole facade. The Beast's castle has never been made into a set outside of the minidoll sets and I think the Little Mermaid and Aladdin palaces are fairly iconic as well.

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m pretty sure the Sleeping Beauty one in California hasn’t been done yet. 

As for other buildings, maybe the Epcot globe? A rather daunting shape to do with lego, but the challenge of it would definitely be interesting. A selection of buildings along Main Street is also an option if want a building. I could also easily see the designers going in the same direction as this year’s Chinese New Year’s set and doing a Lego rendition of the Main Street Electrical Parade - since that’s a pretty iconic part of the park. Or perhaps since this is an anniversary of Disney Animation (and by extension Disney as a whole), perhaps something like Toontown (although that is something that could be accomplished in the current Mickey & Friends theme). 

The Main Street Electrical Parade has its anniversary this year so Disney has been making lots of merchandise for it. I'd love to see a Lego version of the parade floats, maybe with a real light-up function. Elliot the dragon as a float would be really fun. And Toontown is something I've long hoped Disney would make in the current Mickey sets. Rather than generic buildings like a fire station, you would think kids would be more interested in actually owning Mickey or Minnie's houses, including Donald's sailboat house, Chip and Dale's treehouse, etc. with a collect them all aspect like with the Hogwarts sets. This would be a great way to branch out and include some other characters like Pete, Ludwig Von Drake, Mickey's nephews, Clarabelle Cow, or Horace Horsecollar.

15 hours ago, Killian said:

I know some characters have appeared in CMF series or as Brickheads, but I want more characters and locations in Minidoll or Minifigure based sets. I don't get why licenses such as Winnie The Pooh only got one set instead of being a 5 set theme etc...

Wasn't the Winnie the Pooh set a big seller? If it was, maybe we'll get more sets like how Friends was popular enough to get another set. Hopefully with some of the other characters like Christopher Robin, Owl, Kanga, and Roo. I'd love to see Owl's treehouse, Rabbit's burrow and garden, and Piglet's house. Not to mention Eeyore's house of sticks.

13 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Wasn't the Winnie the Pooh set a big seller? If it was, maybe we'll get more sets like how Friends was popular enough to get another set. Hopefully with some of the other characters like Christopher Robin, Owl, Kanga, and Roo. I'd love to see Owl's treehouse, Rabbit's burrow and garden, and Piglet's house. Not to mention Eeyore's house of sticks.

Honestly, I’m still a little flabbergasted that we haven’t seen +4 sets for Winnie the Pooh (or Sesame Street for that matter). For all the adults that have a nostalgic love of the franchise, its target audience is still little kids, but currently lego has only put out a single 18+ set for it. Now that they have the licensing and molds it only makes sense to do kid friendly sets of all those locations and more, but for some reason…

Disney just released a new Oswald animation (first in about 95 years) on youtube for Disney 100 years of wonder. Now I really think he'll be part of the cmf.

Er, there are pictures on Instagram. It's a 4+ mini-doll set. It does have Philip and Maleficent though.

That Wacky Racers set is bizarre. They really will base a set off of anything except the movies.

Where'd you see those pictures at?

Also, I loved the new Oswald short. Really hope he's in the CMF.

Edited by The Stud

It was in the usual place but I don't see them now. Maybe they got removed. :pir-sceptic: They probably came directly from Lego's servers, so they should show up soon!

There was also a chunky caterman with Moana and a villager who uses Elsa's CMF hairpiece in black and a small jewelry box with a redesigned Rapunzel (same old wig) and one of those opal skirts. I think this might be the first appearance of opal purple. The "wacky races" set is a chariot for Cinderella, a hot air balloon for Rapnuzel, and a carpet that looks kind of like the Fantasticar for Jasmine to fly around with a baby elephant.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

Pics are available on Lego.com. Sadly they only revealed the Disney Princess stuff. Not that I would buy it but sheesh, the princess journey set is way overpriced - £60 for merely 320 pieces. Even for Disney Princess line this is some bull.

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Aren’t those scheduled for March anyway?

Maybe? It's hard to keep track of all these release dates haha.

I don’t like what they’ve done with the faces on the new Disney princesses, they looked more like the animations previously. I’m guessing that’s why we didn’t get Pocahontas from the ultimate Disney princess celebration image, which is a real shame. 

Edited by DragonElves

46 minutes ago, DragonElves said:

I don’t like what they’ve done with the faces on the new Disney princesses, they looked more like the animations previously. I’m guessing that’s why we didn’t get Pocahontas from the ultimate Disney princess celebration image, which is a real shame. 

I don’t mind the new designs, though it is annoying when we’ve just got sooooo close to having every character in the current design style (eyes with 2 white“sparkle” dots instead of just 1, and eyebrows matching hair colour). All we needed was Pocahontas to complete the set.

How long are we going to have to wait to get everyone in this updated style? Or worse yet we finally get Pocahontas in Summer, but she looks out of place next to half the other characters because the face styling etc is completely different.

-

on another note - sad to see that awful gem dress appearing again but at least it’s only once. Gave them a reason to have to redesign Rapunzel’s hairpiece but kind of wish it had some more length to it- it looks even shorter than the current braid.

Jasmine definitely looks like she’s back to using a darker skin tone - looks the same colour used for Moana. Weird choice - I definitely preferred her with the nougat.

Those Gem dresses are awful.  I mean the piece could be useful somewhere but I rather have a normal lower body piece.  I bought the two small Anna & Elsa sets last year and decided the bigger set with Aurora, Merida & Tiana was way overpriced.  I still need a Merida figure but with no lower body parts it was a hard pass. 

The best set of the bunch appear to be the Moana one to me but I have the original sets so doubt I get this one. 

Aurora's Castle is too youngish but I would like a Prince Philip but not enough to buy the set as I already have the combo one from a few years ago. 

Princess Enchanted Journey is probably the best bang for your buck but again probably a pass since Cinderella's Carriage is done again & again.  The Magic Carpet ride vehicle is interesting as is Rapunzel's Balloon and the Elephant side build is cute.  But I'd rather they had offered these three as cheaper stand alone sets

I already have 2 variants of the Maleficent Mini-Doll and several of the Aurora/Susan from TLM2 ones, but I want Aurora's castle for Philip. I hope giving us more male characters in the Princess theme will become a trend. It's a travesty that with all the Frozen sets, we still don't have Prince Hans. Conflict in a box my @ss