Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I am a huge fan of Disney and an equally huge fan of Lego. So the Disney Parks Lego theme is a wish come true. My only complaint is that I wish we would get a consistent theme from Lego. The Disney Castle is from Disney World in Florida. While the Disney Train (and station) is the train (and station) from Disneyland in California. “Purists” find it hard to pair these two sets. So, I have them both but not together. I hope these new mini-Disney sets will stick with Disney World.

Sets are meh. Star ship build does not wow me. zurg is also nothing exciting and the figures aren’t too exciting for me yet either. I do anticipate getting both sets regardless, but they both lack anything that really catches my eye. Both are just eh.

On 3/28/2022 at 11:07 PM, NoOneOfImportance said:

Far as I know, it will just be the Mickey & Friends and Lightyear sets for Minifig-based sets this year, yeah. Unless LEGO decides to put a minifigure in the mini-scale Haunted Mansion as well. 

Ok thank you for head-up!

On 3/30/2022 at 1:10 AM, CodFather1 said:

Any idea of the minifigures included?

I think it could just include like one of the main characters, like in the mini-castle set.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:33 AM, cosmic said:

Sets are meh. Star ship build does not wow me. zurg is also nothing exciting and the figures aren’t too exciting for me yet either. I do anticipate getting both sets regardless, but they both lack anything that really catches my eye. Both are just eh.

Both? I thought there were 3 sets. To my taste they are pretty good and I like how Zurg turned out to look. I like how they made the star ship set look like a MBS set with that stand too

Edited by StegoLover

i hope the haunted mansion is muppets themed and includes a gonzo variant and maybe even pepe!

5 hours ago, StegoLover said:

I think it could just include like one of the main characters, like in the mini-castle set.

Both? I thought there were 3 sets. To my taste they are pretty good and I like how Zurg turned out to look. I like how they made the star ship set look like a MBS set with that stand too

I meant both non 4+ sets, like both standard sets. I know some people here collect 4 plus sets (I was only ever tempted by the Avengers Tower for both Hulk and Loki but that looked like a $20 set not worth $60 at all lmao) but I do not so I didn’t even consider it among the “normal” sets.

guess I gotta see the film to understand the context for and appreciate the figs. Looking at it more the star fighter is not as bad as I thought but I think I deduced it to Zurgs fingers looking weird to me and the ship looking plain and nothing new design wise for a space ship. It’s all just average I was more excited for the 4+ Incredibles Line (okay maybe I do occasionally buy 4+ sets lol).

Edited by cosmic

11 hours ago, Surge said:

i hope the haunted mansion is muppets themed and includes a gonzo variant and maybe even pepe!

I bet you’re right about the Haunted Mansion minifig being Muppet themed. Perfect timing with the Muppet CMF series coming out later this year so they can recycle the head mold.

Is the next Disney Parks D2C supposed to come out this year along with the next minifigure series? I thought the schedule was set for every 3 years and it's been 3 years since 2019 when we got the Disney Train and Series 2.

9 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Is the next Disney Parks D2C supposed to come out this year along with the next minifigure series? I thought the schedule was set for every 3 years and it's been 3 years since 2019 when we got the Disney Train and Series 2.

Don't know about any D2C, but from what I've heard the roster for CMF is full this year, with series 22 and 23, as well as the Muppets CMF.

20 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I thought Disney Series 3 and Harry Potter Series 3 were safe bets for this year and I was very confident that that's what would happen for the longest time. Neither are happening this year though, and I have a gut feeling that we might not get a Harry Potter Series 3 in general.

I can definitely see us getting another Disney Series next year though. With us getting Series 23 this year to commemorate the 90th Anniversary of Lego, I could see Lego just doing three licensed series next year so that they can release Series 24 in 2024 to bring back the year/series number pattern they'd been doing for a while. I also think a Marvel Series 2 is a safe bet with how well the first series sold; Lego would just need to space out the two series so that there's not two Disney related ones in a row. 

The Disney Castle will likely be on its way out this December after a very solid six year run, so we'll be due for another Parks D2C especially since the Train has already retired even before the Castle. If Lego puts out another set next year, then a CMF series will likely coincide with it.

On 4/4/2022 at 7:09 PM, JeanGreyForever said:

No Disney Series 3 this year - we will have Muppets Series and regular Series 23. Don’t know abut D2C.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No Disney Series 3 this year - we will have Muppets Series

Technically the Muppets IS a Disney series, but not the one we expected

7 hours ago, The Stud said:

The Disney Castle will likely be on its way out this December after a very solid six year run, so we'll be due for another Parks D2C especially since the Train has already retired even before the Castle.

I agree that next year seems like a good year to expect a new D2C set and a proper Disney series to go along with it. 2023 is also the Walt Disney Company's 100th anniversary, so there could be some larger merchandising push with companies like LEGO for that, too?

Personally, I would love for LEGO to do a monorail set with a collection of park attractions/icons for us to arrange around the monorail. Something like the style of the 50th Disney World castle or the rumored Haunted Mansion but for attractions that wouldn't sell on their own. Something like the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty Castle, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, the Matterhorn, etc. all on their own display base and then monorail track you can weave around them.

19 hours ago, nicknack116 said:

Technically the Muppets IS a Disney series, but not the one we expected

Yes that’s correct but it’s a big difference…. Muppet Series is a pure series of Muppet characters while Disney Series is a mix of different characters. That’s why I said “no Disney Series 3”. :)

Edited by DBlegonerd7
Fixed typo and bolded “3”

Any idea when we'll get to know what the Mickey sets are like? I really hope they branch out to include new characters like Pete, Clarabelle, Horace, or Ludwig Von Drake.

Edited by JeanGreyForever

5 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Any idea when we'll get to know what the Mickey sets are like? I really hope they branch out to include new characters like Pete, Clarabelle, Horace, or Ludwig Von Drake.

I have no idea. I am assuming others have no answers as well. 

But I do hope for new characters too. 

I've built the set, and it's good.

The minifigures are so great, they really went all out. It's weird that the armour piece has holes for the glass helmet tho. Accessories are also great.

The build looks fantastic. I like the fact that it's not oversized like most LEGO mechs, and actually uses mostly small pieces.

The legs are rather horrible tho, the medium clips make them impossible to pose without the mech falling or being in a stiff or strange position. 

On 4/5/2022 at 11:29 PM, nicknack116 said:

I agree that next year seems like a good year to expect a new D2C set and a proper Disney series to go along with it. 2023 is also the Walt Disney Company's 100th anniversary, so there could be some larger merchandising push with companies like LEGO for that, too?.

Isn’t the Castle confirmed to be retiring this year? If that holds true I could definitely see them releasing a new D2C next year to replace the flagship Disney set. I think the retirement of the castle would play a bigger role than Disney’s anniversary as Lego has been kind of flip floppity on which anniversaries and of which themes in general they choose to celebrate. But generally speaking yes I agree its more likely to be next year than this.

After seeing the latest Lightyear trailer, I am somewhat disappointed that we are not getting Zurg's ship, in addition to more accurate Minifigs (Darby and Mo should have entirely green and blue armour respectively, and Darby should have mid-legs). That said, I also think that there has been enough material (characters/vehicles/locations) shown in just the trailers that LEGO could have made an entire line. Hopefully, the movie will be successful enough that we get at least one more set. 

Seeing the characters with glass helmets in the trailer and on the poster makes it even weirder that LEGO didn't include them, despite having holes specifically for those in the armour.

19 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will Mickey and Friends sets be released in June, right?

I think they will :thumbup: At this point, we probably won’t get any descriptions before the official reveal :grin:

Excited to see if they include Pete in one or more of the sets! He’s long overdue IMO

Edit: For some reason, the Lightyear sets can already be ordered on s@h *oh2*

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think they will :thumbup: At this point, we probably won’t get any descriptions before the official reveal :grin:

Excited to see if they include Pete in one or more of the sets! He’s long overdue IMO

Edit: For some reason, the Lightyear sets can already be ordered on s@h *oh2*

I wonder if it will include goofy with his black jacket rather than the yellow disney parks one from the train d2c, as I noticed that the lego stores were selling keychains of that variant (maybe that's old news, haven't really been following this topic) while he doesn't have that in any of the sets.