Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 3/21/2022 at 3:57 AM, sunhuntin said:

The minifig version would pair much better with the minidoll of Ariel, I think. Much more suitable body style for him.

Oh you are talking about king Triton? 

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Lightyear set reveals will be tomorrow, y'all. 

Interesting that the instructions are not categorised under Disney.

I LOVE both of these Lightyear sets!!! The starfighter looks incredible, the UCS-style stand is such a wonderful surprise and the figures look amazing! The Zurg set looks fantastic too!! Yes he is oversized but I love the design and new head mold and the figures in this set look amazing. I also really like the little robot design too. My only complaints with this set are that Zurg doesn't have his iconic blaster like we saw in the trailer and there doesn't appear to be a 2nd set of wings for the female character(not sure what her name is). I also really like the printed (what looks like Coaxium) crystal containers in both sets, that will be such a useful print to have. Overall, I am blown away but these sets and I'm even more hyped for the film now.

Edited by ToaDraco

Zurg having no blaster is a bizarre choice. I don't think the scale is too off though.

Edited by doclord

I have to get the Zurg battle, if only for the exclusive Buzz figure. Hopefully I can make Zurg a gun and find some way to improve his proportions, he looks rather dumpy. The other two are good, but aren't high on the list, especially the 4+ one. That being said though, this is one of first 4+ sets that I have seen that hasn't immediately been clear that it is 4+, and I give Lego props for integrating it so well with the line.

I am absolutely in love with those sets. What an incredible wave. Each minifigure is exclusive to its set, which is even more surprising. 

The 4+ set is awesome. Possibly my favourite build in a 4+ set. Works great.

Zurg set is also fantastic. The builds look so good, and it has both characters in regular costumes. Surprising to see that both have arm printing, and both are different. 

I also love the spaceship. The display plate is an amazing addition. Minifigures are great too.

I'm gonna get the Zurg set.

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

Loving the Classic Space vibe of the XL-15. May have to purchase this 

I know, right? It’s pretty much exactly what I might design for a modern remake of the classic 6872 Xenon X-Craft / Lunar Patrol Craft, except for the white color and the different shade of blue. Even the windscreen color is right for a Classic Space remake. It may be a licensed set but it sure floats my boat. Can’t wait to see what other builds the windscreen is intended for, they can can’t have made that mold with just the one set in mind.

I'm honestly loving these sets - even the 4+ mech is really well done and doesn't feel overly simple. I could see this build coming in a regular set and wouldn't even really be upset. 

The XL-15 is honestly perfect. If it wasn't for everything else coming this year, I would be very tempted to buy that one.

I wonder if the old Construct-A-Zurg head from 2010 might work on the new Zurg. I'm going to add that and maybe his cape from that set... I'm also gonna need to design a tri-barreled ion Blaster though in the larger scale. I've already figure out how to add the Z tile to Zurg's chest from the pictures.

Anyone else going to army build the Zyclops with set 76830?

Oh my gosh….these sets look GREAT!!! Maybe I will pick one or two but it’s’ hard for me to decide. 

Save these Buzz Lightyear and Mickey & Friends sets the only minifigure sets we have this year?

So, do we have another Pixar line revealing spoilers? The same character appearing in both good guy and bad guy outfits?

These sets look very well done. Best whole 4+ set they've done (the Joker car from that Joker car and Batmobile set was also on par, but the Batmobile was obvious 4+ stuff).

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh my gosh….these sets look GREAT!!! Maybe I will pick one or two but it’s’ hard for me to decide. 

Save these Buzz Lightyear and Mickey & Friends sets the only minifigure sets we have this year?

Far as I know, it will just be the Mickey & Friends and Lightyear sets for Minifig-based sets this year, yeah. Unless LEGO decides to put a minifigure in the mini-scale Haunted Mansion as well. 

Wow, these sets look pretty solid. It might be the best Pixar theme Lego has done since the original Toy Story/Cars sets. I’m not super hyped for this new Lightyear movie, but I was a huge Buzz Lightyear fanatic when I was little so I’ll definitely watch it when it comes out.

Going in reverse order, the XL-15 Spaceship is pretty neat. I love that Lego is implementing UCS-style stands to a lot of other sets now. I also really dig the color scheme and the figures are pretty neat too. My only qualm is that the set looks a little thin/small for the price, even with a good number of pieces included.

The Zurg Battle is probably the only set I’ll for sure get, while the other two are maybes if I really enjoy the film or can find them for a discount. My only qualm with the build here is that I’m not a super big fan of the fingers Lego used for Zurg, he’s also missing his big blaster thing. Neither of which are a big deal however. The figures here also look great, I like that this new Buzz figure will stand out from the Disney CMF/Toy Story 4 versions we got. And that red battery pack - wasn’t that the thing Buzz was trying to get in the video game at the start of Toy Story 2?

Even the 4+ Zyclops Chase looks pretty solid; it’s the one Juniors mech that actually looks like it could be a good display model without being modded. Again though, I’ll probably just get this one if I really enjoy the movie.

Overall, Lego knocked out of the park with this theme. The builds all look really cool and this is such a unique space theme from a lot of the other City or licensed space stuff we usually get. The minifigures are all pretty good. Even though I think the Buzz hairpiece used is a little spiky (I also just realized that this is the first time we’re seeing Buzz Lightyear’s hair…), I love that Lego went the extra mile and included extra heads and hairpieces for him and for this new Izzy figure. I also really like the new yellow cat. It’s probably not super accurate to the film but it looks non-specific enough that it can be used outside of this Lightyear setting. Overall, good job Lego.

On 3/28/2022 at 7:27 AM, Seasider said:

Loving the Classic Space vibe of the XL-15. May have to purchase this 

I wouldn't be surprised if the film's director, Angus MacLane, had a hand in that design. He's a massive AFOL after all. :classic:

32 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the film's director, Angus MacLane, had a hand in that design. He's a massive AFOL after all. :classic:

u58mu335c7q81.png

6 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

That armor piece looks pretty much identical to the one for Paz Vizsla from The Mandalorian

13 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Far as I know, it will just be the Mickey & Friends and Lightyear sets for Minifig-based sets this year, yeah. Unless LEGO decides to put a minifigure in the mini-scale Haunted Mansion as well. 

I don't always catch everything in all the forums. There is a mini scale Haunted Mansion coming? Is that a D2C? small GWP like the potter one from a few years ago? Something else? Or even real?

17 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I don't always catch everything in all the forums. There is a mini scale Haunted Mansion coming? Is that a D2C? small GWP like the potter one from a few years ago? Something else? Or even real?

40521 Mini Haunted Mansion will be releasing later this year, yeah. 

It will likely be around the same scale as the Mini Disney Castle, though that's not 100% certain yet.

6 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

40521 Mini Haunted Mansion will be releasing later this year, yeah. 

It will likely be around the same scale as the Mini Disney Castle, though that's not 100% certain yet.

Any idea of the minifigures included?