Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

There is your castle set, Castle fans, go nuts :laugh_hard:

These sound intriguing, and it‘s nice to see our third Goofy minifig. Still hoping for a Pete minifig :thumbup:

It seems there’s rumor of a mini Haunted Mansion set, possibly a GWP. I’m very excited about that if it pans out! Hopefully the first of many attraction builds in the future.

Pictures up of ariels underwater castle and Elsa and the Nokk stable

https://www.jb-spielwaren.de/lego-disney-princess/

I think the aesthetic of the Ariel set is very nice, like the mermaid tail printing and one of her sisters is included (and 3 dolphins and a calf!). Nice that king triton is included, he doesn’t look very foreboding however… I’m glad we get Elsa in that dress, slightly disappointed the Nokk didn’t get a new mold with a moveable head but that was wishful thinking on my part.

That isn't a reuse of the Series 7 Ocean King hairpiece, right? It looks longer I think

Triton looks odd with a slim body. They did the same with Ursula, and neither of those really work with that body

I like how the carriage came out. And the inclusion of the sister. I wonder if they'll ever release Melody. 

Also, apparently, one the songs from "Encanto" is now like the more popular Disney song ever or something like that 

It even dethroned "Let it go" from FROZEN, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get more Encanto sets. 

33 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That isn't a reuse of the Series 7 Ocean King hairpiece, right? It looks longer I think

Definitely new and looks like one piece with the beard to me. It's similar to the Santa beard but not the same, and the connection is so close that I think it's most likely one piece.

LEGO really does need a bulky minidoll for characters like this. Minidolls have such slim proportions that bulkier characters look positively anemic.

Overall while it's a shame LEGO keeps treading the same ground with the bigger Disney Princess palaces, they do keep getting better, so it's hard to complain too much. I'd still love to see a proper Agrabah palace from Aladdin or a big Mulan set, but I get that Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen and Cinderella are the more popular properties with the target demographic, so they keep getting the bigger or more elaborate spotlight sets.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Definitely new and looks like one piece with the beard to me. It's similar to the Santa beard but not the same, and the connection is so close that I think it's most likely one piece.

LEGO really does need a bulky minidoll for characters like this. Minidolls have such slim proportions that bulkier characters look positively anemic.

Overall while it's a shame LEGO keeps treading the same ground with the bigger Disney Princess palaces, they do keep getting better, so it's hard to complain too much. I'd still love to see a proper Agrabah palace from Aladdin or a big Mulan set, but I get that Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen and Cinderella are the more popular properties with the target demographic, so they keep getting the bigger or more elaborate spotlight sets.

Same for the Beast. 

But we have Jack Skellington from Series 2 nd it’s too builky for him in minifigure form. 

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

LEGO really does need a bulky minidoll for characters like this. Minidolls have such slim proportions that bulkier characters look positively anemic.eauty and the Beast, Frozen and Cinderella are the more popular properties with the target demographic, so they keep getting the bigger or more elaborate spotlight sets.

Yeah, you're right. It might be molded all together like the Caveman hairpiece from CMF S1

Just like Barbie did recently, I think TLG will have to include more body types in the minidoll range 

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

But we have Jack Skellington from Series 2 nd it’s too builky for him in minifigure form. 

I intended no sentiment about Minifigures with my comment about Minidolls, since that's a separate discussion. However, I think since Minifigure proportions are already so unrealistic, they're acceptable for capturing more different shapes, but Minidolls look closer to real human proportions and thus it's even more noticeable when they're trying to capture a character who doesn't have the slim minidoll physique.

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It is all one piece but still technically can be attached on to a minifig head. It's a dualmolded "bearded helmet" with a printed on face and underneath is a unprinted regular (faceless) minidoll head. Here is a review of the set which shows the piece:

34 minutes ago, Metanoios said:

It is all one piece but still technically can be attached on to a minifig head. It's a dualmolded "bearded helmet" with a printed on face and underneath is a unprinted regular (faceless) minidoll head. Here is a review of the set which shows the piece:

Wow! Was not expecting that! Thanks for the link. Well, that kills my excitement for that part. It reminds me of Beorn from The Hobbit - looks like a regular head with a cool beard, but is all one piece.

Is this the first time LEGO has officially provided an unprinted minidoll head?

26 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Wow! Was not expecting that! Thanks for the link. Well, that kills my excitement for that part. It reminds me of Beorn from The Hobbit - looks like a regular head with a cool beard, but is all one piece.

Is this the first time LEGO has officially provided an unprinted minidoll head?

Yeah, urgh, there goes the potential usefulness of that part

The new Little Mermaid set looks incredible! Once again has me wishing Lego Elves had lasted long enough to get a mermaid-focused wave...

Some great looking parts in it including opalescent minifigure heads and lots of neat Cool Yellow parts!

5 hours ago, williejm said:

Yeah, urgh, there goes the potential usefulness of that part

as a beard-piece collector I agree. We have just like 5 beard-piece attachments compared to an infinite amount of hairpieces. But yeah, with minidolls it's probably hard to make a mold that works. the sweet Maybem fig from TLM2 never quite worked with the shoulder attachment due to how head and neck are done (it's still one of the coolest figs ever).

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

But yeah, with minidolls it's probably hard to make a mold that works. 

Hard to make a beard that attaches around the neck sure, but it shouldn't be hard to make a hair+beard combo that's worn normally over a minidoll head and then can also work for Minifigures. I wonder why they went this route, including the face in the part.

42 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Hard to make a beard that attaches around the neck sure, but it shouldn't be hard to make a hair+beard combo that's worn normally over a minidoll head and then can also work for Minifigures. I wonder why they went this route, including the face in the part.

yeah because of how the head and face are done it ain't so easy to but neck attachments on the dolls. any necklace or other shoulder attachment I have seen on the minidolls so far have not worked very well. I just think minidolls have bad designs. Very unflexible.

11 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I intended no sentiment about Minifigures with my comment about Minidolls, since that's a separate discussion. However, I think since Minifigure proportions are already so unrealistic, they're acceptable for capturing more different shapes, but Minidolls look closer to real human proportions and thus it's even more noticeable when they're trying to capture a character who doesn't have the slim minidoll physique.

Fair point. 

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Hmm maybe this was an ill-guided decision to appeal to minifigure fans? I can’t imagine anyone will be pleased that their minifigure Triton will have minidoll eyes and a nose, even if he’s only semi-purist.  :P 

2 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Hmm maybe this was an ill-guided decision to appeal to minifigure fans? I can’t imagine anyone will be pleased that their minifigure Triton will have minidoll eyes and a nose, even if he’s only semi-purist.  :P 

I'm not sure I understand your point. It would appeal to Minifigure fans if it didn't have the face included!

What a bizarre minidoll :snicker: As if the way they did Beorn wasn’t weird enough already. I mean, at least he didn’t have a blank minifig head beneath his face

2 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Hmm maybe this was an ill-guided decision to appeal to minifigure fans? 

Even if you put it in a minifigure, it would still have minidoll eyes.

The set looks great, I hope Lego will do more Castles like this for Disney Princess and include some villains too. 

I hope people’s dislike of Triton doesn’t stop the set from selling! I really think it’s a great set, albeit a bit pricy. It feels very unique and the shaping and colours are excellent. The interiors are also very good and they have perfected the dolphin chariot builds! The fact we’re finally getting new characters in this theme is also very exciting. Even the unnamed octopus makes me happy as that’s a print designed for an official Disney character, even if it’s a background one! Only having one of Ariel’s sisters was always disappointing, just doubling it two makes the line up feel so much more full.  :P Now with her and Triton, The Little Mermaid has six different characters as minidolls which is quite an achievement. Frozen 2 has 4 and then every other film only has 3, 2 or 1. 

I think the Elsa set would have been vastly improved if it came with a door, even if it was built out of leaves. I feel like the set would look more complete and be more playable as a result. The minidoll of Snow Queen Elsa is great and yay to us finally getting new outfits for the characters too. It’s just a shame her hair couldn’t be more accurate. 

Those Rescue Rangers BrickHeadz are some of the best yet IMO! I believe this is the first set based on a Disney Channel property too? The only other one I can think of is the cancelled Phineas and Ferb Game!

18 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'm not sure I understand your point. It would appeal to Minifigure fans if it didn't have the face included!

I guess they couldn’t balance the beard properly on the torso. So they they thought it would be better to render it as a mask than as a single head piece to appease minifigure fans. This way at least the eyes line up even if they’re not the eyes minifigure fans like. 

1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

I guess they couldn’t balance the beard properly on the torso. So they they thought it would be better to render it as a mask than as a single head piece to appease minifigure fans.

But why wasn't it like a regular beard+hair piece, that goes over a head and the eyes from the head show through? That's what I'm wondering, not why it wasn't a single head piece.