Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 12/14/2021 at 7:35 AM, Mr No said:

Do we know if the Lightyear sets will be 4+ or normal? 

76830 is 20€ and has 87 pieces.

76831 is 30€ and has 261 pieces.

76832 is 50€ and has 498 pieces.

Last two are definitely regular sets, the piece count is too high for a 4+ set, while the first one could very well be 4+, but it also can just have a terrible piece count.

They are coming out April 1st, so we'll know soon enough.

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ok so…Lightyear sets are just minifigures, righ?

Yes, they will be minifigures. 

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ok so…Lightyear sets are just minifigures, righ?

Definitely, the image of Buzz Lightyear mini-doll in my head is like a nightmare.

4 hours ago, Mr No said:

Yes, they will be minifigures. 

Ok it looks like we don’t know if there will be non-Lightyear minifigure sets yet. 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Definitely, the image of Buzz Lightyear mini-doll in my head is like a nightmare.

Agreed!

21 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Are there going to be more Mickey + Friends sets? 

That’s what I am hoping for. 

I wonder if we get a Zurg minifig for Lightyear. He was teased.

Although the Lightyear teaser trailer doesn’t explicitly show the gun-wielding villain, the film’s director – Angus MacLane – has cheekily teased that he’ll make an appearance.

He explained while in conversation with Entertainment Weekly:

“If the core elements of what Buzz is were to be paid off correctly, you would want to make sure that he had a laser, you’d probably want to make sure that he had rocket legs, and you’d probably want to make sure that at some point he had a recognizable antagonist.”

2 hours ago, Mr No said:

I wonder if we get a Zurg minifig for Lightyear. He was teased.

Without a shadow of a doubt :laugh: He‘s the toy line‘s villain, so of course he‘s also the villain in the film that the in-universe toy is based on :classic: What we don‘t know is what his design looks like, kinda hard to reverse-engineer from his toy appearance

I hope so, Zurg could really benefit from dual molded and printed arms and something similar to the newer minifig skirt piece. Depending on how close the design is to the Toy Story films hopefully they could at least be mixed together.

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

It seems we are getting more Mickey 4+ sets in the summer. 

https://www.electricbricks.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Tbd&page=4

10777 4+ Mickey 

10778 4+ Mickey 

10780 4+ Mickey 

Release is June. 

Good, I was hoping that would be the case :thumbup: There‘s still plenty of classic Mickey & Friends characters they could introduce here, like Pete or Horace :classic:

I guess the 3 Lightyear sets are normal sets then and not 4+ which is so good. 

https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2022.html#LEGO_Disney has also listed some more Disney princess sets.

43204 Anna and Olaf’s play castle, 4+, 108 pieces, June 1st
43205 tba 698 pieces, July 1st

43206 Cinderella and the princes castle, 365 pieces, June 1st

None sound particularly interesting, I was hoping for a Pocahontas(especially after that princess celebration image by Lego) Tiana or Merida set.

4 minutes ago, DragonElves said:

https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2022.html#LEGO_Disney has also listed some more Disney princess sets.

43204 Anna and Olaf’s play castle, 4+, 108 pieces, June 1st
43205 tba 698 pieces, July 1st

43206 Cinderella and the princes castle, 365 pieces, June 1st

None sound particularly interesting, I was hoping for a Pocahontas(especially after that princess celebration image by Lego) Tiana or Merida set.

43205 could have Pocahontas and we still don't have all the lists. 

3 minutes ago, Mr No said:

43205 could have Pocahontas and we still don't have all the lists. 

Maybe, 698 pieces would be quite large for a Pocahontas set but it could be another princess mash up set making it more likely.

I wonder if Disney Princess (other than Raya) underperformed in 2021? Nine sets for the whole year seems kind of low. There’s no rumours of a follow up to The Ice Castle either. :( 

As for these three sets I really hope the big one is a joint set. I’d rather individual sets of course, but if this is the way we get Pocahontas I’m all for it! I wonder why they’re making another 4+ Frozen set with Elsa and Olaf when we just got one? Wouldn’t it make more sense if it included Sven or Kristoff with Elsa? And then they could sell both simultaneously. :P I’ll keep hoping for a new hairpiece and dress colour for Cinderella, but my hopes are low after Tiana looked nearly the exact same as before in her set. 

I wonder why they went with Mickey and Friends over Frozen for Dots? I guess to appear more gender neutral? Oh well hopefully these will be successful enough that we get some Princess and Frozen stuff down the line. I’m very excited for the potential prints and interesting 1x1 moulds to come out of these sets. 

More Mickey and Friends 4+ sets is exciting! I really hope at least one of these gives us a plain clothes version of Goofy. :P Characters 

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Good, I was hoping that would be the case :thumbup: There‘s still plenty of classic Mickey & Friends characters they could introduce here, like Pete or Horace :classic:

Clarabelle too! Or at the very least Figaro. 

Last year they had Raya and Encanto, which boosted the number of sets

This year there isn't really anything that would be a good fit for this line. At least from what I can see is Disney's 2022 line-up

12 hours ago, Mr No said:

It seems we are getting more Mickey 4+ sets in the summer. 

https://www.electricbricks.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Tbd&page=4

10777 4+ Mickey 

10778 4+ Mickey 

10780 4+ Mickey 

Release is June. 

This reminds me that I still need to get the already existing Mickey 4+ sets, I only ever got the little plane. :laugh:

I might just Bricklink some of the figures tbh. I’ll probably still get the Fire Station unless Goofy (in a regular outfit without the apron preferably) or Pluto come in one of these sets, especially if these are cheaper, so I’ll hold off. I would kinda like to get the more retro versions of the gang like what are shown on the box art of these sets as well.

Edited by The Stud

Oooo, Mickey & Friends 4+ sets this year? Great becuase i can’t wait for a few new minifigures like Pete. Hopefully Goofy coms with a better variant. I don’t like the one from the last year - he doesn’t look so Goofy than the one from Train Station because of “attire” printing. The Train Station Goofy variant is really expensive to get

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Last year they had Raya and Encanto, which boosted the number of sets

This year there isn't really anything that would be a good fit for this line. At least from what I can see is Disney's 2022 line-up

Hmm what if the mystery set is tied to Disencanted or Hocus Pocus 2? I feel like they’re good enough fits. Even if they’re not based on the sequels I could easily see them doing a single set based on either of the first films and it selling decently. 

Looks like we have some names for some Mickey and Friends sets coming (via FalconFan's post on insta): 

10777 Camping Vacation with Mickey and Minnie $19.99 - 103 pieces

10778 Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy at Luna (possibly Moon) park $29.99 - 184 pieces

10780 Mickey and Friends Paladins of the Castle $49.99 - 215 pieces 

All 4+, and not the best PPP ratios.

There's also 40521 Mini Disney The Haunted Mansion 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance