Soupperson1

Disney Properties 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Disney Properties 2022 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Disney & Pixar Properties (minidoll Princesses line, Toy Story, Lightyear, Disney Animated films, etc.) discussion throughout 2022--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Disney Princesses discussion. 

Enjoy! 

First Half Year Releases
40552 | Buzz Lightyear Brickhead | 114 Pieces
40553 | Woody & Bo Peep Brickheadz Dual Pack

43198 | Anna's Castle Courtyard | $9.99 | 74 Pieces
43199 | Elsa's Castle Courtyard | $9.99 | 53 Pieces
43203 | Aurora, Merida and Tiana’s Enchanted Creations | $69.99 | 558 Pieces
43208 Jasmine & Mulan's Adventures | $39.99 | 176 Pieces

Second Half Year Releases
76830 (Lightyear Set) | $19.99
76831 (Lightyear Set) | $29.99
76832 (Lightyear Set) | $49.99

10777 (Mickey & Friends 4+) | 103 pieces
10778 (Mickey & Friends 4+) | 184 pieces
10780 (Mickey & Friends 4+) | 215 pieces

Unknown
43207 - Ariel's Underwater Castle - $84.99
43209 Elsa And Nokk's Ice Cream Parlour - $14.99
30559 (Polybag?)

This is a strange list.  The only way those Anna & Elsa Castles make sense is if they are like the other princess ones they did a few years back that were basically a single archway, window or turret build with the Princess and a couple of accessories.  That price point is way too low otherwise.  Yet another Ariel set does nothing for me.  Didn't they just do a Jasmine & Mulan storybook mash-up?

Edited by karrit

I’m not going to police anyone but, uh, is this thread suppseod to be created by moderator like Captian Nero since Disney is a licensed theme? 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

BrickMerge has more accurate set names for the Frozen sets with:

43198 Anna’s Castle Courtyard 
43199 Elsa’s Castle Courtyard 
43209 Elsa and Nokk’s Ice Stable 

This list seems a lot more accurate! I’m thankful they’re not continuing the 2019 castles as I really didn’t like those sets. I wonder what the Courtyard sets are just a few brick built pieces of scenery? It’ll be interesting to see what versions of Anna and Elsa they do for them. I also think it’s likely these courtyards might be made to join up with a remake of Arendelle Castle.

I wonder if the Nokk will use the new Friends horse mould? From a kid’s perspective it would be a shame if they used the old mould as that’s less playability.  

Oh and a Bruni mould is confirmed for next year as there’s a polybag called 30559 Elsa and Bruni’s camp in forest. I’m very excited to see him! I’m curious which of the above three sets he’ll appear in. :3

On 9/21/2021 at 6:41 PM, karrit said:

This is a strange list.  The only way those Anna & Elsa Castles make sense is if they are like the other princess ones they did a few years back that were basically a single archway, window or turret build with the Princess and a couple of accessories.  That price point is way too low otherwise.  Yet another Ariel set does nothing for me.  Didn't they just do a Jasmine & Mulan storybook mash-up?

Jasmine hasn’t appeared in a storybook and I don’t think she can as her hair is longer than a microdoll. The $40 Adventures set with her and Mulan doesn’t seem to be a storybook.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:59 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not going to police anyone but, uh, is this thread suppseod to be created by moderator like Captian Nero since Disney is a licensed theme? 

@Captain Nemo I’m sorry I didn’t know! 

6 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

This list seems a lot more accurate! I’m thankful they’re not continuing the 2019 castles as I really didn’t like those sets. I wonder what the Courtyard sets are just a few brick built pieces of scenery? It’ll be interesting to see what versions of Anna and Elsa they do for them. I also think it’s likely these courtyards might be made to join up with a remake of Arendelle Castle.

I wonder if the Nokk will use the new Friends horse mould? From a kid’s perspective it would be a shame if they used the old mould as that’s less playability.  

Oh and a Bruni mould is confirmed for next year as there’s a polybag called 30559 Elsa and Bruni’s camp in forest. I’m very excited to see him! I’m curious which of the above three sets he’ll appear in. :3

Jasmine hasn’t appeared in a storybook and I don’t think she can as her hair is longer than a microdoll. The $40 Adventures set with her and Mulan doesn’t seem to be a storybook.

@Captain Nemo I’m sorry I didn’t know! 

This list seems a bit more likely. 

I was thinking of the Ariel, Belle, Tiana, Cinderella Storybook.  Decided I wasn't getting involved in the micro doll stuff so I didn’t remember which princesses were in it.

I really wish they would revisit Brave so we could get another set with Merida as long as it's the regular size.  I missed out on the first set and am reluctant to buy used since most reasonably priced listings appear to be missing parts and/or Merida.

Thanks for highlighting the info @Soupperson1, I wonder if 43209 is meant to fit on the royal stables as they did have connectors. If so the friends horse molds were used for Maximus and Phillipe so probably for the mock too. Maybe it might be the same colour as the mini nokk version in the storybook to show Elsa has ‘iced’ the nokk so it can go on land. I’m hoping a Pocahontas set comes out soon, especially after that promo shot on the official Lego page.

I was worried they’d cancel them after the Ecanto sets seemed to flop hard. I think the only thing saving them from embarrassment is they released the same month as Vidiyo which obviously did a lot worse. I’m very happy LEGO did at least try making sets of not one but two new Disney films based on original ideas. I’ve been campaigning for those for years. I can’t say they didn’t try now! XD 

2 more books! Maybe they’re not done with these after all? I do find it odd this gets two and Raya got zero. XP It’s interesting instead of silhouettes they’re doing doors to fit with the film. Whats even more interesting is neither of these are themed around Mirabel. I’m very curious to see how they do the Tucan, Jaguar and how they print that animal on a hamster. XP Getting microdolls of these characters should be fun too. 

The house should be a fun and colourful build. Even if this film isn't very good as a fan of Disney Animation this build is a must have! I can’t wait to see what it and especially the interior looks like. I can’t wait to see what Mirabel and her grandmother look like in minidoll form. It’s a real shame we can’t get the two sisters from the book in this set. Now we have them, Li Shang and Queen Iduna only in chibi form. 

On 10/2/2021 at 10:06 AM, Soupperson1 said:

I'd assume (read: hope) 43209 might come with Elsa's white dress from end of Frozen II. Am curious if the other 2 frozen sets will have new outfits or just repeat the ones from this year or from Frozen II. Anna's queen dress from end of Frozen II is also on the want list. I'd at least love to get Elsa's new raised eyebrow smile from the big castle in a cheaper set.

Jasmine and Mulan will hopefully both have new outfits/prints as their previous sets are out of production. Expecting a set similar in style to this years princess crossover stables.

I wonder what other figures will come in the Ariel set. If its underwater it probably rules out Eric. A remake of Ursula seems most likely imo, or whichever sister we got before. But I'm gonna keep hoping for King Triton. Also curious if it'll come with 2 Ariels, 1 mermaid and 1 human with a "transforming" play feature like the 2 Belle's in this years castle.

5 hours ago, DragonElves said:

According to jedijacpenguin there’s another princess mashup 43202 - the enchanted creations of aurora, Merida and Tiana. So at least there should be an updated version of Merida. 
https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2022.html#LEGO_Disney

If they're right at $69.99 - that's not a microdoll set!! Finally a new Merida, and hopefully Tiana will come with the ball gown - she definitely deserves it more than some of the others that have

I too am very excited about this set. I am a bit sad they won’t give Merida and Tiana their own sets but I’ll take what I can get. Hopefully the builds won’t just be generic princess like the stables set and somehow correlate to their films. Oh and good. XP I think the reason the previous Tiana/Aurora set didn’t sell well is because the builds were really meh. 

Aurora will probably be a reuse of the one in the cottage as I have a hard time believing they’ll put her in one of her non pink outfits when she’s supposed to sell this expensive set. I wonder if Tiana will finally get reddish brown skin now that Antonio has it. She also really needs a new hairpiece. XP I wonder if Merida will get a new hairpiece or just use the Ghostbusters library ghost’s? Oh and will her dress be dark turquoise? What animal sidekicks will be included? 

15 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Wait so Tiana and Merida are minifigures?! That would be an amazing change for Lego Disney! I wonder what he meant by Princess mashup?

They’re not minifigures, they’re minidolls, not microdolls.

On 11/20/2021 at 8:04 AM, Soupperson1 said:

I too am very excited about this set. I am a bit sad they won’t give Merida and Tiana their own sets but I’ll take what I can get. Hopefully the builds won’t just be generic princess like the stables set and somehow correlate to their films. Oh and good. XP I think the reason the previous Tiana/Aurora set didn’t sell well is because the builds were really meh. 

Aurora will probably be a reuse of the one in the cottage as I have a hard time believing they’ll put her in one of her non pink outfits when she’s supposed to sell this expensive set. I wonder if Tiana will finally get reddish brown skin now that Antonio has it. She also really needs a new hairpiece. XP I wonder if Merida will get a new hairpiece or just use the Ghostbusters library ghost’s? Oh and will her dress be dark turquoise? What animal sidekicks will be included? 

They’re not minifigures, they’re minidolls, not microdolls.

Most wanted new mold - Mushu. Would also be good to get a frog more accurate to Prince Naveen instead of the same old plain green frog.

Could see Merida with the Ghostbusters library bushy hairpiece (and I'd love to have it in ginger) but they do love to have accessory holes in the princess's hairs. Even Rayas new one which was hard plastic has a hole at the back when she's already wearing a massive hat.

Now if they could just round out the summer wave with a Snow White and Pocahontas crossover set (throw in obligatory Cinderella who's so far eerily absent from 2022 to help it sell), then I'll be happy.

The 2 mini frozen castle sets are on IG.

Those new dresses look weird - looks like they connect to the base of the fountain in the style of those two part meteor and rock pieces that click together. Absolutely no idea why though.

Only positive I can see in them is the new Bruni mould in the Anna set

There’s better images here: https://www.jb-spielwaren.de/en/lego-disney-princess/

Seems the new dresses are so you can put the upper body inside, nice gimmick for kids I suppose. Interestingly if you look at the other pictures we’re also getting Merida, Tiana and Aurora in similar sets. I think children will like them, I’ll probably pick the Anna, Merida and Tiana ones up. 
I like the Mulan and Jasmine set, especially the adult tiger! 

Those dresses are awful what a silly gimmick. Hoping they come with standard skirt pieces as well but doesn't seem that way :/

At least we get a new head and hair for Merida. I'll just stick them on the old figure.

Jasmine and Mulan set is quite nice. Still no Mushu, but the new Rajah is very nice and unexpected.

This wave is way too small for my liking. It seems they’re going to split every theme other than City and Harry Potter up into January and March waves from now on. I guess it means some sets will get to stand out more with the less competition and those who buy everything at once will feel less bad? :P  Here it feels particularly jarring as the first three are grouped together while there’s only one more not in that subline. 

• 43198 Anna’s Courtyard - These opalescent dresses make LEGO look like they don’t understand the concept of surprise toys. XP I mean what’s the novelty of storing Anna within the bottom part of her dress? The image they show of her popping out just looks creepy. The dress’ lack of printing and transparency, even with the Opal finish, will just look off in person. I think what they should’ve done is have her come with the regular dress piece and then have a dress hidden within the build (as a tree trunk or waterfall or something?). I’m also curious why they didn’t do Queen Anna since it would have only required a new torso. Anywho, the set itself looks nice. I don’t think kids will have much fun with just the facade but at least it’s sizeable enough for €10. It’s such a shame Bruni is exclusive to this for the time being as that mould is glorious! 
  • 43199 Elsa’s Castle Courtyard - If they had to use these dress lids across the sets they could’ve been more creative in hiding them. In both small sets they’re fountains. One should’ve used it as a bowl, a footstool etc. I think this set in general looks too similar to Anna’s to stand on its own. I think it be fine if they did these for multiple princesses but the big set shows they aren’t. Even if there wasn’t that dress piece this would be an easy pass as a result of Let It Go Elsa and another Snowgie. 
  • 43203 Aurora, Merida and Tiana’s Enchanted Creations - I don’t think the designer had a clear memo. Merida’s build is clearly inspired heavily what appears on screen in Brave and could be used as a regular set (albeit small with no interior). The fact that it is also a pencil pot is hidden and as a result this is my favourite of the builds. I think the castle is actually much nicer in design than the one from 2014. Tiana’s is inspired by the imagery from Princess and the Frog rather than a specific scene. The feet, height and gold detailing on the side kind of prevents it from being played with as a normal swamp. xP  I really like the overall design though (that part usage of a frog foot is genius) and unlike the first set with Tiana all the colours work really well. I don’t like how Tiana’s build gives you an item to hold while the others don’t. I do like how we’re finally getting a bracelet with Disney prints though. Especially the ones of Tiana and Naveen! Aurora’s build is literally just pink. The exterior has nothing to do with Sleeping Beauty. XP Whats weirder is it is the only one that doesn’t seem to be related to real life objects. It folds open so you can only put the smallest of things in here without making a mess every time you open it. I really like the recolour of the cake icing to be more film accurate and the stain glass windows but really really odd. Again having all the dress lids be parasols is extremely lazy and hardly inspires creativity amongst children. Why not have one be part of the target build for Merida, a flower in Tiana’s pond or part of Aurora’s cake? Oh and I forgot to mention bigger dresses means less fun to play. None of these ladies can sit down, or ride a horse, or fit in most vehicles LEGO puts out. Heck I’m sure there’s some interiors of buildings LEGO puts out that these ladies couldn’t stand in. XP Oh and this is $70?! How?! Being generous it looks like it should be $50? 
  • Aurora, Merida and Tiana - I’m sorry for going on so much above. Im just confused. :P Aurora looks like she always does, except now with metallic arms. Tiana still using medium nougat skin, Cinderella’s hair and bare arms is really frustrating. I’m beginning to think a set with her will need negative media coverage for LEGO to bother updating her to be more accurate. :S On the bright side Merida looks fantastic. Bright orange was a fantastic choice! Her torso is much better as well but it’s a shame that her elbows have lost their detail. Oh well, her head is also gorgeous. I love how she doesn’t have eyelashes and has such a confident smirk. 
  • 43208 Jasmine and Mulan’s Adventure - Rajah looks beautiful it’s great we’re finally getting him at this size. I still think they should’ve used the City mould with Friends eyes, but at least he can have a bow now. :P Khan having a new mane is very generous too. Of course Mushu and Abu would’ve have been preferred but I guess they can do that next time now these two are perfected. I’m happy to see Kriki (who was already perfect) again and Carpet who is now a print. This set doesn’t seem to have any stickers! I wish the Mulan side build was a bit more sizeable but it is very nice. I love the Agrabah Palace though! The colours are finally accurate and consistent! Again for the price of this set I wish there was a bit more depth to the interior but it’s a good starting point. The minidolls aren’t very exciting to me, as I already have the older versions of both but I do like Jasmine’s face! 

Do we know if the Lightyear sets will be 4+ or normal? 

Edited by Mr No

24 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

….Lightning? 

Disney Pixar Lightyear? That's what I meant, this discussion is Disney properties and that's part of the Disney theme. 

Edited by Mr No

10 hours ago, Mr No said:

Do we know if the Lightning sets will be 4+ or normal? 

You mean Lightyear, right? I think it's been said they're normal sets, but don't quote me on that.

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

Disney Pixar Lightyear? That's what I meant, this discussion is Disney properties and that's part of the Disney theme. 

You had me think of Lightning McQueen.  I don’t know if Lighyear sets will be 4+ or nomral yet.