Sign in to follow this  
thewatchman

[MOD] Captain Kraggs pirate boat rebuild

Last year I saw the old 7072 captain kraggs boat and always felt that lego missed a chance with mid sized ship builds, so I thought I’d try my hand at doing a rebuild of a simple kit, to try warm up to smaller sized ship building. 

F5597FBC-ADF5-4234-9A5B-BAD797B9751F89C99554-54F0-4AEF-9913-F5874FE38381D8AA4D8D-1EF6-48BB-99EC-6CE14913E7DC

1 hour ago, thewatchman said:

always felt that lego missed a chance with mid sized ship builds

Yeah, they sure did! Aside from the "cutter" from 6277 Imperial Trading Post, Captain Kragg's Pirate Boat is the only mid sized ship officially release.

Unfortunately the latter is utterly dismal as set but at least it's got MOCing potential.

image.png

1 hour ago, thewatchman said:

so I thought I’d try my hand at doing a rebuild of a simple kit, to try warm up to smaller sized ship building. 

Be interesting to see how it looks with a custom sail.

A remaster that was much needed. Looks so much better than the original. Also, I like that you remade Captain Kragg into casual minifigure. Good job! :pir-thumb:

The best part is the minifigure version of captain Kragg. Even without you telling me it was him, I think I may have known.

I don't HATE the 4+ Pirates. They have their uses. I want to MOC more s=with some of the parts, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

EKnight