LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] ETTC Garrison, Westface

ETTC Garrison

As one of the ETTCs' newest members, Major Sir Nathaniel Brickford decided to oversee a few building projects for the ETTC that he had drawn up by a local architect in Westface. In an effort to move out of the rented rooms at the local inn, a garrison was constructed in Westface for the ETTC Sepoys to take residence and guard their assets. 

51498544404_a0bfd8bec9_b.jpgETTC Garrison 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

With the new construction finished, all that was left was to move in all the supplies!

51498051978_befa87d048_b.jpgETTC Garrison 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

The guard tower was quickly put to good use, being in a position to overlook the dockyards and the surrounding area, helpful if Oleon decides to pay Westface an unannounced visit one day...

51498051913_e02bcde75c_b.jpgETTC Garrison 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

------------------------------------------

One of three builds I have planned for the ETTC in Westface. The inspiration for this build comes from @Ayrlego's build from Port Raleigh . C&C are welcome and apprecieated and thanks for looking!

This build is offered to the ETTC to be licensed as a small residence.

Nice building, suitably manned! I also love that those sacks are everywhere. I really love that piece!!! I also like the small overhang of the first floor and the 45 degrees "twisted and turned" reddish brown columns.

Edited by blackdeathgr

Nice job - looks like a bustling scene there at the bottom! I like those torch / sconce pieces you have toward the top - are those 3rd party?

Some interesting head choices! The guy with the blondish hair brown tricorne hat combo has a black beard, which is a little weird looking :pir-grin: These are the first sepoys I've seen with red hair :pir-laugh:

Like @blackdeathgr said, the twisted columns and overhang are nice touches!

Great building. I like the architecture, the passage and the tower are a highlight. Good selection of minifigures.

4 hours ago, evancelt said:

The guy with the blondish hair brown tricorne hat combo has a black beard, which is a little weird looking

I believe you aren't familiar with the new trend of dyeing hair in Corrish ports! :pir-grin:

17 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice building, suitably manned! I also love that those sacks are everywhere. I really love that piece!!! I also like the small overhang of the first floor and the 45 degrees "twisted and turned" reddish brown columns.

Thank you! The sacks are one of my favorite décor pieces as well, and I have a bunch of them thanks to me over ordering them... :grin:

9 hours ago, evancelt said:

Nice job - looks like a bustling scene there at the bottom! I like those torch / sconce pieces you have toward the top - are those 3rd party?

Some interesting head choices! The guy with the blondish hair brown tricorne hat combo has a black beard, which is a little weird looking :pir-grin: These are the first sepoys I've seen with red hair :pir-laugh:

Like @blackdeathgr said, the twisted columns and overhang are nice touches!

Thank you! Yes, the torch pieces are from Brickwarriors.com. They've got a bunch of awesome stuff!

Lol! Well, I always figured that tricorne was like a hat over a wig. Oftentimes officers would wear a white wig over their natural hair and then hat on top of that, so facial hair would stay the same too.

5 hours ago, NOD said:

Great building. I like the architecture, the passage and the tower are a highlight. Good selection of minifigures.

Thank you!

12 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Oftentimes officers would wear a white wig over their natural hair and then hat on top of that

Layering!

Fashion solving the problem of living in rainy countries I presume, as one's head can never actually end up wet (thus catching cold etc etc)! :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by blackdeathgr

10 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Layering!

Fashion solving the problem of living in rainy countries I presume, as one's head can never actually end up wet (thus catching cold etc etc)! :pir-huzzah2:

Exactly! I'm so glad that is now in fashion anymore. I've a crew cut my whole life and couldn't imagine having to wear all that on my head!

I've been meaning to comment on this build since you posted and have finally got around to it! I absolutely love it! I can see how you used my Port Raleigh build as starting inspiration, but you've managed to put your own twist onto it. I think what I like the most is the attention to all the little details, the texture and patterns around the windows, the gold scroll pieces. It all works really well together. Of course sepoys are always cool as well! Maybe this is now my new favourite of your physical builds, nicely done!

On 9/24/2021 at 11:01 PM, Ayrlego said:

I've been meaning to comment on this build since you posted and have finally got around to it! I absolutely love it! I can see how you used my Port Raleigh build as starting inspiration, but you've managed to put your own twist onto it. I think what I like the most is the attention to all the little details, the texture and patterns around the windows, the gold scroll pieces. It all works really well together. Of course sepoys are always cool as well! Maybe this is now my new favourite of your physical builds, nicely done!

Thanks! I must say, the 20x20 grid platform is awesome. Not to small where you have to cut corners and not to large where it becomes overwhelming. 

I made a few bricklink orders, so my sepoys will be sporting their brown boots in future builds!