Isaac Yaw

[MOC] Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 | by Isaac Yaw

Instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-88040/Isaac Yaw/lamborghini-countach-lpi-800-4-moc-by-isaac-yaw/#details

Video: https://youtu.be/02IeQWBDSdU

Details and description:
This is a MOC of the newest Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 that was unveiled recently. This MOC was made to be modular so that its chassis can be built to fit other supercar designs onto it. The instructions for just the chassis can also be found under my profile (MOCs).

744893b5e25a659a9b8c3b8b28adb733.jpg

Functions:
1) Steering - includes working steering wheel and 'Hand of God' steering mechanism
2) Drivetrain - working 'fake' V12 engine with 4-speed gearbox (controlled by a gear stick via stepper mechanism)
3) Independent suspensions
4) Working scissor doors mechanism - controlled via linear actuator
5) Adjustable 'active' rear wing
6) Modular design

9780a3407685da6f406245aa44d81318.jpg

Do support me by sharing and spreading this creation out to more LEGO fanatics and like my creation! Check out my other pages too! Thank you!
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/isaacs_lego_technic_creations/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKs2hHTw4g4ymL-tMJJZSA
Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/users/Isaac Yaw/mocs/

Update: Awesome high-quality pictures from Fredleg!

IMG_20220312_171259_525.PNG

IMG_20220312_171258_232.PNG

IMG_20220312_171257_314.PNG

IMG_20220312_171256_371.PNG

Thumbnail%202.jpg

More Pictures can be found here: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Isaacyaw/lamborghini-countach-lpi-800-4

Edited by Isaac Yaw
Removed oversized images, 2 days after asking the author to resize them.

It is a recognizable model. But I don't think it is as good as it could be. The overall shape is nice, but the bodywork is not clean. There are a lot of holes, open liftarm sides and some flex axles just hangin around without being properly fixed in place. Sorry.

Edited by Gray Gear

Good work, it's an impressive model, and I really like the overall proportions. It's definitely identifiable as the new Countach :grin: However, I feel that like Gray Gear said, there's a few potential areas of improvement, namely all the exposed pinholes around the doors. They definitely take away colour/volume from the set

Not sure why and I am sorry if this comes off a bit too strong but I hate it, lol, just looks plain sloppy to me. Really not trying to be offensive, not even sure where to start, so much I don't care for.

I do feel like it could be much improved though and shows great potential, maybe it's just the style of building I don't like and I would have said nothing if it didn't show promise.

As I said please don't be offended, just one persons opinion, that doesn't amount to a pile of beans.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:58 AM, IA creations said:

This looks great!

Thanks!

On 9/21/2021 at 2:13 AM, Milan said:

@Isaac Yaw

Please resize your pictures to the forum's allowed size. They are 5 times the allowed size.
Thanks.

Hello there, sorry for the late reply. However, all the pictures removed by admin have also altered/deleted all my pictures from bricksafe. 

4 minutes ago, Isaac Yaw said:

sorry for the late reply. However, all the pictures removed by admin have also altered/deleted all my pictures from bricksafe. 

Admins from EB cannot access nor delete any of your pictures from Bricksafe.
I have just visited your Bricksafe folder, and they are there. I will even link one of them here:

640x427.JPG

I see, so sorry for the trouble and having issues with the sizing of my previous picture uploads. I will post again within the size limit. Cheers!

On 9/21/2021 at 1:58 AM, IA creations said:

This looks great!

Thanks!

On 9/21/2021 at 2:27 AM, Gray Gear said:

It is a recognizable model. But I don't think it is as good as it could be. The overall shape is nice, but the bodywork is not clean. There are a lot of holes, open liftarm sides and some flex axles just hangin around without being properly fixed in place. Sorry.

Thank you for the compliments and also criticism. I will do better in my future MOCs

On 9/21/2021 at 4:19 AM, 2GodBDGlory said:

Wow, you build fast! As you said, that car was just revealed recently!

Bingo! It was a rollercoaster ride of a build because there is still not much details yet about this model. Just the images through the unveiling. It was a hard and challenging build overall😅

On 9/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, Bartybum said:

Good work, it's an impressive model, and I really like the overall proportions. It's definitely identifiable as the new Countach :grin: However, I feel that like Gray Gear said, there's a few potential areas of improvement, namely all the exposed pinholes around the doors. They definitely take away colour/volume from the set

Thank you for the compliments and also the criticisms. Sadly I myself also agree that it's not a perfect build and I am just barely satisfied with the overall build design after seeing the comments and feedbacks from other creators like you guys. I'll take this opportunity to improve in my future builds!

On 9/21/2021 at 11:55 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Not sure why and I am sorry if this comes off a bit too strong but I hate it, lol, just looks plain sloppy to me. Really not trying to be offensive, not even sure where to start, so much I don't care for.

I do feel like it could be much improved though and shows great potential, maybe it's just the style of building I don't like and I would have said nothing if it didn't show promise.

As I said please don't be offended, just one persons opinion, that doesn't amount to a pile of beans.

Thank you for the feedback. No worries! I'll take it as a constructive criticism to improve in my future builds!

I gotta say that I really respect the way you're taking this criticism! And while your model has flaws, it's appearance is still way better than anything I've made in the five years I've been building Technic.

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I gotta say that I really respect the way you're taking this criticism!

+1 for this, I respect that as well. 

Overall the models lines and shapes are actually quite good. I would just say it looks a bit more like a rough draft, and needs some cleaning up. Mainly smoothing out the doors, making the wheel arches yellow like the rest of the car etc... 

Whether you look at improving this model, or take the feedback on board for your next build, thats up to you. Regardless, I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with next :thumbup:

9 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I gotta say that I really respect the way you're taking this criticism! And while your model has flaws, it's appearance is still way better than anything I've made in the five years I've been building Technic.

Thank you for this comment. It's always a good thing to stay positive, learn and get better! :classic:

7 hours ago, langko said:

+1 for this, I respect that as well. 

Overall the models lines and shapes are actually quite good. I would just say it looks a bit more like a rough draft, and needs some cleaning up. Mainly smoothing out the doors, making the wheel arches yellow like the rest of the car etc... 

Whether you look at improving this model, or take the feedback on board for your next build, thats up to you. Regardless, I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with next :thumbup:

Thank you! Yes, it was a challenge because I have very limited parts available and can only play around with what I have. Not to forget, this model was just unveiled recently and I got it done in quite a short amount of time. I have a lot of crazier builds lined up in the future!:wink:

16 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I gotta say that I really respect the way you're taking this criticism!

Yeah, really mature. As long as the critics are not sarcastic or otherwise bad mannered, they will provide a great second opinion, and if the builder takes them into consideration, even better!

On 9/25/2021 at 8:21 PM, MurlosTehnik said:

Yeah, really mature. As long as the critics are not sarcastic or otherwise bad mannered, they will provide a great second opinion, and if the builder takes them into consideration, even better!

Thank you!