nerdsforprez

[MOC] Greeble wall in Lego Room

When Your lego room is not lego enough. Incredible. There are lot of walls still bare ;)

Very impressive, my friend :oh3:! How are you going to clean all the dust and chase the spiders out one time - I mean you can´t just go with the vacuum cleaner over it :laugh:...

11 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Very impressive, my friend :oh3:! How are you going to clean all the dust and chase the spiders out one time - I mean you can´t just go with the vacuum cleaner over it :laugh:...

When building the wall there really wasn't any dust on top of the door frames.  So I assume there won't be a ton.  :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Jurss said:

When Your lego room is not lego enough. Incredible. There are lot of walls still bare ;)

True... though I am not sure I will do anymore.  Too busy.  But we will see...

22 hours ago, Geihlen said:

This turned out extremely nice. It not only manages to be a really neat build with fun details and secrets, but it also works well in the room as the actual wall. It doesn't feel overpowering, or too large, or so overly detailed that it adds a ton of visual noise to the space. 

Very valuable thoughts.  In fact, I began adding many, many more "greebles" - and focused on different techniques, etc.  However, like you said, it became too busy.  So I toned it down and really am pleased with the results.  And... I think there is still enough to make the build unique and not too redundant.  

Well done sir! Fits Leg Godt to a tee. There are probably legions of us now looking to do the same (but my LEGO room is pink... (daughter's old bedroom). Enjoy

Insane. Incredible work on building this. I like the Death Star in the top corner, then the rest gives it a complimentary feel.

4 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Insane. Incredible work on building this. I like the Death Star in the top corner, then the rest gives it a complimentary feel.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed.  

Now presented on Beyond the Brick's YT page!  I like what John (owner) did to change the music. But everything else really stayed the same.  

Fantastic! Wish my wife would allow me to apply Lego greebles to some of our Walls.

what adhesive did you use? Temporary i hope…

On 2/5/2022 at 9:59 AM, Canuck33 said:

Fantastic! Wish my wife would allow me to apply Lego greebles to some of our Walls.

what adhesive did you use? Temporary i hope…

Thanks!  Adhesive is not temp. which actually I am glad for.  So I don't have to worry about coming home from work one day in like 4-5 years only to see everything crashed to the floor.  Actually, there are only a few segments strategically anchored with adhesive.  The rest is jointed to those anchor points with bricks, so actually it will be easy to take down if I have to.  The wall was planned, and built, to be removable if needed with some, but not a lot of effort.