Sign in to follow this  
Kozikyo86

[MOC] Boba Fett's SLAVE I

Hi!

Time to show you my new project!

Now it's only virtual design but I have to start somehow :classic: 

not Boba Fett's Starship, this is...

SLAVE I 

Built in Stud.io, it lasted for several weeks.

The catalog contains 1376 parts, but that is changing all the time. There will be about 100-150 more on a display stand.

Scale similar to 75243, but with slightly different proportions, more refined. 

The functions include an opening back storage, with space for minifigures or carbonite. The wings are movable. Cabin for Boba Fett with control panels, also rotating.

A PDF Instructions will be available in October 2021.

First, I have to build it myself and check if everything works properly (don't trust the rebrickably MOCs, which even the author himself did not build) :laugh:

What do you think about this project? 

If you are interested in this project, be sure to check out my youtube channel - edge of bricks, there will be more about this project soon.

SLAVE I MOC by Edge of Bricks

SLAVE I MOC by Edge of Bricks

Yeah, it does look a lot like the 20th anniversary version, though you definitely have designed a much nicer rear, maybe even better than that of the UCS Slave I. I definitely like it. Though since I already have the UCS Slave I, I probably won't be interested myself. 

Dealing with movable parts is certainly a challenge when doing a digital design, so it definitely pays to actually build it physically. But even beyond that, test-building your designs is something that is absolutely recommended. With my last TIE Fighter project, I did encounter some serious problems that I didn't anticipate at all from working with the software. Had I not done a test-build, it would have become embarrassing rather quickly.

More info about this project here:

Also Jango Fett's Slave I design, but now few parts in dark blue isn't available, I hope will be soon!

Jango SLAVE I MOC by Edge of Bricks 2

Wow, I LOVE it! Just a few days ago I was thinking about why someone hasn't made THE Slave I MOC yet (The UCS one is good but not great - and most other UCS sets have been beat by MOCs by now), and this seems to be it. :)

@danielwerner Thanks!!

MOC is ready!

1467 parts with display stand

Instructions will be available for few days, 225 pages and 284 steps of building.

Full review on my Youtube channel soon - edge of bricks

Boba Fett's Slave I MOC by Edge of BricksBoba Fett's Slave I MOC by Edge of BricksBoba Fett's Slave I MOC by Edge of BricksBoba Fett's Slave I MOC by Edge of BricksSLAVE I MOC Instructions sample

Edited by Kozikyo86

1 hour ago, Kozikyo86 said:

@danielwerner Thanks!!

MOC is ready!

1467 parts with display stand

Instructions will be available for few days, 225 pages and 284 steps of building.

Full review on my Youtube channel soon - edge of bricks

Awesome! Was thinking of placing a bricklink order this weekend. How accurate is the parts list in the video description? Or can you share a finished one? :)

Edited by danielwerner

Ohhhh I’m liking this MOC. It’s definitely looks more refined than the UCS set and using less elements too. Hopefully it doesn’t have any rare/expensive elements in the build. 

@danielwerner 

I update last list of parts, check here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13emP3eMMIOQZLO-wTq_rXjyt2pUPXsPy/view?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, TK4235 said:

Ohhhh I’m liking this MOC. It’s definitely looks more refined than the UCS set and using less elements too. Hopefully it doesn’t have any rare/expensive elements in the build. 

Thanks! Check list of parts, link above :) All parts should be easily available on Bricklink

Great! Instant buy. :)

A couple of questions though: What's the height of the model when posed on the stand? And is there enough room to use 1x13-liftarms instead of 1x15 to conserve height? Or will the bottom of the Slave I touch the ground in that case?

34 minutes ago, danielwerner said:

Great! Instant buy. :)

A couple of questions though: What's the height of the model when posed on the stand? And is there enough room to use 1x13-liftarms instead of 1x15 to conserve height? Or will the bottom of the Slave I touch the ground in that case?

Thanks! 

Height on the stand is 31,2 cm, I think you can use 13 instead of 15. This will lower the model about  1cm on the display stand. He will not touch the ground

What will be the price on the instructions ? I have already the UCS and the 20anyversary but if this is not expensive, i might be interested.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:05 PM, STARHAWK said:

What will be the price on the instructions ? I have already the UCS and the 20anyversary but if this is not expensive, i might be interested.

Bricklink estimates the cost of all parts (new or used) to be around € 180-220

@Kozikyo86 I really appreciate the Jango Fett Slave 1; it looks great and it counts as a prequel MOC too! I'll be buying instructions for it and your lambda soon. These highly-detailed, playscale MOCs are my favourite; I've built your razorcrest, and the Sti Fos Millenium falcon. I appreciate being able to fit high quality models on an ordinary book case!