6 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

monkie kid names are in the instructions database, hopefully ninjago will follow soon. MK names sound pretty cool as well. the day draws near for the set pictures!

Assuming they don't leak on any store websites, I think we'll probably see them sometime between next Monday and Friday. There are still a good amount of themes to be revealed, but we're fairly close to the release of the Winter 2022 sets so Lego can't really hold back the pictures much longer before we start seeing some of them in the wild.

They are most likely gonna be revealed on wednesday, because its a month from january.

Edited by Gangikhan448

I’m probably going to skip this wave, or most of it at least, but I’m still really curious to see how a lot of these sets look.

4 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Man. No set box leaks at all. It's the end of an era.

I agree. This is honestly disgusting. The fact that TLG seem to have been “oh yeah let’s celebrate ninjago” for only the 1st third of the year and have just let it drop of now…. It’s still the tenth anniversary is it not? Best guess honestly is that we will get the pics off a retail site. The ones already revealed where either already licensed or Lego exclusive, such as Singapore, MK or Star Wars

Huh so a new set name just leaked, jay and nyas race car EVO, set 71776, meaning Nya will be part if the new season/event, As we know there isn't a duel race car if EVO was a legacy replacement. I guess this makes her sacrifice last season kinda worthless. Disappointing. But interesting that we still haven't got pictures, and this set is slated for a January release so there may be more sets we haven't seen. Where are they?

She was mentioned to be in a couple sets before, yeah. She's most likely going to come back shortly, but given we don't know what these sets are yet, I'll wait and see.

1 hour ago, GarmaFan said:

She was mentioned to be in a couple sets before, yeah. She's most likely going to come back shortly, but given we don't know what these sets are yet, I'll wait and see.

Well We knew she was in the legendary dragon set, and I was hoping that that was a legacy remake of the Lloyds NRG dragon from the DotD\skybound wave and she was just a legacy fig, however we have never had a duel race car with the 2 before so that means it’s not a legacy set, and as it’s EVO that means it could be the new chapter. I’m not saying season yet as the stuff doesn’t really fit in. Best guess now is that this is gonna be like SOG, only instead of bikes it’s now race cars as that’s 2 cars now in the EVO line up, and I’m calling it now, as the car is a tandem vehicle it will most certainly split in half forming 2 bikes. I’ll be disappointed if that doesn’t happen. 

They could also just be including her in the sets but not bringing her back for the show, or at least not immediately (sort of like how we got non-ghost Cole in Skybound even though he was a ghost for that whole season).

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

They could also just be including her in the sets but not bringing her back for the show, or at least not immediately (sort of like how we got non-ghost Cole in Skybound even though he was a ghost for that whole season).

you have to consider ghost cole was something pulled off in the show first and likely changed during the skybound wave plan, hence requiring a new print and only coming in 2 expensive sets. putting ghost cole in the smallest set would've basically been using a new print there, but unlike that nrg nya is an existing figure prior to this wave dropping.

still, decent point on how this wave might not tie into the show very strongly, similar to the legacy wave and moto

3 hours ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

you have to consider ghost cole was something pulled off in the show first and likely changed during the skybound wave plan, hence requiring a new print and only coming in 2 expensive sets. putting ghost cole in the smallest set would've basically been using a new print there, but unlike that nrg nya is an existing figure prior to this wave dropping.

still, decent point on how this wave might not tie into the show very strongly, similar to the legacy wave and moto

Yeah, it's not really a 1:1 to situation but like you were saying, I do think there's a decent chance that Nya might not show up in the show this season. I could see them doing something where she gets revived right at the end, so even though the show isn't really accurate to the sets (or vice versa, whatever) it still kind of lines up.

23 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

New set pic revealed!!! Looks great!

It’s like ninjago and speed champions fused together, I’m loving the look! Can’t wait to see what Lloyd’s looks like now, and the new hq!

So based on the box art. It's a Jay and Wu season?

Edit: There's also a rocky version of the nexo cockpit in the snake copter. And I am curious how they're gonna handle Nya since she became a water spirit essentially. 

Edited by Takanuinuva

13 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Edit: There's also a rocky version of the nexo cockpit in the snake copter. And I am curious how they're gonna handle Nya since she became a water spirit essentially. 

Its not based off a season. It’s kinda like legacy 

18 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Maybe each box features a different ninja next to Wu.

5 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Maybe each box features a different ninja next to Wu.

We'll know for sure. When we get the full wave.

33 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

We'll know for sure. When we get the full wave.

Since the other sets are listed in the instructions database (no pictures sadly), we'll probably finally see them tomorrow!

In terms of this set, I guess we still don't know what EVO means? The car itself looks pretty good though, like a souped-up speed champions car. I'm not sure about the box design, LEGO has done lots of experimentation over the past few years in terms of packaging layout, and I guess "more simplistic" was the result? The "painted" background looks great though! I did notice a few interesting details, however...

In the front of the box image, if you look at the minifig line-up on the top side of the box, it looks like Jay includes the Island head wrap hair piece as well as the hood. Also, I have a theory as to what the "banners" are. The side of the box appears (it's hard to tell) to say "track progress rewards", which leads me to believe the banners will be scanned by an app or something and give some digital content, and that's the "EVO" part of these.

Ok, so I think we should focus on the main set we got today, I dont want to judge the blurry pics yet but they look alright. This wave is..... interesting. I dont know about it. Snakes again, these are confirmed snakes as the names are listed are "boa destructor" and "boa mechanic". The Jay and Nya figs, although very simplistic, look alright. I just which they had a bit more detail. The snakes helicopter looks fine, lego is clearly taking advantage of teal now, its everywhere! Not really a fan of the colour schemes but I think I will come round to it. The car looks alright, its definitely over clustered with all the gold bits, but it shouldn't be too much of a pain to remove them. I think the stud shooters can actually move down into the car body which would be nice. A cool speed champions counterpart!

Overall I think this set sparks something we all have been saying we need. Classic ninjago. This is a car, fighting a snake helicopter. Tell me that in 2012 and I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. Its classic Ninjago, but updated. I cant wait to see the temple set, and it looks like the other sets are being revealed at 2pm London time today!

Rest of the sets leaked on #ninjago leaks. Dragons look terrible IMO, Zanes mech is ehh, the temple is also a bit off, giant power rangers fever dream combo mech looks just plain weird, lloyds car looks great actually and lloyds mech looks fine. Mini thunder raider polybag looks cool. Im gonna wait till 2 to give my first thoughts, but im not really impressed with the wave as it is. as promo bricks said, it’s just…juniourised 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

High quality pictures, finally! 
. . honestly, this wave gets a big ol’ meh from me overall. The new dragon for Jay is possibly the ugliest official model I’ve ever seen, at least from the angles it’s shown at, and Kai’s dragon isn’t much better. I actually like Lloyd’s dragon, but I’ve still got my custom fused 2017 Lloyd Dragon that I augmented with the wings of the 2016 NRG Dragon so in terms of display value any Lloyd dragon looks redundant next to that. Jay car, Lloyd car, seen it all before. Zane mech? Kinda cute but I really don’t like those new forty-five-degree pieces they’re using for the limbs. 4+ Mech is 4+ and enough said.

The two big ones are the interesting ones. Since the theme’s beginning I’ve fantasised about having some kind of big combining mech for the ninjas. In 2012 eleven-year-old me tried to slap together all the ninja vehicles into a poorly thought out totem pole war machine. And now it’s finally happening . .  what is up with those arms? It has little extra arms from Kai’s mech and I don’t know why and I hate it they look so out of place it just ruins the whole look!

Ahem. Besides that, it’s actually great. I don’t really see Jay’s part except on the shoulders, I assume his jet is forming most of the back of the mech. I’m not crazy about the drill hands but I get that they were doing the Earth Driller thing again. (Even though IMO they should have reversed it, put the drills on the shoulders and given it hands at the back - might modify mine to do just that.) I definitely want to see how the components look all separated - and in all honestly I’m still holding out hope that either Lloyd’s car or dragon will be able to combine with it for an extra final form somehow? Probably not gonna happen but it’d be lit.

Finally, the temple. It . . well, it’s a temple. Temples are gonna be temples. It’s not a bad temple? Just sort of feels . . bland. Thrilled about the Pixal/Samurai X figure included though! We finally get Pixal’s wig! If absolutely nothing else I’m BNPing that.

Last thing to note; there are a lot of new armour parts scattered over literally everything. Mech chestplates and shoulder plates? That’s weird. I wonder why they went to the trouble of making so many new pieces?

Oh, also, wasn’t there supposed to be some kind of Training Grounds set or something? Because I’m seeing a couple of very conspicuous Technic pinholes in that temple that look like things should be able to attach to them. Think it’ll be a retail exclusive?

4 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Oh, also, wasn’t there supposed to be some kind of Training Grounds set or something? Because I’m seeing a couple of very conspicuous Technic pinholes in that temple that look like things should be able to attach to them. Think it’ll be a retail exclusive?

That one is apparently releasing in March