Since discussion traffic currently is pretty low, just throwing some MOC ideas here with current sets. (if a seperate thread for MOC ideas is desired , I'll move this there)

I got this sudden idea (with the Chima thread discussion) but the parts from Crystal King set + some more crystals from the temple set (7 larger crystal, 17 small crystal if you have both sets) could make some interesting variant of the Chima eagle :

70003: Eris' Eagle Interceptor

70003-1.jpg?201210180458

Crystal king set has multiple slopes and hinges,  transparent pink cockpit window, claws and the crystals could be the wing parts. 

And there's this piece included to make the eagle beak.

4220539.jpg

Zane's Jet parts could also be used instead for more gold , different cockpit, or sword-wings.

71742: Overlord Dragon is also still available until it will retire after this year.

Edited by TeriXeri

LEGO added a page with alternate building instructions for some sets for the 90th Anniversary, there are 2 PDF instructions for a Frog or Boat from the 71766 Lloyds Legendary Dragon 

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/blt897fce3ef5ed3a62/Frog-Building-Instructions.pdf

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/blt5fe885f0a98a1983/Boat-Building-Instructions.pdf

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

LEGO added a page with alternate building instructions for some sets for the 90th Anniversary, there are 2 PDF instructions for a Frog or Boat from the 71766 Lloyds Legendary Dragon 

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/blt897fce3ef5ed3a62/Frog-Building-Instructions.pdf

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/set/assets/blt5fe885f0a98a1983/Boat-Building-Instructions.pdf

For some reason I was expecting them to be similar in scale to the original set, but in hindsight that makes no sense. They both look neat, but I don't think most people would disassemble the set just for those.

Remember when they did that 2 truths and 1 lie thing and 1 of the options was that the lyrics to the show's opening theme would factor in the current Ninjago show season?....     Well...

52235984338_3c22f6008b_m.jpg

On 7/21/2022 at 9:23 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Got my copy of the ninjago magazine today. Golden Dragon Kai is a very deluxe figure.

Picked mine up too, and honestly for a magazine gift it's such a nice figure. I only really want to collect Ninja varients, so it lets me totally skip the £40 set he's in and just get the Cole in the much nicer dragon.

Not really a surprise but we have official confirmation that Ninjago isn't ending yet. 

Crystalised will be the end of current Ninjago but a new and different show will come out next year. ( Confirmed to not be a reboot)

For the set waves I imagine this means we'll set a core/ legacy sort of wave in the winter/ spring and then a big wave for the new show in the summer/ late spring.

34 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not really a surprise but we have official confirmation that Ninjago isn't ending yet. 

Crystalised will be the end of current Ninjago but a new and different show will come out next year. ( Confirmed to not be a reboot)

For the set waves I imagine this means we'll set a core/ legacy sort of wave in the winter/ spring and then a big wave for the new show in the summer/ late spring.

Any news regarding when the episodes will be out?

3 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Any news regarding when the episodes will be out?

Early October on Netflix.

Edited by Bloquerto

36 minutes ago, Bloquerto said:

Early October on Netflix.

Bit of a shame. Especially since the first 12 were aired early on accident.

But hopefully Ninjago goes with Netflix for all future seasons. It would make it easier to watch without having to wait for someone to upload to youtube

Would be interesting if Ninjago did a season related to the Ninja "Castle" theme with horses.

Edited by TeriXeri

We got 2023 set names! More core by the sounds of it, in a very cryptic post from promo bricks. Seems like a lot of evo mechs. 

We have so far: 71781 lloyds mech battle, 71783 kais mech rider and perhaps the most intresting set, 71787 ninjago brick box. 

My best guess so far is the mech battle will be a mech double pack between Lloyd and a geo whipper snake, ninja brick box could be something like queen whatevers box from TLM2 and kais mech rider may be a vehicle for a mech, sort of like those old giant bionical vehicles, like the flying engine or motor bike. Very interesting, but at the same time very dull. Excited to see what the flagship set will be, as this years one was incredible. This is also pretty good on the regards that we won't get spoilers for crystallised, however on the flip side we also won't get any new ninjago content until next summer. The October release for crystallised seems a lot more reasonable now. 

So yeah, no legacy. kinda sad on that, it seems its kicked the bucket. I was looking forward to getting more deep stone ninja. other sets we may get if the riddles can be solved look to be a Lloyd jet and a Nya bike. 

Brick Box sounds interesting, especially if it would follow something like the recent City Missions sets, as long as it's not 4+.

But I'm sceptic and cautious this early.

Edited by TeriXeri

I hope it isn't Core since I generally wasn't a huge fan of those sets, but either way I'm sure we'll get at least a few interesting builds and characters out of this next wave.

Built 71771: The Crystal King Temple today .

It had one missing brick with clip but it had one extra 2x2 slope so there was probably a mistake somewhere, but reported it at the missing piece site.

The only other time I had a missing piece a couple years ago, there was an extra piece as well, and a replacement part was sent.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 7/26/2022 at 10:01 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

We have so far: 71781 lloyds mech battle, 71783 kais mech rider and perhaps the most intresting set, 71787 ninjago brick box. 

My best guess so far is the mech battle will be a mech double pack between Lloyd and a geo whipper snake, 

If we go back to core then I hope at least we get different villians, undead seem to be the most common trope after snakes so maybe ghosts or skeletons. And if it is snakes again they could round out the elements and give us Ice or Electric whippers.

Brick box sounds interesting, hopefully lots of good Ninjago parts, maybe a good parts pack for custom Ninjago city modules.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:10 PM, Agent Kallus said:

And if it is snakes again they could round out the elements and give us Ice or Electric whippers.

THIS!

The Aspheera head recolours in the current Chamber of Secrets set were awesome, I'd love to see the Whipper heads recoloured so we can have a more diverse snake army

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Since when were ice and/or electric elements? 

Since 2011 apparently…..

speaking of ice, dragon zane is gonna be the next Ninjago minifigure. Hopefully this means we get all of them! I am hoping we get little nelson from the Sam-x mech, I need more of that face print with the mask! 

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Since when were ice and/or electric elements? 

In Ninjago, since the very beginning—the original four ninja elements in the theme were fire, ice, lightning, and earth. Other elements were added in later arcs.

9 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Since 2011 apparently…..

speaking of ice, dragon zane is gonna be the next Ninjago minifigure. Hopefully this means we get all of them! I am hoping we get little nelson from the Sam-x mech, I need more of that face print with the mask! 

I didn't realize NinjaGo have so many elements. So sure, might as well get all the snake in all the elements. :pir-huzzah1:

13 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Since 2011 apparently…..

That would be nice. I'm glad Zane is going to be in there, since I don't care about the Raider but wanted him. I wonder if we might see any of the named villains in one of these at some point.

I got my LEGO Life magazine today and it's got a cool NinjaGo poster in the center showing off the new sets.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:59 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Since 2011 apparently…..

I think he's too obscure to be released in a magazine. Mostly we get random villains, random ninja, secondary suits and every now and then - if we're lucky - the main villain. And with this wave we have like 3 suits for every ninja as well as many villains.

I would love to get Nya or Harumi as I don't buy sets anymore :pir-tongue:

Btw - I only came here to check if the 2nd part of the show is out yet. Weird that they would drop it so late. Would you not want to hype the sets now from TLG's perspective?!

13 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I think he's too obscure to be released in a magazine. Mostly we get random villains, random ninja, secondary suits and every now and then - if we're lucky - the main villain. And with this wave we have like 3 suits for every ninja as well as many villains.

I would love to get Nya or Harumi as I don't buy sets anymore :pir-tongue:

Btw - I only came here to check if the 2nd part of the show is out yet. Weird that they would drop it so late. Would you not want to hype the sets now from TLG's perspective?!

I don’t know what Lego is doing with their show, honestly it’s a disaster compared to how part 1 was marketed. We have an official release window of early October on Netflix, however it could appear on a random tv channel before that (but don’t get your hopes up). 

You’d think that Lego would release their summer season in summer, wouldn’t you?