Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well, what a bummer. Quite true.

But if Ninjago introduces any new molds for dragons, they could reuse for future sets in this theme. Or these body parts would be reused for other themes (for example, Harry Potter). It would be easy to save money within budget limit. 

Like Jurasic World thee, dinosaur’s body parts are reused / recolored. 

Head, jaw, and wing molds are not enough for me, IMO.

Perhaps we will see a molded dragon with the Lion King's Castle later this year. For that price it is certainly a possibility. In any case I don't see anything like that happening within the Ninjago sphere in a long time. Perhaps when they reboot the franchise, then we will get molded dragons. However, that would mean that unique and incredible dragons like the Skull Sorcerer's dragon would be far less likely to happen. The designers and the producers of the show would be far more limited in what they could make due to being constrained by budget, I just doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment, especially while the show is around.

Edited by CodFather1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

10 piece pre-moulded dragons would not improve the theme at all.

Pre moulded/printed heads/jaws is a good middle ground, and still allow customization.

For Jurassic World it makes sense to use the same dinos for consistency, the Raptor and T-rex have been constantly used from 2012 to now.

The first Jurassic World movie was expected to release much earlier then 2015 initially, 2008-2011, so LEGO likely already had the designs ready in 2012 using them for the Dino theme and later 2015 the Jurassic World theme launched with the movie.

2022 Jurassic World sets are extremely overpriced.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2022 at 8:18 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yesterday, Tommy Andreasen posted a "Two truths, One lie" on Twitter for the coming season. If the first option is true, then I think that the lyrics "They say / Go slow / And everything just stands so still" are the ones in-question, and we may see some kind of power/type of Spinjitzu that can slow or stop time (which we already saw with the Time Blades in THoT, so it is clearly not impossible in-universe). 
 

Maybe the Ninja will go? Or get whipped on a weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well, what a bummer. Quite true.

But if Ninjago introduces any new molds for dragons, they could reuse for future sets in this theme. Or these body parts would be reused for other themes (for example, Harry Potter). It would be easy to save money within budget limit. 

Like Jurasic World thee, dinosaur’s body parts are reused / recolored. 

Head, jaw, and wing molds are not enough for me, IMO.

To be honest, I don't crave molded dragons given that the builds are a large part of the appeal for me. Having molds for things like expressive heads is one thing, but simplifying the whole creature into something like the Jurassic World dinos? That's not for me. Heck, the only times I've been tempted to get a Jurassic set in the first place has been with the two Jurassic Park sets with T-Rex builds, simply because I don't really have any need for a single-purpose dinosaur in my collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

To be honest, I don't crave molded dragons given that the builds are a large part of the appeal for me. Having molds for things like expressive heads is one thing, but simplifying the whole creature into something like the Jurassic World dinos? That's not for me. Heck, the only times I've been tempted to get a Jurassic set in the first place has been with the two Jurassic Park sets with T-Rex builds, simply because I don't really have any need for a single-purpose dinosaur in my collection.

Whatever you say, I still prefer molded creatures - it’s my opinion, not yours. :) 

Anyways, yeah, dragons are quite expnsive to be made but I would think it’s more cool to collect a molded dragon for fantasty realm. I always enjoy collecting molded creatures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there’s a time and place for both molded and brick-built animals/creatures. That said, I don’t think Ninjago would have been nearly as popular if the dragons were molded. Brick-built dragons have been a huge part of Ninjago and its staying power. There have been what, like 30(?) dragons that all manage to be unique and interesting builds. 11 years of molded dragons would likely get old quickly. Not to mention it would force more focus on the builds accompanying the dragons. While other themes (namely Jurassic World) have managed to stay relevant for a long time with molded animals, they also target a different audience and have a much wider array of species to draw from. 
 

In any case, I’m sure TLG has tested both options with kids and decided on the brick-built dragons for good reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

I think there’s a time and place for both molded and brick-built animals/creatures. That said, I don’t think Ninjago would have been nearly as popular if the dragons were molded. Brick-built dragons have been a huge part of Ninjago and its staying power. There have been what, like 30(?) dragons that all manage to be unique and interesting builds. 11 years of molded dragons would likely get old quickly. Not to mention it would force more focus on the builds accompanying the dragons. While other themes (namely Jurassic World) have managed to stay relevant for a long time with molded animals, they also target a different audience and have a much wider array of species to draw from. 
 

In any case, I’m sure TLG has tested both options with kids and decided on the brick-built dragons for good reason. 

Speaking of. Do you prefer brick built dragon heads or the newer premoulded parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Speaking of. Do you prefer brick built dragon heads or the newer premoulded parts?

They both have their time to shine. For Big dragons (like Firtbourne or Griefbringer) brickbuild heads make more sense and also allow for more small details and features. Molded heads are neat for smaller dragons that might also have part limitations and less room for an elaborate neck construction.

For example the head pieces from the two small CORE dragons. What is a beard like structure on the lower jaw of one dragon, can be a rhino like horn for the other one.

IF they would decide to improve Ninjago dragons, i wouldn´t mind having wings like on the old Smaug dragon again that can fold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Speaking of. Do you prefer brick built dragon heads or the newer premoulded parts?

When they first switched to the brick-built heads in 2014/early 2015 I wasn’t a fan. But I think the designs improved very quickly and I ended up liking a lot of them. I don’t mind going back to the molded heads, especially for smaller dragons. But I do miss some of the uniqueness granted by the brick-built ones. Something like the Skull Sorcerer’s Dragon couldn’t be done justice with one of the new heads, and the Water Dragon looked odd with such a small one.

If we are going to continue getting molded heads, I’d love for them to bring back the style seen in 2011. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd love to see TLG get some more use out of the (2011-inspired) head moulds for Kai's Fire dragon, from last year. Imagine a modern Jay's lightning dragon, which original counterpart was a store exclusive and now hard to obtain...

Edited by Exetrius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Finally got around to finishing 71765 Ninja Ultra Combo Mech and of course right at the end I have two extra parts I swear they came from bag eight, the last one and they appear in the inventory, they are never used, as far as I can tell. It's a small part, number 6276867 black. The little robot arm with box end with bar holes.

Can anyone please tell me where they go?

Edited by Johnny1360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Finally got around to finishing 71765 Ninja Ultra Combo Mech and of course right at the end I have two extra parts I swear they came from bag eight, the last one and they appear in the inventory, they are never used, as far as I can tell. It's a small part, number 6276867 black. The little robot arm with box end with bar holes.

Can anyone please tell me where they go?

These are meant to be used to connect the two banners included to the Ninja Dojo Temple (on the bars that protrude from the back of that set). I think it's done this way because the other sets attach the banners using some form of clip except for this one, so it ends up with the awkward 2 extra parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, after looking more closely at the temple, it appears you are correct. The spare parts are for attaching the flags or "rewards" to the temple for display, thanks. 

As with most sets, I always try to find somewhere to stick the extra bits and I actually found a couple of acceptable uses for those extra arms.

So I also saw some of the new sets on shelves already, almost picked up the big dragon. One thing I couldn't help but notice is how plain the packaging is and the build seems very plain and straightforward. So much so I actually put the set back on the shelf after carrying it half way to the register.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I'd love to see TLG get some more use out of the (2011-inspired) head moulds for Kai's Fire dragon, from last year. Imagine a modern Jay's lightning dragon, which original counterpart was a store exclusive and now hard to obtain...

Yeah, a part of me was disappointed by the end of the Legacy subtheme since between that Fire Dragon head mold and the Golden Dragon head mold from the first year of Legacy, it certainly would have been possible to get "remasters" of all four of the original dragons. That said, even if Legacy had continued it'd be unrealistic to expect the majority of sets to ever be remade, so getting a "complete set" of dragons was probably a pipe dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Yeah, a part of me was disappointed by the end of the Legacy subtheme since between that Fire Dragon head mold and the Golden Dragon head mold from the first year of Legacy, it certainly would have been possible to get "remasters" of all four of the original dragons. That said, even if Legacy had continued it'd be unrealistic to expect the majority of sets to ever be remade, so getting a "complete set" of dragons was probably a pipe dream.

Do we know for sure that Legacy isn’t continuing? I know there wasn’t any sets this year due to EVO but it’d be a bit of a bummer if we didn’t get more sets for the later seasons. I thought it was strange that Zane was the only one to get a Deepstone Legacy suit too.

I for one would have loved some Legacy Skybound sets, as well as more of those 2011-inspired dragons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Do we know for sure that Legacy isn’t continuing? I know there wasn’t any sets this year due to EVO but it’d be a bit of a bummer if we didn’t get more sets for the later seasons. I thought it was strange that Zane was the only one to get a Deepstone Legacy suit too.

I for one would have loved some Legacy Skybound sets, as well as more of those 2011-inspired dragons.

Agreed, I was personally hoping for Coles tread assault as the last golden weapon vehicle, although seen as were getting a dedicated mold for the scythe of quakes, if they did bring back legacy, it wouldn't be off the table I suppose. Maybe they're taking a break this year as the main wave seems to be endgame centred, and legacy will pick up after the reboot?

In other news, the wizarding world had their sets revealed, straight from the official lego store so it seems this week is gonna be pretty packed with revealed hopefully. Cannot wait to see the new ninjago sets and wait for this forum page to jump by like 50 pages overnight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment we don't have any way of knowing for sure one way or the other if Legacy is done, but I don't think it seems especially likely that it will come back since CORE does fill a similar position. I wouldn't be surprised if Legacy as a concept is explored again at some point, but I did feel like it was starting to feel a little long in the tooth, so maybe Lego just felt the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

2021 Legacy covered snakes, skulkin , ghosts and nindroids in the same year. (basicly 2011-2015 enemies)

Maybe LEGO is holding out for Legacy 1-2 years , so they can release 2016-2017 Skybound, Day of the Departed , Hands of Time related sets. (for example Lighthouse , Misfortune's Keep, Samurai X Cave, Dragon's Forge)

Of course legacy doesn't have to mean re-released "copies" of older sets, legacy has had some newer things that weren't made into sets.

 

I don't follow the show, but  Legacy Overlord Dragon, Tournament of Elements, Monastery of Spinjitzu for example aren't simply modern re-releases of older sets. (I assume based on things seen in the earlier show seasons ? )

 

With 2022 summer looking like it's some type of big final battle season, maybe 2023 will take it a bit more easy and return some legacy sets.

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious - does anyone know about Crystal King being molded or brick-built?

If the  Ninjago’s summer wave will be released in June, we will see officel reveal. But I’m so curious about Crystal King. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Just curious - does anyone know about Crystal King being molded or brick-built?

If the  Ninjago’s summer wave will be released in June, we will see officel reveal. But I’m so curious about Crystal King. 

If I remember correctly, the Ninjago reveals were very soon after the Harry Potter ones both last year and in 2020, so it could really be any day now.

I’m guessing the King will be brick-built but we’ll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Stud said:

If I remember correctly, the Ninjago reveals were very soon after the Harry Potter ones both last year and in 2020, so it could really be any day now.

I’m guessing the King will be brick-built but we’ll see.

I'm now sure what you're remembering, but that wasn't really the case for either of those years. Looking back at Brickset's news archive, in both 2020 and 2021, Ninjago summer set images came out between the last few days of april and the first few in May. Last year, Harry Potter sets were revealed in mid April, so a whole 2 weeks beforehand, while in 2020, they came one day after ninjago. Besides, I think the early Harry Potter reveal this year is meant to coincide with the release of the third Fantastic Beasts movie, so I don't think it says much about when we'll see the rest of the summer sets.

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Just curious - does anyone know about Crystal King being molded or brick-built?

If the  Ninjago’s summer wave will be released in June, we will see officel reveal. But I’m so curious about Crystal King. 

The crystal king has 3 forms across the sets, as far as we know. In the temple and the golden dragon, he is a four armed minifig much like Garmadon and the legacy Overlord in the past. In the Crystal king set, he's also included as a minifig with only 2 arms, but also as a large centaur-like mech that is the main build of the set. This info comes from Promobricks, who didn't really describe what the minifig looks like beyond the 4 arms, so I'm hoping it looks great! I'm also excited to see what these sets look like, but I expect we'll be waiting another 3 or 4 weeks before we see anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

I'm now sure what you're remembering, but that wasn't really the case for either of those years. Looking back at Brickset's news archive, in both 2020 and 2021, Ninjago summer set images came out between the last few days of april and the first few in May. Last year, Harry Potter sets were revealed in mid April, so a whole 2 weeks beforehand, while in 2020, they came one day after ninjago. Besides, I think the early Harry Potter reveal this year is meant to coincide with the release of the third Fantastic Beasts movie, so I don't think it says much about when we'll see the rest of the summer sets.

The crystal king has 3 forms across the sets, as far as we know. In the temple and the golden dragon, he is a four armed minifig much like Garmadon and the legacy Overlord in the past. In the Crystal king set, he's also included as a minifig with only 2 arms, but also as a large centaur-like mech that is the main build of the set. This info comes from Promobricks, who didn't really describe what the minifig looks like beyond the 4 arms, so I'm hoping it looks great! I'm also excited to see what these sets look like, but I expect we'll be waiting another 3 or 4 weeks before we see anything.

Ah, well in my defense, the last few years have felt so long, my sense of time is super skewed lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Stud said:

Ah, well in my defense, the last few years have felt so long, my sense of time is super skewed lol.

Same here. I also thought they were earlier, so I was shocked to see the date of may 1st for last year's article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Same here. I also thought they were earlier, so I was shocked to see the date of may 1st for last year's article.

To be fair though, the Seabound wave showed up quite a bit on regular websites before hand, which Brickset did not report on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

To be fair though, the Seabound wave showed up quite a bit on regular websites before hand, which Brickset did not report on.

I'm guessing you mean the catalog leaks? In terms of those, I think we've got what we've got for this year. If you mean official images, I can't find any proof we had watermark-less images of seabound sets before may 1st (I checked Instagram news accounts to make sure).

The only reason I bring all this up is to put our expectations into check. That way, we can spare ourselves unnecessary stress waiting for something before we should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.