Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

So Mr. E instead of Unagami? Odd choice.

Remember, the dragon build in the mech was described to look like the Empire Dragon, so I suspect it might be Unagami in his dragon form.

These promobricks descriptions make this wave seem even more interesting now. I'm guessing the earlier ones were based on the prelims we saw, while these new ones are based on final images that we won't see for a while, and it seems there are actually some significant differences. Cool to see that all 4 golden weapons are getting updates, and given how the scythe looks, I'm excited to see the rest of them! The number of minifigs in this wave (29 new ones!) is honestly insane, but also makes for a very expensive wave for any minifig collectors. The two oni masks are great inclusions, I'm guessing Garmadon's is his Oni form we saw in March of the Oni, and I wonder if Lloyd's is something similar, since he's also part Oni. Another wild thing is the fact that it seems the og 4 ninja are the heads of the ultra dragon, sounds like it might look weird, but we'll have to see. About the main 4, it's also interesting to learn that they have exclusive outfits in the temple, it makes me curious as to what makes those different from the other suits. Will this be the first wave with 3 suits for most of the ninja? Now I'm really hyped to see these!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

Remember, the dragon build in the mech was described to look like the Empire Dragon, so I suspect it might be Unagami in his dragon form.

These promobricks descriptions make this wave seem even more interesting now. I'm guessing the earlier ones were based on the prelims we saw, while these new ones are based on final images that we won't see for a while, and it seems there are actually some significant differences. Cool to see that all 4 golden weapons are getting updates, and given how the scythe looks, I'm excited to see the rest of them! The number of minifigs in this wave (29 new ones!) is honestly insane, but also makes for a very expensive wave for any minifig collectors. The two oni masks are great inclusions, I'm guessing Garmadon's is his Oni form we saw in March of the Oni, and I wonder if Lloyd's is something similar, since he's also part Oni. Another wild thing is the fact that it seems the og 4 ninja are the heads of the ultra dragon, sounds like it might look weird, but we'll have to see. About the main 4, it's also interesting to learn that they have exclusive outfits in the temple, it makes me curious as to what makes those different from the other suits. Will this be the first wave with 3 suits for most of the ninja? Now I'm really hyped to see these!

I was wondering about the three suits for each of the original ninjas too, since they've never done three fully original suits for all of them in one wave. Maybe it'll be something like SotFS where one of the variants will be the same as another but just with a different mask piece, or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this oni golden Lloyd has four arms like Garmadon. That way, Lloyd could wield the four golden weapons at same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Vengestone! I new it! Pretty much everything I speculated would happen is confirmed by these new Promobricks leaks. Figures sound awesome as well.

Edited by DarthLeapyous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I would've liked to see Akita, her brother whose name I forgot, Scott, Vania, and the Upply show up in sets, but there's probably only so many minifigure slots for the wave. All in all, these sets sound great, like a celebration of all of Ninjago so far, IMO even more so than the 10th anniversary sets. Would like to see a few more sets with this theme, and more villains and companions of the ninja making a return, but even if we don't, I'll be happy with what we get.

Edited by Natant16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Natant16 said:

I would've liked to see Akita, her brother whose name I forgot, Scott, Vania, and the Upply show up in sets, but there's probably only so many minifigure slots for the wave. All in all, these sets sound great, like a celebration of all of Ninjago so far, IMO even more so than the 10th anniversary sets. Would like to see a few more sets with this theme, and more villains and companions of the ninja making a return, but even if we don't, I'll be happy with what we get.

Maybe in the show. Though it seems that Vex isn't in the sets so they might not have anyone from the never realm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is, what colour scheme are they going to go for with "Vengestone Pythor"? Will he still have white skin or will they give him a black/purple/pink colour scheme? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2022 at 7:35 PM, Bloquerto said:
  Hide contents

Apparently, after this season it will be a soft reboot for Ninjago. Probably like what happened with Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu.

 

S11 was kind of in between continuation and soft reboot. If they go for full reboot, I wonder if they would change more then just forgetting the last 10 years of canon. Like adding some more female main cast (Skylor etc.). I think the best way to go would be a time skip with "ninja masters" and new younger ninjas to be trained. But without the insane planning that went into s1-9 I guess everything will fall apart storywise at one point.

Overall I only see less money/quality being invested into the show. Everything was a downgrade after season 9. With some good moments in every season of course and one pretty good season with MoM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

But without the insane planning that went into s1-9 I guess everything will fall apart storywise at one point.

Insane planning's a bit of an overstatement. Those storylines made more of an effort to connect with each other, but there wasn't much advanced planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so everything is together: 

71759 / Dragon Temple 4+ / $39.99 / 161 Pieces / June 1 / Kai, Zane, Snakes (x2)

71768 / Jay’s Golden Dragon Motorbike / $19.99 / 137 Pieces / June 1 / Jay (Dragon Suit), Vengestone Warrior

71769 / Cole’s Dragon Racer / $39.99 / 384 Pieces / June 1 / Cole, Kai (Dragon Suit), Vengestone Warrior, Vengestone Aspheera

71770 / Zane’s Golden Dragon Jet / $29.99 / 258 Pieces / June1 / Zane, Cole (Dragon Suit), Vengestone Skull Sorcerer

71771 / The Temple of the Crystal King / $79.99 / 703 Pieces / June 1 / Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane (Unique Suit(?)), Vengestone Warrior, Crystal King Minifigure (x2?)

71772 / The Crystal King / $69.99 / 723 Pieces / June 1 / Crystal King (Minifigure), Vengestone Warriors (x2), Lloyd, Harumi

71773 / Kai’s Golden Dragon Raider / $89.99 / 624 Pieces / June 1 / Kai, Zane (Dragon Suit), Skylor, Vengestone Mr. E, Vengestone Warrior (x3)

71774 / Lloyd’s Ultra Golden Dragon / $139.99 / 989 Pieces / June 1 / Lloyd (Golden), Cole, Kai, Jay, Zane, Vengestone Warrior (x3), Crystal King

71775 / Nya’s Samurai-X Mech / $119.99 / 1003 Pieces / June 1 / Sensei Wu, Lord Garmadon, Nelson, Vengestone Pythor, Vengestone General, Vengestone Warrior, Nya, Jay

 

Should be everything. Let me know if I missed something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Insane planning's a bit of an overstatement. Those storylines made more of an effort to connect with each other, but there wasn't much advanced planning.

 

Watch this documentary and proof me wrong after ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4lBKVX8cg

It's insane. I mean it is a toy commercial about spinner-ninja-dragon-weird tech-whatever stuff. It's like transformers but even more cringe. From S2 on they put actual feminist theory in the show for Nyas character. They took inspiration and consultation from Japanese mythology instead of simply appropriating the cliches. They picked a really good VA cast, directed them with a lot of thought, a very thoughtful soundtrack etc. Maybe I'm wrong and only the flexibility of the sets made the show so appealing. But maybe the depth of both show and sets were influencing each other and enabling this product to continue until now.

I know how shows work; I was working in this business before. Trust me or research yourself - there are TV shows and movies way more expensive and meaningful, where they put way less care into the writing process, way less concept art. They put some stuff together in a few weeks and it's odne. Compared to these big names Ninjago was a freaking pyjama-men toy commercial. But I'd argue there is deeper feminism in this show then in any current Marvel or DC movie.

The nuance of how many times conflicts are solved by befriending, understanding or redeeming the villain - or the inner conflict itself, the community, empowerment were the point all along. Of course often it's about random action scenes and mostly I'd argue the animation isn't exactly great. Sorry for the rambling, this is more what I meant instead of only the canon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m very interested in Crystal King and Samuari-X Mech sets. I can’t see the images soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was telling myself that I was going to take a year off from Ninjago again like I did for most of 2019-2020 so I can focus on other themes/sets, but man, some of these sets and minifigures sound very interesting, especially with what they mean for the Ninjago storyline. Seeing some of these characters and items used again sounds very interesting to me. Now, I'm not too interested in many of the vehicles, besides The Crystal King and large Samurai Mech, so The Temple is what I'm most interested in seeing. (I've always been a sucker for Ninjago location playsets.) I might have to Bricklink some figures as well. It seems like this wave will make for an awesome display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to prefer the villain based sets, especially the location sets, so Evo/ core didn't interest me but this new wave does, any idea when we'll have proper images?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I tend to prefer the villain based sets, especially the location sets, so Evo/ core didn't interest me but this new wave does, any idea when we'll have proper images?

Given that the sets release on June 1, I would expect images mid/late April at the earliest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe someone on instagram, maybe Brick clicker, (hopefully not legohio) said there was gonna be something on April the first on their story, however considering thats quite a solid date, that may have just been a guess. However, it is "endgame" so they may announce something. I doubt it, but it would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just built the training center, and it's a pretty good set, and good parts pack for rocks/wood type of stuff, no weird colors used, not even the technic pins, as they blend in with the grey/tan.

Also no stickers in this set.

I don't even mind the big slide part as it's in brown + its a play feature for the spinner etc, it's basicly an old part of the tree growing up the rock arch.

1 more snake figure would've been nice but I think the wooden snake mech/dummy thing is still unique enough as a replacement.

Have not built the dojo yet so will see how it'll connect to multiple areas of it, but so far as a set it's a good one imo, one of the gates looks like it'll fit over the broken rocks dojo part as the pin holes and architecture match.

The spinner isn't really my thing but the blue dish can still be used in some other purposes with anti-studs on the underside.

I prefer Ninjago Location sets and since dojo+training center gets a full set of characters of the EVO wave.

Hope LEGO keeps up the sets with connectable/reconfigurable wall sections, good for play and display, as it allows either a wide display on a shelf or something (almost 40cm wide), or a split layout for play.

Overall Ninjago theme still delivers in terms of value and often gets discounted early too.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summer sets got kinda revealed!!!!

But in a very abysmal quality.

 

Holy crap they look amazing from what i can see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, talk about blurry! 

Those crystal temple and crystal king sets look phenomenal! cannot wait for those, and with lego avatar on the horizon its gonna be an expensive summer! Bike looks fine, golden dragon looks way to messy rn with the golden blur, looks more like a star. The mech, im not sure on. I dont like the mix of colours and its looks very close to the combiner mech and Voltron, but Im gonna judge it when we get final pics. But damn am I excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, these pics are so blurry that there's barely anything we can gleam from these. The mech looks to be more lanky than I expected, and the temple is more vertical than I expected too, but that's really it. Nothing looks bad from these images, the more we see of the raider the more I like it, but that's really all I have to say. Give us better images please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving forward, would y’all prefer we return to Legacy or stick with Core? I think Core was a breath of fresh air after a lot of uninspiring Legacy sets. Don’t get me wrong, Legacy gave us some great sets and minifigures, but also a lot of duds IMO. That said, I’m not sure how well Core would work as just a handful of sets alongside the “main” wave in the same way that Legacy often did. I’m curious to hear your thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

Moving forward, would y’all prefer we return to Legacy or stick with Core? I think Core was a breath of fresh air after a lot of uninspiring Legacy sets. Don’t get me wrong, Legacy gave us some great sets and minifigures, but also a lot of duds IMO. That said, I’m not sure how well Core would work as just a handful of sets alongside the “main” wave in the same way that Legacy often did. I’m curious to hear your thoughts. 

I think I'd prefer Core. Both have their advantages, but one problem I had with Legacy was that the villain factions always ended up being really small since there were so many factions to be covered in each wave. The Core wave could have been better in terms of giving us more villains, but I think in theory focusing on just one faction would be better. 

I don't think there's much to be said about the new leaks, but I do like the proportions of the temple. The Samurai X mech also looks smaller than I was expecting, but I wonder if it might just be made to look smaller on the box so it can all fit on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.