I have created the new 2023 topic. So as to not make things even more out of order in there, I won't try and move the discussion that was already had from this topic over to that one. When there's new/more info to come out, feel free to use the new one:

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ninja distribution in this wave:

Nya — 4

Jay and Kai — 3

Lloyd — 2

Zane and Cole — 1

Looks like they finally didn't sideline Nya :wub:

Yeah, Lego seem to finally have got with the times and are taking steps to be more inclusive. I mean, check out the 2023 Lego Friends lineup. 

Hopefully we'll finally get that Cyrus Borg minifig now Lego are having to acknowledge that differently abled people can contribute just like girls can.

I am quite frustrated that the Fire and Water dragon are already sold out in the USA. I can’t afford to get them until December, and I don’t know if they’ll restock on lego.com . Didn’t those come out this summer with the Hydro Bounty wave? It feels like they were just released. There’s also a few Friendd sets I thought were incredible that just got released also set to retire. I’m not sure if things are underperforming and we just can’t tell? If they’re selling well I’m shocked to see so many good sets go so soon.

Edited by cosmic

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

I am quite frustrated that the Fire and Water dragon are already sold out in the USA. I can’t afford to get them until December, and I don’t know if they’ll restock on lego.com . Didn’t those come out this summer with the Hydro Bounty wave? It feels like they were just released. There’s also a few Friendd sets I thought were incredible that just got released also set to retire. I’m not sure if things are underperforming and we just can’t tell? If they’re selling well I’m shocked to see so many good sets go so soon.

The fire dragon was released august of 2021, the water dragon even earlier in June of 2021, both well over a year. We’ve gotten several waves of sets since then so it makes sense to retire them. Also not speaking stats but I’ve definitely seen the water dragon go to clearance and underperform at MANY local stores near me. Out of seabound it was the worst selling set by far in my area. The fire dragon tends to shelf warm a bit too but not nearly to the same extent as the water dragon or legacy raider do.

13 hours ago, mrfang2 said:

The fire dragon was released august of 2021, the water dragon even earlier in June of 2021, both well over a year. We’ve gotten several waves of sets since then so it makes sense to retire them. Also not speaking stats but I’ve definitely seen the water dragon go to clearance and underperform at MANY local stores near me. Out of seabound it was the worst selling set by far in my area. The fire dragon tends to shelf warm a bit too but not nearly to the same extent as the water dragon or legacy raider do.

Thanks for correcting me. I thought those were 2022 sets for some reason. My internal clock misled me. I’m still frustrated I likely won’t be able to pick them up directly from Lego, I may find luck at a Barnes and Noble in December. Still, it’d have been nice to have VIP points for the sets, and I’ve been catching up on retired sets from my dark ages plus retiring soon sets I still would have liked to see them at least enter December with some decent availability. 

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Thanks for correcting me. I thought those were 2022 sets for some reason. My internal clock misled me. I’m still frustrated I likely won’t be able to pick them up directly from Lego, I may find luck at a Barnes and Noble in December. Still, it’d have been nice to have VIP points for the sets, and I’ve been catching up on retired sets from my dark ages plus retiring soon sets I still would have liked to see them at least enter December with some decent availability. 

Try your local target and Walmart stores if you haven’t already, I see the water dragon on Walmart clearance frequently and target still stocks the legacy sets occasionally, and I think you can order the fire dragon on target.com still.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:09 AM, mrfang2 said:

Also not speaking stats but I’ve definitely seen the water dragon go to clearance and underperform at MANY local stores near me. Out of seabound it was the worst selling set by far in my area. The fire dragon tends to shelf warm a bit too but not nearly to the same extent as the water dragon or legacy raider do.

Which is a shame because that Water Dragon is one of my favorite (non-Movie) Lego dragons and Ninjago sets in general. The build is just so well done and the figures included are pretty fantastic, but it just didn’t catch on for some reason. The Fire Dragon Attack was a solid set too, just kinda uninteresting. The Legacy Ultra Sonic Raider deserves to flop though, it’s one of the few Lego sets I straight up regret buying.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:11 PM, cosmic said:

I don't know how the sets are selling, but I do know that because I wanted to complete the golden Legacy lineup and because none of the figs ended up on B&P/PAB or cheap elsewhere, most of my budget went to the Legacy sets. Which is a shame, because I'm not really interested in big vehicles, and there were some great sets in Seabound and the Island wave. Though, I have to admit, the villain factions don't really appeal to me and some nice prints out of them were ruined by bad printing quality. 

Edited by Exetrius

I still want that Golden Zane from the Raider, but I really don't feel like buying the set and the standalone figure goes for $15+ on Bricklink. I guess I should probably grab it before the set retires and he jumps up in price but my cheapskate impulses are telling me not to buy an entire minifigure for that much. It's a shame that set it so lackluster.

10 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I still want that Golden Zane from the Raider, but I really don't feel like buying the set and the standalone figure goes for $15+ on Bricklink. I guess I should probably grab it before the set retires and he jumps up in price but my cheapskate impulses are telling me not to buy an entire minifigure for that much. It's a shame that set it so lackluster.

Maybe look for alt builds, or if you have the talent, build a MOC with the parts. I could see a tech based tank or maybe a mobile base, or maybe 4 smaller vehicles coming from it. To be fair, it has some decent parts. But I agree, the build was a complete disaster and I’m kinda sad it’s been forgotten. It really should be up there with the destiny’s bounty and monastery, as staple Ninjago sets. Thinking of which, we need another samurai X cave at some point, an updated one, although if the current Ninjago era is over then it will probably be off the table. 

Just now, Meadius said:

Exactly me! In the end I got the set off Bricklink when I saw a steep decline in availability and it was under retail price. I figured if I ended up overpaying anyway, it would best be for some decent parts as well instead of just a fig. Plus, Mezmo is a nice fig too. Some interesting build techniques I guess, but disappointing functionality.

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Maybe look for alt builds, or if you have the talent, build a MOC with the parts. I could see a tech based tank or maybe a mobile base, or maybe 4 smaller vehicles coming from it. To be fair, it has some decent parts. But I agree, the build was a complete disaster and I’m kinda sad it’s been forgotten. It really should be up there with the destiny’s bounty and monastery, as staple Ninjago sets. Thinking of which, we need another samurai X cave at some point, an updated one, although if the current Ninjago era is over then it will probably be off the table. 

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Exactly me! In the end I got the set off Bricklink when I saw a steep decline in availability and it was under retail price. I figured if I ended up overpaying anyway, it would best be for some decent parts as well instead of just a fig. Plus, Mezmo is a nice fig too. Some interesting build techniques I guess, but disappointing functionality.

I have been thinking about trying to get into MOCing but at the moment I don't really have the funds for it, especially since there's still a lot of stuff from thus year (and even some from last year) that I'm more interested in grabbing. I suppose I'll probably just bite the bullet soon and get Zane on his own.

So glad I procrastinated getting set 71772; The Crystal King.

Just found it at Argos for £36.50 

Cheaper than Cole's Dragon Cruiser :head_back:

3 minutes ago, Killian said:

So glad I procrastinated getting set 71772; The Crystal King.

Just found it at Argos for £36.50 

Cheaper than Cole's Dragon Cruiser :head_back:

Nice catch! I've been going back and forth on getting it, I own the Lloyd fig from the magazine and i can make a pretty accurate crystallised Harumi, although Vangelis is no longer around. I own a crystal king from the temple set (found it for £40 at my local toy store, amazing price, decent build but I still dont think its worth £80), so I'd be buying it just for the build itself. I dont think ill get it at this point (need to focus on other sets/themes), but I've heard its the golden standout of this wave. Does it hold up without the figs?

13 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I've heard its the golden standout of this wave. Does it hold up without the figs?

Yeah, it's a great large creature build. The legs aren't great on posability, but it looks amazing and has great parts like the pink crystal parts and the windscreen. 

18 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Full wave has been revealed, compared to the high quality of the crystalized sets, its pretty bad lmao.

Revealed where? Just checked Promobricks and there's nothing new

Just now, Killian said:

Revealed where? Just checked Promobricks and there's nothing new

On brickset and legos official page. As these are 2023 sets, remember to use the 2023 forum guys. But yeah, they look amazing. that mech is gonna be a hit. 

13 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

On brickset and legos official page. As these are 2023 sets, remember to use the 2023 forum guys. But yeah, they look amazing. that mech is gonna be a hit. 

Oops... Thought I was on the Monkie Kid chat :blush:

Got all excited over nothing lol :iamded_lol:

Having full pics, a few things have changed for me. The mech rider looks a little better, but still seems to tall for me to not look goofy. Cole's dragon looks so much worse than it did from the box, the super low front shoulders and the side profile of the body just don't look good. It's such as shame, because everything else about it looks great. Nya's dragon,on the other hand, is fantastic, easily the best EVO dragon we've gotten. The neck shaping is really simple but very nice, especially with the curvy look implied by the tiles used on the sides. Also happens to include the 2 Core suits I'm missing, so I'm honestly really considering it.

Jay’s Titan Mech is awesome looking, more Evangelion than Gundam though. And that Creative Ninja Brick Box has some cool looking structures. 

15 minutes ago, Killian said:

The new Ninjago Comics just dropped in The UK and Europe. 

I may be army building :innocent:

!                                                                                                                                                                    s-l500

Got that whipper army on the rise as well… 

Also they still have nitro packs lying around? I’ve been meaning to get another for the goggles for a while, where did you find so many of the magizine? They’re often limited to like 1 per shop where I am. Good luck with the army!