15 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I don’t know what Lego is doing with their show, honestly it’s a disaster compared to how part 1 was marketed. We have an official release window of early October on Netflix, however it could appear on a random tv channel before that (but don’t get your hopes up). 

You’d think that Lego would release their summer season in summer, wouldn’t you? 

Yupe. Like so many things I'm sure the great creators, producers and designers are even more frustrated than us. But I would REALLY like to get some transparency WHY THE HECK this is always so uneconomical and randomly chaotic.

If a Lego ambassador could ask and some informed TLG person would say: "There are issues with ressources, covid or schedules and therefore we need 2 months to finish animating or recording for the show". Most folks would understand. But instead it's like "maybe some kid drops clips on youtube of EVERY episode tomorrow. Maybe they don't even come out in October? Who knows!"

You'd think there's people involved when some local TV channel is getting the episodes out. So why can't they just put them on Netflix in time and tell us before? Or drop an episode at some event. Anyone would be happier, TLG and Netflix would get more money :pir_tong2:. I feel like either no one knows what marketing is or the system is to complicated.

The ideal time to show the rest of the show would have been like one month ago. In October the hype is gone and maybe we have leaks of the next wave already :pir-laugh:

6 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Yupe. Like so many things I'm sure the great creators, producers and designers are even more frustrated than us. But I would REALLY like to get some transparency WHY THE HECK this is always so uneconomical and randomly chaotic.

If a Lego ambassador could ask and some informed TLG person would say: "There are issues with ressources, covid or schedules and therefore we need 2 months to finish animating or recording for the show". Most folks would understand. But instead it's like "maybe some kid drops clips on youtube of EVERY episode tomorrow. Maybe they don't even come out in October? Who knows!"

You'd think there's people involved when some local TV channel is getting the episodes out. So why can't they just put them on Netflix in time and tell us before? Or drop an episode at some event. Anyone would be happier, TLG and Netflix would get more money :pir_tong2:. I feel like either no one knows what marketing is or the system is to complicated.

The ideal time to show the rest of the show would have been like one month ago. In October the hype is gone and maybe we have leaks of the next wave already :pir-laugh:

We already do have leaks of the wave, it will be a core wave, so no spoilers for crystalized. General stuff, Cole’s car, zanes dragon, a ninja brick box and a mech rider? What ever that last one is meant to be. Honestly After picking up a couple of the core sets on sale I really enjoy this theme, especially the non EVO sets. The temple is a gorgeous build and the Lloyd dragon looks so amazing, so I’m excited to see what they do. Only thing I’m not a fan of is the flashy figs and weird colours, but I can live with that. 

does anyone know if we got a follow up for some of those riddles? I’m curious if the one about “it all started with him, now he swings over the trees and mountains” got confirmed. What even does that mean?

9 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

We already do have leaks of the wave, it will be a core wave, so no spoilers for crystalized. General stuff, Cole’s car, zanes dragon, a ninja brick box and a mech rider? What ever that last one is meant to be. Honestly After picking up a couple of the core sets on sale I really enjoy this theme, especially the non EVO sets. The temple is a gorgeous build and the Lloyd dragon looks so amazing, so I’m excited to see what they do. Only thing I’m not a fan of is the flashy figs and weird colours, but I can live with that. 

does anyone know if we got a follow up for some of those riddles? I’m curious if the one about “it all started with him, now he swings over the trees and mountains” got confirmed. What even does that mean?

Oh so Legacy is really dead? How unfortunate I didn't plan on buying new stuff other than magazine gifts but I would have liked to see new versions of the Oni trilogy or Skybound.

Built the Crystal King set, quite a nice build.

Front legs can't really move but I still think it's a great, unique creature/mech that fits well into fantasy and especially the 2020 Ninjago Dungeon wave's style.

I also like that the Crystal King minifigs are different enough from the 2 sets, the temple version has long horns and 4 arms, and the other version cow horns and 2 arms.

Also the subtle difference between Vengestone Guard and Warrior, and the head mould for those is simply amazing.

Edited by TeriXeri

20220812_165110.jpg

Collected my ideal versions of the golden weapons and built a display for them.

2011 Golden Sword
Legacy Nunchucks

Crystalized Shurikens
Crystalized Scythe with added dragon hilt.

Really wish they made a trans blue chain though.

4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Collected my ideal versions of the golden weapons and built a display for them.

2011 Golden Sword
Legacy Nunchucks

Crystalized Shurikens
Crystalized Scythe with added dragon hilt.

Has there never been a trans-blue chain before? I could have sworn I had one, but I also have no idea what it even would have come from.

53 minutes ago, Meadius said:

Has there never been a trans-blue chain before? I could have sworn I had one, but I also have no idea what it even would have come from.

Trans green. And purple. But never trans blue. At least not of the short ones.

And long ones in trans blue are fairly recent. Monkie Kid and Iron Man Armory.

Edited by Takanuinuva

They really have been teasing us with the golden weapons for years. How hard would it be to create an accurate element for each of them? Even a trans blue chain would be entirely within the realm of possibility and would improve the nunchucks immensely without requiring a new mold.

4 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

They really have been teasing us with the golden weapons for years. How hard would it be to create an accurate element for each of them? Even a trans blue chain would be entirely within the realm of possibility and would improve the nunchucks immensely without requiring a new mold.

Trans blue would require a different plastic mix, and considering how flexible the chains have to be, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was another brittle brown situation. But that’s just me playing devils advocate. 
I do also really want trans blue chains, I mean they’ve already done trans green and trans orange with the hunted and prime empire waves, why not trans blue?

30 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Trans blue would require a different plastic mix, and considering how flexible the chains have to be, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was another brittle brown situation. But that’s just me playing devils advocate. 
I do also really want trans blue chains, I mean they’ve already done trans green and trans orange with the hunted and prime empire waves, why not trans blue?

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/catalog/parts/Flexible/Chain/product.page?P=30104&idColor=15

We have a long version of a trans-blue chain piece. Short one would simply require less links.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/catalog/parts/Flexible/Chain/product.page?P=30104&idColor=15

We have a long version of a trans-blue chain piece. Short one would simply require less links.

Oh of course! It’s sat in my shelf staring at me on the bone demon. Well in that case yeah, I don’t really see why we get another trans blue chain. I guess in the show the weapons are de powered, but in MOTO the golden weapons are reforged and we see the blue lightning between the 2 nunchucks(?), so I can see why your all questioning why we don’t have one. 

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Oh of course! It’s sat in my shelf staring at me on the bone demon. Well in that case yeah, I don’t really see why we get another trans blue chain. I guess in the show the weapons are de powered, but in MOTO the golden weapons are reforged and we see the blue lightning between the 2 nunchucks(?), so I can see why your all questioning why we don’t have one. 

Yeah, I feel it's the one piece keeping us from getting Golden Weapons in as perfect of a form as we'll ever get.

Eh... personally I've never been too jazzed about the electrical connection between the Nunchuks of Lightning. I know it's always been like that in the show, but none of the other golden weapons really have persistent elemental details like that. Having the chain be a physical chain makes the weapons feel more consistent.

Though that's just personal preference and the short chain piece in Trans. Light Blue would be a cool recolor anyway.

Edited by Lyichir

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Eh... personally I've never been too jazzed about the electrical connection between the Nunchuks of Lightning. I know it's always been like that in the show, but none of the other golden weapons really have persistent elemental details like that. Having the chain be a physical chain makes the weapons feel more consistent.

Though that's just personal preference and the short chain piece in Trans. Light Blue would be a cool recolor anyway.

If they could. They'd probably dual mold the other 3 based on the colors using in the vs sets.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:54 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Could be a relatively easy custom by breaking and gluing links from the long trans-blue chain from set 80028. Maybe using the end pieces from a gold chain as they'd be more durable to cut through but still hold their shape to clip the blue links into, they probably wouldn't even need gluing.

Just picked up the new magazine for Lloyd, luckily I've got the season 11 titan mech (an incredible set) which was the only other set to include the green mask with the dark green band and golden L, although the one in the crystal king mech set has a different part ID, ending in 25 rather than 19. Still looks the same so no complaints. I absolutely love the fugitive suits, and although im not sure Lloyds newest attire counts as a fugitive suit, but its off the same base design. I'm gonna grab the crystal king set at some point, but it gets less and less likely with the incoming price increases, so I'm gonna grab what I can now. Dragon zane is next up, does anyone know what the next figure will be? I have a feeling its either gonna be the king himself or one of the generals. I not expecting another ninja now. 

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Just picked up the new magazine for Lloyd, luckily I've got the season 11 titan mech (an incredible set) which was the only other set to include the green mask with the dark green band and golden L, although the one in the crystal king mech set has a different part ID, ending in 25 rather than 19. Still looks the same so no complaints. I absolutely love the fugitive suits, and although im not sure Lloyds newest attire counts as a fugitive suit, but its off the same base design. I'm gonna grab the crystal king set at some point, but it gets less and less likely with the incoming price increases, so I'm gonna grab what I can now. Dragon zane is next up, does anyone know what the next figure will be? I have a feeling its either gonna be the king himself or one of the generals. I not expecting another ninja now. 

It's extremely annoying that for some reason he uses a golden shoulder pad.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's extremely annoying that for some reason he uses a golden shoulder pad.

Why? It comes in the figure pack. I don’t really see why else it would be annoying, since it only costs {insert currency of your country}, which is way cheaper than the set. The builds are usually what sell me on sets but if I have the chance to get it for 11 times less than I’m taking it. I’m aware the part is kinda hard to get in gold, but it’s not to annoying.

The only other reason I see this being annoying is that the gold doesn’t match with the other suits, but I do think it helps by showing the leader of the team and it also looks good with the gold accents. 
just taken a look at the leaked clip from Ep 13 again, seems Lloyd uses the GMG colour shoulder armour. I see why it’s off putting now, but I also still Think it compliments the golden tatters on the suit. It also doesn’t look bad IRL with the GMG shoulder armour, though as I said before, I think the gold is better.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Why? It comes in the figure pack. I don’t really see why else it would be annoying, since it only costs {insert currency of your country}, which is way cheaper than the set. The builds are usually what sell me on sets but if I have the chance to get it for 11 times less than I’m taking it. I’m aware the part is kinda hard to get in gold, but it’s not to annoying.

Nah, didn't mean the magazine gift. I was talking about Lloyd in The Crystal King set.

Not only doesn't it match the other ninja, but it's just simply inaccurate to the series.

Set names for next year have dropped, a Titan mech for jay, a mech bike for kai, a thunder jet, a $100 ice dragon and the ninja brick box. I can’t wait for this, I loved the core wave from this year, the big sets where amazing, and I can’t wait to see what they do with a massive ice dragon and another Titan mech, I hope we see mechs for all the ninja now. We got Lloyd zane and jay, now we just need kai Cole and Nya. No mention of the Nya bike sadly. 

Do we have thread for next year yet?

I absolutely hate the Nya erasure in this theme.

Male ninjas get multiple builds — two for Kai, Lloyd, and Jay, and one for Cole and Zane — while, guess what, Nya gets nothing.

It's tiring at this point. No Nya themed sets at all. She's also rarely included in magazines — I have multiple ninjas each, and not a single Nya.

She wasn't even included once in the Legacy magazine — nor the Legacy variant, nor Core, while we got over five of nearly each ninja.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I absolutely hate the Nya erasure in this theme.

Male ninjas get multiple builds — two for Kai, Lloyd, and Jay, and one for Cole and Zane — while, guess what, Nya gets nothing.

It's tiring at this point. No Nya themed sets at all. She's also rarely included in magazines — I have multiple ninjas each, and not a single Nya.

She wasn't even included once in the Legacy magazine — nor the Legacy variant, nor Core, while we got over five of nearly each ninja.

Playing devils advocate here, I agree we need more Nya sets. But we did just have a freaking massive mech in the latest wave. 

Any idea what the baddies are for thiscire wave?

I'm hoping they get some more Interesting side builds this time.

9 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Any idea what the baddies are for thiscire wave?

I'm hoping they get some more Interesting side builds this time.

Bets on more tech snakes? They seems a pretty versatile bunch and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get 2 new variants for this wave. I’d love to see some more and have more of them. Hoping they are the villains of the new series next year, they’d be a good base villain to start off and I’d like to get some lore on them.

54 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Playing devils advocate here, I agree we need more Nya sets. But we did just have a freaking massive mech in the latest wave. 

But then again, not only is she Samurai X, but also appeared in only one set (in contrast to Lloyd being in two, and OG ninjas in all of them but one).